3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Good to use for morning, but doesn't do much.

I wanted a gentle cleanser for my acne-prone skin. This type of foaming cleanser (texture and gentle smell) is what I was looking for. I also bought this because it claimed to control my break-outs, but I don't know what I was expecting; the salycic acid is 0.5% I believe, which is extremely low compared to other acne medicine. I understood that this is a daily cleanser, so it shouldn't have a high content; but it does nothing at all for my acne.

It cleans oil pretty well, but it cannot get rid of any type of waterproof liner. I would still end up with panda eyes going to bed if I relied solely on this wash. It still dries out my skin though! So it's at a balance between: too weak to wash makeup and too harsh that i dries out my skin.

I do love the way it feels on my skin though. It comes out as foam and it feels extremely soft to use, so I was a bit surprised that it left my skin dry. I'd only recommend this if you have fairy normal skin and plan to use it in the morning.

PRO
- Gets rid of oil

CON
- Doesn't get rid of makeup
- Doesn't help my acne or breakouts
- Dries out my skin

Ease of Application
It feels extremely nice to use since it is a foaming cleanser.

Light scent but it's nothing special. Aveeno doesn't have much strong or distinct scents to begin with.

Aveeno's ungreatest if such a word existed

underwhelmed, much?it takes four pumps of this stuff on my face brush to get my makeup (usually either revlon colorstay active, regular colorstay, mac studio fix or estee lauder double wear) off. even then, swiping my face with witch hazel dabbed cotton ball shows me not all my makeup has been removed.this also did nothing for the quality of my skin with daily use for several weeks. it didn't do anything for my sweetie's skin either.additionally, the pump gets stuck almost every time. we have to pull it out in order to press it back down again. that's completely irritating when we're in a rush in the morning to get ready.for the price--and i bought it on sale at about 20-25% off--i find neutrogena's oil free acne wash a better deal and more effective cleanser. in fact, the sweets and i can take nearly a year to use up a whole bottle of neutrogena OFAW whereas we're only on month four of using this aveeno product and we've got maybe 2/5 of the bottle left.won't ever buy again

Good to use for morning, but doesn't do much.

Comments about Aveeno Facial Cleanser:

PRO
- Gets rid of oil

CON
- Doesn't get rid of makeup
- Doesn't help my acne or breakouts
- Dries out my skin

Ease of Application
It feels extremely nice to use since it is a foaming cleanser.

• Ease of Application:

Aveeno facial cleanser nice and simple

from Vancouver WA

Comments about Aveeno Facial Cleanser:

This facial cleanser is a part of my daily routine. It keeps my face feeling clean without drying it out and helps to control breakouts. I like that it's easy to use and more natural than some of the other face washes I have tried in the past.

I have sensitive skin and when I switch facial cleansers I tend to breakout. When I tried Aveeno for the first time I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't cause me to breakout or cause my skin to get dry and flaky like some of the other brands I have tried. It's a nice light face wash that I can use every day to keep clean and to prevent blemishes.

Ease of Application
Aveeno facial cleanser if very easy to use. The instructions are on the bottle but really anyone who has washed their face would know how to use it. It's not sticky or grainy and very easy to apply and to wash off. I love that it doesn't leave a build up and that my skin feels clean and dry when I'm finished.

This facial wash has a nice scent that smells more natural than some of the other soapy facial cleansers. It's not really strong or overpowering and doesn't have that chemical smell that would leave you wondering what you just put on your face.

• Ease of Application:

Works well enough, not spectacular.

Comments about Aveeno Facial Cleanser:

I really love Aveeno in general, but I wasn't super thrilled with the Aveeno Clear Complexion Facial Cleanser. It worked well enough, but there are cheaper products out there that work as well or better. Overall, I would say use it if you really like Aveeno products.

I began using this product when I had some minor breakouts on my face. It didn't clear them up completely, but it did reduce the inflammation and reduced the duration of the breakout somewhat. It also made my skin a little dry and tight, but that is to be expected with any product for clearing the complexion.

Ease of Application
This cleanser lathers well, and the pump doesn't dispense too much at one time, which can be a problem sometimes. It also rinses cleanly, but it did make me feel dry and a little rough at times. I couldn't use it every day.

The scent is nice and light, like most Aveeno products. It is not overpowering at all.

Not my favorite

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Aveeno Facial Cleanser:

I tried this facial cream when my skin started breaking out and I wanted something for sensitive skin. I trust Aveeno products to not irritate the skin, and since my face was already irritated from acne, I thought this would work to calm it down. I did not see much of a difference in the acne. It did not cause any skin to break out anymore and it did not cause any additional irritation, but I did not see any help with clearing up my acne, or calming it down. This product is okay, not the best for acne skin. I would say it would work better for regular skin, not problem skin. I am a fan of Aveeno products, I think this just wasn't the product I needed for my acne problem,

This product gave my skin a good clean feel, but did not help much with oiliness or acne problems.

Ease of Application
It was very easy to use, and it gave a good lather when I put it on my face.

This product doesn't have much of a scent, which is why I love Aveeno products.

• Ease of Application:

A great and gentle cleanser

from Stanton, CA

Comments about Aveeno Facial Cleanser:

I am a fan of this Aveeno facial cleanser. It is definitely a milder one, but I can definitely tell that my face is much cleaner after using it. I use this when I am not in need of a tougher cleanser when my face is breaking out. This is for when I am having "good skin days" and all I need is a good clean and smooth skin. I think that it also keeps my skin clearer than it normally would be. I am a believer in all things Aveeno, and this face soap only makes that feeling stronger. I am happy to have this one in my morning rountine!

This Aveeno cleanser really helps to clean my skin all the way down to my pores. My skin feels so much softer after having used it. Typical of Aveeno and its brand as a whole.

Ease of Application
I love a foaming soap! It is so much easier than a normal facial soap. No need for extra water to water the formula down. And much less time spent overall.

Aveeno makes all of their products with such great, clean scents. I love it!

• Ease of Application:

Great for acne prone sensitive skin

Comments about Aveeno Facial Cleanser:

I have struggled with acne all my life and have never found a product that can completely clear my breakouts, but this product keeps it more under control than the hundreds of others I have tried without overdrying my skin. My skin feels very clean and smooth right after I use this product. Seeing results of reduced acne might take a few days.

It gets rid of all oils and dirt on the skin without stripping the skin of all moisture. Skin feels completely clean and refreshed right away.

Ease of Application
Foams always are the easiest way to apply. Just pump the foam straight into you hands and rub on your face. There is no need to scrub hard or use anything but your hands to rub it in. You can feel it working immediately.

There is no strong perfumes so if you have any major issues with strong perfumes this is great for you. I feel like strong perfumes in cleansers irritate this skin more.

Aveeno's ungreatest if such a word existed

from Brooklyn, NY

Aveeno Wins

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Aveeno Facial Cleanser:

I've been using Aveeno Facial Cleanser for over 5 years and it is a amazing product :) It does'nt take much to clean the face and it cleans deeper than gel based products with out harsh chemicals. The cleanser comes out as a foam and rinses right off without any residue. It also has a very nice aloe smell that is'nt strong. I've never had any problems with usng this. If I ever had a small blemish, Aveeno would usually take care of it within a few days. I should also note it comes in a scented and non scented formula. I have sensitive skin, and both seem to work well, though I prefer the scented kind (green top). I would never use anything else to clean my face.

Aveeno has my favorite facial cleansers

from Steubenville, OH

Comments about Aveeno Facial Cleanser:

Aveeno Clear Complexion and Aveeno Calming foaming facial cleansers are absolutely my favorite.  They aren't the cheapest, but they are well worth what you pay for them.

Because they are foaming cleansers, they do not clog pores.  Your skin is left clean and without residue.  It gets the job done- removes makeup, dirt & oil, without any bad side effects.  These products are very gentle, and great for any skin type.  Oily skin?  There is NO residue!  Dry skin?  The formula is so gentle is does not dry your skin.  These products are great for sensitive skin!

These cleansers work great for both morning and night time face washing.  I am currently using Clean & Clear Morning Burst for my morning face wash, but in my opinion it does not compare to these Aveeno foaming cleansers.  Once my Clean & Clear is used up, I am going back to my Aveeno!

The ONLY thing I can think of that people may not like about these cleansers, is that they do not exfoliate.  I don't find it to be a problem, and just use a seperate exfoliator a few times a week.

Aveeno Facial Cleanser is gentle and effective.

from Sylvania, OH

Comments about Aveeno Facial Cleanser:

After searching for acne treatments that did not feel like they were scorching my face and trying many different products, I found aveeno facial cleanser. Most of the proucts I have tried were harsh and abrasive but not effective, however, this facial cleanser feels like a gentle foam along with having a feeling like it is really cleaning out your pores.  I feel refreshed after using this product and don't go a day without it.