Other Mascaras:

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara

Pros

Cons

Lengthens and adds volume for beautiful lashes

I purchased the **Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara** because it was recommended to me by my hair stylist who also is a makeup artist at my salon. My salon carries all of the **Bare Minerals** products, so at first I thought she was recommending it to me just to buy it from the salon, but I asked her "off the record" if she would purchase this mascara even if she didn't sell it at the salon, and she replied "most definitely."

First of all, what I love about the **Bare Minerals** products is that they are made with all natural ingredients, leaving out harsh chemicals that most makeup brands use. When it comes to mascara, or anything I am applying to my face or near my eyes, the last thing I want is harsh chemicals. Because this mascara is made with all natural ingredients, it makes it extra easy to remove with a light wash, as opposed to not being able to remove all of it and waking up in the morning with intense raccoon eyes, like I have experienced with other mascaras.

Ease of Application
The key to applying this mascara with the best lengthening and volume results is to do the "twirl and pull" technique that my hair stylist taught me. Upon placing the mascara brush at your lash line, twirl the brush as you pull it to the ends of your lashes. This really allows you to lengthen the lashes and separate them with only a couple of "twirl and pull" applications, as opposed to a million applications to achieve that length and volume with other mascaras.

Flawless Definition Mascara is not as good as I expected.

In one of my recent online orders, I received a free sample of **Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara**.  It's a nice sized mascara - about half the size of a regular mascara.  I have not liked any of the Bare Mineral products that I have tried, but this mascara, although only 3 stars, is the best product of theirs that I have tried.

The Bare Minerals [Loose Powder Foundation][1] was horrible, as was the [Mineral Veil][2] , but luckily this **Flawless Definition Mascara **is much better, although not great.  The brush is very small.  The bristles are very fine and taper off in size from the inside of the brush to the end.  The small brush does seem to grab every one of your lashes, which I like, but I can't stand the way it leaves my lashes looking.  I can't tell if the brush or the mascara formula is the culprit, but it leaves my lashes looking brittle and like spider legs.  I haven't been getting any clumps with this mascara, which is definitely a plus.  It does make my lashes longer, but it doesn't provide as much volume as I like.  This mascara *can *claim a small feat, it's paraben-free, which is hard to find in the mascara world.  The packaging also states that this mascara contains "healthy antioxidants and vitamin E".

**Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara **isn't horrible, but I definitely wouldn't buy it.  I gave this product 3 stars because although it does add length and doesn't clump, I really dislike the spidery look this mascara gives my lashes.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Bare-Escentuals-Bare-Minerals-Complexion-Make-up-review-22e99
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Bare-Escentuals-Mineral-Veil-review-a23f0

This is very easy to use.

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara:

I'm generally not a big fan of mascaras. I always feel like they are difficult to apply so that your lashes look natural and you have to keep checking if they are not running down your face. Since I don't use mascara often, I am not very good at applying. But when I go out, I do like to add some length and volume to my lashes. I think this mascara is very easy to use. Even for mascara beginners like myself, I could get it relatively right with just a few strokes. I also didn't think it gave you black patches on your eyes when you have it on for hours.

This does add some length and volume but doesn't exaggerate it too much. I like it that way since it looks quite natural but if you want dramatic changes, I don't think this will satisfy your desires.

Ease of Application
The best feature about this mascara is that it is easy to apply. It goes on your lashes very smoothly so you don't have to struggle when you are apply this mascara.

• Ease of Application:

Best mascara I have ever used!!

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara:

I was with my aunt having a girl day one weekend and so we decided to step into the mall and check out the makeup store inside. My aunt really needed some new makeup and the saleslady recommended the Bare Escentuals bareMinerals brand to us and we thought, why not? So we got the whole kit and whatnots and went home to try it out. We fell in love! The mascara glides on flawlessly! There are no clumps and your lashes look full and beautiful and healthy! It comes off easily and yet it stays on for all day coverage. I have even gone a full day biking with this stuff and it did not smear, run, or come off! This is definitely worth the price. I also have very sensitive skin and I have yet to have any sort of allergic reaction and I have been using it for two years now. I am definitely hooked.

Made my lashes fuller and more intense without any clumping or stickiness.

Ease of Application
Goes on flawlessly and smoothly without worrying about sticking to your lashes

• Ease of Application:

This is the best mascara I have ever used.

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara:

I have tried several mascaras and they have all clumped up or just didn't go on smoothly. When I tried bare minerals mascara it did not do that. It has never clumped up on me and it leaves my lashes looking thick and long. I'm a huge fan of this mascara and will never use anything else. I recommend this product to everyone.

• Ease of Application:

Nice and light but still works

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara:

This is my favorite mascara because no matter how many layers I put on I never have clumps or buildup that makes my lashes too thick and heavy. It acts more like a stain than a mascara; nice and light but intense and dark on my naturally brown lashes. I can actually blink with this on without worrying about getting my lashes stuck together.
Cleaning it off is a bit more of a challenge because it does stain somewhat but for me that's actually a plus because I like having that darker tint to my lashes even after I've cleaned this off.
This is also great if you have sensitive skin; even when I've fallen asleep with this on it didn't end up making my allergies act up.

Lasts a reasonable amount of time and has never irritated my eyes, has lasted all day for me without needed to pile on an excess of heavy pigments.

Ease of Application
Smooth and thin, I have to put more than a single coat on most of the time but those coats layer well without feeling bulky or flaking too much.

Love it

from White Stone, VA

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara:

Easy to apply even down to the root. The smaller brush gives you great control and the ability to cover all the lashes. Very little mess or "mistakes" getting the mascara somewhere other than the eyelash! The mascara makes for healthier lashes, in my opinion.

Mascara splurge.

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara:

I would have given it a 5 if it wasn't so expensive. Normally I wear maybelline's great lash mascara, but when I spend the extra money, I ALWAYS buy BM flawless definition. I like the smaller sample/travel sizes better than the bigger tubes, but they work the same.

Makes my lashes look long, dark, and defined.

Ease of Application
Easy to apply. The smaller tubes with shorter wands allow for more control.

• Ease of Application:

Pricey and not totally organic but still good as a mascara

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara:

It's pretty expensive and despite being mostly natural, I believe that it does contain stuff that irritate some skin types So if you want a completely natural mascara, this is not for you and for the price, not worth it. Regardless, if you just want a good mascara with less toxic ingredients, this is a good buy. Cheaper than some other high end mascaras, this does a good job with lengthening and volume. Lasts through the day and does not irritate my eyes.

Lasts long and does both add volume and lengthen.

Ease of Application
Can sometimes end up with spider eyes.

This mascara is just ok

from Manchester, NH

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara:

This is a basic black eyeliner with limited appeal. If you don't wear much eye-makeup and prefer a few light brushes of mascara, this would be sufficient. It's not necessarily a "cheap" mascara, but it's what you would expect for a mascara that usually comes as an added bonus. This is probably not the mascara you would choose for yourself, but it works alright.

Lengthens and adds volume for beautiful lashes

from Chicago, IL

• Ease of Application:

Bare Escentuals mascara is a great performing mascara!

from Riverside, CA

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara:

Overall, one of the best mascaras around. Lately I've bought mascaras that come out of the brand new product clumpy and drying. This has a great viscosity, and wears well.

It goes as long as your day. Never flakes or clumps. It really defines your lashes. I love the performance of this mascara!

Ease of Application
The brush is great for defining your lashes, and it always goes on so smoothly.