Other Baby Shampoo & Body Washes:

Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture - Good but leaves me wanting more

Since my kids are still pretty little, I was excited to be invited to a Bzz Agent campaign for Aveeno Baby. In my Bzz Agent kit cam a full size bottle of the Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture Shampoo as well as several other goodies to share with friends. One of my favorite aspects of this shampoo is that it doesn’t contain some of the harsh chemicals that other baby products have, and generally Aveeno is a mid-range product when it comes to price as well.

The Aveeno brand is known for being more natural, using natural wheat and oat essences to help provide moisture. The Essential Moisture Shampoo is designed to be a 2-in-1 formula to both cleanse and condition/moisturize hair. It also claims to be tear-free, which is a plus in our house. The shampoo itself comes in a regular squeeze bottle with a pop cap which makes dispensing easy. As a thin creamy white shampoo the shampoo runs out easily but lathers well and rinses easily (as it claims).

As a baby shampoo, the Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture cleanses well and is gentle on their skin. This has also not caused any burning eyes for either of my guys. My oldest actually requests to use the “white” shampoo instead of some of the others we have.

The shampoo itself actually works pretty well in the smoothing aspect. As different as my boys are in personality they are different in hair as well. One with thick, course, dark hair and one with baby fine light hair. I must use something smoothing/conditioning for the little guy so his fine hair doesn’t dry out and get out of control. Our Aveeno Shampoo has been very good to his hair so far and we’ve been using it for several weeks now.

Now the key feature to this Aveeno Baby Shampoo is of course the Essential Moisture. During this cold time of year, anything moisturizing is beneficial. I do try to bathe my guys every night if possible in order to keep them on routine. I can feel slight conditioning on my own hands after washing them but I can definitely say that it has not affected their skin very much. Just tonight I actually had to use lotion on the little one since his skin was feeling really dry.

There is a slight scent to the shampoo that I really can’t place – slightly flowery, but not overwhelming. The scent does not last after bath time so this isn’t a problem for my boys but it’s not something I would regularly pick out.

It's a decent baby shampoo, but I'm not sure I would buy it.

As a member of BzzAgent, I receive free products in exchange for my honest opinion of a product.  The latest campaign I have been a part of is **Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture Shampoo.  **Although I do like it because it doesn't contain parabens or petroleum, I think the shampoo is just okay.

The bottle says that **Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture Shampoo:**

- Is tear-free and allergy tested

- Cleanses and conditions hair

- Contains wheat, oat and Vitamin E

I usually prefer a scented baby shampoo because I like my son's hair to smell clean and fresh after a bath, but the scent in this product seems a little floral or something, I just don't like it.  The consistency of this shampoo is thin and creamy.  It lathers nicely and rinses off easily too.  It does leave his hair a little flat compared to other baby shampoos I have used on my son.

It meets my expectations in the fact that it is free of parabens and petroleum, but for some reason, this product is just average.  I do like that it contains wheat, oats and Vitamin E, since those are great ingredients for a baby product, but I just don't think I would buy this product.  If they came out with a different scent, I would be much more likely to purchase it.

Works well

Comments about Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture Shampoo:

When my son was born I received a lot of Johnson's baby products. I felt they were ok, but was looking for something a little better. I began using Aveeno products myself and saw that they had a baby line so I bought some for my son. I think the shampoo has a really nice lather and you don't have to use a whole lot to get a lather. I felt that I was having to use a lot more shampoo with other products. It was also very gentle and had a light scent to it, not overbearing at all. When my twin girls were born, I continued using the Aveeno products. They are now three and half years old. The only complaint I would have is now that their hair is longer it's not working quite as well. I feel like I need to have some type of conditioner as well. It gets tangled at times and I have to use a separate product to smooth out their hair. Overall I think it's a great and safe product for babies and I only buy Aveeno for my friends and families babies.

Smooth on scalp

Comments about Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture Shampoo:

I like this baby shampoo a lot because it is very gentle and creamy. It does not hurt my little ones head. This Aveeno baby essential moisture shampoo is great because it does not dry their little scalps or their thin fresh baby hair out. This shampoo comes out very creamy and does not hurt their head, like some other shampoos. It is a lot softer than other shampoos. This shampoo has extra moisture in it to help keep your baby's head and hair full of smoothness, moisture, and shine, which is great because then you do not have to put any extra lotions on their head that could irritate them. I like this shampoo a lot because there is nothing extra in it, like dyes, scents, etc. that could hurt or irritate your babies head. I recommend this to people who have babies with sensitive skin, for this reason. I like the scent of this product because it is not harsh or strong, it is very light and neutral so it should not irritate your babies nose.

More of a head wash for my hairless baby.

Comments about Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture Shampoo:

I really don't know what the creators of this shampoo was thinking. Babies don't really have hair, so what's the point of having a shampoo? I got this Aveeno baby shampoo as a part of my baby shower gifts and have been using it the clean the small amounts of hair that my baby has. My boy was born pretty much bald, so at first the thought of getting a shampoo for him was absurd. When I used it on him, it was more of a head wash since there was more scalp showing than there was hair. There were no side effects of using this shampoo. My babies hair didn't grow any faster, but he also didn't seem to be allergic and get itchy from this. One night, I tried to use it on my own hair, but that turned out bad. Since this is formulated for babies, it is very gentle and way to gentle for my oily hair type. This would have been a good product if my baby had more hair, but even so, most baby washes are 2 in one for both body and hair.

Great product and smells great too

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture Shampoo:

A great product. they only thing they could do to make it better is lower the price. it doesnt burn your kids eyes when you wash their hair and the shampoo does get a good lather so you dont really need to use too much when washing their hair.

Great product

Comments about Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture Shampoo:

This shapoo is usually a little pricey for my budget. I received a gift set for my sons baby shower and they lasted him almost a year and a half. This shampoo leaves babys' hair selling clean and silky smoth. The only this I do not like is that it doesnt really release suds. I like to see bubbles on my soap. But overall a good quality product

Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture - Good but leaves me wanting more

from Lansing, MI

Comments about Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture Shampoo:

Great moisturizing shampoo for baby!

from Waukesha, WI

Comments about Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture Shampoo:

I love this Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture Shampoo and would recommend it to anyone, especially if your child suffers from an itchy, dry scalp. My daughter had a really dry and flaky scalp and the Johnson's baby shampoo I was using wasn't helpign or maybe even making it worse. I switched to aveeno baby essential moisture shampoo and the flakes and dryness disappered! She has fine/thin hair and this creamy shampoo gets it cleam without weighing it down.

Pros:o it has a really nice light scent, it is not too over-powering!o the shampoo lathers really good and rinses out easily.o it is tear-free (a must for baby/toddler shampoos).o Shampoo is creamy and not too runny or thin.o Great mositurizer - this shampoo is a must if your child has a dry scalp, especially in the dry winter months.o Leaves my daughter's hair smooth, soft and shiny!

Cons:o the only con I can think of is I wish it came in a bigger bottle.

Aveeno for baby

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture Shampoo:

My sisters baby has to use this product. He is very sensative. Aveeno helps to sooth his skin so he does not break out. It is hard for babies. I saw him one morning bright red and in some places looked scrad. He is just a baby and he itched and didn't know what to do. After putting this on him he was just fine and happy.

Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture Shampoo is wonderful!

from Rochester, MN

Comments about Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture Shampoo:

I decided to give Aveeno Baby essential moisture shampoo a try after my son's cradle cap just wouldn't go away, despite trying everything I could possibly find for it.  I had great success with other Aveeno baby products, and am a big fan of the adult products, too, so I figured it was worth a shot.  The first thing I noticed was how great it smelled.  I love the light fragrance, and how it's quite gender-neutral.  When I lathered up my son's hair, I loved how light the shampoo was.  It rinsed out so quickly, even from his surprisingly thick baby hair, and was definitely tear-free.  His hair, which tended to snarl up before using this, is now easy to comb through and manage, and has stayed snarl-free.  After some use, his cradle cap did go away, could be a result of using the product or just from age and care.  It's hard to say for sure, but I can definitely say that I will continue using this shampoo for quite some time simply because I love the results of it!

Works well

from Denver, CO

Comments about Aveeno Baby Essential Moisture Shampoo:

We used this for our daughter.  She had severe cradle cap and all the other shampoos kept drying up her scalp making it itchy and the cradle cap worse.  We switched to this one and she has been so happy and hair and head smell good instead of that sticky I was just born odor.  She smells so fresh and clean when she gets out of the bath and best of all she doesn't itch her head and now that is making her cradle cap clear up.  And that makes me super happy.  This is a good value.  IT isn't over priced like many of the baby things are.  I love Aveeno products.  They are good quality for a very affordable price and when you have two fo them, we go through a lot of product hence needing the great price.  It works well for my newborn but also my toddler so we like that alot.  It's easier to buy for the both of them in one shot then run all over the store looking for seperate products.