Other e-Readers:
Amazon
Amazon Kindle Fire

Amazon Kindle Fire

Pros

• Durable (3)

The Kindle Fire is well worth the price

It exceeds my expectations with one minor annoyance. The Fire seems to have a problem of connecting to my router automatically once in a while. I'm really loving the quality of the screen. Videos, books and magazines look great on the Fire. I haven't had a problem with hearing music or videos through the speakers or my ear buds, so that's good. I'm really enjoying my Kindle because I can use it for apps, videos, social networking, web surfing, reading and listening to music. The best thing about the product is the fact that it is much lighter than my laptop.

Battery Life
It depends on what I'm doing and the settings. If the brightness is very bright, playing a game, or watching a video the battery life goes down pretty fast. If I'm just using a couple of apps throughout the week, the battery life is very long.

Book Choices/Variety
They have everything I want to read in the lenders' library. I'm really enjoying Prime so far.

I Love the convience of not having to carry a book.

Although the kindle is convienent in the sense you don't have to tote a book around anymore, I still find it bulky and heavy,n prefer its cheaper version the paperwhite.If your not using the internet and apps like me the cheaper versions are much easier to handle and carrry.

Battery Life
When reading for a full day the battery life drains fast,but when keeping light down and wifi off it does last longer, but still only expect about 12 hours of continous reading before having to charge.

Book Choices/Variety
The books that are available from amazon are endless,n you can always check them out from librarys too. Also amazon offers free books.

Readability
The lighting on this device is great, its also nice to be able to change the script form and brightness for reading at night. Its also great to read books to my grandkids who are much more likely to sit and listen because they can see the color pages:)

I give it only satisfactory due to its weight and bulkiness, as mentioned before if not using internet and apps, the cheaper versions are a much better choice.

The design is great except the weight and thickness, but it is nice to see books in color and be able to see pics on front of books that my 1st kindle doesn't offer,nor did it have lighting.

Its seems very durable but again keep it in a case in case:) of an accidental drop, which has happened when grandkids have come over.

Slow

from Houston, Texas

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Bright

Cons

• Pricey / Poor Value
  • slow

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire:

I found this kindle fire to be slow most of the time. I previously owned the kindle fire HD and it was great, but this not so much. Other than that it was fine, the graphics were good, and it felt good in my hands. It was not too big and not too small, but who wants a slow device.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

excellent product

from Miami Florida

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Bright
    • Doesn't Jam
    • Durable
    • Good Value
    • Professional Weight
    • Sharp Tones & Colors

• Black & White documents
      • Color Photos
      • Graphics & Charts
      • Professional Documents

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire:

It is an excellent product considering the price. I recommend it to all my friends and family

• Primary use:
      • Personal
      • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Easy To Use

from Fort Collins, CO

Pros

• Compact Design
      • Durable
      • Easy To Read
      • Easy To Use
      • Good Screen Quality

• Entertainment
        • Everyday

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire:

I'm 70 years old and totally inept when it comes to technology. The Fire is inexpensive and easy to use. It does what I need. The only thing I don't like is I can't import my address book from my computer. It does add the address after I have sent an email or received one, so that isn't a big problem.

• Was this a gift?:

Handy!

from New Baltimore, MI

Pros

• Attractive Design
        • Compact Design
        • Durable
        • Easy To Read
        • Good Compatibility
        • Long Battery Life

Cons

• Poor Screen Quality

• Academics
        • Entertainment
        • Everyday
        • Multimedia
        • Travel

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire:

I bought this because my computer broke down and I needed something affordable to open files and search the internet for school. It came in really handy! I ended up downloading textbooks to it and it saved me a real backache. And I use it for plenty of other things too. I'm satisfied with the space for books and the ease of reading.
        The only problems that I really have with the device are the touch screen and the web browser. The touch screen isn't super accurate... it's ok but it could stand some improvement. I'm used to using an iphone, which I think has superior touch screen capabilities. The other problem is the web browser, which I just don't really like all that much! It gives mobile sites when I would prefer the full. I'm sure that will happen with any tablet though.

• Was this a gift?:

Kindle Fire 6

from Menasha, WI

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire:

I broke into tablets by purchasing a reasonably priced product. It serves most of my needs. If I wanted it to meet all of my needs, the price would have been 2 1/2 times as much. I may do this next time, but, for now, this Kindle Fire 6 is all I need. I get to read, watch videos, listen to music and books, check emails, work on Office documents and spreadsheets, take pictures and more. It's a great little product.

Battery Life
        No matter what I'm doing, the battery life is very good. Sometimes I have to charge it every day or two, but more often I charge it every 5-7 days.

Book Choices/Variety
        Many books available free or for little money. Of course, you can get new books too.

Readability
        I love that you can change fonts easily to match your eyesight. It's very clear and backlit so you can read in the dark.

I haven't run into any problems, but if I do, the guide is readily available.

I love the design. It's small enough to fit in my jacket pocket, yet large enough for me to read. I like the front and back cameras - makes it easier for all needs.

I've only had it for a month, but I love it. There have been no problems yet.

Kindle Fire

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire:

This is a fantastic product I would recommend to anyone who loves to read. Try it out and you'll be glad you did.

Battery Life
        Just plug it in after you use it and you'll never need to worry about the battery. You can get days of battery life out of it.

Book Choices/Variety
        There are tons and tons of books. The selection is comparable to that of a Chapters book store.

Readability
        Screen is great at not getting glare. no problems here.

A baby could figure this thing out.

It is sleek and very nice.

I dropped mine once or twice and it still works great.

Kindle Fire - DEPENDS ON YOUR NEEDS

from Pittsburg, CA

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire:

I was given my fire as a gift and I have to say, this ereader is good for someone looking for an ereader with a kick. I like to play games, read comics, books and watch videos on my erader/tablet and I must say that this ereader did not live up to my needs. It was good for what it did do. I was able to fit tons of books on there but just that. There was little room to do anything else. The format to watch videos was different where I had to convert them before putting them on the kindle. I also could not read my comics very well. First they had to be put on as a pdf there was no comic reader app to download and once I got the comics on the font was so small I got a headache after the first couple of minutes of reading. The kindle is not all bad, but if you are looking for a little more to your reader this is not the way to go.

Readability
        It was easy to read the kindle if you were indoors. If you are outside or anywhere where you might get a glare you should give up becase it is so hard to see whats on the screen it is ridiculous.

• Readability:

All the power you need at a very small price

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire:

I've had this product a little over a year now. In that time I can honestly say that I have not had one single problem with it. The Kindle Fire runs so smoothly, whether I'm reading, browsing the internet, listening to music, watching Netflix, etc. The size is perfect for me, and I love the durability of the Kindle. Having accidentally dropped it a time or two, I was happy to see that there wasn't even a scratch - let alone much worse damage. The screen is bright and vibrant, perfect for reading your favorite novel and/or magazine. My one very minor issue is the sound. The speakers seem to be very low, even at the highest volume. The quality of sound also seems to diminish a little the higher the volume goes. As I said, this a minor complaint, and it doesn't take away from the overall experience. If you're in the market for a durable, reliable, easily affordable tablet, look no further than the Kindle Fire.

Ok but not a tablet

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire:

Great as an e-reader. I really hated the interface on startup. And there is no option to change it. If you want a tablet to do other things besides a great e-reader look in a different brand since Kindle Fire lacks access to the Google Play Store.

Battery Life
        I find it loses battery power rather quickly with apps but does fine when just reading ebooks.

Amazing

from Millsboro, DE

Easy to read. Love it!

Battery Life
        battery dies quickly when wifi is on

Book Choices/Variety
        Can borrow from the library, get free books on facebook pages, etc.

Readability
        Some glare, can't use outside

Touch screen is awesome

easy to hold, not too heavy

Have dropped it several times & it still works. Make sure you buy a case for it.