3.5

As Seen On TV Shark Steam Mop

3.5

Pros

Cons

Recommending it to my clients.

I clean houses for a living. I have used all kinds of mops over the last five years. A regular mop leaves a chemical residue behind dulling the floor. The shark steam mop left them truly clean, no residue, no germs, no dirt. The floors even felt better when walked on barefooted. I also liked the fact that they dried so fast. I did not have to worry about someone slipping on a wet floor.

I have used it on linoleum, laminate, tile, hardwood with great results. The washable pads are great, although they never look clean again. The pads do not slip off the bottom of the mop at all. The mop is lightweight, and easy to push around on most floors. Tile and linoleum being the easiest. Hardwood, that is only partially poly coated presents challenges. The handles flexiblility was unnerving at first, but I quickly got past that. The water tank is small, but a non issue. Lets face it you would be stopping to wring out a regular mop more often. Also short strokes are best. Mopping only in two foot long sections produces the best steam. The power cord is shorter than a vacuum cord, but also a non issue. The unit heats in thirty seconds, no different than moving the mop bucket around on the floor.

I think I'll just use my regular cloth mop instead!

Warning: Beware of something that sounds "too good to be true!" Seeing the television ad for the Shark Steam Mop, the only thing that registered in my tired and frazzled brain was "Here's the answer to my tired housewife prayers." I was wrong. The Shark Steam Mop's price is steep for something that doesn't deliver what it promises, namely, to easily and throughly clean your floors. The ergonomic handle is terrific. The mop is super lightweight. The steam part of the mop produces mass billows of the stuff. The floor pads work, initially. But they're not designed to hold alot of crud, so they're quickly overcome by dirt, leaving behind ugly streaks of filth wherever you push the mop. And the darn thing is hard to handle. I'm used to wheels on a vacuum...duh...who isn't. I was so excited by this product, that I never gave a thought to the fact that it doesn't have wheels, therefore is very difficult to push and pull across the floor using just "arm power." My arm muscles just aren't what they used to be! Sorry Shark, you've got some awesome products out there, but this isn't one of them.

Piece of junk

Comments about As Seen On TV Shark Steam Mop:

This piece of junk didn't work right from the first day I bought it. It turns on and makes steam, but all the steam comes out of the top of the pad instead of the bottom. I didn't realize this until after I had mopped my floor and realized it was still cold and dry. I like the H2O mop much better.

It's pretty good.

Comments about As Seen On TV Shark Steam Mop:

I ordered the Shark Steam Cleaner from the infomercial. It cam with a handheld unit. I find that I use the handheld unit more that the mop itself. It is great for tile and grout. I don't use it often as I'd like, because it take a while for it to heat up. But, it does what it is advertised to do. I think I paid too much for it, but if you get if for a good price, I would recommend one.

The shark steam cleaner is fantastic.

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about As Seen On TV Shark Steam Mop:

The shark steam mop is really a fantastic product. I do not have a great back and carrying around a mop and bucket was not working out since I have a big area to clean, not to mention twins that can make a disaster In a matter of minutes. I tried using the swiffer mopper and was not satisfied with how wet the clothes were, they were practically dripping on the floor which seemed no different than a mop. Not only that, but it left behind a residue I did not like or want my kids playing on. One not i seen the commercial for the shark steam mop and was very intrigued especially when I found out there's Chemicals in the cleaners I was using and when you use the shark not only does it steam clean your floor, but it completely takes away any bacteria left behind. That was the deal breaker for me since my kids are always laying in the floor and It left the floor much cleaner than I even thought possible. Amazing product and I highly t
Recommend!

Had higher hopes for this.

Comments about As Seen On TV Shark Steam Mop:

Kind of does a blah job. I bought this before my current steamer that I love, and by going the cheaper route, did not get exactly what I was wanting. I would have liked the machine to feel a bit sturdier for the jobs I had planned for it, but it never really felt like it got the job done all of the way for me. I think that the cloths get way too wet way to quickly, which leaves me with excess water spillage around where I am cleaning so that I go back in to wipe that up, and now I find myself mopping up after I mop! It does not extend that far as I would like without the attachment, so that it would be easier to wash and clean my windows and higher up, hard to reach places. As you push it across the surface you are working on, the pole and body seem to bend a little, not so great as far as durability. The construction of it just seems to flimsy to hold up to the job. It also did not do a good job cleaning the grout on my tile floor. Cleaned the tiles okay, but not the grout.

confused by negative reviews

from Columbus, OH

Comments about As Seen On TV Shark Steam Mop:

I was hesitant to buy this As Seen on TV Shark Steam Mop because there were a lot of negative reviews on quite a few websites. But the TV made it sound so appealing I just couldn't pass it up! I'm glad I took the chance on it because I love it. It has three different steam settings and it can kick out quite a bit of steam, not weak at all. It gets out my husband and kids muddy footprints and dirty shoe tracks off the kitchen the floor. It also gets the many things that end up on the bathroom floor up. I was quite pleased with the results of this steam mop. I even use it on the carpet for spot cleaning so I don't have to use my heavy carpet cleaner every time there is a stain or mark on the carpet.What I really like is that the steam is continuous. You don't have to wait for it to keep heating back up to get the steam going, so it's not only great at cleaning the floors but also quick and saves me time.

Good for small spaces

Comments about As Seen On TV Shark Steam Mop:

My husband and I bought the Shark Steam Mop about two years ago. We live in a small one bedroom apartment, so the only places we need to use the Shark Steam Mop are in our small kitchen and one bathroom. For our size apartment, the Steam Mop works perfectly. The water is easy to refill and the cord is long enough to reach the spaces I need to clean. One pad is just enough to clean the two floors before needing to throw it in the wash. I don't think I would recommend this product to people with large surface areas to clean, unless you buy several replacement cloths. I suppose the good thing about needing to replace the cloths frequently is that it shows you that the Steam Mop is doing a good job at removing all of the dirt and grime from your floors! We have a small dog (a yorkie) and I babysit two young children in our home and I really appreciate not having to use harsh chemicals around them. All in all, the Shark Steam Mop is a great value for the money.

Works great!

Comments about As Seen On TV Shark Steam Mop:

The Shark steam mop is a great product. I had been using various wet mops for years, Swiffer, Mr. Clean, and some off brand. I finally decided it was time to bite the bullet and purchase a better version and I loved the idea of not using harsh chemicals and only relying on steam to kill the bacteria. I looked into several brands and ultimately went with the Shark. I absolutely love it! It was easy assemble upon arrival, easy to figure out how to operate and really gets the job done. I wish however that the water reservoir was larger so I could steam more without refilling. I love that it has removable washable pads instead if disposable, much better for the environment and much more durable. I am also impressed that the company thought to send two pads to start, especially since I like to do the whole house at one time and need to switch pads mid way through the job.

While it worked it worked well

Comments about As Seen On TV Shark Steam Mop:

I actually had two of these Shark Steam Mops and while they worked they worked really well. Sadly, they both broke due to the steamer getting clogged. When the product worked, it worked very well with not much effort exerted. All you had to do was fill the reservoir with water, plug it in, let it heat for a few minutes, and start mopping away. I really liked how the floor was cleaned by the steam, especially the tile grout. It was also nice to not have to follow behind with a rag to wipe up the remaining water from a traditional mop. The floor dries almost instantly and is all done by steam. When I did have an issue with the steamer getting clogged I did attempt to repair it myself by looking up suggestions online and also contacting customer service through the online chat feature. The customer service agent was very helpful in trying to assist me fixing my clogged steam but unfortunately I was unable to fix the issue. I would defiantly purchase another Shark Steam Mop and recommend to friends because I really like the way it cleaned the floors and how lightweight the mop was to push around. All you really need to do is, plug it in, let it start steaming and mop away!!!!

It's good for a while

from Little Rock, AR

Comments about As Seen On TV Shark Steam Mop:

I loved my Shark the first few times I used it just on small spaces. When I decided to do the entire floor of my kitchen and dining area, it ran out of steam. The reservoir is a pain to fill when you are using it because you have to put it on it's side and steam and water is spewing out even if you unplug it first. It comes with a little measuring cup with a spout to fill the reservoir but it's still a pain.

The Shark is great if you are doing one room at a time. If you are doing more than one room you will need to be prepared to wait between rooms. Not only will you have to refill the reservoir but the mop will build up steam and water and will quit working effectively.

These mops are notorious for popping off the tubing from the mop head to the reservoir if you don't allow time for it to cool between rooms. I learned this the hard way and watched some youtube videos to learn how to repair it. Unfortunately the best repair for this mop was to replace it.

So, if you are going to use this for one room at a time then it's great. If you have a large area you want to clean you better get a larger model.

Great product

Comments about As Seen On TV Shark Steam Mop:

At first I was a little bit iffy on purchasing the steam mop. I had another item similar to it and it guaranteed satisfaction 100 percent. However after 3 uses it left my floors soaking wet and with streaks. The shark steam mop was the compleat opposite. It leaves my Flores nice and clean with no water left behind. I can use it on any time of floor with out worrying bout damaging it. One minor thing is that it can only be used with water and no other type of chemicals so at the end of moping my house is not left with a fresh clean smell as it would be after I use a regular mop.