Other Mascaras:

Avon Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Avon Wash Off Waterproof Mascara - used for almost 30 years!

I began using Avon Wash Off Waterproof Mascara in Black when my daughter, Lisa, began selling Avon products almost thirty years ago.  I have been using this mascara ever since.
Read complete review

Because my skin is oily, most other mascaras used in the past, ran under my eyes and I looked like a raccoon by the end of the day.  Not so with this mascara.

I have recommended Avon Wash Off Waterproof Mascara to many of my friends and they are equally as pleased with the results.  This mascara holds up and doesn't run while swimming, crying, tearing from allergies, or rubbing the eyes.

It is amazing to me how this mascara stays put until you wash it off with just soap and water and doesn't leave under-eye rings.  I dislike having to use an oily mascara remover.

The only problem I have ever had with this mascara is that it sometimes clumps on the lashes.  I believe it happens when it is time for a new tube.

This is my technique when applying Avon Wash Off Waterproof Mascara in black:

I curl my eye lashes close to the top lid with an eyelash curler.  I apply one light coat of the mascara to all my lashes.  Then, I place the eyelash curler about half way on my eyelashes and curl again.  I applly a second coat of Avon Wash Off Waterproof mascara and voila!  My eyelashes are curled, lengthened, and thick.

Thank you for reading my review.

The eyes have it, modestly w/ AVON WASH-OFF WATERPROOF MASCARA.

The REALLY BIG MASCARAS have come full circle from the late 1950s to the early 2000-tens.  Who, for goodness sake, would have believed then that a **Wash-off Waterproof Mascara** like **Avon**'s could be anything but a joke?

Take a look at my mascara models to the right.  Their eyes inspired a long-ago generation, but with far more consequences than now.

In the 1950s and 60s, a lot of us dyed our lashes with solutions from two tiny bottles -- one pink and one blue -- advertised in all the movie magazines.  As other waterproof solutions flaked into eyes making them itch or -- if you wore contacts-- shed tears, a lot of us began to experiment with partial, full, or layered (*muy* full) fake lashes.

What a headache it was to get up a half hour early before school and glue eyelashes onto sleepy lids!  A quicker alternative was the eyelash curler.  Oh-oh.  Woe unto the gal who worked too fast and accidentally chopped her eyelashes off!

Now, with something as basic as **Avon's Wash-off Waterproof Mascara**, I can achieve a lashy look for very little money.  I'm old enough to know that my bombastic lash days are far gone.  A modest amount off the **Avon **brush and an equally descriminating amount of **Avon Liner***, however,** **make my eyes look wider and (I like to think) more youthful.

How the pony-tailed and poodle skirt-ed gals would have loved this!

# # # # #

*[***www.viewpoints.com/Avon-Ultra-Luxury-Eye-Liners-review-de9a1***][1]

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Avon-Ultra-Luxury-Eye-Liners-review-de9a1

I will not be using this avon's mascara again.

Comments about Avon Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara:

I personally hated avon's wash off waterproof mascara. When I decide to buy a mascara I am looking for a couple of things. One that it will leave my eye lashes looking full and long. Second is that the mascara is reasonably price. When I had first purchaced avon's wash off waterproof mascara it was just to try something new and different. After one use I had actually hated the mascara it was too liquidy and did not leave my eye lashes looking full. Two other problems I experienced while using this mascara is that by the time the mascara did dry it left my eye lashes looking clumpy and very messy.

If you are looking for a simple mascara that will not do much besides make your eye lashes dark then i would reccomend avon's mascara other wise it is not worth the price.

Ease of Application
Easy to apply the mascara it is no different then any other mascara. This mascara in particular just takes a long time to set. So if you are in a rush to put on your make up I would not reccomend using this mascara because it will smear everytime you blink.

Darkening and pretty.

Comments about Avon Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara:

One of the best mascaras I ever had, and I feel like it's kind of underpriced. It darkens the lashes very well, lengthens them and stays on for quite a long time. Makes the eyes pop!
It is pretty hard to take off, but I suppose that's the point of a waterproof mascara. Better than some bigger brands, easy and looks cute. Would recommend.

Simple must have item

Comments about Avon Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara:

I like to use this mascara because it doesn't run. I tend to yawn a lot so my eye's water a lot. If I do not have waterproof mascara I look like a hideous mess. I prefer to keep this on hand for good touch ups too. The price may vary so I wait until it is on sale to stock up from my avon lady. It doesn't have the dramatic pop of the others that avon has to offer, but I like this simple mascara for my everyday eyes.

No raccoon eyes!

Comments about Avon Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara:

Usually during allergy season, my eyes tend to water so my mascaras always run down and I end up looking like a raccoon. However, when I bought the Avon Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara, the mascara really did a great job and it didn't run at all despite my eyes watering. Even if I rubbed or scratched my eyes, the mascara would stay on.

Avon Waterproof Mascara

Comments about Avon Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara:

I rate this product on top because it covers lashes and adds the extra density that lashes needs. Avon Waterproof Mascara goes on smooth and not lumpy. It dries fast. It does not smear easily and it washes off easy. It gives the eyes just the extra touch that they need to make ones appearance look much better.

The mascara does exactly what I need it to do. I look a whole lot better. My small eyes look larger and my lashes appear thicker. The small tube last a long time and I do not need to use it more than once a day. It doesn't run or smell strong and I really love the smooth feel of it. If it accidentally got into the eye, it does not harm the eye or burn.

Ease of Application
The easier brush makes applications easy and fast. The curved brush allows every lash to be covered. Because the mascara is just the right texture, the mascara feels like a persons real eyelashes. It doesn't feel heavy like it would if a person were wearing fake lashes.

Waterproof is right

Comments about Avon Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara:

I was pretty impressed with this mascara. For me, it is not an every day item. It does not add as much volume to my lashes as I would like. But then again, that might just be how I am applying the product. I am a big fan of Avon products and cosmetics so I decided to purchase this waterproof mascara. It really is water proof! When you put on as much as I do, it takes a lot of scrubbing with makeup remover or soap to get it off. It irritates my eyes to scrub like that, plus I usually end up getting soap or make up remover in my eyes and it burrrrns! I do not recommend this for every day wear whatsoever. I do however recommend it if you are going to be spending the day at the water park, or canoeing, or tubing at the lake, or heck even pretty much anywhere you will be sweating quite a bit. It doesn't run off when you get wet or sweaty. That is the really nice thing about this product. You have to be really careful how you apply it though because it will dry and you wont be able to brush through it to achieve the look you want. You have to make sure you get it right the first time or else you'll be scraping it off your lashes to avoid messing up your other makeup or you will just be stuck with funky semi-permanent makeup that day.

• Ease of Application:

Great to use in the Summertime!

Comments about Avon Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara:

I buy waterproof mascara from Avon during the summertime. I like to buy it around summertime because I do a lot of swimming and sweating. Avon waterproof mascara stays on all day and doesn't drip or smudge when I swim or sweat during the summer. I absolutely love it!

• Ease of Application:

Avon Waterproof Mascara Only Comes Off If You Want It to!

Comments about Avon Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara:

I am very picky about the mascara I wear, and I have never liked wearing waterproof mascara, but Avon waterproof mascara has won me over!

I have very blonde eyelashes, so my mascara is very important to me because my eyes look abnormally small without it. I wear mascara even when I go swimming or exercising. I used to wear my normal mascara during these moments, but I hated stepping out of the swimming pool looking like a raccoon with the black mascara eyes under my eyes. I was given a tube of this mascara for my birthday and decided to give it a try. I feel like the mascara doesn't flake off or even smear off no matter how much it gets wet.

I feel like the mascara goes on really easily. The brush is soft and the mascara itself isn't too wet. I've had the problem before with waterproof mascaras that they are too wet when being applied, so then it smears on your eyelid, and you really have to work to get it off. By that point, you have to start your whole makeup regimen all over.

I do like how easy this mascara is to remove when you choose to take it off. I just use Vaseline or other eye makeup remover to take it off and it comes right off.

Not amazing

Comments about Avon Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara:

This definitely is not my favourite mascara, and at the price you are paying, I think you can get a higher quality mascara (in my opinion). While I do like the look of this mascara on my lashes, I found that it was kind of went on dry, which is great to prevent clumping, however I didn't like the texture and feel on my lashes. I also noticed it would occasionally flake off during the day, as if the mascara hadn't really adhered to my lashes. The smell is okay at first, however I did notice that the smell turned odourous well before other mascaras would. I don't feel like there was a lot of actual mascara product in the tube. On the positive side, I do like the shape of the bristles on the wand and the length of the want itself. I would purchase this again only if was on sale (like half price) because it does a decent job on my lashes, is easy to use, and looks good, if I reapply throughout the day.

stays on, gently

from Lilburn, GA

Comments about Avon Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara:

This is the only waterproof mascara that I have been able to wear with contact lenses, and not have my eyes get irritated. I used to sell Avon 34 years ago and that is when it first came out- I think. Any way I have used it for years and years. It stays on- no raccoon eyes- but washes off easily also