Other Shampoos:
Aveda Shampure Shampoo

Aveda Shampure Shampoo

Pros

Cons

The best everyday shampoo out there

Stylists always say not to shampoo your hair every day, and in an ideal world where sweating didn't happen, I could probably go for this, but unfortunately I give my hair a good shampoo every morning. My mom is a cosmetologist and she has thrown TONS of products at me to try, but I always go back to Shampure for my everyday needs. Its protein rich, which is great for your hair, and doesn't leave any messy buildup. It is the ONLY Aveda product I use, so I am not a Aveda-head who pushes the delicious smelly product line on others.

I have lots of hair, but my strands are quite thin. I stay away from products that weigh my hair down so I don't get the stringy greasy look - and this shampoo is perfect for it. I match it with a Aquage's Equalizing Detangler and do a weekly deep condition.

If you have dry and brittle hair its good to alternate a protein rich shampoo like Shampure with something thats moisturizing. I suggest Kenra's moisturizing shampoo.

I admit I am a snob, because I stay away from drug store shampoos. I can't offer a good comparison of this product for people who are trying to make their first dive into a salon brand, but I have found drugstore shampoos like Fructise/Pantene to have obnoxious scents and leave a lot of buildup on my hair. I much prefer the clean notes of the Shampure shampoo and

If you are socially conscious, be happy to know Aveda is a part of the Estee Lauder product line and they make a commitment to recycling their bottles - over 80% of the plastic in their bottles come from post-cosnumer recycled products.

Dried my hair out

I tried Aveda's shampure shampoo and conditioner on my normal color treated hair. It made my hair feel very clean but left it very dry. Even after conditioning I could hardly get a comb through it (my hair is shoulder length) I switched to the dry repair from Aveda which has since make my hair smooth and shiny and back to norman again. I think this product would be best used on people with fine hair, men or children as it did not sting my sons eyes when I used it on him. The smell of this shampoo is very mild.

Pure cleanliness

Comments about Aveda Shampure Shampoo:

I love Shampure. It makes ma hair & scalp feel completely clean. It has a light pleasant aroma that is very "aromatherapy" infused for relaxation. Not many shampoos can claim they help you unwind!

My hair & scalp feel squeaky clean after using this product.

Light aromatherapy scent during use,modes not remain overpowering after you leave the shower. Nice, fresh scent.

Love the smell, not the result.

Comments about Aveda Shampure Shampoo:

I used this product and the scent is amazing, however I felt that it stripped my hair of all moisture( I have normal to oily hair) and made it feel very straw like. It took quite a few deep conditioning treatments to get my natural hair texture back.I ended up using the remaining shampoo as a lightly scented bubble bath, which I like and would buy solely for that purpose, so much more than the shampoo itself. If you are looking for a product to remove buildup once in a while this would be perfect for that, but otherwise you will want to buy the conditioner as well.

It definitely cleans your hair well. If you are going to use it daily I personally think a separate conditioner would be almost a requirement.

Love it!! It is so light and earthy. It doesn't have that chemical smell that many shampoos have. I think it smells like a forest after a refreshing rain. It is a refreshing way to start or end a busy day.

Classic clean, gentle, and best smell

Comments about Aveda Shampure Shampoo:

This is a shampoo that I keep coming back to time and time again. Since it's a little more expensive, I often finish a bottle and then go for a long time without buying it. But I always find myself coming back to it. The smell is a wonderful botanical blend that makes the shower feel like a spa. The shampoo itself delivers a nice, gentle clean doesn't leave any residue on your hair. It would be difficult to improve this shampoo, and I think it will be a classic for many years. It's a less costly item in the Aveda line, but still more expensive than many drugstore shampoos. It's a nice treat once in a while. I only wish the smell lasted longer, but then it might be overpowering. It also might be nice if Aveda came out with a shampure line that addressed different hair types such as dry, oil, etc.

A nice, gentle clean with no build-up.

I love the smell and only wish it lasted longer. It is at its most fragrant when you are shampooing your hair, but dissipates soon after.

Aveda Shampure by Aveda Review

Comments about Aveda Shampure Shampoo:

I enjoyed this shampoo. It did clean my hair and it smelled good. It had a soft scent. The bottle was a decent sized bottle. I would recommend it if I had a coupon or gift card. The price was a little more than I normally pay for shampoo and the store that I purchased it from no longer exists so I would have to drive further too get another bottle. I enjoyed going to the Aveda store (before it closed) to go get my purchases. Many of their products are just as great as this one.

The shampoo was very effective. It cleaned my hair and I did not have to use a lot of product. It did not feel as if was stripping my hair. It did leave it soft and smelling nice. It did not aggravate my scalp and did not cause any itching or redness on my scalp. It lathered well. There were not a lot of suds but enough to do the job.

The scent was a nice, fresh scent that was not offensive in any way. It was a minty smell that lasts a long time.

wonderful shampoo

Comments about Aveda Shampure Shampoo:

I have tried many shampoos to add volmue to my flat, thin, straight hair, and after trying out both expensive brands (bumble and bumble, kiehls, keratease) and low price brands ( tresemme, herbal esscences, suave) Aveda came out on top.
I have tried the color conserve shampoo and the pure abundance and loved them both so when i saw shampure i knew that it would also be a great product.
I have color treated hair, so my hair is often dry and damaged, but it also gets greasy after a day of not washing, so i was looking for a shampoo that would be gentle enough for everyday use but also strong enough to give a good clean.

Shapure did not disappoint. It cleaned my hair without dring it out and left it feeling soft and full. It keaves my hair so clean that i am often able to go 1 or 2 days without washing my hair.

The scent of the shampoo is also amazing. The smell fills up your bathroom and makes you feel like you are at a spa.

Great product for the price

Shampoo for the sensitive hair.

Comments about Aveda Shampure Shampoo:

I've been looking for a shampoo that can cause a breakthrough for my thick and frizzy hair and this product is by far the best shampoo I've used. After using this shampoo, my hair is left feeling healthy and full of volume. Not only does it control the frizz of my hair, it also adds a lot of body to it.

I can honestly say this will be my go to hair product for a long time because I'm completely satisfied with the results. The effects of this shampoo are the effects I've been hoping to get from other products but always come up a bit short. Aveda products are amazing and I hope to be able to try more of this brand.

Aveda shampoo is truly spectacular. The description of the product intrigued me and after one use, I was completely hooked. I strongly recommend this shampoo to everyone and especially those who have thick and frizzy hair like myself.

It fixed my frizz issue and also adds a lot of volume to my hair.

It has an amazing smell after just one use.

natural is good

Comments about Aveda Shampure Shampoo:

I like this product. it cleaned my hair without stripping it dry. I received a few complements on the scent. it felt soft and smooth after drying. due to the price I wouldn't use it for every wash.

very nice lite scent. I could smell it throughout the day but not in a overpowering way. I received a few complements.

My Favorite Shampoo!

Comments about Aveda Shampure Shampoo:

I have used many different shampoos over the years, and frankly, I still do, but my all time favorite shampoo is Aveda's Shampure. It's not in my price range anymore, and that's why I am not using it now, but I love its soft gentle cleaning. It doesn't weigh your hair down, nor does it dry it out.

Aveda Shampure has both Rosemary, for cleansing and conditioning, and Lavender, which is thought to soothe the scalp, in its ingredients.

Most good shampoos that effectively moisturize hair, eventually build up and cause you to need to change shampoos, or use a clarifying shampoo. This one is so light, it doesn't do that. It does leave your hair very clean though. It's good for most hair types, including dry hair, like mine.

Since Aveda uses aromatherapy, it's scents are always refreshing in some way. Shampure has a very mild scent. It has a nice, clean, gentle, fragrance, that reminds me of a light breeze on a warm, Spring afternoon.

Super soft hair!

Comments about Aveda Shampure Shampoo:

This shampoo is perfect for anything and anybody. I am a man and I am not afraid to admit that I use this shampoo. My wife bought it and I ran out of shampoo once and started using hers. Now I am hooked to Aveda, this is by far the best shampoo I ever used. I actually cant believe I found out this late about this shampoo. The junky man stuff I was using before this never seemed to help me out but I just kept on buying it. Aveda is way more expensive than anything Im used to, but I can tell why its so pricey. It fixed all my dryness and flakiness. My hair is so soft and flowly now, and I feel much more confident. People are actually giving me compliments on my hair for the first time In my life thanks to Aveda. The smell is unisexual, its not flowery or musky its right inbetween. I would say this smells smooth like cocoa butter and vanilla, its very soothing. I recommend this shampoo to everybody because it uses top quality ingredients that strenghten your hair and scalp.A++

I have been using Aveda Shampure for over 12 years!

from Grafton, WI

Comments about Aveda Shampure Shampoo:

I have been using Aveda Shampure Shampoo and Conditioner for over 12 years. Aveda is my go to product for hair care. I know salons will try to up-sell their hair care products while you are getting your hair cut, but I don't go to an Aveda Salon and I will always seek out Aveda products.

My hair always feels clean and well taken care of after using this product. I have naturally curly hair that is thin, so some products have weighed my hair down or some dry it out leaving my hair frizzy. I have never had these problems when using Aveda Shampure. I also like that it is a gender neutral product, meaning that my husband I can can share this product without smelling too girly or masculine. This ultimately means saved space in our shower because we share it. My husband also has naturally curly hair but it is thick, and has similar results that I had. Typically we purchase the biggest container that is sold and add the pump to help with cost savings; this will last two of us using the product about 4 months. Not the most inexpensive product but we are happy with the results it has on our hair.