Other Hair Conditioners:

Avon Planet Spa - Palm Desert Rose Oil Hair Elixir

Avon Left My Hair As Parched as a Palm Desert

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about Avon Planet Spa - Palm Desert Rose Oil Hair Elixir:

As long as I can remember, I've had mixed results with hot oil treatments. They feel great during the process, but in the end, they tend not to make much of a difference in the quality of my hair.

This hair elixir is a 2-ounce hot oil pre-treatment for all hair types. Supposedly, "this rebalancing elixir re-moisturizes and conditions hair, leaving it silky soft, shiny and manageable," but my experience didn't come close to the promise.

I put the small plastic bottle into a cup of very hot water for the prescribed 60 seconds. Next, I poured about a tablespoon of the oil into my hand and massaged it in thoroughly. The texture is oily (of course) but not super greasy. I'm guessing there are other ingredients in the product that keep it feeling lightweight. I made sure that every strand was well-coated. The directions said to leave the oil in my hair for one minute; then rinse, shampoo and condition as usual.

Unfortunately, I didn't gain anything from this added step in my hair care routine. If anything, my hair felt a little rougher and a tiny bit drier. It may be that this product works better on a different hair type, but I will not use it again.

I'm a fan of Avon's Planet Spa Desert Rose Facial Cleanser and enjoy the soft, pleasant scent. This Planet Spa Hair Elixir has the same soothing aroma, but it's not wonderful enough for me to try this product again.