Other Mascaras:

Avon SuperSHOCK Mascara

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

A Mascara That Works as Promised - Shocking!

If **Avon** had a gun to its head and could choose only one mascara product to sell, they would be foolish to choose anything other than **SuperShock Mascara**.  In my opinion, this inexpensive tube of mascara is the cream of Avon's mascara crop.  **SuperShock** mascara is one of those rare products that actually deliver what its advertising campaigns promise.  The mascara is housed in a larger-than-life tube, which contains the largest mascara wand I've ever used.  The applicator is made of a molded, teal plastic that combs and separates the lashes as it applies a smooth, even layer of micro-fiber enhanced mascara.  Because the wand is super-sized, it was a little trickier than usual to apply the product to my bottom lashes.  Still, with a little practice I now find it easier to work with than I did the first time I tried.

The formula itself is smooth, without annoying clumps clogging up the applicator brush.  I made it through the day (into night) without any smudging, flaking, or eye irritation.  My lashes looked both longer and fuller, and you can build up the coats for even more drama.  The color I use is *"Brown/Black"* and it works to add depth and definition to my lashes without harshness.  The only thing that would make this mascara even more fantastic is if they come up with an equally admirable waterproof version.

For daily wear, I have been happy with my CoverGirl Lash Exact mascara.  However, **Avon's SuperShock Mascara** may be the best inexpensive mascara I've ever had in my makeup bag.

Avon SuperSHOCK is probably the worst mascara ever!

I recently placed an order with an Avon lady and bought several different mascaras because they were on sale and I'm a sucker for trying new mascara.  I was disappointed with one of the others I bought, [Avon Astonishing Mascara][1] .  There was nothing *astonishing *about it, but this one is even worse!

**Avon SuperSHOCK Mascara **is supposed to provide "extreme volume", and Avon says it can give you up to 12 times more volume.  Am I using the same mascara as everyone else that reviewed this, because I didn't experience ANY positive benefits!

The brush is quite large, which I didn't mind, but I didn't like that the bristles go over your lashes instead of through them.  It's not optimal for lift, length or separation.  I also didn't like the way this mascara coats my lashes and the way it makes them look afterwards.  First of all, you can only apply one coat of this mascara.  Any more than that and your lashes will stick together in a hot mess.  It provides a tiny bit of length, but I didn't experience any volume at all.  It also didn't separate or define my lashes.  The worst part of this mascara is the way it leaves my lashes looking.  They look dry, brittle and spidery.  Not full, lush, long or healthy at all.

I cannot recommend **Avon SuperSHOCK Mascara **at all.  It's definitely one of the worst mascaras I've ever used if it isn't actually the worst of them all.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Avon-Astonishing-Mascara-review-4ea814

As much as I love Avon, this mascara didn't do well 4 my lashes.

Comments about Avon SuperSHOCK Mascara:

When I purchased my Avon SuperSHOCK mascara in Black, I was expecting to have it work out like the magazine image promised. I have decent lashes when they are naked: long, spaced perfectly, and not too thick. The only thing about my naked lashes that I don't care for is that they are a light brown. The purpose of using mascara is to darken them, and possibly lengthen them. It didn't coat my lashes well without applying it over and over and over again, using up the cake in the tube. I give it a 5 only because it is an AVON product, and I have never had an issue with any of their make-up before except for mascaras.

No lengthening, no separating, no real darkening, and definitely NO SUPERshock appearance. It does NOT cake, though, which is why it gets the 5. It does not separate the lashes well to get the SHOCK-ing effect you would be expecting, or believing from the magazine image. It is light on the lashes, so there is no weighty sensation that some mascaras may cause. I was just hoping that it would have to look the name of the product claims.

Ease of Application
The brush is easy to use, but, again, it takes multiple...wait...MULTIPLE applications for the look you want and hope that after the fourth or fifth time of brushing it on there isn't any clumps forming on the tips of the lashes or caking between the lashes to give that over-doing-it look and then have to take a safety pin or a lash comb to clear it up.

Leaves my eyelashes full

Comments about Avon SuperSHOCK Mascara:

I buy super shock mascara in black and this leaves my eyelashes big and full. It makes my eyelashes stand out. Also, I like the fact that it stays on all day without fading.

A few layers of super shock and my eyes are looking full and beautiful

Ease of Application
Very easy to use and I love the big wand brush.

• Ease of Application:

I use it when going out at night!!

Comments about Avon SuperSHOCK Mascara:

I like to use this mascara at night. It's dark, and voluminous! I love the brush because it provides extra volume with the hassle of false lashes.

This mascara is perfect for volume which I love. I love big black lashes. The brush isn't too big or too small it fits alright.

Ease of Application
This mascara is a bit wet but it does work! It doesn't stay on for too long but it works well!

Lashy

Comments about Avon SuperSHOCK Mascara:

Makes my lashes look longer, fuller and doesn't clump. It works better than the Sephoria mascara that I bought and it's a lot cheaper. I use the waterproof black kind.

Stays on all day. It does not smudge.

Ease of Application
Goes on well, I do wish there was a smaller brush to come with it for those hard to reach lashes. The only problem I've had is accidently getting myself in the eye with the applicator due to misjudging the size of the applicator.

Ended up a sticky mess

Comments about Avon SuperSHOCK Mascara:

I wanted to like this because the price was great but honestly I had too many issues with it.
First it was too sticky putting it on; I ended up with clumps and lashes stuck together with the first coat, then straightened it out some and with the second coat it did the same thing. It took too long to dry and I made the mistake of falling asleep before I washed this off so my eyelashes were a sticky mess when I woke up and I had to wash my face before I could get them apart.

Flaked when it was dry, sticky when it was wet; and by the end of the day it was leaving little flecks of black on my cheeks most of the day. I had to scrub it off too because it stuck to my lashes too well in spite of being flaky.

Ease of Application
I had to fight the clumps on this one, curled my lashes and even then it was hard not end up with a mess. The brush itself needed bristles just a little longer because I had to really press it into my lashes more than normal to get full coverage and my lashes are short.

• Ease of Application:

Avon's SuperShock Mascara Is My Favorite Mascara Ever!

Comments about Avon SuperSHOCK Mascara:

I am generally very picky about my mascara and Avon's SuperShock Max has everything I like. I love a brush that is soft that can comb through lashes without scratching the edge of my eyelid while applying it. I also like a formula that is wet enough to be applied easily, but not wet enough to to smear all over the rest of my makeup after it has already been applied. I love that I can put my eye shadow and eye liner on before my mascara and not have to worry about it. I also really like how this formula of mascara thickens my lashes and makes them look longer and plumper than normal.

I prefer to curl my lashes before applying mascara because I find that the eyelash curler sticks and rips out my eyelashes when I curl them with mascara on, but curling after applying with this mascara isn't that bad. The eyelash curler doesn't get stuck or rip out my eyelashes.

One of my favorite things about this mascara is that it doesn't flake off or smear during the day. I never have mascara underneath my eyes at the end of the day- it's great not having to worry about the performance of the mascara!

• Ease of Application:

Good mascara for the price!

Comments about Avon SuperSHOCK Mascara:

I enjoyed this product. I have tried a lot of Avon's mascaras (can't beat the prices), and this was one of my favorites. The wand has a lot of very fine strands packed pretty densely, which allows for a va-va-voom factor. Just be careful not to overdo it! Also, I definitely would use this mascara more for volume rather than length, and I frequently paired this with a different mascara if I needed a little bit of both.
I never had any trouble with flaking or running while wearing this mascara, and clumps were not bad and were easily fixed. I had this in black and enjoyed it, especially since their mascaras are inexpensive and frequently on sale. I would recommend this for someone who needs volume at a low price.

This is one of the better mascaras I've used. No clumps, flaking, or running, and didn't irritate my eyes.

Ease of Application
This has a nice wand, and as long as you aren't going crazy with it, it covers eyelashes pretty easily.

my favorite mascara

from Laramie, WY

Comments about Avon SuperSHOCK Mascara:

I love this mascara. It has a great large brush that glides right on my lashes and does not goop or make a mess. The delivery system is great with the wide and fat brush and the grip is perfect. I only use this mascara now after years of other brands, this is the one for me

Its not my favorite

Comments about Avon SuperSHOCK Mascara:

I've tried several mascaras from Avon and some are better than others this is no better than others but it works for someone wanting to make their eyes pop. I don't recall if this one is waterproof,but it worked okay for me. No clumping which is a good thing.

The only one I buy.

from Anderson, CA

Comments about Avon SuperSHOCK Mascara:

This mascara works great. If you have an Avon rep in your area you can always get these buy one get one free or a similar sale. I never pay full price. Works great, no clumps, beautiful lashes and no need to spend more money anywhere else.