Other Fever & Pain Medicines:

Aleve All Day Strong Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

I don't like medicine but when I need it, these 4 are the best!

I hate to take over the counter drugs as much as I hate to take prescription ones. While I have no choice but to take certain prescription medications, I do have a choice whether to take over the counter ones. I often suffer through headaches, severe neck pain, bad colds, allergy attacks, and vertigo spells just so I don't have to take any medication. But when I do, there are four OTC medicines I know I can rely on each and every time I take them.***Drixoral*****Drixoral** is an antihistamine/decongestant. I am not supposed to take any decongestants because I am on thyroid medication but there are times when I can barely breathe and my head is so full that I feel like it will explode. My doctor said I can take one caplet when things get that bad. **Drixoral** works every time to relieve my cold symptoms and it lasts for 12 hours. The difference before and I after I take one is amazing. It does make me a little jittery at times but that is probably because I very, very rarely take decongestants. When I need real help for a bad cold, **Drixoral **never lets me down.[***Meclizine***][1] My savior! This medicine is great for vertigo, the nausea that comes with motion sickness, and for preventing motion sickness itself. It is the main ingredient in most high priced motion sickness medications. I have been using **Meclizine** since I was a teen for my on again, off again vertigo spells. (It used to be a prescription drug called Antivert.) I take one before a long road trip, a plane trip, or when I'm feeling dizzy. My ears are mess and I often just get vertigo for no reason that I can figure out. **Meclizine** helps so much that I am never without it. It is an very different type of antihistamine and safe for me to take. It does make me a bit drowsy sometimes but it's worth it. I despise dizziness and vertigo and **Meclizine** helps me to avoid it. It works every time to relieve my symptoms and to help me avoid motion related dizziness.[***Aleve***][2] I rarely take pain relievers. I just don't even though I whine enough that everyone around me needs them to stop their headaches from listening to me complain. However, sometimes the pain just won't go away. I have an old neck injury that flares up and, when it does, it sticks around for days. It gives me pounding headaches, nauseating neck aches, and the top of my shoulders throb. I have tried Tylenol, ibuprofen, and countless others. Nada. No relief. Two **Aleve** tablets or gel caps and the pain is GONE for 12 hours! I had to take two last night because my neck is acting up and I was about to go nuts. 45 minutes later, the pain was all gone. What a relief. I just can't get the same results with anything but **Aleve. **[***Benadryl***][3] I am severely allergic to dust and a host of other things. I usually just deal but, when I am cleaning a dusty room or in an environment where there is mold, mildew, or other things that I am highly allergic to, cue the running, puffy eyes, runny nose, junk pouring down my throat, and the coughing. I am a huge mess. A **Benadryl** later, my symptoms are all but gone. I do get drowsy when I take **Bendryl** but not to the point where I can't function. Sometimes, I don't even notice it and other times, I want to curl up and take a nap. Still, **Benadryl **works when I need it most. If I let my allergic reactions go on too long, fluid builds up in my ears and I get vertigo. Then I have to take **Meclizine**! There you have my four most trusted OTC medications. I have never had any bad side effects from any of them and they work every single time I take them. I try not to take any medications that I don't absolutely need but, when my cold, allergy, pain, or vertigo symptoms get the better of me, these are the four medicines I count on to have me back to my old self fast!Thanks for reading!Patty

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Meclizine-HCl-USP-25-mg-Antiemetic-Tablets-100-ea-review-4122

[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Aleve-Caplets-100-review-fb06

[3]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Pfizer-Benadryl-Medications-Benadryl-Allergy-Kapseals-24-Count-review-7402

Aleve All Day Strong Pain Reliever Fever Reducer Tablets 3 Stars

Aleve All Day Strong Pain Reliever and Fever Reducer Tablets are just okay.  They aren't as good as they advertise in my opinion.  They do a good job on controlling pain when I have back pain or a toothache, but I can't tell if they help me when I have a fever.  I don't feel a lot better when I have a headache either.  I don't think this product works as wells as others, that are known for doing the same thing.  They contain (220 mg) of pain reliever and fever reducing ingredients.  You only have to take (one caplet every 8 to 12 hours) and they are easy to swallow.  These are great for the person who hates to swallow pills.  They come in a small pretty light blue capsule shaped caplet too.  The container they come in is very small, so you can take these anywhere you need to go when you've got pain or you have a fever.  It comes in an easy to open container that is child proof.  This product is a bit pricey, especially since I don't think it works as well as it should.  I can only give this product (3 STARS) and I give it a "6" on a scale of "1-10".  You should try it, because just because it works okay on me, it might work wonders on you.

Strong for the whole day.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Aleve All Day Strong Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

Aleve is one of the best pain relievers that you can buy over the counter, it is my go to for all of my pain needs. This is the best thing to use for a whole variety of pain problems. It works really good if you have a headache or a body ache, but it is also great for things like arthritis and injuries. I have arthritis in my hands really bad and at times it makes it hard to function at all, this is great because not only does it make my hands stop hurting, it works so fast that it really doesn't make me miss out on too many things in my day. Another really great point is that this really does last all day long. I used to have to take multiples of other pain killers throughout the day and would go though ten in a day. I can take two of these in the morning and I am pain free for the rest of the day and do not need to take anything more.

Very effective, these work excellent and keep working all day long to keep any pain from coming back and knocking you down.

So simple to use, two pills and a glass of water and you are going to be feeling better.

Immediacy
These take about thirty minutes for them to kick in and totally kill all of the pain that I am in, they work very fast.

Aleve- Best in Class

from Towson, MD

Comments about Aleve All Day Strong Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I have chronic back pain. Normally I tolerate it, but when I'm having an especially bad day with it, I reach for Aleve. My husband had major back surgery and was on heavy duty narcotics. They weren't helping the pain. I gave him a couple Aleve and they started to work. Aleve addresses the inflammation as well as the pain.

For me, it's the best product of this type.

The pills are very easy to swallow.

Immediacy
This is my only issue. For me personally, it takes about 4-6 hours to kick in. Once it does, it's great.

Awesome for Sprains!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Aleve All Day Strong Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I'd never used Aleve until I sprained my ankle and I was completely unable to move it and was in agony until I got to the doctor the following day. The doctor wrapped it up in an Ace bandage and told me to take Aleve. I was sure I'd need something stronger but he assured me that it would do the trick - and it did!

I love that you only need to take these twice a day. It makes remembering to take it super easy since I just take it with breakfast and dinner. I've found that it is just barely beginning to wear off when it is time for the next dose. There is no time when you are left in that limbo, aching but it's not time for your next dose. I usually only take one pill at a time and that is sufficient for me and I still don't experience any issues.

The caplets go down easily, despite not being coated as far as I can tell. They go to work quite quickly, usually within an hour, and keep the pain away for the full 12 hours.

The price can't be beat and I love that I can find it absolutely everywhere. There is no need to make a special trip to the pharmacy when the grocery store carries it - even my smaller local grocery store.

Overall, this is the best pain reliever around for sprains. I really cannot recommend it enough. I would never use anything else for a sprain again!

Love it

Comments about Aleve All Day Strong Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

Aleve is my absolute favorite over the counter pain reliever. I prefer the liquid pills to the regular, but they work too! I have awful back pain due to scoliosis in the upper part of my back and I have tried everything you can think of that is over the counter to try and relieve some of the pain, but hardly anything helped. When I first tried Aleve I was so surprised and excited to find out that it really did help me. I was able to get some much needed relief from the back pain! It works fast and it lasts a long time. I really love that it lasts a long time because I hate to take medicine, and with these pills there is no need to because it does not wear off fast. I would recommend anyone who has some sort of pain that is just unbearable to try Aleve. I never would have thought it would have worked for me the way it did, but it did!

I have great results each time that I need to take Aleve!

Immediacy
Aleve probably works faster for me than any other pain relievers.

By far the best

Comments about Aleve All Day Strong Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

Out of all the Over the counter medications I have taken for things like pain relieving and fever reducing this is so far the best I have tried. The effects of the medicine last longer than other competing brands. Therefore I don't need as many pills as I would otherwise using other medications. The pills themselves are rather small which is great for me because I have a hard time swallowing large pills. These are also great to stash in your purse when traveling since they don't come in a huge container. Something everyone should know is that if you are allergic to aspirin you should be careful when taking these since they do contain a small amount of it but I myself am allergic to aspirin and have not had any trouble at all with Aleve.

It works pretty quickly and lasts long.

Rather easy to use. Just swallow one of the small pills.

Immediacy
Like any medicine it does take some time to work but these do work pretty quick.

Works good

Comments about Aleve All Day Strong Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

My family takes this for pain relief mostly. I usually use it when I have headaches or menstrual pains and cramps. My husband usually takes it throughout the day for muscle pain relief from work. It works pretty good, but it doesn't really last 12 hours like it says. It does relieve pain pretty quickly, usually within 5 minutes after taking it I can feel the relief from it, but the only problem is it only last for about 5 or 6 hours before I have to take more. I wouldn't recommend this to be given to children, unless you give them a smaller dose and not the whole dosage an adult would take. I am satisfied with this product and would recommend it to anyone that has any muscle pain, cramps or headaches.

It works great and pretty fast too. It just doesn't last as long as it says on the box.

Very easy to use whether you take the pill whole or it is pretty easy to crush to take as well.

Immediacy
It works very fast, usually feel relief within 5 minutes after taking it.

• Immediacy:

Literally works all day long!

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Aleve All Day Strong Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I have tried a variety of different pain medications over the years, all of which have professed to relieve pain. Aleve really does do exactly what it says it will do. I have knee and back issues, that can be debilitating on some days, where getting out of bed is extremely painful. I have taken 2 Aleve and gone about my day without any hint of joint or back pain to stop me in my tracks. I have even used this product when I have had a cold or flu and I experience body aches, and it works perfectly.

Very effective . This is not a product where you have to take 2 pills every 4 hours in order to keep feeling relief. Your pain symptoms subside for the duration of the day, sometimes up to 12 hours.

Very easy to use, take 2 tablets and for the next 8-12 hours you feel no pain or discomfort. This product does not upset the stomach at all.

Immediacy
The effects of this product are instantaneous. It really works and works well.

Decent Painkiller

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Aleve All Day Strong Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

Aleve isn't my go to pain reliever mostly because you have to wait an excessively long time before you can take anything else.

I dislike that you essentially have to take several Aleve pills at a time in order to get the strength of taking one "Extra Strength" pain reliever pill. Overall, Aleve does get the job done and provide relief. However, I think that there are other more effective pain relievers that work much faster as well.

Aleve is extremely easy to use. The bottle has a screw off top. You simply pinch the sides together while twisting the cap off. The bottle is small enough to fit inside any medicine cabinet. I like that I can carry it in my purse and that it takes me virtually no time to get the cap off when I am in need of relief!

Immediacy
This pain reliever takes a bit longer than I'd like to "kick in." Other brands, I feel, take a effect much faster. However, I believe Aleve's pain relief lasts longer. That is probably the one thing I would change about the brand. I would make the pain relief begin more immediately so that you do not have to suffer after having taken it.

• Immediacy:

easy to take one a day for all day pain relief

from Long Island, NY

Comments about Aleve All Day Strong Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

Recently woke up with back pain and then made it worse by moving a heavy mattress and was in a lot of pain. It hurt to sit, stand and bend. My mother recommended me to take Aleve which I do not usually take and have never taken before. I read the directions and the box stated to take one every 24 hours or to take two at first if pain is severe. I decided to take two caplets which are a nice size to be able to swallow with water. I felt that within a short time I did have some relief of pain and I felt that it did help me to feel better. I don't really think this product was any better than the usually product I would take for pain. I dd, however, feel that it was easier to take Aleve only once per day so that I would not have to remember the time which I took the dosage and having to take more and then have to remember to take another dosage with me. I will buy Aleve when on sale to have on hand when needed for any type of pain that I need some relief from.

• Immediacy:

The most effective over-the-counter pain reliever.

from Panama City, FL

Comments about Aleve All Day Strong Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I believe Aleve is slightly more expensive than some of the other over-the-counter pain reliever/fever reducers, but it is worth every penny. If you just have a plain fever, or general aches and pains, then yes, any over-the-counter pain reliever such as Tylenol, Advil or Motrin will do the trick. However, if you have more severe pain such as joint pain, muscle pain, or in my case TMJ pain, then you know that you need something stronger and more long-lasting. If I take 2 Aleve, I'm generally relieved of pain for most of the day. Generally 2 is all I will take in one day, but if I have more severe pain, then I take a third tablet in the evening. It has the same active ingredient as a prescription pain medicine, but at a lower strength. It also works great for menstrual cramps. I take two tablets in the morning, and it relieves the pain all day long.

The tablets are small and very easy to swallow.