Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

Alavert Allergy Quick Dissolving Tablets

Pros

Cons

usually works well

Springtime in the south is pretty brutal.  The pollen counts get insane around mid-march and last through april and beyond.  There is one particular pollen in april that really affects my sinuses, eyes and throat - it feels like needles in my eyes and makes my throat tickly.  I have tried other allergy medicines before and to be honest, even the non-drowsy ones have a tendancy to make me fall asleep - not good when i have to drive to and from work and be awake while there!  i tried alavert when it first came out and i am a big fan!  it does not make me drowsy and works very quickly when i take it.  i like the fact that it dissolves on my tongue and does not taste like medicine.  the citrus burst flavour is my favourite for sure.  it does cost quite a bit but i can usually locate a coupon online to defray the bottom line.  i would definitely recommend this to any allergy sufferers - at least for pollen.  i can't say how effective it is for other allergies like pet dander or dust mites.

Alavert Non Drowsy 24 Hour Relief: Ok, but a Little Exaggerated

If allergies have you down and you want long- term relief, one potential product to try is **Alavert Non- Drowsy 24- Hour Allergy Relief**. It is one of the few products on the market that offers a full day of allergy symptom protection.

** **

**Medicine Commentary:**

Alavert Non- Drowsy 24- Hour Allergy Relief uses the active ingredient Loratadine (10 mg, Antihistamine) as its main source of allergy relief. It is an allergy product with staying power and it is one of the few allergy relief products that isn’t swallowed whole or chewed. It is instead taken by popping a tablet in the mouth and waiting for it to disintegrate.

Alavert Non- Drowsy 24- Hour Allergy Relief helps to relieve sneezing, itchy watery eyes, runny nose, and itching in the throat and nose that leads to other problems. The tablets can be taken by adults or by children age six or older.

As for the relief, I have found that Alavert Non- Drowsy 24- Hour Allergy Relief is only moderately effective. It does dry up the nasal passages so that my runny nose slows down and it does help control itching, but the degree of its effectiveness does not equal that of other allergy medications. The 24- hour relief claim is also open to debate. I feel like I get a decent twelve hours of relief, but I most definitely need more medicine once I go beyond the twelve hour mark.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

** **

Allergy relief is essential for those who suffer with nasal allergies and it is certainly nice when an over the counter medication lasts for more than twelve hours. Alavert Non- Drowsy 24- Hour Allergy Relief says it is good for a full day, but I have found its claim to be somewhat exaggerated and its relief only moderate. It doesn’t come even close to the better allergy medications on the market but it is relatively inexpensive per tablet and it provides enough relief to make it worthy of trying. Just don’t get your hopes up too high- every person is different and some will find this medicine less effective than others.

It works fairly well, but its abilities are exaggerated

Just dissolve one tablet in the mouth

Immediacy
It takes time to get started, but keeps on giving a little at a time

It has another use!

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Alavert Allergy Quick Dissolving Tablets:

I have taken Alavert Allergy Quick Dissolving Tablets numerous times in my life for allergies and I had decent results. If I take a tablet before symptoms appear I will not get congested. This makes using these tablets a guessing game for my allergies. If I don't attack my allergies beforehand I have to take 1 tablet a day for about a week before my sinuses start to calm down long enough for my seasonal allergies to pass. While following this routine I have found another use for these tablets. When ever I stop running for a long period of time the next time I run I itch all over. I will itch to the point that running becomes unbearable. I have found that when I take one Alavert Allergy Tablet a hour before exercise I will only itch for about 5 minutes and a calming sensation comes over my body. I only use these tablets 2-3 times a week for a couple of weeks until my body adjust to running again. Apparently the itching was caused by too much histamine in my body and Alavert is an antihistamine agent.

Fairly quick symptom relief

Comments about Alavert Allergy Quick Dissolving Tablets:

I'm giving Alavert Allergy Quick Dissolving Tablets a score of 7 because it works relatively quickly at relieving allergy symptoms. If you need fast relief from your allergy symptoms, this is a product to try. The quickness likely comes from how quickly it gets into your system because the tablets are dissolving, so no swallowing necessary. That's also an advantage if you don't like to or can't swallow pills. The taste is okay, not horrible, but not great. I usually have to have a drink of water to rinse it down because it can be gritty. The relief given from Alavert is decent. Most allergy symptoms (runny nose, itchy eyes, sneezing) are relived, but it's not as long-lasting as other over the counter allergy products. These are marketed for 24 hour relief, but I find my symptoms come back prior to the 24 hour window. Alavert Allergy Quick Dissolving Tablets are not the best for allergy relief, in my opinion, but they do a decent job of relieving most symptoms without the drowsy side effect.

GOOD OVERALL ALLERGY PREVENTION/RELIEF

Comments about Alavert Allergy Quick Dissolving Tablets:

I have used Alavert occasionally for over five years. First, the name says a lot, namely "Al," as in allergy and "avert," which means just what it says. It often averts, or prevents, the onset of an allergic reaction, and that is the way in which I most often use it.

I love cats dearly, but unfortunately, I can't own one because I am allergic to the dander. I get full blown allergy symptoms when I am in the presence of cats for too long. I also don't stop myself from petting them, because I love them and can't resist! So whenever I plan to visit friends with cats (or birds), I take just one, 24-hour, mouth-dissolveable Alavert tablet about an hour before I go. It works wonders in preventing allergic reactions. But, if I push it, and get too friendly or active with the cute creature(s), or touch my eyes without washing them first, I will get some kind of allergic reaction, but it will be far less severe than if I had not taken Alavert first. Often, I have no reaction at all, but if I get a lot of dander on my clothing, I must wash them when I return home, otherwise, without taking another Alavert tablet first, I will get a reaction from my clothing that was in contact with the animal and its environs.

But I do not use Alavert only as a preventative measure, I also use it to relieve an allergy attack already in progress. It does not completely relieve all of my symptoms on the spot, but it works quite quickly to lessen the severity and to help it subside altogether.

I understand that various brands work in various ways for others, and my preferred brand may not work as well for others as it does for me. Of several brands I have tried over the years, I am satisfied with how well Alavert has worked for me.

• Immediacy:

Quick relief when all else fails.

Comments about Alavert Allergy Quick Dissolving Tablets:

I suffer from year-round allergies. I've taken every over the counter allergy medicine and only Alavert is able to control my symptoms. Even when I'm in the middle of my allergens. Unlike with Clariten and Zyrtec, that say they bring twenty-four hour relief, Alavert truly does relieve symptoms for twenty-four hours. I've found that the quick-dissolving tablets are better because water or drinks are not always available when you have the first signs of an allergy attack.

Great allergy relief

from Fort Scott, KS

Comments about Alavert Allergy Quick Dissolving Tablets:

I have suffered from allergies for a long time and went untreated. It wasn't until my doctor suggested Alavert, that I started to get some relief. I especially like the quick dissolve tabs. I have difficulty swallowing pills and this is an excellent option for me. The taste is pleasing with no bitter after taste. I have been feeling so much better by just Adding one quick dissolve tab a day. Alavert is good for all kinds of allergies. I just take a tab a day for instant relief.

Very effective for all my allergies. I use it for everyday allergies. Since I started taking Alavert, I often forget I have allergies.

I like the quick dissolve tabs. I have difficulty swallowing pills, so this is an excellent option for people like me.

Immediacy
I find relief comes quickly. If I happen to forget a dose I can really tell the difference. But once I get back to my normal dose it is immediate relief.

• Immediacy:

Quick releif Without making me drowsy

Comments about Alavert Allergy Quick Dissolving Tablets:

I love the way they are quick and easy to take, even when you can't get to water. They melt in your mouth and taste great. Alavert offers quick relief from seasonal and pet related allegies, and I've never had the drowsy side effects that many allegy medicines give me.

It works quick on stopping itchy eyes, sneezy and runny noses. It offers relief from season allergies making it easier for me to enjoy being outside or playing with my fur-babies. It's relief lasts all day, and it doesn't keep me awake at night.

It dissolves quickly on your tounge. The flavor is amazing and it doesn't leave a medicine aftertaste. Even with no water to take it with, it's easy to take. I always keep a couple tabs in my purse for allergy emergencies!

Immediacy
Since it dissolves on your tounge, it's absorbed through the mucus membrane making it available to your body for relief much quicker than most oral medicines that have to be digested.

Get Relief With Alavert Non Drowsy Allergy Relief Citrus Burst

from Greenwell Springs, LA

Comments about Alavert Allergy Quick Dissolving Tablets:

Alavert Non Drowsy Allergy Relief Citrus Burst tablets are a quick way to get relief from allergies. Alavert Non Drowsy Allergy Relief Citrus Burst is a tablet designed to dissolve in your mouth and has a citrus flavor. This gets the medication into your system faster and therefore, giving you faster relief from those horrible allergy symptoms.

Alavert Non-Drowsy Allergy Relief Citrus Burst contains 10 mg. of Loratadine and is comparable to prescription strength Claritin.

Alavert Non-Drowsy Allergy Relief Citrus Burst relieves sneezing, runny noses, itchy and watery eyes, and scratchy throats and also some skin conditions which cause extreme itching.

Alavert Non-Drowsy Allergy Relief Citrus Burst is for children age 6 to adult. One tablet is the normal dose and works up to 24 hours.

**My Thoughts on Alavert Non-Drowsy Allergy Relief Citrus Burst**

I have been using this product off and on for about a year now. It works fairly quickly and as good as other allergy relief products available over the counter.

I have seasonal allergies that I often treat with over the counter medication. I don't like taking medicine and when I can get by without prescription drugs, I am happier. Alavert Non-Drowsy Allergy Relief Citrus Burst works well for seasonal allergies. I have also used it for skin irritations and itching. It does help relieve itchy skin and keeps you from clawing yourself to death.

I have only tried letting this medication dissolve in my mouth one time. I really didn't care for that option and now take this medication with water. Either way is fine and totally up to you.

I find that this product almost gives me relief for the full 24 hours they claim. Mine usually wears off around 20 hours.

Overall this is a good allergy medication that is available over the counter. I do recommend it to anyone suffering from allergies or need itch relief!

This is my go-to medicine if Zyrtec is out of stock. It works fairly quickly. I notice a result within an hour.

This is a tiny pill and very easy to swallow. Even those that have trouble with swallowing pills should have no problems with this one.

Immediacy
I start feeling the relief from allergies within an hour of taking this.

Best Allergy Medicine Available

from Roswell, GA

Comments about Alavert Allergy Quick Dissolving Tablets:

I suffer from seasonal allergies, particularly in the spring. Sometimes the pollen here gets so thick you can almost taste it when you go outside. I get almost instant relief when I take Alavert.

Alavert is available in regular tablet form or in disintegrating tablets. I prefer the disintegrating tablets because I can keep some in my purse and take one anywhere without needing water. Sometimes I forget to take one before leaving home.

After taking an Alavert tablet, I have complete relief within a matter of twenty minutes or less. It is long lasting, too. I do not feel the need to take another one until the next day. The formula I use is non-drowsy; sometimes non-drowsy products can keep me from sleeping. Alavert does not hinder my sleep in any way.

I do not know how well Alavert will work for someone who suffers from other types of allergies since I only have seasonal allergies. But I highly recommend Alavert for any allergy sufferer like me.

Great taste, easy to take, good for kids

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Alavert Allergy Quick Dissolving Tablets:

I got a great deal on this medicine, Buy One, Get One Free on the large box.  The dose is twice the childs dosage, but the pills can be easily split.  My daughter has really bad seasonal allergies and she can take one-half or a whole pill very easily.  She loves the taste.  It is a nice Orange flavor, pleasant, not offensive.  Does not leave a bad taste in your mouth.  It was a great deal, but best of all it is a medicine my daughter takes without complaining because it tastes almost like candy.

Alavert Is Very Practical For Busy Moms

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Alavert Allergy Quick Dissolving Tablets:

This is a wonderful product for a busy on the go mom. My step son has terrible seasonal allergies. I'm able to give this product to him when and where he needs it, without water, without dosing, without concern that I'm going to give him the wrong amount of medication. I am able to carry the individual doses around in my purse so that I can give him his medication when he needs it. I love this product. It makes him feel so much better in the spring and fall when his allergies are bothering him.