4.8
All Small & Mighty Free Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent

All Small & Mighty Free Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent

4.8

Cons

No dyes and no fragrance, yay!

Several years ago I purchased a book called The Safe Shoppers Bible.  Reading it was a real eye opener.  It convinced me that I needed to start buying products that were more earth friendly and more people friendly as well.  It was time to start getting some of the petrochemical ingredients out of my home.

Luckily, this book has been a wonderful guide in helping me choose products that have been tested to be safer, and All Free & Clear is one of their recommended products.  This is a laundry detergent that works, but it does not contain any dyes or perfumes.

I used to buy Wisk all the time, which was colored blue.  But when it left a blue stain on a very expensive shirt, I was glad to be using a detergent that did not have any dyes, and the All Free & Clear comes out as clear as water.

Since I have a front loading high efficiency washer, I have to use special HE detergents - and All Free & Clear now comes in the HE formula, and it a highly concentrated detergent.  One small bottle will do 32 loads, and since it's just hubby and myself at home now, this bottle will last for months.  I love that it takes up less room in my laundry cabinets too, I always seem to be running out of room in there.

The cap doubles as the measuring cup, and any excess liquid runs back into the bottle when the cap is replaced.  What a great feature.  As far as this detergents ability to clean clothes, it does a fine job, I have never had any complaints.  If I get a stain, I always treat them with Zout first anyway, so stains are not an issue.

The fact that All Free & Clear has been endorsed by The Safe Shoppers Bible speaks volumes to me.  I feel good about using this detergent, and it isn't overly expensive.  A great product.

ALL Small & Mighty Free Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent

I like the smaller bottle, and using less detergent. For the children who are able to do wash and the elderly this is a very very good thing, to not have a huge and heavy bottle to lift. There is just two problematic issues with it for me. I am not sure it is getting my whites white, for example, all of our white undershirts and tank tops. And when my husband and kids use it, they forget that its concentrated and use too much.

I thought it was cleaning my clothes fine, but I started seeing light brown splotches on my white shirts and am wondering how they got there? Since I'm not sure where these splotches are coming from I can't give it a very poor, since its not proven that it is from the ALL detergent.

There is no scent, which is what my husband wants and why we started buying ALL free and clear in the first place. Our whole entire family has the itchiest skin and one of the moves we made to help this is buy detergent without scent.

Smells amazing

from Rogers, AR

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

• Laundry Room

Comments about All Small & Mighty Free Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I love the smell! it's just a nice fresh, clean smell. It leaves my laundry soft. I love All!

Only product I use now

from San Diego, ca

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • No allergies
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

Comments about All Small & Mighty Free Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This is by far the best laundry soap! The first one I've used that doesn't break my kids and myself out. We have very sensitive skin!

Great Affordable Price.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about All Small & Mighty Free Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I have been buying All Small & Mighty laundry detergent lately because Tide is getting to be ridiculously priced. I have found that not only is All cheaper, but you get to use less of it than most other brands and yet it still gets clothing cleaner as other detergents in it's price range. I have been buying All Small & Mighty Free Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent because it doesn't have loads of perfumes and dyes in it. I don't know why you would put dyes in detergent because dyes are usually bad for skin. This is perfect for those with allergies, skin breakouts, and even those with acne. If you have acne and have tried everything to get rid of it, then I suggest using a different laundry detergent because the perfumes and dyes can aggravate acne prone skin.

It really gets the dirtiest clothes clean and you don't even have to use very much. I use half a capful of All to get a large load of laundry clean. I have three teenage children, and it does a wonderful job at getting their dirty clothes clean. It may not work as well as Tide, but it's still better when you consider it's a little cheaper. I usually soak stains, and this works just as well as using Tide, anyhow.

It has absolutely no scent, it doesn't even have a chemical smell. It just smells like a nice clean soap. It's also a great detergent for those with babies, as they usually have the most sensitive skin.

Truly Small and Mighty

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about All Small & Mighty Free Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent:

My entire family has very sensitive skin and it is hard to find a detergent that is kind to our allergies. All Small & Mighty Free and Clear not only cleans our clothes, but doesn't react to our skin.

We are a tough family on clothes. My children are both athletes, my husband works with oil and grease, and I am a teacher who seems to come home covered in goodness knows what from my day with the kids. Even Expo marker comes out easily with All, and those stains seem to be everywhere on me at the end of the day. I also really like the fact that it is very concentrated and I only need to use a small amount. It not only saves space in my laundry room, but it saves a lot of money. The Sunday paper frequently has coupons for All which makes this a great way to keep an active family clean without breaking the bank.

Love the fact that the only thing is smell is clean laundry. No perfumes or strange scents to react to our skin or make the men in my family smell like roses.

A Must-Have For Pre-Washing Quilt Fabrics

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about All Small & Mighty Free Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I am a quilter with a specialty in making baby quilts. Not surprisingly, baby skin is delicate skin and I have to keep that in mind when selecting not only my fabrics, but also the laundry detergent I use to pre-wash them. All High and Mighty Clear Liquid detergent fits the bill perfectly.

My main goal when I use this clear detergent is not to clean soiled or stained clothes. I can't speak to how well it does with that type of laundry. But for anyone who has to keep delicate, sensitive, or allergy-prone skin in mind, this is a product you're going to want to try.

Because it's "free and clear" there are no perfumes or dyes in the formula. So, you're not getting the color or scent that you typically find in a regular detergent. If you're like me you may be worried about that faint "chemical" mask odor that some unscented products have. Not to worry; All is free from any bothersome scent. At least my nose hasn't picked up anything.

Overall, I find this to be just the thing for my needs. My cotton fabric emerges from the washer with no fading, minimal shrinkage, and completely free of the sizing that manufacturers use on new fabrics. Plus, I know that once it makes it into a quilt, the baby's skin is not going to be irritated.

No scent.

The best for sensitive skin

from New Johnsonville, TN

Comments about All Small & Mighty Free Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent:

My son has very sensitive skin. We used another detergent, designed specifically for babies, for his first eighteen months. I heard about All Free and Clear from a fellow new mommy. She explained that All was less expensive than the other detergent I was using, cleaned better and also caused no issues for her son's allergies. I decided to give all a try and was hooked from the first bottle. I love that it is scent and dye free and that it is good for my son's skin. I also love that I can use one detergent for the whole family. All leaves our clothes clean and feeling soft without adding a lot of needless chemicals. We have been exclusive All Free and Clear users for almost two years and I have no plans of changing to anything else. I also love that I can use coupons and deals at my local drug store chain to get the smaller bottles of All for almost nothing. I watch for deals and stock up at that time. All Free and Clear has been very good for our family and I frequently recommend it to others.

Great Detergent, Messy Cap

from Fairfield, VA

Comments about All Small & Mighty Free Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent:

All Small and Mighty Free Clear 3X Ultra 96 Loads is a messy business, though it is probably my favorite detergent as far as price, performance, and sensitivity is concerned. I tend to go for the largest size available when buying detergent, but I won't be buying this one anymore because of the spout-it always leaks and drips and makes a big mess, and it has to be set on a tray or towel on my washer and dryer. Its so big and bulky, it would be easier if it was simply a huge bottle with the regular spout. I love this detergent, but I'll be sticking with the bottles that don't have this spout.

With the messy cap issue set aside, I have nothing but praise for its performance. Sometimes it needs a stain fighter, but that's true for all detergents in my experience. It never irritates sensitive skin and leaves clothes clean and smelling like clean clothes, not perfumes or fabric softener.

No scent in this case is the best scent.

Cleans great for the price

from Midland, MI

Comments about All Small & Mighty Free Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Usually I prefer Tide to getting my clothes clean with the first wash, but it is often too expensive. For the price, All Free & Clear does a perfectly acceptable job, and it is found on sale more frequently than Tide. It is concentrated, so it does not take much detergent to wash an entire load of clothes. It seems to rinse out the clothes well, too. It comes in different sizes, including a large container with a spout which is my favorite.

All Free & Clear does a good job of cleaning my clothes. However, I find that it does not do a great job of removing stains, so I have to be careful and pre-treat all my clothes prior to washing them.

The absence of scent is what I like about this product. I am sensitive to some fragrances, and having the option to have my clothes simply cleaned without adding perfumes is appealing to me. Indeed, washing your clothes in All Free & Clear detergent leaves them clean with no lingering scent. I've never had a problem with my skin being itchy from coming into contact with clothing washed in this, which can be an issue with more highly perfumed soaps.

Fine Product

from Dallas, TX

Comments about All Small & Mighty Free Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent:

My son had experienced several allergic reactions to detergents that were supposed to be "all natural" and free from toxic chemicals and other harmful ingredients. I bought All Small & Mighty Free Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent in hopes of a better results for a far smaller price. I was not disappointed.
      All Free & Clear is extremely strong and concentrated, so a little bit goes a long way. The scent is mild yet pleasant, but I do wonder if there are any phthalates that give it its smell, even though it is said not to have any fragrance. Labeling can be so tricky.
      I love the size of the bottle and how easy it is to grip. There's no awkward handling or messy pouring. In face, the lid of the bottle serves as the perfect measuring cup for every size load.
      My clothes as well as my son's diapers were clean after washing with All.

Left my clothes clean and fresh

Very mild and not too strong

I prefer this over other free and clear types

Comments about All Small & Mighty Free Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I have used this product for nearly five years now. I first started searching for a free and clear detergent when my son was born. He had and still has very sensitive skin. We have battled eczema since his birth. I first tried Dreft, but something in the detergent made his skin break out even more. It was suggested to double rinse the clothes, but that did not help. My pediatrician recommended All Free and Clear as he used it for his children’s clothes. I bought it the same day and have never switched to another brand. The detergent is very mild and very gentle. It does not irritate my son’s skin. In fact, his skin improved more with this detergent than with the Dreft. I have never thought to try any other detergent as this one does the job and it does it well. I can attest to this as anytime my son’s clothes are washed at grandma and grandpa’s house he breaks out in a rash. An added bonus is that it really does clean the clothes and removes stains just like a normal detergent would. I would recommend anyone battling with skin irritation to definitely try out All Free and Clear before trying any other product out there. An added, added bonus, it is reasonably priced as well. You cannot beat a reasonable price and a great working product.