Other Fever & Pain Medicines:
Goody's

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

"Try Goody's Headache Powders with a Packet of 6 Powders"

I have used Goody's Headache Powders in the various available varieties for over 10 years. They often help me beat a headache NOW! The powders dissolve rapidly in your mouth and they go to work immediately, unlike some headache products that are on the market in capsule and tablet form. The packet of 6 powders is a wonderful way to "try before you buy too much." I find my Goody's Powders in my local Kroger. Recently I was on a trip down in the country and found them at a place lost in time...a great little old fashioned country store. This product contains acetaminophine, aspirin and caffeine. What is old is sometimes the best "new."

goodie powder is it good

i tryed this once everyone just raved about it i suffer from migrane headaces so i thought sure let me try it. not realizing or reading what the ingredants were i got terrible sick to my stomach throughing up sick. i am allergic to ansprin and i think that they do have that in it. so this didn't work to well for me i was so dissapointed because everyone just loves this product. wish it worked for me

I love it

from Cincinnati Ohio

About Me Healthy Adult

Pros

• Easy To Administer
  • Effective
  • Relieves Pain
  • Relieves Symptoms Fast

Cons

• Headache

Comments about Goody's Extra Strength Headache Powder:

I have had migraines for about 3 years now. I have prescription Imitrex but I hate how I feel afterwards. After trying lots of stuff I remembered my pawpaw used to swear by Goodys. I'm so glad I tried these ! I mix it with a little citrus soda and it goes to work very fast. The migraines can cause vomiting making it hard to keep pills down long enough but I don't seem to have that problem with this . I love it

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Goody's Extra Strength Headache Powder:

Goody's Extra Strength Powder contains aspirin, caffeine, and acetaminophen (generic Tylenol) and is very similar to Excedrin. I had never heard of it until I moved to the South, where it's very popular. This is largely due to the claim by the manufacturer that it's supposed to work faster than other similar products because it's a powder. Each dose comes in a separate packet, and some people take it by dumping the powder directly on their tongue, and washing it down with water (or whatever) but I found this terrible. The powder is very sour or acidic and left a stinging aftertaste even after drinking a glass of water. You can mix it in the water, which is a little better, but it still tastes like acid. Goody's now makes an orange flavored packet of this powder but I wasn't impressed enough by this product to buy it again. The real test of Goody's Headache Powder is whether or not it works faster than the pill and caplet forms of similar medications, and my experience was that the pain relief was not noticeably faster than any other pain medication.

I worked, but I didn't notice that the pain relief was fast enough to warrant buying it again. And because it has caffeine, I can't take this at night.

Easy if you can handle dumping acid on your tongue!

• Immediacy:

Harsh but quick and effective.

from Rome,GA

Comments about Goody's Extra Strength Headache Powder:

I first discovered Goody's Extra Strength Headache Powder when I was in my late teens, I was working part time at a recycling center. This job was very labor intensive which left me aching many days. My boss at the time offered me the first one and I admit it was somewhat difficult to get the powder down, but once I did the effects came very quickly. This product is a very good one and I still use it sometimes, just not as often as a I used to use it. The only downside I found to this product is the difficulty in actually taking the medication, its taste and the occasional burning in my stomach. I like to use this when I need quick relief in order to finish some hard task after I have already hit my pain level. I will say some other pain relief medications seem to work longer than the Goody's Extra Strength Headache Powder but none work as fast or dependably. I would recommend this for anyone seeking immediate relief from pain of arthritis or other ongoing aches and pains.

Bad taste!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Goody's Extra Strength Headache Powder:

If you have a headache that is so bad that you need immediate relief, then this Goody's headache relief product is right for you, but to warn everyone, this probably is the worst tasting thing that you could ever put into your mouth and you will not enjoy what you have to do with it. Unlike most headache medicines, this Goody's is actually in a little package and it has been crushed up into a powdered form of acetaminophen. When you open this package you then put it underneath your tongue and let it dissolve, this is what tastes so bad. It has a very strong taste and it is very nasty and hard to swallow and keep in your mouth. The only part about this bad taste that makes it worth it is that this is the fastest working pain reliever that I have ever found. Within minutes it starts to make your head start feeling a lot better and the pounding goes away. It is very easy to use and works immediately, it is just hard to enjoy the taste that it leaves in your mouth so make sure to have a drink nearby.

• Immediacy:

Surprised at how good it works.

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Goody's Extra Strength Headache Powder:

I simply tried this product because I saw it in the drugstore and thought it might be work a try. I suffer from extremely painful migraines and I have basically tried everything known to man, even prescription medications and nothing has really worked to head them off before they become full fledged migraine headaches. I tried this product and it worked immediately, before the migraine reached its peak and I became incapacitated.

Very effective. I could feel it working very soon after I took the medication. I mainly use this medication for migraines, however I have just recently begun to use it for menstrual pain as well. It works very fast and the relief is lasting.

Very easy to use this medication. Easy to measure out the recommended dosage.

Immediacy
    Even though this medication is gradual in its effect, you can feel the medication working the minute you take it. The good thing about this is it does work over time, not all at once.

• Immediacy:

by far the best headache medicine.

Comments about Goody's Extra Strength Headache Powder:

I have used Goodys for about 8 years. There is nothing that will help my headache like goodys will. I swear by them. I think I have gotten so used to them I have to take at least a few every day or I get caffeine headaches. Alot of people ask how I can take them because of the taste, but after a while you get used to it and it doesn't bother you anymore.

The best headache reliever on the market.

So easy to use. Open it up put it in your mouth. Be sure to have a drink ready though because the taste is awful unless your used to it.

Very quick effect.

Great Extra Strength Pain Relief

Comments about Goody's Extra Strength Headache Powder:

This is the one go too pain reliever for me when I experience a headache. This product is great to relieve everyday aches and pain and headaches. I have not been too thrilled with it in relieving menstrual pain. I would usually have to take another medication along with this to get the relief I need.

I have always been very pleased with the effectiveness I have received after taking a Goody's Extra Strength powder for my headaches. I have only had to take one to two powders to combat my headaches. They work and keep working for hours at a time. I

This medication is easy to take and has been helping my headache pain for years. I would recommend the product to anyone who is looking for a better product to combat nasty headache symptoms.

Immediacy
    Goody's Extra Strength works within 15 minutes of taking it and you usually will see your headache gone with one powder, some times if the headache is more server I may have to take a second powder later in the day.

• Immediacy:

"Try Goody's Headache Powders with a Packet of 6 Powders"

from Indianapolis, IN

Goody's Headache Powder Cures My Headaches Fast

from Murrayville, GA

Comments about Goody's Extra Strength Headache Powder:

AAHH, headaches - there are few things worse than a dreaded headache. An ache on any other part of the body is mostly confined to that part of the body. When you have a tooth ache, your tooth hurts. When you have a back ache, your back hurts an so forth. However, when you have a headache, your entire body hurts. Although it may be difficult, other ***typical*** body aches and pains do not usually interfere with a person's ability to function. A headache, however, will stop a person cold and keep a person from functioning. Sometimes, a headache will give a person a bit of a warning. Other times, as is often my own case, a headache as severe as a migraine will fearlessly attack without warning. There are numerous varieties of headache medicines available both over the counter and by prescription and I have tried them all. No other headache medication works better for me than my grandfather's and my mother's medication of choice, old fashioned Goody's Headache Powders. The medication is in powder form and packaged in a little slip of paper that is unfolded and shaken into the headache victim's mouth. The taste is a bit bitter,but the result is worth it. Within half an hour, every time, my headache is gone and I have my life back again. I have found that Goody's Headache Powder, though an old fashioned medicine, works better and faster than Motrin, Tylenol, and Advil. Try it the next time you have a headache.

Goodys are a godsend

from Estill, SC

Comments about Goody's Extra Strength Headache Powder:

The Goody powders extra strenth headache relief medicine is by far the best and quickest over the counter remedy for an increasing migraine or a slow and steady muscle pain as well as the dreaded hangover. A goody powder in its form acts quicker to releive your problem because there's no pill coating to be dissolved. I have been taking goodys for as long as I can remember. With the exception of a few times up north where they didn't really sell them only b.c. powders.  The main difference in the two powders are that the goody is more granulated and goes down well. The bc powder is so fine in its (flour-like) form until it has a tendancy to stick around the sides of your mouth and tongue.  Taking a goody powder for me is also an excellent preventive measure to ward off any strong headaches and body pains.  Compared to the price of most over the counter pain meds the goody is very cheap. The convenince of 2 and 6 packs at most convenience stores for those on the go is a big plus.  The caffein in the product tends to make you feel a little better for the energy boost. The downside is of course using too many is dangerous to your liver.