Other Fever & Pain Medicines:

Tylenol Regular Strength Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Extra-Strength Tylenol works miracles for me.

Extra-Strength Tylenol is an absolute life saver for anyone experiencing chronic pain. Aspirin is hard on my stomach so I had to find an alternate at an early age. I have used Tylenol for many years. Tylenol was recommended by my physician and a pharmacist.

I have been dealing with some pain for many years but it was never what I would consider chronic until recently. I had a meeting three blocks from the house so decided to walk rather than drive. The meeting went well and as we were leaving two friends offered to give me a ride home. I insisted that it was just a short walk and no problem. Obviously I was not paying attention. I caught the heel of my shoe on a warped sidewalk went tumbling. Talk about embarrassed. I wanted to get up as fast as possible. I then discovered that my right wrist was injured. The pain was above what I normally manage.

The wrist is not broken but the tendons are not happy. That was back in July, 2009 and I am still experiencing some pain. Extra-Strength Tylenol helps me manage the pain. I am a more pleasant woman when not in constant pain.

I highly recommend Extra-Strength Tylenol.

tylenol is poison to your liver and body

tylenol has been around a long time and has been recommended by doctors and hospitals for pain for years. the FDA has just recently come out with a warning for this product. it destroys your liver and is worse than alcohol with its effects. the FDA and the makers of tylenol have known this for years. why not the general public? they (the makers of tylenol) wanted to test this product on us and make their money while destroying our  health. i know this from personal experience with my family. my aunt who had surgery was told by her doctor and hospital to take tylenol for pain, several years later she was hospitalized again and her liver was in bad shape. the doctor and hospital told her she would have to give up her consumption of alcohol. my aunt has never, ever drank alcohol. imagine her surprise. they thought she was an alcoholic. no, it was the tylenol she had been taking. she also took it according to its directions and never abused it. she could of had a shot or a couple of shots of alcohol and would have been a lot better off.

Too much acetaminophen is no good.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Tylenol Regular Strength Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I used to be a constant user of Tylenol, it was what I reached for anytime that I was in pain and needing something to take. After a while I found myself taking eight or more pills of this in a day because it just was not killing the pain and I felt like it was coming back really fast and that I needed more and more. I then found myself really sick and the doctors told me that my liver and kidneys were beginning to fail because of the constant use of Tylenol and all of the acetaminophen in it. This does work to kill some pain and is great for the occasional use, but it is not something that should be used over and over again and not if you are in constant pain, it will do more damage than it does help.

It is effective against a headache and mild pain, but it does not have the power to keep you not hurting if you have something more serious.

It is very easy to use like any other medication is, you just take it and wait for it to make you feel better.

Immediacy
This kicks in pretty fast but you find yourself needing to take more after only a few hours and find that the results of it do not last for very long.

• Immediacy:

Tylenol Regular Strength is Great for Minor Aches and Pains.

Comments about Tylenol Regular Strength Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

Tylenol Regular Strength is a non-aspirin pain reliever composed with Acetaminophen. Tylenol was designed to combat minor pains and fevers as well. The regular strength Tylenol contains 325 mg per tablet so the dosage is quite a bit lower and should be used with caution as Acetaminophen is known to cause liver damage in high dosages.

Tylenol Regular

from Little Falls, NJ

Comments about Tylenol Regular Strength Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

Ever since I can remember, I've been buying Tylenol. For fever, headaches, body aches and pains it was, as I was growing up, the only go to solution. As we learn more about possible side effects of these types of over the counter medicines, we all should be diligent in watching how much and how often we take it. For myself, I find I prefer extra strength most of the time, because regular strength doesn't seem to help much when it comes to even a toothache. But, for my child I will only buy regular strength Tylenol. For fever, it works very well in reducing it quickly. It seems to be the one medicine that the doctors I've visited recommend consistently. My daughter does not get sick very often. So, she doesn't take very much medicine and, because of that I tend to keep the dosage as low as possible which does the trick. It gets rid of any symptoms she has had by stopping cramps and aches fairly quickly or reducing fever. It's the one medicine and brand I like to keep on hand at all times so it's there when I need it. I look for the expiration date first making sure it has an ample amount of time left before having to be replaced if not used.

• Immediacy:

Tylenol doesn't relieve my pain.

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Tylenol Regular Strength Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I used to have severe headaches and high fevers (not at the same time necessarily) as a child, and my mother always gave me Tylenol to treat my symptoms. While the Tylenol was somewhat effective at reducing my fevers, it never helped to relieve my pain. I just figured that pain medications were useless against my headaches until I tried ibuprofen (Advil) as a teenager and it actually helped reduce and even sometime eliminate the pain! Why oh why did I suffer all those years?!

Even though I never reach for Tylenol for myself, I do use it for my kids because it (acetaminophin) is viewed as safer, because it has fewer side effects, and because there are many options available for children, including products for infants, cold medications, etc. I hope it works for them, else they'll curse me when they're older for not giving them Advil.

Tylenol is Good, But Not Great

from Lake Villa, IL

Comments about Tylenol Regular Strength Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

Tylenol is the old time standby, that works decently well, but is not super effective. It works, but sometimes it takes multiple doses to acheive any effect. Tylenol is found simply everywhere and is almost too common, but honestly there are other, better medicines that do what Tylenol does, but much better. Tylenol has the most research done on effects, therefore people are more weary of it, but it is not unlike many others in terms of side effects. Tylenol is good if you have no other options, but given some others, I would pick the others. Tylenol is also cheap in many cases, so maybe looking at the lower cost and lower benefit it is worth it. I, like many others, have Tylenol in the home, despite not using it much, but it is great to have Tylenol as an option if all else fails. There is just something nostagic and timeless about original Tylenol that makes me think it will always be there.

Tylenol works o.k. if there is no REAL pain.

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Tylenol Regular Strength Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I am a person with real pain and tylenol barely does anything but it does help with headaches and other basic ailments. Tylenol works well for other things but pain is not really one of them. If you find yourself in an amount of pain and you think tylenol should cover it then chances are you really don't have much pain at all and should just tough it out instead of polluting your body with an necessary drug. Tylenols main ingredient is not very good for a human body and is one of the most potent and easily over dosable drugs so be careful when taking. Headaches and throats aches? yes. Body aches and real pain? NO. I think alot of people are so used to taking tylenol that they think it can do everything they need for their body to feel better. Tylenol works but not that well. Sometimes it is better to just deal with the pain and maybe hold out on taking medication untill you actually need it.

The Best

from Marshfield, MA

Comments about Tylenol Regular Strength Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

Without a doubt extra strength, gel cap Tylenol  works for me.  I use it for just about everything, colds, fever, pain.  Most of all it acts as a sleeping pill for me when I can't sleep.  I have had prescription sleeping pills and Tylenol works better than a mild sleeping pill.  I actually sleep longer.  II have a rare immune system illness so the minute I'm around anyone who is ill I pop a Tylenol and it seems to help me keep from getting ill.

Tylenol works well, but should be used with caution.

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Tylenol Regular Strength Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

Acetopenophen, the active ingredient in Tylenol is very easy to overdose on. 1 gram (1000 milligrams) is the maximum safe dosage to take in one day, when tylenol markets tablets with 250mg or 500mg you can easily take a few too many. For most this will not cause permanent damage, but those with chronic pain who take this daily can quickly begin damaging their liver. I recommend only taking tylenol for a day or 2 at a time, while making sure not to exceed 1 gram each day. Better yet, use ibuprophen, aspirin, or naproxen.

Also, acetomenophen should never, under any circumstances be given to cats; they lack the ability to metabilize it and will die if given this medication.

Tylenol can be difficult to use because its active ingredient, acetaminophen, is found in other medications like DayQuil/NyQuil and Vicodin/Percaset, so those taking one medication with acetaminophen must be careful not to take another.

Tylenol... the best pain reliever

from Milwaukee, WI

Tylenol
Tylenol is an over the counter medication that has been around for many years, it's a
product that I've trusted and used for many years.  From extra strength to tylenol cold and flu,
you name it I've used it. I also have used infant and children's tylenol for my children's fevers
and headaches, it gets the job done and fast! Why use anything else when they have such a
variety to choose from? Have allergies, they have you covered, sinus' hurt, they got that too,
arthritis don't worry. They also have  pm form to help you sleep that's gentle and non-addictive.
The best part... it comes in many great flavors that your kids will love and different caplets for
adults, like rapid release gels I like that one myself. So the next time you run out to purchase
a pain reliever, grab yourself a bottle or two of tylenol, you'll be happy you did.

Works great for any kind of pain, headaches or body aches

from Lewiston, ID

Comments about Tylenol Regular Strength Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I use tylenol when I have body aches after a long day at work standing on my feet.  I also use occasionally when i can't sleep - I take two (500 mill) and it usually helps me relax and fall asleep easier.  I have some in my purse in case I start to feel tired or achey or get a headache.