Other Powders:

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Mineral Veil - All Shades/Textures

Pros

Cons

Add Some Velvet To Your Skin

Mineral Veil is one of those things that I heard of long before I even tried Bare Escentuals mineral makeup.Mineral Veil was promoted by many as magical, amazing, perfect, - gosh the descriptives given to it were very intriguing.When someone gave me a huge kit of Bare Escentuals I was interested to see what all the fuss was about.  In contrast to Bare Escentuals foundation which is slightly shimmery, Mineral Veil is the opposite.  Mineral Veil is a translucent base which adds a velvety finish to skin/foundation.  It causes the light to be absorbed so that the skin looks finished in a velvet sort of way.You can reapply Mineral Veil through the day to add that matte effect to the skin.  It sets the makeup and makes it feel fresh- even in  hot weather.**HOW TO APPLY**You put a little in the cap, swirl up into the face brush, and then apply lightly all round the face.  **MY COMMENTS**I like Mineral Veil.  It puts a nice finish on the face- even bare skin.  It causes the appearance of the skin to look healthy and fresh.  It does not take much product at all , so don't be deceived.  A little goes a long way.I have noticed that this works well on young or older skin.  It works on all types of skin as well.  The only drawback is that it does tend to show up on darker skin.  You can try the tinted versions , but please do yourself a favor and check out how it looks not only in daylight, incandescent light, but also the harsh florescent lights of stores.For some reason translucent powders tend to reflect light in the harsh florescent lights which make many dark complexioned ladies look like they are wearing a mask.

If you want to accentuate your fine lines and wrinkles...sure

Yeah for minerals I said! Yeah for  a product that isnt a greasy heavy cream or stick, or thick gloopy mess! It wont clot my pores, wont upset my delicate and allergic skin, will wash off easily, wont be messy...I had a thousand reasons I wanted this product! Wow, how I wanted this product.

I paid (the full price when it first came out I might ad) and anxiously awaited for the set to arrive. I paid the extra monies to have the (then) optional DVD of how to apply and use the product with it as well because frankly I have never been much of a makeup wearer. I am allergic to most things, especially anything in cream form, or anything with an oil/petrolium base, so my selection of this product was done very carefully and after speaking with a representative.

Now, mind you, I am no spring chicken, but I dont have definate wrinkles either, just the precurser of lines to the forehead, I dont even have laugh or smile lines. But boy did this product just set me up to look old.

I watched the video all the way through once just for general interest, the next time I watched, I sat with the products and tried them all out with the video directions. I wasnt real happy with how it applied to my face, settling into every nook and cranny and into anything that was even hinting at being a wrinkle in the next millenium! I tried a different application, same, I tried more, same. I tried different brushes, different techniques, even talked to the company about what I was doing wrong. Guess what? Nothing. There is just a small percentage of us that this make up wont work for. Light and thin skinned people or heavily haired persons she said. Lovely. Seems like they should have put that on the ad to begin with.

So ladies, if you are light, thin or hairy skinned, dont bother. This product is not for you.

And if you have allergies that focus themselves mostly on your eyes, dont bother either, I had a horrible eye reaction to the eye shadows. They may be natural minerals, but they are still minerals and cause the same bad allergy affects.

Flawless finish.

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Mineral Veil - All Shades/Textures:

BareMinerals is my favorite sheer powder to finish my makeup with. Makes my skin glow and look flawless. I love the luminous one with shimmer so that my skin slightly sparkles. Completes my look every time, whether my makeup is for day or night. Worth it.

Great everyday "quick fix".

from Maysville, GA

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Mineral Veil - All Shades/Textures:

I use this product daily. A total "make-up" job takes under 10 minutes, cream to lipstick....mineral veil is the main stay.
The BE mineral veil is best applied with the original Kabuki brush. Load, swirl, tap & go.
Can be used in lieu of foundation for a smooth finished face in hot weather. Contains SPF 15. Comes in original & tinted.

I have used this product for over 10 years. No one compliments my "make-up".
I do receive a few compliments on my skin. Isn't that what we want?

Hydrating Mineral Veil

from Seward, PA

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Mineral Veil - All Shades/Textures:

If you are on the fence about this product, get off!! I have been using this product for 3 years along with the original bare minerals foundation and couldn't live without either. The hydrating mineral veil is a good choice for the 40+ woman such as myself, not only does it make your foundation last longer, but with it's hydrating properties it does not cake or settle into fine lines or wrinkles. It has a translucent light reflecting property that makes you skin glow. I highly recommend this product.

No Shine with Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Mineral Veil!

from Gibson, GA

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Mineral Veil - All Shades/Textures:

I began using Bare Escentuals make-up a few years ago and never went back! I live in the south where it gets pretty hot and it is amazing how Mineral Veil keeps the shine away. With Mineral Veil, your makeup does not melt away in the heat. It provides adequate coverage without feeling caked on, like many non mineral based cosmetics. Sure I could find less expensive powder at the local drug store, but I would not be happy with it. I am worth the investment in Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Mineral Veil!

essential

from Springfield, MO

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Mineral Veil - All Shades/Textures:

I cannot live with out this product, it puts the finishing touches on the bare escentuals look. i use their foundations too, and mineral viel just pulls it all together. it prevents shine all day, and helps give you a finished look overall. i dont leave the house without it.

Finishing touch to a flawless face

from Livonia, MI

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Mineral Veil - All Shades/Textures:

I love the entire Bare Escentual line.  I have been using it for over one year and have noticed a tremendous improvement in my skin and how my makeup looks.  One of my favorite products in the line in the Mineral Veil.  This can be used several times throughout the day and never gets cakey or overdone.  It is miraculous.  My Bare Escentuals makeup looks great alone, but never seems finished without the Mineral Veil.  It also comes in a tinted color as well which works well for people of color and those who have tanned.  Try this line and this product.  You will not be disappointed.  The price is not that out of line and it lasts a long time.

Make-up so pure you can sleep in it

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Mineral Veil - All Shades/Textures:

Mineral Veil is a very soft airbrush look to your skin.  On days where it is too humid or that I am going out somewhere nice, I use the Mineral Veil under the foundation, then again on after applying the foundation.  In the humid weather I noticed that once I use this product it makes me feel a bit cooler and lessens any reddness from the sun.

Very nice finish

from Garner, NC

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Mineral Veil - All Shades/Textures:

I've been using BE Mineral Veil for several years now. I switched to the tinted version because I wanted a hint of color, while still getting the same coverage. This blends in well, feels very great on your skin & leaves a nice soft finish. It feels so light, as if you're wearing nothing at all. I use it over my primer & my face looks nearly flawless, except for those pesky dark spots/acne scars that I can't seem to cover up...still looking for the perfect concealer for those. :)

Satin finish air brushed look!

from Franklin, TN

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Mineral Veil - All Shades/Textures:

This product description says" A luminous 100% pure bareMinerals finishing powder for the face".I heard a lot of good review about it and decided to test it.Now I am in love with it.As soon as I applied it ,I noticed that it minimized the appearance of lines and pores on my skin.

It comes in four shades - Original , Illuminating , Tinted and hydrating.

I use tinted.This product is light and doesn't clog on the skin and the tinted veil gives a nice sun-kissed look.I looks very natural and soft too.It is definitely worth the price and a little goes a long way.It can be worn alone or on top of the foundation to make it stay longer.Haven't had any reactions or breakouts from it.

I don't go out without applying this on anymore and will definitely recommend it to all my friends.Bare Escentuals bareminerals Mineral veil does exactly what it says - locks makeup in place and give your skin airbrushed perfection.

love this light glimmery gorgeousness

from Brighton, MA

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Mineral Veil - All Shades/Textures:

I love this Bare Minerals Mineral Veil.  It is not only good after the entire Bare Minerals regimen (concealer, mineral foundation, mineral color and then the veil), but also great after any foundation, liquid or not.

1.  It reduces the shine after liquid foundation.  I tend to use the liquid foundation in the winter because my skin is drier in the winter.  Sometimes I use it in the summer as well.  The mineral veil is fantastic to reduce the shine from the liquid foundation.  I love it, it adds a certain glow to the skin.

2.  It reduces the powdery effects of mineral/powder foundation.  Basically, if a mineral foundation works with your skin, the mineral veil just enhances its effects. If you use too much blush/bronzer, applying the veil can help reduce the redness/color without having to rub it off.  If your powder foundation cakes up, the mineral veil tends to add the slight glow.  It lasts forever and you don't need that much of it.