Other Washing Machines:

Admiral Super Capacity Top Load Washer

Pros

Cons

Great Basic Washing Machine--Made by Whirlpool

The Admiral is a basic washing machine sold exclusively by Home Depot. Originally, these were made by Maytag, but since 2006 or so, Whirlpool Corporation has owned the Maytag name and produced them. So, outside of the control panel, it is a Whirlpool through and through. I have had this machine for over a year now, and it makes the same identical noises as my old Whirlpool washer, has the same capacity, same settings, and the same agitator. It works like every other typical Whirpool top loading washer...basically, it's been reliable, holds a good amount of clothes, and cleans them well. It spins them out well for the type of machine it is, but your laundry is going to be wetter out of one of these than a new high-efficiency machine.

The machine is a very basic machine. There are three wash options...Normal, Permanent Press, and Gentle (which isn't very gentle but more in a minute). Normal is your standard fast agitation/fast spin, timer ranges from 6-18 minutes. Permanent Press is fast agitation/slow spin, with a cool down spray on the first spin. GENTLE is DIFFERENT. There is no slow agitation on this washer. It agitates at high for a few seconds, pauses and soaks for several seconds, and agitates again. This repeats for the 4-6 minutes that you set on the time. Spin is high speed after both wash and rinse. This setting is fine for most of my knits that I do on Gentle, but really delicate stuff better be handwashed or in a pillowcase. It's not terribly gentle.

There are 4 water temperatures....HOT, WARM, COOL, COLD. Hot isn't just straight tap hot anymore....the machine adds a little bit of cooler water to the load so the temperature is about 110F instead of the old 140F...still gets clothes clean and uses less energy (feds mandated that one...don't be disgruntled with the manufacturers). WARM, likewise, is about 85F vs. the old 100F. COOL is very hand....the machine adds just enough warm water to the mix so detergents will dissolve and work correctly. I use this the most to keep my colors bright and my powder detergent dissolved.

The only amenity this machine has is a bleach dispenser...no fabric softener. You need to either train yourself to listen for the rinse cycle or be satisfied with dryer sheets. Personally, dryer sheets don't bother me.

It's not the most gentle or quiet machine I've encountered, but it's very reasonably priced. If you need a good reliable workhorse that just cleans clothes...no bells and whistles, this machine will probably make you happy. I live mine for its simplicity and sturdiness!

Never again will i buy anything from this company!

This will probably be the most negative review I have ever written or will ever write, so here goes. I bought this machine not quite two and a half years ago and it's completely unusable at this point. I have had it repaired twice for two separate issues, and it continued to break down on us. Granted there are two adults and four children living in my home, but when I spend over $300 on a washer I expect to get more than a year before things start going wrong. This worked great when I got it and it's only been used for normal clothes and nothing heavy duty. I don't wash my comforters or any other bedding in there. So it has only been used for our everyday clothes. First thing that happened was leaking. We had that repaired and it did not leak again and I'm not sure why it was leaking in the first place but that was not a big deal. Then the next issue was that it was skipping the rinse cycle, which I think was a while coming because I noticed my clothes seemed to feel wierd and I think it slowly worked Its way to not rinsing at all. I again got the machine fixed and it seemed okay for several months, as far as mechanically goes. It seemed to stop cleaning out clothes as nice as it once did and I didn't like that at all, but had to make due as we were moving and needed to wait a while before purchasing another one. The final nail in its coffin was that it decided to totally quit the spin cycle. Of course it went through everything fine until it reached the spin out and then it would just sit still and drain out the water without spinning. At this point it's junk to me as I've already put too much money in it, and I didn't think it was worth anymore time or money. And I can't rely on it because it's been an on going problem for the last year straight. I really wanted to try the lower costing washer and dryer but I think it ended up being much more expensive because Of its numerous issues. I will never buy this brand again, it was a total disappointment. I don't recc.

Never again will i buy anything from this company!

About Me Frequent User

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
    • Doesn't Clean Effectively
    • Leaky
    • Noisy
    • Shakes/Moves

admiral is no general!

Comments about Admiral Super Capacity Top Load Washer:

This is a basic economy washer, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that other brands have and personally I don't think it needs them. I shouldn't need special laundry detergent to wash my clothes.

Energy Efficiency
      I love the different options in load size and water temperature which saves me money on my electric bill every month. It also has extra rinse and wash "difficulties" which also help on energy saving.

Cleaning Time
      The basic wash that me and my family use is usually about a 15 minute cycle which is awesome because with a little one I am usually on the go and quick washes make it easy to remember. Also it helps with fast loads when a lot of laundry to do.

I love this washer. I haven't had one issue with it at all and I have probably done one or two loads every day since I bought it.

the dials are extremely easy to use. if you can't figure them out then there is a good chance you have never done your own laundry before and should learn.

I don't hate or love the design. It's a washing machine I don't care what it looks like as long as it works.

seems durable so far. no issues in a year with every day use.

• Cleaning Time:

A very quiet washing machine

Comments about Admiral Super Capacity Top Load Washer:

I love it, a very quiet and durable washer. It gets my clothes really clean. It is so quiet I have to check it at times to see if it is on or not. I have a large family and the washer stands up to loads and loads of clothes. I recommend it o all who has limited space; but needs a good dependable washer.

• Cleaning Time:

I could not argue with the price!!

Comments about Admiral Super Capacity Top Load Washer:

I purchased my Admiral Washer about a year ago. I have a family of five, so I needed something with a decent capacity, affordability, & simplicity. With three children my washing machine runs constantly. I have not one complaint about this washing machine. It was super inexpensive, it gets the job done, and it's controls are so basic I was able to involve my ten year old in laundry duty.

Energy Efficiency
      I don't think this really is the most energy efficient model I could have chosen, and my upfront sticker happiness may cost me in energy in the long run. I still am happy with the product overall.

Cleaning Time
      This washer has a totally acceptable 10 minute Normal wash setting that I use most often. It's gentle cycle is six minutes and it cleans nicely in both of those time frames.

I think this washer really does the trick. My families clothes are clean, and in good condition. My only complaint in this department would be the fact that this puppy is NOISY!

Simple!! Basic wash cycles. I have involved my children in laundry chores since I purchased this machine, since I really don't have to worry about them doing something hugely wrong.

It's not the most sleek and elegant model on the floor, but is a very basic clean washing machine.

I give this machine a most rigorous lifestyle, it takes the abuse well and runs on for me day after day. I've had more expensive brands give out on me with less usage.

• Cleaning Time:

Very noisy but works great

Comments about Admiral Super Capacity Top Load Washer:

Like the tie says the machine works great, but it is very noise. It stops and starts when filling up and draining, so at first I thought it was broken but I guess that's how it works. It is very economical option and works great. Once you get used to the noise, or if you have a separate laundry room it would work wonders.

Energy Efficiency
      I actually don't remember if it is Energy star rated, but my bill is the same as with the washer I had before it. I don't know how you would be able to tell.

Cleaning Time
      You can adjust the soil level/ wash type so it can be a quick rinse or full on cycle. I pretty much always keep it on normal wash and regular soil level and it takes like 30 minutes.

I love it and have no complaints whatsoever. I've never had to re-wash anything.

just pour detergent and done.

Basic white. I was looking for the kind with blades, but I guess they don't make them like they used to. this one has the pillar in the middle but the blades are tiny and it does not damage clothes the way old school ones do.

I have had it for a year and a half. so far so good.

• Cleaning Time:

it is great in size performance and durability

from East Dublin, GA

Comments about Admiral Super Capacity Top Load Washer:

I think it is great. I would buy one like this again when this one wears out hopefully years from now

Energy Efficiency
      it is very quick and cleans my clothes great

it is everything I needand I just love it

I have not had a problem with it it has worked great

all I have to do is put my clothes in add detergent and push a button . how easy is that

I love how small mine is because there is just me and I don't need a big washer. it fits in te space I have just right

I love my new washer . my daughter has one like it and has used it for two years (4 loads a day every day ) and has never had a minutes trouble with it

Worth it!

from Arizona City, AZ

Comments about Admiral Super Capacity Top Load Washer:

I have only had one washer in my life and it was this one, I got it a few years ago with dryer (Also good!) and I am glad I went with this set and brand because I haven't had any major issues with either of them (Besides a leak that easily was fixed) and I would recommend this set to any one interested in getting a new washer or dryer. It handles 13 or so towels and I can gladly say I have used this rule and was able to successfully wash (and dry) them all in one good load. Good washer, and good brand.

a good washer

from Fayetteville, NC

Comments about Admiral Super Capacity Top Load Washer:

I like this washer for a lot of reasons. It definatly gets the job done and gets the clothing clean. We bought this washer just over six years ago when we moved into our house. It gets a lot of use with my family of five. We do a LOT of laundry in our home and it is still running strong after all this time. I am not sure how long washers are supposed to last, but after six years I think it is good for the bargian price we paid. We also got the matching dryer and both are still running great.

The only thing I wish was that I had a front loading washer with no aggitator so it would be easier to wash big comforters and things like that. I do have a queen comforter that I wash in this washer and it barely fits. If you had something larger like a king size I dont know if it would fit in this washer.

I would also like it it was a "greener" product and used less energy, but for the price of this washer you really cant beat it.

If I were in the market for a new washer when this one eventually stops working, and I was on a budget, I would consider choosing this one again. IT is on the "cheap" side as far as washers and dryers are conserned and the set of them has held up nicely. I have never had to wash it or take extra care of it, it has held up great through many many many loads of laundry and is still running strong. I would reccomend this brand to someone looking for a new washeer or dryer and they were on a budget. Like I said, just beware if you are planning on washing anything larger than a queen comforter, I dont think it will fit in this washer. Other than that this is a great buy!

Great Basic Washing Machine--Made by Whirlpool

from Portland, OR

Comments about Admiral Super Capacity Top Load Washer:

Our Admiral guides us through piles of laundry with ease!

from Fredericksburg, TX

Comments about Admiral Super Capacity Top Load Washer:

I would never recommend that anyone by the cheapest thing in the category of their spending just because. But this washer defies that recommendation. We bought the Admiral 3.2 Cubic Foot Super Capacity Washer three years ago on a budget to "just tide us over" until we could get something a little nicer. Now three years down the road, we have the money but no need to buy another washer because this one just keeps on ticking. As for any cons that we have about the washer it would be that because of the lower quality it has less features that one might need for washing clothes. It's not a fault of the dryer, but just don't expect lots of fancy bells and whistles because it doesn't have them. It does have what it takes to work well, which is really all you need.