Other Strollers:

Baby Trend Deluxe Sit 'n Stand Stroller

Pros

Cons

If you have an Infant & a Toddler you NEED this stroller

I had a 1 year old when I found out that I was pregnant again. My 1 year old was developmentally delayed and wasn't walking and we knew she most likely wouldn't be walking by the time the new baby was born. I immediately knew I would need a double stroller since I also have a school aged child that I need to walk to pick up every day. I read a ton of reviews and tested pretty much every double stroller that is available. I did not like the side-by-side kind because I knew that it would be too wide for the aisles of many stores. So I decided on a front-to-back type. I liked the idea of the sit-and-stand strollers but figured they were out of the question since my then 1 year old wouldn't be ready to sit on the bench or stand when the baby came. I tested a bunch of double strollers and they all were hard to push and steer. Many were also hard to fold up and for me to lift into our van. I am only 4ft9 and knew I would need a stroller that I could manuever and also get in to the van by myself since I am a SAHM and my husband works a lot of hours. I found this stroller at Target. I tested it out and immediately fell in love with it. I liked the idea that it could be 2 seats at first and convert to a sit-n-stand later. It was easy to steer, easy to control, and easily folded up. I was able to get it in the van easily as well. I didn't buy it that day and continued to reasearch strollers. Even to the point of driving my husband nuts. I was about 7 month pregnant and he kept saying "Just buy a stroller and be done with it already". Well, I never found one I liked as much as this one. So, after all my research this is the one I got. I use it daily to pick up my oldest at school. My ONLY complaint is that with the infant in the infant seat in front of the toddler my toddler would take off the baby's socks and try to grab the baby's feet waking her up. Now that the baby is 8 months old and sits in the regular seat it is not a problem.

Convenient to have when you have two small children

When we found out that we were pregnant with our second child, we started looking into double strollers. I wasn't sure what I wanted, so I did research and thought a Sit 'n Stand would be our best bet. Our son was going to be 2.5 when our daughter was born, so we weren't sure how much longer he'd want to ride in a traditional stroller. We ended up buying the Baby Trend Deluxe Sit 'n Stand Stroller. We like it for the most part, but there are things about it that we definitely do not like. It's a great stroller to have when you have two smaller children. I like the option of having a second seat, or removing the seat and just having a bench. We've used it both ways and like them both. We've used this stroller a lot, for short trips to the store or longer trips to the zoo. We've never had any big issues with it. It folds up pretty easily and is not super huge for being a double stroller.

A few things that we really didn't like about the stroller was that the infant seat can only go in the front. This was a slight issue with us because that meant the two children were facing each other and sometimes our older child would touch and bother the baby. Also, we had to take the basket off completely when our older child was sitting in the seat in the back because his feet would go into the basket (making it pretty much useless) and he would kick and the basket started to rip. We were able to put the basket back on the stroller when we took the second seat off and just used it as a bench seat. The basket is still difficult to get into though. It can be difficult to steer at times when both children are sitting in it. Another issue we had was that the seats really did not recline much, so it made it hard for the kids to nap in it.

Overall, I'm glad we purchased this stroller, but there were definitely small inconveniences along the way while using it. We will continue to use this stroller in the future when needed.

It does the job

Comments about Baby Trend Deluxe Sit 'n Stand Stroller:

If you need a double stroller and want the added options of two seats, sit and stand, and being able to attach a car seat, this is the one. I found the additional seat not the easiest to reattach after it's removal and also found it to be a bit flimsy. However, I liked at least having the option of two actual seats vs just the sit and stand in the back. My older kids like the sit and stand, but you need to watch out for smaller kids who can more easily fall off, even using the straps provided. As with all double stollers, this one is heavy and not the easiest to collapse and open but it was easier than some others I have tried.

Very functional design, just wish it were lighter weight and perhaps a bit easier to open and close.

Child Comfort
If you have the second seat in there isn't a ton of room for the child's legs. The sit and stand feature is okay, but the bench isn't padded in any way.

Maneuverability
Turning corners is not the easiest.

We've used this with three kids now and it is still holding up well.

• Maneuverability:

Great stroller for when you have two.

Comments about Baby Trend Deluxe Sit 'n Stand Stroller:

I really like the stroller but it is not durable enough. I really love the design but It slowly falls apart.

The design is great. It is an incredible stroller when you have one child who refuses to sit down. This way the older child can decide to stand up or sit down when needed. It is a great stroller when you have two children.

Safety
This stroller is safe if you remember to fasten all of the proper straps. The only problem is is that it is easy to forget. Also when the older child is standing up it can be a little dangerous.

Child Comfort
The stroller is comfortable. The only problem is is that due to the two seats it is a difficult stroller for a child to sleep in.

Maneuverability
It can be difficult to maneuver. The wheels sometime do not turn just the way you like.

I love the design of this stroller but it does not hold up. I am already on the second stroller like this and have almost worn it out. The basket on the bottom easily breaks. We also tied a dog to one of the straps with in the stroller and he broke it easily. It needs to be much more durable.

I love this stroller!

Comments about Baby Trend Deluxe Sit 'n Stand Stroller:

With two small children, this stroller has been a life saver! It is really versatile for many different situations and setups. We started out with both seats fully installed, so both children could sit and nap if needed. As my children have gotten a little older, we took the back seat off and used the "bench" style setup. It allows a hop on, hop off system that is perfect for zoos and museums. It is easy to fold and go, and has lots of storage in the bottom for backpacks, snacks, and diaper bags. Also I love the two cup holders at the top and the cup holders/snack trays that can be attached to the seats.

This is such a versatile stroller! Almost everything can be taken on and off as needed, and we have done that for different needs and situations. The snack trays/cup holders, sun shades, and removable seat backs all make it very easy to personalize for your trip or situation.

Safety
It seems very safe. We have never had any safety problems, and the "parking brake" works very well.

Child Comfort
This seems like a very comfortable stroller for my two kids, particularly with the seat backs on. Both of my children have napped in this stroller many, many times.

Maneuverability
I will admit, this stroller is a little tough to maneuver, but I think most double strollers are. I think a double jogger is probably easier to handle, but this stroller simply meets our needs better.

This stroller is tough! We have taken it on subways, in and out of vans, and on many different surfaces, and it's still in great condition. It's very heavy duty and I never felt like I would break it.

• Maneuverability:

Bulky and Awkward but DOES THE JOB!

Comments about Baby Trend Deluxe Sit 'n Stand Stroller:

This stroller is very handy and if it were more compact and / or lighter, I would use it even more. I find I really only use this stroller to go for long walks with the kids or when we know there will be a lot of walking and we plan ahead to take the sit and stand. I drive a compact car and this stroller just takes up too much room to keep in my trunk and it is heavy to lift out of the trunk.

This stroller should either come put together or the engineers should have to take one home and have their spouse put it together using just the direction included. I am certain that the engineers leave out some of the steps or don't think it is necessary to include some of the information that would help. I have two friends who have this stroller and we all put it together slightly differently -- and when trying to make the strollers the same -- we can't!

Safety
As long as your child in the stand portion of the stroller has no interest in getting down, this is safe. Once your 4 year old wants to hop off... well, it gets to be less safe. We had to create safety rules for this stroller.

Child Comfort
The child in front is generally comfortable but the back section... it's not comfy. It's practical and fun but comfort is not a word I would use to describe it.

Maneuverability
I really don't have trouble maneuvering this but it is wide and a bit awkward. I guess it would be difficult to use if you needed to make tight turns.

No signs of wear and tear after almost a year of use.

• Maneuverability:

I Don't Know How I Survived Without It.

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Baby Trend Deluxe Sit 'n Stand Stroller:

The Baby Trend Deluxe Sit 'n Stand Stroller has it's ups and downs but the positives far outweigh the negatives. When we originally bought the stroller through a Craigslist ad, our two boys were one-year-old and three-years-old. Our three-year-old had long prior decided he was 'a big boy' and didn't need to sit in the 'baby stroller'. So our old double stroller mostly just collected dust. Well, half of it did! The Sit 'n Stand is different though. It has a 'big boy seat' with an option to stand while still keeping the little one safely tied down up front. Both boys love it. Two years later, the big boy walks now while his little brother stands on the stroller and their baby sister rides up front! It feels a little flimsy but weighs less than any double stroller I've ever seen. Plus it's never broken or had any issues in the two years we've owned it. The storage basket underneath is nice but I wish it was a little bigger. All little nuisances though, no major complaints at all. I would replace it with a brand new model if anything ever happened to it!

• Maneuverability:

Great stroller for a baby and an older sibling!

Comments about Baby Trend Deluxe Sit 'n Stand Stroller:

I love using this stroller with my three year old and we'll add her little sister in a few months when she is born! It's easy to push and steer, has lots of storage, and it's perfect for my older child that likes to walk but also needs a place to ride.

This stroller is great for a baby and an older child that likes to walk sometimes but still needs to have a seat in the stroller occasionally. There's a large storage basket under the front seat which comes in handy plus cupholders on the handles. I've even seen people use this with three children--one in front, one sitting on the backseat with their feet in the basket, and one standing on the platform!

Safety
The back "seat"/platform has a safety belt, but it's hard to figure out and easy for my three year old to get out of.

Child Comfort
My older child loves standing on the back platform or sitting on the seat; I haven't had my baby yet, but the seat doesn't recline very far back so I don't think I will be able to use it until the baby is a few months old.

Maneuverability
For a front and back double stroller, this stroller is so easy to push and turn!

I bought this stroller used and it's still holding up great!

Awesome double stroller!

Comments about Baby Trend Deluxe Sit 'n Stand Stroller:

I love this stroller! I use it with my 4 year old, almost 3 year old, and my 10 month old. I've had it for over 2 years and it is easily the BEST purchase I have made. My oldest loves to have the option of standing and it even holds my youngest and all of her medical equipment (she is on a home ventilator). The downside is that the older child cannot fall asleep in the back and can easily hit the break while trying to walk somewhere. I think it is lightweight, considering it is a double stroller and folds up fairly easily. The basket underneath is quite large and is easy to get to.

Safety
When I use my non-baby trend car seat with the stroller, it rests on the front just fine, but doesn't lock into position like a baby trend car seat would, so I have to be a little more careful not to tip it.

Child Comfort
The child in front is comfortable, but again the child in the back is unable to sleep if he/she wanted.

Maneuverability
It can sometimes be challenging to steer.

This stroller has been through a lot and everything still works and has not broken off.

• Maneuverability:

Great for around town, hard to travel with

from Avon, NY

Comments about Baby Trend Deluxe Sit 'n Stand Stroller:

This is a GREAT stroller for multiple children. We actually used it for three children. Easy to use, not overly heavy, but it is large. I would highly recommend it to families with babies and toddlers.

Only flaw is that it is quite bulky. Hard to fit in the trunk of a car without removing sun shade. Also cumbersome to travel on planes with, but so great for lugging stuff through the airport. I'd say it IS worth the hassle to take it along!

Because of the bench seat you can have a baby in the front part, a toddler sitting on the bench facing forward, and a toddler or preschooler standing on the standing plate.

Safety
I felt more than safe with my children in this stroller. Do be attentive to your kids. The five point harness in the front holds babies securely. The carseat attachment bar was very easy to use, and our Graco Snugride fit it perfectly.

Child Comfort
I never had any complains about comfort.

Maneuverability
Not quite as maneuverable and MacLaren or Peg Perego, but perfect for walks, getting from A-B Not easy to go through stores in the mall.

Ours held up through three children over five years and was still able to be sold after that!

I love this product!!!

Comments about Baby Trend Deluxe Sit 'n Stand Stroller:

I bought this stroller for my 2 year old daughter and 6 month old son and it works great. I can put the baby at the top and my daughter sits secure in front. Its easy to fold down and put in the car for travel. I love this product.

Different designs are availabe. I got all black but I saw others.

Bulky and hard to steer

Comments about Baby Trend Deluxe Sit 'n Stand Stroller:

I got this stroller when I had my second child as my first was only 18 months old, it was bulky and very hard to steer. If you had to turn around and go a different direction forget it! I also found that it rusted very easily and I don't leave it outside at all! It was difficult with an infant because if you put them in the back I couldn't see my toddler in the front if I put the infant in the front the toddler got antsy because they couldn't see what was going on. Also there isn't really room to put anything on this stroller, my diaper bag would get crammed underneath and either dump or I couldn't get anything! Also I expected that when I folded it up it would be a little bulky but it took up the entire back of my car and it folds very long so I had to wedge it in sideways. Not easy for one person to tackle in and out of the car.

Child Comfort
The kids were squished in to the back seat, and they couldn't see what was going on around them which made them very antsy.