Other Detergents:
Laundry Detergent
All
All Free Clear Liquid Detergent

All Free Clear Liquid Detergent

Pros

• Easy to use (5)
  • Effective (5)
  • Gets stains out (5)
  • Safe for delicate clothes/skin (5)
  • Simple instructions (4)

• Laundry room (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Homeowner (3)

Hopefully, a gentler kinder laundry detergent!

Sunrise, sunset, quickly go the years and then one day, suddenly you have sensitive skin!  At least, that is what happened to me and (*excuse me as I haul my violin out*) suddenly I also seem to be subject to unexpected, volatile skin rashes.  Visiting a dermatologist during a catastrophic outbreak had limited results and I must admit it is a little disquieting to have a doctor stare at whatever problem you have and say enthusiastically "**Well, isn't that the DAMNDEST thing!"**  Nobody really seems to know why I break out more than I use to and washing everything that comes in contact with my poor old hide in hot water with an extra rinse cycle doesn't seem to help either.  So I was interested when I recently received in the mail a sample for ***All Free Clear Laundry Detergent***.  I stared at the sample and thought to myself "**Well, isn't that the DAMNDEST thing!"** then decided to give it a try.

I used my sample to wash my lingerie in hot water with the extra rinse cycle.  Meanwhile, I sat down in the Laundry Room and read the scant but interesting information which had come with the free sample.  Unless someone is lying, it appears that ***All Free Clear Laundry Detergent*** is hypoallergenic, fragrance and dye free, washes away common allergens such as dust mites (this could WELL be one of my problems!) and is available in either 2x Ultra or ***3x Concentrated All Small & Mighty***.

Especially interesting was the information about sensitive skin in general which included these tips:

We should try to use products free of dyes and perfumes as a general principle ...

Best to take lukewarm showers and pat skin dry as hot water can actually wash away skin's natural oils, leaving it extra dry and itchy.  (This may be an area where I have been screwing up as I have been showering in water which was as hot as I could stand.)

We should keep our skin hydrated by using moisturizers with high concentrations of emollients perhaps coupled with having a humidifier in the home.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

Even if it had not been free (always a good feeling!), I liked the job that ***All Free Clear Laundry Detergent*** did on my clothes.  Although I am a devout fragrance lover, I enjoyed the fresh "smell" of clean laundry and nothing else.  Maybe I'll even give some of those helpful suggestions a try!  Who knows, maybe I could actually get through a whole year without a major outbreak of some kind and if that happened then I would be the first to admit:  **"Isn't that the DAMNDEST thing!"**

All is OK.

I have sensitive skin so I uses only fragrance free laundry soaps as a rule, mostly I use Tide Free but I saw that All was a lot cheaper so I thought I'd try it.  I didn't have any sensitivity but I did notice that my clothing was not nearly as clean as it was when I used Tide.  I'm back to Tide and woun't be using All again.

Great for Cleaning Cloth Diapers!

from Virginia

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Scent free

Comments about All Free Clear Liquid Detergent:

When I made the switch to cloth diapering I had to do my research on how to keep the cloth diapers absorbent and odor free. There are special detergents that are sold especially for cloth diapers but the price is outrageous! To allow the fabric to remain absorbent I needed to find a detergent that was free of fabric softener and all the added chemicals that will build up on the diapers. All Free and Clear is one of the best detergents that I have found to meet every requirement to safely clean my babies diapers. This detergent doesn't mask odor, it actually eliminates it. I've been amazed at some of the stains and odors this product has tackled. My daughter has sensitive skin and since using this detergents she has remained rash free. I've started using this product on my families laundry also, and it does the job! Since trying All Free and Clear I've stopped buying expensive "cloth diaper detergent " this will save money down the road. Highly recommmend

I love All and will continue to buy!!!

from Milford, OH

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Good on sensitive skin
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

• Cleaning

Comments about All Free Clear Liquid Detergent:

I love this product! No issues with the sensitive skin in my family!

The only brand of detergent I use now

from Portland, OR

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

• Home

Comments about All Free Clear Liquid Detergent:

I used to love scented laundry detergent. Lightly scented, but still scented. Then I had a kid and became terrified of using anything scented - soaps, detergents, dryer sheets, anything! And I was not going to pay the ridiculous prices they wanted to charge for baby detergent. So I ended up trying this. That was over 3 years ago and this is now the only detergent i use any more. It works great at getting out dirt and stains. And there are plenty of those with a 3 year old! And I have decided I prefer the unscented laundry products. Things are now just clean and not scented.

All the artifical scents had to go

from north carolina

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Cons

• Small Volume

• Cleaning

Comments about All Free Clear Liquid Detergent:

Best detergent I have ever used. when you have perfume allergies best detergent to use in my book.

Takes the Color out

from Lewes, Delaware

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Takes Color Out Of Some F

• Home

Comments about All Free Clear Liquid Detergent:

I have very sensitive skin and other detergents make me itch. I switched to this detergent several years ago and really loved it. However, I just bought a low energy low water washing machine and I started to notice that there were spots of color being taken out of the fabric. I complained to the manufacturer and thought it was my washer but didn't see any negative reviews. One day I was pouring the detergent into the washer and accidently spilled some on a shirt that I had just put on that I had taken from the dryer. It splashed on the front of my shirt and a large white circle appeared. This was a new shirt that I had recently bought and I was very upset. I also think that the low water does not properly dissolve the detergent and is taking the color out of my good cotton cloths. Has anyone else experienced this with low water washers? Otherwise I really like this detergent and do not want to switch.

Pretty good detergent

from Utah

Comments about All Free Clear Liquid Detergent:

I have used All detergent off and on for several years. It's not my favorite detergent (I prefer Purex or Tide), but if it is on sale and a good bit cheaper than other options, then I will use it. But if it's the same price as other ones, then I will usually use the others.

This detergent gets the job done, but without any frills or extra good qualities. It will get out dirt and body order, but a stain remover is recommended for anything much worse than normal dirt. If I have been working at my office and didn't get my clothes too dirty, then it will work. If I've been working outside or playing softball, it doesn't always get my clothes as clean as I would like.

The smell of this detergent is average at best. It doesn't have a terrible smell or too strong of a smell, but it also doesn't smell overly pleasant. It's not a smell that I am excited to have in my clothes and feel good about going out with.

Great cleaner for all our clothes!

Comments about All Free Clear Liquid Detergent:

This detergent works nicely for all our brights, whites, and darks. We use it for almost all fabrics and in all water temperatures. I am never disappointed by how well it gets stains out, and we like that it does not have an overwhelming scent. It is easy to find at retailers and comes in larger quantities than some other products.

This product does a great job pre-treating dirty clothes and washing them. We do not need to add a lot to the washer to get the clothes clean which is cost-effective. It does not contain bleach so it works for all different colors without buying a separate product. It is strong but does not leave residue or cause faster wear and tear to our clothes which we appreciate.

This product does not have a strong scent which is one of the positives. It is especially effective for people with sensitivities to strong scents and/or sensitive skin.

Not a fan

Comments about All Free Clear Liquid Detergent:

The All Free Clear Liquid Detergent worked very well. My clothes were a lot cleaner after I washed them with this detergent. I was pleasantly surprised by how clean they were after using it, because I purchased the detergent because it was very cheap. However I will not be purchasing the All Free Clear Liquid Detergent again, because I hated the smell that stayed on my clothes after I washed them. It smelled like a cat's litter box! The smell did not linger on the clothes, I could only smell it while I was folding them. However I hated the smell so much I will not be using this detergent again.

After using the detergent my clothes were very clean. I noticed that a few stains on a couple of colored shirts were completely gone after I used the All detergent.

I absolutely hate the smell of this laundry detergent. It has a very strange odor that actually reminds me of a cat's litter box.

All liquid detergent

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about All Free Clear Liquid Detergent:

This is a good detergent. It cleans! You do not need too much for even a large load of clothes. So it goes a long way. I generally am able to find coupons for All, unlike some other detergents. So that helps, as well. All has been around for a long time, so I know it is a good product and that probably a lot of people prefer it and use it.

This detergent performs very well. I have no complaints because the clothes come out clean. The colors are not faded, and the whites stay white and not grey looking. There is just a freshness to the laundry when I remove it from the washing machine and put the clothes into the dryer. I just know the clothes are clean!

This All has no scent or perfumes of any kind. I prefer it that way as we have too many additives to everything we touch, anyway. I am perfectly happy with no colors or additives or perfumes that people can smell a mile away. So unnecessary.

A good choice for free and clear

Comments about All Free Clear Liquid Detergent:

All Free and Clear detergent is definitely a good choice if you are looking for a detergent without the added scents. It works great on clothes leaves them clean and smelling like... well... NOTHING!! I have had to use an added fabric softener as the All Free and Clear does not leave my clothes as soft as some other brands. The All Free and Clear works well in my HD Samsung washing machine without leaving the smells in the drum like some other HD detergents.

All free and clear works well for my family of 5. It gets out my sons stains on his clothes from playing outside, my daughters food stains, my makeup stains and my husbands garage stains. This is a great all purpose detergent to use without having to use a bunch of extra stain removers. I would definitely recommend it for any family.

All Free and Clear does not have any scent whatsoever. If you are looking for a scent free detergent this is a good option.