Other Toothpastes:
Arm & Hammer Fluoride Anti-Cavity Advance White Fresh Mint Toothpaste

Arm & Hammer Fluoride Anti-Cavity Advance White Fresh Mint Toothpaste

Pros

Cons

WOW, what a great toothpaste!

Sometimes I find samples of powdered beverages, sweeteners, and non-dairy creamers packed with my shipments of *Gevalia Coffee*.  Imagine my surprise the other day to open the package and find a small tube of toothpaste packed in with my gourmet grounds!  It makes sense, however, because we coffee, tea, and cola drinkers need all the tooth whitening we can get and ***Arm & Hammer Advance White Brilliant Sparkle Toothpaste*** seems to be a promising solution to this problem.  Such is my faith in the Church & Dwight Company (manufacturers of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda) that I decided to take the "Seven-Day Challenge" as they suggested.  Rather than totally abandoning my beloved *[Mentadent ][1] *(another Church & Dwight product), I am alternating that old favorite for the evenings and using this new stuff for the morning brushes.

I just started this challenge yesterday but already I can see a difference in my teeth.  Yes, they are definitely more sparkly than they used to be which shouldn't be surprising because this seems to be serious toothpaste.

**STATS:**

The active ingredient in this paste is Sodium Fluoride 0.24% bolstered along by a long-winded list of inactive ingredients which include (but are not limited to) sorbitol, sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), and hydrated silica.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

I still am a hopeless addicted *Mentadent* fan but ***Arm & Hammer Advance White Brilliant Sparkle Toothpaste*** definitely shows promise, especially as a paste to use when I am traveling (as the *Mentadent* pump is cumbersome to pack).  One thing which concerns me is a warning on the package to "***Keep out of reach of children under six year of age***" and to supervise them carefully if they use this to brush their little teeth.  In fact, the package warns that "***if more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away***."  These are ominous words and makes me wonder if this is a good product to have on hand in a family with small children.  I don't have children of my own but I well remember my own larcenous past as a small child when -- in certain sly unsupervised moments -- I was prone to scarf down sweet minty toothpaste with wild abandon just for the heck of it.  Parents do their best but they may have enough to worry about already without factoring toxic toothpaste into the mix.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Mentadent-Advanced-Whitening-Fluoride-Toothpaste-w-Baking-Soda-and-Peroxide-review-f981

whitens better than other toothpaste

I am a big fan of Arm and hammer laundry detergent, so I thought I would give this product a try. More so I tried it because it was on sale for a great price. The first time I used it, I noticed a difference in the color tone of my teeth. It was a bit brighter, whiter, and shining. The Arm and Hammer toothpaste whitened my teeth way btter than other brands I have used in the past. Most other toothpastes I have used took to long to start working. I would have minimal results, and they would stop working after about one week of using it. One thing about the Arm and Hammer Advance White Brillant Sparkle Mint toothpaste.....It tastes awful, I mean really awful. This was the worst tasting toothpaste i have ever used. I felt like i was brushing my teeth with glue paste and mint. I have brushed my teeth with plain old baking soda before and the baking soda doesnt even taste as bad as the Arm and hammer mint toothpaste. Maybe it is the mint that makes it taste so weird, I dont know, but the results of the teeth whitening over ruled the horrible taste, otherwise I would of gave this product 5 stars.

Recommended by professionals

Comments about Arm & Hammer Fluoride Anti-Cavity Advance White Fresh Mint Toothpaste:

I recently visited my dentist for my 6 monthly check-up and inquired about tooth whitening products. I had read several things such as baking powder helps to whiten teeth and he specifically recommended this brand of toothpaste. I have only been using this product for a short period of time but I find it is absolutely brilliant. Not only have I noticed already a whiter smile, but my teeth always feel cleaner using this rather then regular toothpaste. As it states on the box it used bicarbonate of soda within the paste which has a very mild gritty sensation to it while brushing, which you can really feel cleaning the teeth effectively, but gently. It has a very mild taste as-well which I prefer as I don't like toothpastes that have a really strong minty taste to them. After using this product my teeth also feel like they have had a more professional clean, like when you visit the dentist, but obviously without the cost.

Arm & Hammer Fluoride Advance Cleans Well and Costs Less

from Houston, TX

A quality toothpaste doesn’t have to be overpriced and one brand that has proven this again and again is Arm & Hammer. One of its many good products is **Arm & Hammer Anti- Cavity Advance White Fresh Mint Toothpaste.**

**Toothpaste Facts and Commentary:**

Arm & Hammer Anti- Cavity Advance White Fresh Mint Toothpaste is a fresh- tasting minty toothpaste with fluoride and added baking soda for an extra level of clean. It contains ingredients to freshen breath and gently clean the teeth and gums. And it helps keep the teeth white with a noticeable difference after repeated use.

Arm & Hammer Anti- Cavity Advance White Fresh Mint Toothpaste creates a foamy, bubbly action as you brush, similar to a toothpaste with peroxide even though this product does not contain added peroxide. It doesn’t leave behind any grit and it rinses out easily, leaving behind smooth, clean teeth and fresh breath.

Arm & Hammer Anti- Cavity Advance White Fresh Mint Toothpaste isn’t as expensive as the premium offerings from Crest, Colgate, and others so it is one of the more economical among the upper- end brands. It is mild in taste, too, and doesn’t have the strong, sharp mint taste often associated with some toothpastes or the chemical like flavor of others. It gets the job done about as well as other premium toohpastes for a lower price.

**My Bottom Line:**

Arm & Hammer Anti- Cavity Advance White Fresh Mint Toothpaste is a very good tooth care product that fight cavities, protects against gingivitis, and gently scrubs the entire mouth clean. I find it about as good or better than the premium whitening toothpaste products offered by other brand names and while it isn’t necessarily my favorite, it has many good things to offer and earns an easy recommendation.

Arm & Hammer Advance White Toothpaste is fresh tasting

from Springwater, NY

Arm & Hammer Advanced White Toothpaste is a great tasting way to start and end the day. I like the feeling of my teeth and mouth after I use it; fresh, clean and healthy. When combined with Arm & hammer's Advance White Booster, the feeling of clean is even more pronounced. For these reasons I would recommend this product to anyone. The taste reminds me of when I was a child and we would use Arm & Hammer Baking Soda for cleaning our teeth, as a matter of fact, I still use that when we run out of tooth paste.

On the other side, I think the word "advanced whiting" is a bit over stated. while my teeth are less stained, by no means would I say that they are greatly whiter. Nor would I say that this tooth paste is any better than others in the catagory.

Would I Use it? Yes, I would. would I go out of my way to purchase it? In a word, no. It is an average tooth paste, but not advanced in any way.

You would want to buy this!

from Pomona, CA

This toothpaste is one of the best toothpaste I have ever used. With it's mixture of baking soda and whitening products, the two gives you the best results. Not only your teeth are cleaner but also more white. If you are looking for products that will do both of those for you, this will be the product you wouldn't want to miss! The toothpaste will show results after week of use and will make the difference you long for all these years. The downfall of this product is it is expensive, but you do get what you pay for. Also, the taste of the toothpaste in the beginning might be awkward or nasty to you but you get used to it after a while. And when you do, other toothpaste taste is just a little too much. I am truly happy with my results and I have used this product for the past 2 years and I refuse to change my brand.

Arm & Hammer Mint Toothpaste is Great!

from Naples, FL

I first tried this toothpaste out a few years ago and loved it but then forgot it existed. Just recently I got a small tube sample of it in the mail and realized what a great toothpaste this is! I have to say, it's one of the best polishing and whitening toothpastes I have ever used. Every time I use it my teeth are significantly whiter and brighter than usual. I even get compliments on my teeth that correspond with when I used this toothpaste! I think the baking soda in it helps to create some kind of polishing action on the tooth to really buff out any stains. I would say though for those with weaker enamel or very sensitive teeth, this toothpaste may be a little to abrasive for you. Even for people with normal teeth, I've read baking soda is a bit abrasive so perhaps using this toothpaste every other day is a good idea to avoid causing sensitive teeth. In any case, it's a really great whitening toothpaste that really does work. I wish they offered fluoride-free versions of it too.

great toothpaste

from Chapin, SC

I have used this toothpaste for several months and have been very pleased with how well it cleans my teeth. It really does leave them with as close to that "just visited the dentist" feeling as any toothpaste I have tried. It does taste like baking soda, which is not the greatest, but if clean is what youre going for, it does a very good job. As to the whitening aspect, I have not noticed a considerable difference in the color of my teeth while using it. I have not tried the whitening booster that they also make, so that might make a difference if whitening is what you are interested in. I am mainly interested in clean, healthy teeth, and I was pleasantly surprised with the clean I got from this toothpaste.

Not bad for a dentrifice.

from Madison, WI

Not a bad dentrifice (toothpaste). This product is the only toothpaste that my fiance will use. He is obsessed with his teeth. He feels as though the baking soda (which neutralizes acid) gives him fresh breath and the peroxide does a great job keeping his teeth white. I like the paste, I just feel more sensitive with it if I use it over a long period of time. I think it makes the mouth feel very clean. Acid is what causes cavities to form. Sugary foods can cause acid to form on the teeth, which causes cavities. Because baking soda is very basic, it neutralizes the acid and decreases the likeliness of cavity formation. Fluoride is great for mineralizing the teeth as well. If you are a higher caries risk patient, try this paste.

Arm & Hammer Advance White Toothpaste tastes fresh

from Dobson, NC

I had never tried Arm & Hammer White before until about a week ago,i received a trail size in the mail*. The taste is different than the other regular toothpaste i normally use. The first time i used it i noticed the whitening of my teeth. More whiter than any other whitening toothpaste i have used. I love the fresh feel that it gives you! I'm not to much on the baking soda taste but other than that its a great toothpaste.My girls really like it also, my teenage daughter especially! Cavity protection is a must and this toothpaste works all the way around! Tarter control and all. If you can over look the taste then you will be pleased with everything else about it!I would recommended this toothpaste to anyone that wants to try something new! *

works great tastes awful

from Roanoke, VA

WHo better to make a toothpaste with baking soda than Arm and Hammer , who are number one in selling baking soda. I have tried just using plain baking soda on my teeth and I hae tried other toothpaste brands with baking oda added. SO I thought I would check out Arm and Hammer Flouride Anti-Cavity Advance white Fresh Mint Toothpaste. It does clean my teeth and freshen my breath. The after taste is a bit much, but if I use this toothpaste randomly and not every day I believe I can deal with the taste.

arm and hammer hammers away at cavities

from Westmont, IL

Arm and Hammer Flouride Anti-Cavity Advance White Fresh Mint Toothpaste is exactly what it says. Arm and Hammer is a trusted name for its baking powder and somehow it is trusted in toothpaste too, as toothpaste that contain some baking powder are known to clean your teeth better and leave a nice fresh taste in your mouth. Your mouth wants to smile after the nice feeling of having brushed your teech with a reputed toothpaste.

Arm and Hammer Flouride Anti Cavity is a complete toothpaste, it is total like the colgate name that came out first. It is a good product and does an equally good job. It is nice to have one toothpaste that can do so many important things for your mouth and teeth all at the same time. I definately think this toothpaste lives up to its name. It is also a toothpaste that the entire family can use, even with small children, so that there is only one toothpaste being opened at one time. And if one has good dental habits, I am positive that Arm and Hammer will work side by side in fighting cavities.