Other e-Readers:

Amazon Kindle 4

Pros

Cons

• Readability:

Nothing But Love for My Kindle!

Let me start by saying I am a book-aholic. I love reading, and I have since I was first able to. My biggest issue has always been lugging around books in my purse. Sometimes they were heavy, and sometimes the pages ended up crinkled, which drives me crazy. After having kids, the chaos got even worse! Not only did I have to lug my books around, but also books for my kids, who all enjoy different subjects and age level books.
My mom asked what I wanted for Christmas, and I said a Kindle, as I really wanted something compact that I could bring with me when we travel 6-8 hours to visit family, to the doctor's appointments for my four kids, and to the hospital when my youngest was born. I expected it to be my main means of stress reduction and relief.
After using my Kindle for over a year, I have found that it has been so much more than I expected. Besides being able to take it all the places I wanted, I have found that it has been amazingly useful at home, when we are looking for a new book for my kindergartener to read. It's wonderful when I forget to grab a book for the kids before heading to the doctor. It's great at restaurants when service is slower than my kids are prepared to sit still for. Right now my Kindle has over 100 books, mostly free, in a range of genres and for all ages.
Another big thing for me is how long it lasts. Normally I can go for days without charging my Kindle, which is great. I try to keep it charged at all times, but if I forget to bring it in one night, I don't have to worry abut it giving out on me during our next adventure. I'm also able to charge it in the car or from my computer. It uses the same size charger as my cell phone. Having to only have one charger plugged in and accounted for at a time is also a huge benefit for us!

Battery Life
As stated above, the battery life is fine. I'm able to read for hours a day for days in a row before charging if I so desire. Normally I try to charge it before it gets low, but when I was in the hospital for my son's birth, I was able to go the entire time without charging it. I spent most of the time there reading, because there wasn't much to do, and I don't sleep well there.

Book Choices/Variety
The choices for books is unlimited! I haven't had to pay for my books yet, and only pay for books for my kids if there's one they really want. Free books are abundant, and I have yet to look for any book I couldn't find.

Readability
One huge benefit of my Kindle is it doesn't have backlighting. It's much easier on the eyes this way. I can turn on a light or get a light to hook to it to read in the dark if desired, but generally, it's not an issue. I would prefer this over another Kindle, simply because it is less stressful on the eyes. It's like reading a paper book.

It doesn't get much easier. I had a day or two learning which button does what, and once in a while I still forget how to get back to what I need to push, but for the most part, it's really easy. Tech stuff often confuses me, so for me to say it's pretty easy, you know it's easy.

I don't think there's really anything I would change. It's thin without being too thin. It's easy enough to use. I looks fine.

I haven't had any problems, really, but that's because my Kindle came to me with a cover and scratch resistant covers. Without them, I have no doubt it would be in much worse shape. A friend of mine has had issues with hers, simply because she didn't spend a little extra to get the accessories. The device itself is pretty durable, and with the accessories available, it can be great.

Lightweight Easy to Learn, But Clunky Navigation

I was privileged enough to be able to use this Kindle for several books, and while I enjoyed the ability to have many books at my fingertips, maneuvering around the Kindle was a little clunky and though it was easy enough to figure out, the way the Kindle was set up made it slightly cumbersome to find the book that I had been reading in the list.

Battery Life
I do not know how long the battery life is supposed to last, but I read through a book in one night and still had plenty of battery left. (That would have been 8 straight hours of reading).

Book Choices/Variety
I haven't had a problem with variety on the Kindle yet.

Readability
I enjoy the way this Kindle does the back lighting as it does not put a strain on your eyes to read it as a TV or a computer screen would, thus making it possible to read for hours without any discomfort.

I exited out of my book in seeing what the buttons all did and had a little bit of trouble finding it until I searched for it using a search. Yet at the same time I was able to pick up the Kindle and no one had to give me instructions on how to use it first. It was easy enough to pick it up and figure it out on the fly.

The design was simple which made navigation easier. I enjoyed the fact that it was not heavy as I have heard some e-readers can be. I the ability to navigate around was made simple by the fact that there weren't many buttons, but that also made it a bit more cumbersome, if that makes sense. There were more steps to take and buttons to push to get to where you wanted to go, because there weren't that many buttons to start with. The side tabs for flipping the pages were nice, though I did sometimes find myself pushing them by accident depending on how I was holding the Kindle. This wasn't a huge problem, but it did occur.

The Kindle I used has put up with a lot and is still going strong. I carried it around in my purse (love the size!) and I tend to throw my purse around a bit, and it didn't even blink at that. It did help that it had a cover on, but the Kindle didn't appear to be cheaply made, which I appreciated.

E-ink is amazing.

Comments about Amazon Kindle 4:

I love e-ink displays. 100% better for reading. But, if you want a tablet for movies and games etc. this one is obviously not for you. If however you are a READER, this thing is perfect, and you won't get any glare if you read outside/ in the sun.

Battery Life
Honestly it lasts forever. Just be sure to check it before traveling, because sometimes you'll go so long without charging it that the 20% mark will sneak up on ya.

Baby K

Comments about Amazon Kindle 4:

I adore the Baby K! This is the main Kindle I give away as a gift. It is light weight, easy to use, small for transportation in various bags and handbags and my favorite part - the page turn buttons. I wish my paperwhite had these page turn buttons. I lose myself in the story when I am reading on this device, there are zero distractions due to the sleekness of the device. I prefer to use this Kindle without a case. Increasing the font size helps my son practice his reading as he does not get confused by seeing a lot of words on a page. He doesn't realize that he is reading a large book that would be too intimidating in paperback or hard cover format. This also helps people dealing with macular degeneration continue to read long past the time they thought they would have to stop. It holds a charge longer than the keyboard Kindle does in my opinion. You can't go wrong with this device if you are looking to get someone back into the love of reading.

A favorite of mine!

from Millsboro, DE

Love it!

Battery Life
Battery lasts up to 1.5 months.

Book Choices/Variety
Easy to load books, can get free books from online library

Readability
Can read on it anywhere. No glares.

Not heavy at all.

small, easy to carry, recommend everyone gets a case for it.

Have dropped it several times & it still works.

• Readability:

The future of digital reading.

Comments about Amazon Kindle 4:

I have had an iPad for quite some time now but I originally purchased the kindle 4 because I have a pretty bad problem with eye strain. LCD screens just wear my eyes out so I thought I would give this kindle e-reader a shot.

I haven't put it down since. I love the fact that it looks almost exactly like paper! Reading on this device is just as easy, as reading a regular book, and it is more convenient since you can purchase books in a couple of seconds.

This is a fantastic product and I was not disappointed with any aspect of it. If you can find it for a good price pick it up right away, you wont regret it!

Battery Life
It last for weeks. The only negative I have is that if the wifi is left on than the battery will slowly drain even if its not in use. Other than that, the battery is fantastic.

The design of this is simple and very easy to use. It only has a direction button pad so it may not have the functionality, of an iPad or other touchscreen devices, but it gets the job done.

my library on the fly..

Comments about Amazon Kindle 4:

I've had my kindle for 2 years and I love it. I have never had any problems with it. It was an easy set up and I synced all my accounts to it. I use many free sites and find some great reads. This is just an easy product to use.

Battery Life
It doesn't suck up the battery as fast as my other tablet (nexus 7) because it only has 1 purpose . I can plug it into my chromebook and it charges fast.

Book Choices/Variety
If you don't want all the bells and whistles then this is what you want. There are some games you can download, but nothing like the tablet games. That is the way I like it, just get down to reading the great stuff. There have been some upgrades within the year such as fonts, create new collections, and a browser. All of my books have downloaded perfectly with instant access to my books.

Readability
This is not a touch screen kindle, but that is fine with me. It is an easy reader, with rockers on both sides fwd/ back.., which makes it able to fit in your palm. The settings allow you to set it the way you like. You can make the font small or large and you have the options of making your screen bright or dim and even change line spacing, words per line, screen rotation, and typeface.

Easy set up, very user friendly.

Simple to use, sturdy structure.

I have had mine for 2 years and have never had anything go wrong with it. I do have a little spot on my screen , but that is because I never got a screen protector (my own fault).

• Readability:

It has been wonderful having this.

Comments about Amazon Kindle 4:

this is easy to use, fits easy into purse for travel and have found many books for free through local library.

Battery Life
Lasts for quite a long time.

Book Choices/Variety
I can always find plenty of items.

It is easy to read.

Easy to use & easy directions to follow.

Straight forward.

Extremely durable

• Readability:

Kindle Fire - a Great product for reading books!

Comments about Amazon Kindle 4:

The Kindle Fire is great for reading books. I especially enjoy that I can download books for FREE from my local library. I don't use it much for internet browsing or games, but for reading it is great! I do wish that it was touch screen, but I still enjoy using it for reading. Great product for a very reasonable price!

Readability
Difficult to read without good lighting.

Wish it was touchscreen

I would recommend getting a case for it

Awesome device to have

Comments about Amazon Kindle 4:

I love my kindle! It was very affordable and I've saved a lot of money on books since buying it. The eink screen is amazing, it isn't lit so it doesn't hurt your eyes like reading on a normal screen. It is very lightweight and has an astonishingly long battery life. Unfortunately it is only in black and white, so while it's great for reading plain text, I can't read comic books on it. I would also probably opt for the touch screen version over the version with buttons if I were buying again. I wish they had an option with more memory space. You can store pretty many books on it as is now though.

Love this Product

Comments about Amazon Kindle 4:

I got this product for a graduation gift and absolutely love it. I usually am more in favor of reading real books but I am come to love my Kindle simply because i can take it anywhere and have access to more books.

Battery Life
This product has a great battery life. I can use it for days and days without having to charge her up. I usually take mine to work with me and read for an hour on my lunch break and then read for another hour or so when I get home. I have never had it die on me yet.

Book Choices/Variety
This ereader has a great variety of book choices. I have always been able to easily find what book I am looking for and amazon also gives me a lot of great recommendations that I wouldn't have normally picked.

Readability
This ereader is great. It is easy to read and my eyes don't get tired like the would from reading off a computer screen.

This product is very easy to use. It gives you great instruction for set up and how to get new books onto the device.

Great sleek design allows me to basically take it anywhere with me. So small it fits in my purse. Absolutely love it!

I have had mine for a while now and have had no problems with it. I did buy a case for it just to be causious but nothing bad has happened yet!

I love my Kindle

Comments about Amazon Kindle 4:

Kindle is an amazing tool to carry over a thousand books with you anywhere.

Battery Life
The battery is great.. and a charge easily lasts for a week with heavy use.

Book Choices/Variety
There are so many amazing books available for the kindle.

Readability
The non glare screen is a plus.. and it is very easy to read. You can change the font as well.

This kindle is easy to use and easy to learn to use.

slim design that fits in my purse.

I have had my kindle for a year and a half and it's still going strong. love it.