Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Advil Congestion Relief

Pros

Cons

I can breathe again!

"I can breathe again!" - This was exactly what I felt shortly after taking this Advil congestion medication for the first time.  I am someone who has suffered with sinus pain and congestion for years.  It is something that I have learned to generally accept and have learned to NOT expect much from the sinus pills that are currently available OTC - So, last week when the sinus pain and pressure had gotten to be too much for me, I went to the drug store and picked up a package of this new Advil Congestion Relief.  Of course I had my doubts but I had seen the commercials and read various on line testimonials.  Shortly after taking it, I realized I had found my new sinus wonder drug - my sinus passages had opened up and I was able to breathe - and breathe well.  I am not an advocate of alot of medicine a lot of the time, but when I do need to reach for something, I will most definitely reach for Advil Congestion Relief again!

Advil Congestion is so-so...

I get sinus infections so frequently that my body has basically become immune to the effects of over-the-counter medication, and when I saw the commercial for this product, I had high hopes because much of my sinus trouble is the swelling of the nasal passage, which this product was supposed to target. I bought it without paying much attention to the ingredients, and after I took it once or twice without much results, I read the ingredient label and discovered it's nothing more than the same decongestant that's in just about every other sinus pill out there, plus ibuprofen. So much for it being something new and different. It probably works fine for those who only take medication once every few months, but it did nothing for me since I get sick so frequently. Hopefully others have better success with it than I did. On the plus side, the pill isn't too large so it's pretty easy to swallow.

Advil is my favorite brand!

About Me Have Medical Condition

Pros

• 1 tablet dose
  • Easy To Administer
  • Effective
  • No Side Effects
  • Relieves Symptoms Fast

Cons

• Aches & Pains
    • Congestion
    • Runny Nose & Sneezing

Comments about Advil Congestion Relief:

I always keep regular Advil on hand for the occasional headache or when my back and shoulder ache and hurt. I am never disappointed with Advil because it always works and it works fast. When I have gotten nasty congestion with all the yucky stuff that goes along with being severly congested, I buy Advil congestion relief. It helps to clear the congestion in my chest and my nose and it works fast. I like that it is one pill dose so I'm not taking 10 tablets in a day. I feel like I get relief from all the congestion quicker than with other brands of medicine for the same thing. I take this medicine and soon after I can feel my body going back to normal. I have kids and when I'm sick I have to still be mom for my kids and I can't lay around and take a day off because I'm sick so I need a medicine that works fast and keeps on working all the way until I am due for another dose. I have some problems with this same thing every year when the weather starts to cool off and I have tried several brands of medicine over all of my years dealing with this and a lot of medicines do work and offer relief from being all clogged up, but a lot of them don't work for the hours you have to wait until taking another dose. Then it's like waiting for relief all over again because the medicine didn't keep your body clear in between doses. I can't take medicines like that because there is Advil which clears me out and keeps working even if I don't take my next dose right on time. I don't use any other products while using Advil because I never have had to. It works like it says it will and it works so well you don't have to lay around waiting for your sickness to abate. I totally trust all of the Advil products and all of the Advil specialty medicines have worked well and are worth every penny. They are easy to find and priced very fairly. I think this is the best medicine out there for congestion and I highly recommend it. I have never experienced any side effects, only 100% relief!!

So glad I found Advil Congestion Relief!

It is phenomenal!

Congestion Relief
    I'm so glad I found the Advil Congestion Relief! The Pine, Cedar and Oak pollen are all in the high ranges around here right now and this stuff is a Godsend! It has cleared up my stuffy nose but yet it hasn't made me drowsy so that I can still work and take care of my family! All it took was one pill to get things under control and the stuffiness has disappeared with no indication that I have hay fever or allergies! Not only is it extremely effective but it worked quickly and without the drowsiness it enables me to continue to live my life without the constant tissues all over my desk, in my pocket, in my purse, etc. No clue how they do it but, thanks!!

Relief of Aches & Pains
    It's especially nice to have a medicine be helpful with one thing (congestion) but also relieve some of my body aches and pains so there is no need for two different medications! I felt achy even though the congestion that I have is allergies but the Advil Congestion Relief has relieved those symptoms also.

• Cough Suppression:

Works great for allergies and sinus pressure

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Advil Congestion Relief:

I have terrible allergies that seem to last throughout the year since I live in Florida. i struggle with trying different medications as nothing seems to really help. Advil works amazing to give me relief from sinus pressure and literally helps me breath again. I love this product and it has literally become my best friend in the Spring. I use this along with my once a day allergy medication and it is just what I need. It helps relieve sinus pressure and sneezing caused by outdoor allergies. I would highly recommend trying this if you need relief from allergies, it is a great working product.

Congestion Relief
    AMAZING for helping you breathe and relieving sinus pressure. I could feel almost immediate relief, and I only need one pill a day. It lasts 12 hours for me.

Relief of Aches & Pains
    Advil really works to help with sinus headache relief.

Cough Suppression
    I haven't really used this when I have a cough, but I would imagine it works great since it is a great product.

Powerful 1 pill dosage

from IN

Comments about Advil Congestion Relief:

I love this Advil Congestion Relief medication. I live in a cold, snowy area and unfortunately winter colds always seem to come with the cold, windy weather. Over the years, I have tried, and been unsuccessful, with many other brands I have tried the more expensive,and the less expensive, however, I have had the best luck with Advil Congestion Relief. I really like that this product is a 1 pill dosage, easy to swallow, tasteless and quick acting. The addition of ibuprofen to the medication is great, this really helps with the fever and body aches that always accompany my colds. This means that I do not have to take several doses of different medications, which is expensive and can become confusing, keeping the times and dosages separate! This Advil offers very quick acting congestion, both in my chest and nose. After 1 dose, I can feel the relief beginning. This is a 1 dose, multi symptom relief medication you will come back to every cold!

• Cough Suppression:

Does not work as well as the OTC Advil cold medicine.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Advil Congestion Relief:

I usually purchase the Advil cold medicine that is sold over the pharmacy counter, however, I bought this by accident. I saw it out in the aisle and thought it was the same thing for some reason. I did not even think to look at the ingredients. I noticed that it did not work near as well for my nasal congestion almost immediately. That is when I looked at the ingredients and realized it was different. Phenylephrine does not work for me as well as pseudo-ephedrine. My nose was still congested and I could barely breathe. I still noticed the symptoms an hour after I took the medication. The good part of this medication is that it is safer for me than the other medication, but if it does not clear out my nose, then what is the point? I only use cold medicine sparingly so if it is bad enough to buy it, I want it to work really well. This medication did help with my sinus headache because of the ibuprofen that is included with the nasal congestion medication. However, I did not purchase this product again after that. It did not work up to my standards, so I do not recommend using it for your cold, if the cold is really bad.

Advil Congestion Relief is adequate in relieving nasal congestio

Comments about Advil Congestion Relief:

I recently came down with a cold. I turned to Advil Congestion Relief as a means to alleviate the symptoms I was experiencing. I was experiencing sinus pressure, sinus pain, headache, stuffy nose, runny nose, sore throat, occasional cough and a little chest congestion. Advil Congestion Relief relieved some of the sinus pain/pressure and headache. It never really went away, just dulled the pain. There was no relief from the chest congestion, cough, or sore throat. I did like that Allergy Congestion Relief is a one pill dose. The "take every four hour" directions were a bit much. By the time it would start working and I could get some relief and some sleep, it would be time for another dose. It also required the next dose at about the four hour mark to keep the symptoms dulled. Products work differently for every one, this just wasn't the one for me, during this particular cold. After a few days, I moved onto another Advil product that worked MUCH better than this, but it also included an additional medicine.

• Cough Suppression:

Great product for the price

from Texas

Comments about Advil Congestion Relief:

I bought this Advil Congestion Relief because I was suffering a huge cold that left me with congestion and a huge headache. The main reason for buying it was because I had a coupon and thought why not. The first thing I liked about it is that you only have to take one pill for each dose. Once I took my first pill I noticed my congestion clearing up and my head not aching as bad. This product works great. My husband also tried it for his severe allergy issues and said it worked well for him also. The only negative I have is that it doesn't seem to last long enough as I already start feeling my cold symptoms again before it's time for my next dosage of the pill. All in all a great product and I will continue to buy and have on hand in my medicine cabinet for future colds, congestion and allergy problems. I really liked that I could take one pill to help with congestion and pain all at the same time without making me drowsy.

My go to Medicine For Sinus Congestion

Comments about Advil Congestion Relief:

I got this medicine to try one time because nothing else was helping and to my surprise it worked great. This is my go to medicine when I feel a sinus infection coming. It works very quickly and lasts until it is time to take another dose unlike others that only last half the time. My only complaints would be price: too expensive but worth it in the long run and the fact that it don't have chest congestion with it.

Congestion Relief
    Works fast and lasts until it's time to take another dose.

Chest Congestion Relief
    Does not have chest congestion mixed in with it. I would much rather buy one product with everything in it instead of having to buy numerous products.

Relief of Aches & Pains
    It does help with headaches caused by the sinus congestion but if you are looking for something to treat other aches and pains then this isn't the product. It only has 200 mg of pain reliever per pill and you can only take one pill per 4 hrs. That is equal to 1 Advil which you can take 2 pills every 4 hrs. So like I said if you are looking for something for pain this is not it.

Cough Suppression
    Does not help with cough suppression. It is for sinus congestion!

• Cough Suppression:

great at relieving colds and sinus issues

Comments about Advil Congestion Relief:

With all the drastic weather changes we have been having lately, my sinuses and allergies have been very messed up. I felt miserable over the weekend, and my doctor was not open so I went to my local pharmacy and asked for what they recommended. They recommended Advil congestion relief. This worked great! I started taking it on a Friday evening. By Saturday afternoon, I was feeling some relief. It was easier to breathe out of nose. I was also less achy due to the ibuprofen.
    Now, Sunday, I feel almost back to normal. It is definitely great to know there are some reliable over the counter products that are effective in treating cold symptoms when you can't get into the doctor on the weekend.

Congestion Relief
    Great! I can breathe again!

Relief of Aches & Pains
    My aches and pains decreased within twenty four hours; within forty eight I was feeling back to normal. I did not experience any side effects with this medication.

Quickly relieves headaches

Comments about Advil Congestion Relief:

This product always relieves me of headaches, body aches, and cold symptoms. I often have headaches and I always take Advil and they are gone within the hour!

Congestion Relief
    This product always works so well for me.

Relief of Aches & Pains
    PERFECT for this. If you have ANY aches or pains, take Advil. It relieves me of headaches, joint pains, cramps, painful wounds, and even when I can't sleep it helps.

Cough Suppression
    surprisingly, this helps with this quite a bit! When I'm sick I take two Advil pills and some cough drops.