4.9
Other Mattresses:
Specialty Mattresses, Memory Foam Mattresses
Air-Pedic
Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress

Summary

Our innovative air system technology offers a superior sleep comfort and customization by offering 6 zones that can be adjusted on both sides of the mattress and configured to offer extra low back support. The optional patented Airflow Transfer System helps reduce any heat build-up in the mattress. Compare Air-Pedic's™ 65 digital settings for the lumbar, as well as the hips and shoulder zones, 30-year limited warranty and 120-night trial to Sleep Number™, Comfortaire™ and other two zone air systems. Go to www.AirPedic.com or call 800 667-1969 for more information.

Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress

4.9

Pros

• Comfortable (13)
  • Good support (12)
  • Holds shape (11)
  • Soft feel (11)
  • Durable (10)

• Primary bed (11)
  • Guest bed (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (8), Budget shopper (3)

"Don't judge a book by its cover"

from Iraq

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Nice love it.

beatuful i ADVISE YOU TO BUY IT

from Canada Windsor ON

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Holds Shape

Cons

• Squeaks
    • Too Soft

• Guest Bed

NICE AND BEATUFULK

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Very happy with airpedic bed

from Santa Cruz, CA

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Sturdy

• Primary Bed

Comments about Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress:

After trying out nearly every mattress in the county and really liking the feel of the top of the line sleep number bed, but incredibly concerned about the poor reviews, longevity and price (holy cow!) of the SN, I found a few reviews for the Airpedic system on Mattress Underground. I've purchased custom mattresses from small manufacturers before since I also have an antique bed that requires a special size, so I'm aware that with smaller manufacturers you usually get better quality for a lower price.

After speaking to Rick about the features I liked, and the concerns I had about a split king, we decided to move forward with customizing an adjustable airpedic with a split head and foot but a joined center. Not only was I incredibly pleased this could be done, it was done for thousands less than the top of the line competitors bed. Yet, purchasing a mattress such as this is still a huge investment so it was great to learn about the quality and superior materials used in this bed.

We've been sleeping on this bed for at least 6 months, and the bed is sleeping exactly the same as it did on day one, which is to say excellently. We love being able to adjust the support, as well as the head and foot and joining the center was a great choice for us. I am extremely pleased to not have a "well" in the center of the bed. There was absolutely zero off gassing and the airflow system does help the bed sleep cooler. It is not a cooling effect like the gel, so don't expect that, but I've never gotten sweaty or too hot in this bed. I also love the mattress pad we purchased with the bed. It is organic, super soft and breathable but protects the mattress extremely well. I highly recommend their mattress pad rather than a waterproof one.

I can and have recommended this mattress to others. In fact, we are getting ready to purchase a second for my daughter and will replace our rv with one of their memory foam models when it's time.

Planning on buying another for our summer place.

from the Woodlands. TX

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Soft Feel
      • Sturdy

• Primary Bed

Comments about Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress:

Rarely if ever do I write reviews. A product has to be really good or really bad to cause me to act. Our recent purchase of the Air-Pedic 1200 Ultra-Plush Memory Foam bed has certainly exceeded our expectations.This bed compares to the Sleep Number(SN)"X-12" except for two critical things: price(almost $4000 less) and adjustable zones (6 on the Air-Pedic verses 2 zones on the SN).
        As an anesthesiologist I know a lot about sleep and body alignment. The Air-Pedic allows you far superior body alignment. For example, you are able to adjust the torso zone to a firm support while having the head (shoulder) area to a very soft support. My husband and I both have shoulder/neck issues and want a bed that's very soft in that area. At the same time I require a very firm lumbar support for significant back issues. My bed setting is 10-50-10. You can't get that with the SN bed because there's only a single number setting.
        It's been over a month now and this is by far the best and most comfortable bed we have ever slept on. We are extremely pleased with every aspect of the bed, so much so that we are planning on buying another one, for our summer place.

BEST CONFORT AND QUALITY!

Comments about Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress:

My husband and I purchased 2 different twin Air-Pedic mattresses to put in a king frame. We are very pleased with our purchase. We have had Sleep Number and Tempur-Pedic mattresses in the past, and the Air-Pedic surpasses both of these. It is the best of both concepts. The quality and price can't be beat. And having each mattress custom made to our individual specifications and at the exact height has been wonderful. We have also appreciated the great service that Rick extended to us. He has been great in answering our questions and in helping us decide which model to order.

An Quality, Comfortable Mattress with Excellent Customer Service

Comments about Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress:

I researched competing air beds on line and chose this mattress company because the air bladder has two chambers, one for head and foot and a separate bladder for the middle of the bed. Also, the air chamber is made of vinyl, the same material used in my pontoon boat and float tube that I rely for safety in the water. The pump is quiet and the controller is simple and easy to use. It seems to hold its pump setting after the bed is inflated to our preferred setting.

I do not have experience with the customer service staff from other bed companies, although I did interact with several sales representatives. In this case, the person who sold me the bed is also the quality control manager. I received excellent service from everyone who took my call. They appear to manufacture beds to order, so there was a wait period to receive the bed. They were always courteous and prompt is replying to my inquiries. Shipping was on time. Altogether an excellent customer experience.

Comfort
        Our model has a 2 inch breathable memory foam layer over the air chamber. The memory foam tends to hold body heat. The breathable layer probably helps. I think a thicker foam layer over the air chamber would defeat its purpose.

Support
        It's adjustable, so what's not to like.

Firmness
        It's an air bed so the firmness is adjustable.

We just bought the bed, so who know how long it will last. The internal parts are accessible through zippered compartments. If any one part wears out after the warranty expires, you can buy a replacement without replacing the whole mattress.

• Firmness:

The best combo of comfort and support ever!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress:

Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress provides the perfect amount of comfort and support. I purchased this mattress about a month ago, and I am so happy that I did! I sometimes suffer from back pain, and this mattress was exactly what I needed! It is nice knowing that I can now sleep peacefully without waking up in the middle of the night with severe back pain. I would recommend this mattress to anyone with arthritis or back pain, or just anyone who is looking for an extremely comfortably mattress.

Comfort
        I have never slept on a more comfortable mattress in my lifetime!

Support
        This mattress provides the perfect support on my back. I can now sleep without having to worry about waking up in pain.

Firmness
        This mattress has the perfect amount of firmness.

I have only had the Air-pedic mattress for about a month now, but I think it's very durable and sturdy. I have not had any problems with it at all so far, and I do not expect to.

• Firmness:

A mattress that will change your life but at high cost.

from north augusta sc

Comments about Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress:

I will give this mattress an above average review for the reasons I discussed below. The high cost of the mattress is why this gets below a perfect ten rating. This mattress will drain your wallet! A payment plan can help, which was set up for me when I purchased this mattress. However, this is well worth the purchase because it helps out with my back pain. I get a lot of use out of the mattress, because I use it every night! Except when I have to sleep on the couch when I am in trouble with my wife. This is well worth the high price tag if you can afford it!

Comfort
        The flexibility of the comfort settings rewards this mattress a ten in this category. I like a softer mattress and I can adjust my side of the bed to reflect that.

Support
        I have started to develop a bad back with increasing age, and this mattress helps ease back pain. This earns a perfect ten!

Firmness
        I can adjust the firmness on my side of the bed to suite my needs.

I have not had any durability issues so far with my mattress.

Comfortable

from NA

Comments about Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress:

I purchased the Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress from an online shopping portal last year and it got delivered to my residential address within two weeks of making the payment. This mattress looks elegant and is white in color. I have a back problem due to which hard mattresses are better for my back but to my surprise, I was able to get a lot of comfort on this mattress as well. It did not make my back feel stressed and I was able to complete my hours of sleep comfortably without any pain and discomfort. The mattress is loved by my children as well and they are used to keep playing on the bed and jump on the bed which I used to always get scared of as it could cause any scratches or would damage the mattress but in the case of this adjustable mattress, it was not an issue.

I was able to clean the mattress every week and wash off stains if any and the best part of this mattress is that one can fine tune it and make the necessary adjustments as per their comfort level.

Extremely satisfied!

Comments about Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress:

When we decided to look for a new mattress (ours was almost 25 years old), we had to determine whether we wanted a traditional spring mattress or an air mattress. We decided on an air and then did extensive research on which one to buy. We picked the Air-Pedic because of the great reviews. I called and spoke to the sales manager where he asked questions to determine which mattress was best for us. He did not try to sell us the most expensive mattress they had. We ordered the Air-Pedic 900 with Airflow Transfer System. You have to understand, we bought this mattress purely on faith since there are no stores near us to try them out. We were not disappointed. The very first night we slept on the mattress was awesome! We love the three different zones on each side of the mattress to adjust exactly to our liking. We could not be any happier with our purchase. I would highly recommend this mattress to anyone looking for a new one, you will not be disappointed.

Comfort
        Comfort is exceptional. The adjustable air firmness with the air flow transfer system allows you to customize your mattress. The air flow system is also NOT hot like traditional memory foam.

Support
        Support is customizable. Great!

Firmness is just right.

This mattress is made from very durable materials. I can see this mattress lasting us a very long time.