Other Diets:
Weight Watchers
Rca_2014_normal

Weight Watchers

Pros

• Easy to use (4)
  • Tastes good / tastes fine (4)
  • No side effects (3)
  • Weight loss (3)

Cons

• Uneven performance (6)
  • Didn't work (5)
  • Not effective (5)

• Weight loss (7)
  • Daily use (4)
  • Maintaining weight (3)
    • Side Effects:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Exercise regularly (10), Health conscious (10), Overweight (7), Exercise frequently (3)
    • Female (17)
    • Where did you hear about this product?:
    • Other (6), Friend or family member (5), Newsletter or blog (3)
    • How many supplements do you use on a daily basis?:
    • 1-2 supplements daily (5)
    • Which of the following is the most important to you?:
    • Quality (11), Convenience (7), Price (4)

Weight Watchers: Not the healthiest food but it works.

**What you need to know:** At this point in the history of Weight Watchers there are a few different ways you can work this program.** I use the point system. **At one time I could eat between 18-23 points a day. This is based on my weight. The program now gives me a fixed number - 20 - with 35 points a week to use whenever I want. The math is the same; they have just put the numbers out a bit differently. I don't believe it matters.

All Weight Watchers products tell us how many points they have so there is no guessing. If you buy food (and you will since, unlike Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers food is not mandatory at all) that isn't the Weight Watchers brand, you will figure out how many points it has with the point finder you will get at meetings, online, with a Weight Waters Calculator or just by typing in Weight Watchers calculator in your browser.

You also must understand that the more fiber a product has, the lower the points will be. Weight Watchers food is counted first by looking at how many calories per grams of fiber a food has and then looking at the fat in a product. That will give me the number of points food is.

There are many foods that are not Weight Watchers brands but are promoted by the program because of their low points. Skinny Cow ice cream is one brand. Most vegetables have no points. One cup of light yogurt, one small glass of wine and a slice of high fiber bread with a thin apple slice and one slice of fat free cheddar cheese are all only 2 points.

**The Brand:**

What I said above might give you a clue that some foods you may be avoiding now, such as sugar and salt, are not considered at all in the Weight Watchers program. During a meeting a long time ago the leader said the scientists were working to lower the sodium content in Weight Watchers food. Years later the sodium content is still very high. Weight Watchers Four Cheese Frozen Pizza has 8 points, 7 grams of fat and 400 calories. It is a great option if you want pizza.

Since sugar isn't an issue with Weight Watchers, I have ice cream and desserts a lot. This is actually a problem and I will be glad to go back to my healthy eating.

You can find these items in any grocery store. Much harder to find are some specialty items that Weight Watchers makes such as small one serving bags of peanuts. At a meeting you can now find shakes, candy and various types of bars all of which are decent.

Other than on eBay you cannot buy Weight Watcher items on line. Could I do the Weight Watchers program without the frozen food? Probably not. For me that is too bad. There is no reason I can't have a healthy meal and count points. When my husband was doing the program with me we rarely had frozen food. I had a scale and we weighed our food and counted our points. When doing this alone buying frozen food is what I have to do.

**Some tips:**

Weight Watchers is about points and these points take into consideration serving size. Eating 4 ounces of a Weight Watchers product will be different than eating 6 ounces of other food. Other food may add 1 or 2 points to your daily count. In order to figure out what a serving is you can use your hand if you don't have a scale.

1. Your fist equals 1 cup or 1 medium whole fruit.

2. You'll find 1 ounce of meat or cheese by looking at your thumb - the tip to the base is 1 ounce.

3. One tablespoon can be measured by looking at the tip to the 1st joint of your thumb.

4. One teaspoon is also the top to the 1st joint but not of your thumb but your fingertip.

5. Your cupped hand equals 1-2 ounces of nuts or pretzels and your palm (without your fingers) equals 3 ounces of meat, fish or poultry.

I think the Weight Watchers program is excellent and although I would like to be eating less sugar and salt, for now it is working for me. I think the frozen meals, for the most part are actually delicious, as are many of the desserts.

The company has a quality pledge and welcomes questions or comments about their products. Their parent company is Heinz Frozen Foods.

*You can buy an online subscription to the Weight Watchers site for yourself or as a gift. You can also register someone for live meetings as a gift. ***Jo's Viewpoint**

**I like it!**

**[http://www.viewpoints.com/Weight-Watchers-Points-Calculator-review-a932][1] **

**[http://www.viewpoints.com/Weight-Watchers-Smart-Ones-Dragon-Shrimp-Lo-Mein-review-a8d61][2] **

[1]: ../../Weight-Watchers-Points-Calculator-review-a932

[2]: ../../Weight-Watchers-Smart-Ones-Dragon-Shrimp-Lo-Mein-review-a8d61

Weight Watcher is like AA for food-aholics!

**Like AA for food-aholics!** The program works ~ if *you* work it!

My  six month participation in Weight Watchers taught me several things:
Read complete review

**Like AA for food-aholics!** The program works ~ if *you* work it!

My  six month participation in Weight Watchers taught me several things:

1. While I liked the accountability & the "we're right there with you" stories from the leaders & other members, I get a little stubborn & independent when I feel like someone is directing me *too* much, so I did not end up working the program to its full extent!

2. If you aren't working the program and getting results ~ it's really *expensive!*

3. The online tracking & meal plans at weightwatchers.com are helpful, but the site is not as user-friendly as it needs to be.

4. Weight Watchers will give you lots of helpful tips for the emotional sabotaging that people tend to do to themselves.

5. During the time I was a member, I started the process of converting to an organic and low-grain lifestyle, so Weight Watchers' menu suggestions didn't apply to what I want to do.

6. Like I said, the program does work, *if* you work it ~ do what the leaders and the booklets tell you to do and you can be a success story!

The website was not as user-friendly as it should be!

Very helpful program

from Paintsville, ky

About Me Overweight

• Daily Use
      • Post-Birth Weightloss

Comments about Weight Watchers:

I loved the fact that you had a point system to follow. Much more effective if you keep the app and log everything in.

• 18-29
      • Convenience

I WILL NEVER SUPPORT THIS PROGRAM NOR WILL I EVER RECOMMEND

from Jacksonville Florida

About Me Exercise Regularly

Pros

Cons

• It IS all about the money,

Comments about Weight Watchers:

I went online to cancel my subscription because quiet frankly it didnt work for those of us doing it and then not only did I get charge two months in a row - they charged me for cancelling "early" because I didn't feel it worked for me and it was within the first 6 months. So much for money back guarantee - NEVER will I recommend this to anymore - you shouldn't have to continue to pay for or be penalized for a program that doesnt work for you

• getting my money back

Lifestyle

from West Palm Beach, Florida

About Me Exercise Regularly, Health Conscious

Pros

• Boosts Energy
          • Easy to Manage
          • Easy To Use
          • Helped Lose Weight
          • No Side Effects
          • Tastes Fine

• Daily Use
            • Energy Boost
            • Maintaining Weight

Comments about Weight Watchers:

Weight Watchers is an excellent lifestyle program. You can anything you want as long as you have the points for it, so nothing is off limits. I made the lifestyle change in 1999 and continue to keep the weight off.

• 30-44
            • 3-5 Supplements Daily
            • Convenience, Price, Quality

Money, it is all about Money

from Texas

About Me Diabetic, Exercise Regularly, Health Conscious, Overweight

Pros

• No Side Effects

Cons

• I am tired of hearing Opray.
            • Uneven Performance

Comments about Weight Watchers:

I quit because the prices kept going up, the instructors are non-caring and no one got in touch with me when I quit. Stop paying professionals for advertising and use the saving for the people who need to lose weight.

• 60+
            • 6+ Supplements Daily
            • Price

I would this product

from ERR, MA

About Me Athletic

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Uneven Performance

• Bodybuilding

• Male
            • 18-29
            • Newsletter or Blog

Very disappointed, very unhappy

from Winter Haven, FL

Comments about Weight Watchers:

I was ripped off by weight watchers. I paid for a special that covered three months (prepaid). They charged me again for the meetings. The meeting room is too small. Not enough seats for everyone. The line is extremely long, was in line for at least 30 minutes. They rip you off and then the meeting room is too small and the lines are way too long. Awful

• 60+
            • Quality

The plan is great but...

from Wauwatosa, WI

Comments about Weight Watchers:

Love the WW eating plan-I feel and look so much better BUT dealing with the billing and trying to use their website is a nightmare!! Hate it. I became a Lifetime member July 17 and I'm still be billed thru Sept. On the phone is 'offshore' helpers-very nice but very difficult to get anything done thru them.

• 45-59

terribly disappointed in the entire process

from Georgia

About Me Exercise Regularly, Health Conscious, Overweight

Pros

Cons

• customer service is terrible
              • online app not user friendly

Comments about Weight Watchers:

First, I signed up on recommendation of a friend who seems to like WW. Understanding the process was not very difficult. I had a personal coaching session and many questions were answered. I was encouraged to download the mobile app, saying it would be very helpful. I did. What a waste of money! It is not user friendly and provides no benefits over using the online app. Then, a few days later, the program went on sale for almost $20 less for the three month program I had purchased. I contacted customer service via e-mail who basically said, sorry, we cannot provide a refund. I then contacted customer service over the phone who said they would provide a refund and then do a new charge, the sum of which would be no net effect. Incredible! I should have looked at the many negative online reviews before I decided to start drinking the Kool-aid from this group.

• Convenience, customer service orientation, Price, Quality

Smart points are dumb!

from So cal

About Me Exercise Regularly, Health Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
                • Tastes Fine

Cons

• Uneven Performance

Comments about Weight Watchers:

I agree with all the recent reviews posted. I too am a lifetime member. I am never excessively over weight but do tend to gain a bit of extra weight every now and then, especially when I don't go to meetings. So this time I quit smoking last March and put on about 20 lbs. I tried using the Ww phone app but was confused by the new smart points system. So I went back to a meeting; where at which I was educated about the new program. While it gives some extra points, it is geared to keep you away from sugar and carbs. This totally defeats the purpose of weight watchers which previously allowed you to eat what ever you want. While ww claims that it still does that, two cups of Ice cream will kill your points for the day. A pint probably for the week. Having any kind of bread will also do you in. A burrito sized tortilla is now 11 points. I heard that it is because Oprah - a notorious diet fail took over the program. If so, what a joke. She is the last person who should be dictating a "healthy eating" program. Ww needs to rethink and go back to the old point system. While it may help to lose weight, it is now a diet and not a life style.

• 3-5 Supplements Daily

SmartPoints too Restrictive! WW needs to give members choice

from Marysville, WA

About Me Exercise Regularly, Health Conscious, Health Professional

Pros

Cons

• Not Effective
                  • Not realistic
                  • Uneven Performance

Comments about Weight Watchers:

I have been a Weight Watcher member since 2002. I was doing just fine with the Points Plus system, then in January 2016, Weight Watchers converted everyone over to the "SmartPoints" system. This new system penalizes you, if you have a sugary treat, by tacking on extra points. I no longer see this as a realistic option for lifetime. I preferred having the option between the Core Plan and the Points Plus System. Now, there we are not given a choice and this feels like a "diet" not a new lifestyle. The beauty of Weight Watchers before, is that they would meet the individual where they were at. It is not realistic to expect someone, who is obese and eating tons of carbs, to all of a sudden, go to eating vegetables and fruits, and ditching all complex carbs. Interesting enough, I noticed this change came with Oprah buying out Weight Watchers. Her idea is not going over with a lot of people....too drastic for many of us, who used to love Weight Watchers.