3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

It's a Lifestyle Change

I joined the Jenny Craig program about 10 years ago and it worked really well for me, I lost about 35 lbs very quickly and was really excited about it. It's not easy to lose weight on your own, having a "coach" a long the way really helps you stay focused on your goals and accomplishments. Not only does it give you the accountability every week, but it also teaches you portion control and promotes healthier eating habits. It helps you to make better choices when you are out there on your own eating real food. I started to view food and my health in a completely different way and by being on this program, it all started to finally make sense to me.

If this is the road that you decide to take, it will definitely work if you work the program, but be prepared to face the hardest part of weight lose which is maintaining your goal once you reach it. If you struggle all those months to get the weight off, it's really much harder to keep it off. I refused the maintenance program and had to learn the hard way that "if you do what you did, then you will get what you got" unless you make (and keep) the change. Jenny Craig gives you that change, this program gives you all the tools so that you can manage your weight on your own, but you have to actually implement what you learn into your life. If you think the cost is too high try sitting down for a few mintues and adding up everything that you spend per week on fast food, snacks that you buy in the market, soda, and whatever else that is contributing to you being over wieght and you'll be surprised, this program could actually save you money and maybe even your life.

Not supportive!

**I was so disappointed with Jenny Craig.  I have tried everything- this was my last resort.  First of all, it took a lot for me to walk into a building that said "weight loss" really big above it and admit to someone that i have a weight problem.  I was really excited to meet a consultant and actually have someone support me and believe in me.  Well, I have a slight allergy to hazelnuts (never been proven), my tongue just sort of goes numb, but I still eat them.  I wrote that on the form under allergies.  So, I sit down in her office and she says tell me about your hazelnut allergy, so I tell her.  She says well "I already know what corporate will say, we cannot accept you in the program".  I was like  'thats it, even though it is so mild, I really need help".  She said "well thanks for coming in".   THATS IT.  She didn't refer me to any other place or sit and talk to me- she basically just shooed me out the door- I was a wreck after I left that place.  I felt like it was my last hope- and I keep having to jump over all these obstacles.  To me that was not professional at all and she did not empathize with me at all.  I do not recommend Jenny Craig!**

**I can understand that they have to be careful of lawsuits and what not but they should also be supportive and realize how hard it is for people to go in there.**

There's Better Ways to Diet

Comments about Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program:

I remember seeing Jenny Craig being advertised and decided to try it out. However, the meals that were given were not filling at all. I felt my stomach was empty the majority of the time, and although I was able to hold out a few weeks- I gave up just as quick and regained my weight. The fact that I had to pay made this program even worse. I did not have the money to keep telling myself I needed to diet only to regain the weight back. I would suggest you spend money on things such as recipes that incorporate healthier nutrients into everyday foods so you feel happy while losing weight.

Works if you have the money- otherwise, I'd say people should look elsewhere in general.

Side Effects
I was always hungry with this diet, and so I would often lose weight and regain it back twice as fast because I would trick myself into believing I could have more food since I didn't eat as much the week before.

I guess it's not too bad of a diet program- but the fact you have to continually give up money to have others tell you what to eat and when is a major turn off.

• Side Effects:

Good for a jump start, but not longterm

Comments about Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program:

I did this program for three months. I did lose weight, but I got absolutely sick of the food, and sick of not having any money. The Jenny Craig program does not teach you how to eat. It does not teach you to balance food and exercise. It teaches you to buy their food. I have to say that I was hungry. I didn't just outright quit the program, I just started to find myself cheating here and there, then a little more, then a lot more, until I was totally not using it.

If you really want to lose weight for life, try weight watchers. It isn't quick, but you will learn the tools you need for the rest of your life. You won't get that from Jenny Craig.

This is good for a jump start, but the food is expensive if you have to feed yourself their food, then feed your family something else. I could only take it for three months.

Side Effects
The only side effect is that you will get tired of the food.

The program is pretty easy. Just eat their food. Simple.

A better program teaches you how to eat for the rest of your life, and use real food to do it.

• Side Effects:

Expensive and I was always hungry

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program:

I tried Jenny Craig because I wanted a diet that I would not have to worry about counting calories or what I could and could not eat. It was expensive, but when you think about the amount of money that you spend on regular food for the week, it isn't as bad as it seems. I had the most problems with the portion control and the taste of the food. The portions were very small, as expected, but they did not come to close to making me feel full. I was always hungry and it caused me to get discouraged and want to eat things that I should not have. The meals did not taste the best at all, I have had better diet frozen dinners from the grocery store than what Jenny Craig offered. This diet did not work for me, and I did not see results as I thought I would have.

I do not think a diet should make you feel hungry. The limited, small portion sizes were not enough for me, and I was always feeling hungry. This diet was more of a chore in my opinion.

Side Effects
The only side effect that I felt was pure hunger. I was always hungry and not looking forward to eating the next Jenny Craig meal.

• Side Effects:

Works if you have the money to spend on it.

Comments about Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program:

Results will happen if you can afford to stay on the program. The lifetime membership is not all that bad, but the cost of food is expensive. I belonged to Jenny Craig (and still am a lifetime member) years ago. I did enjoy the food, it had a lot of flavor, but cost way to much. I lost the weight and the one on one was okay when I first started. You usually get the same representative, but when she leaves you start all over with another. Need a location closer to where I live

Very effective, but way too costly. If you have a lot to lose, it will get very expensive. You have to buy 3 meals a day. This does not include your veggies and fruits. (which by themselves are getting expensive).

Side Effects
I did not have any side effects. Always felt great and had quite a lot of energy. This only works if you follow their program.

If they would have a location closer to where I live I would probably go back to them. But with the price of gas these days I do not like to travel forty five minutes to weigh in. Their meals are easy to prepare, but way too expensive.

Works, but expensive

Comments about Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program:

I have tried diet, after diet, after diet. Two of my friends were on Jenny Craig. I saw the results that they were having and I wanted it too!!! Making an appointment was really easy and they set you up with your own counselor. When I met with the counselor I felt very at ease, I did not feel pressured at all. Part of me was a little afraid that I would be pushed into something and that was not the case all. Jenny Craig had so many different food varieties to choose from. I really liked that. What was even better was that the food tasted really good. I mean by no means is it gourmet food, but I have eaten diet type foods all my life so to me the food tasted good. The best part about Jenny Craig is that you don't have think, it's all done for you. You just pick your allotted food for the week and you are good to go. It's all about convenience. However, after a certain amount of time, it became too expensive for me. It's the only reason for why I did not stay longer with it. I did see a little difference in my weight, but I really wasn't on it long enough for it to really be able to make a difference.

• Side Effects:

Weight loss for your wallet.

Comments about Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program:

If your wallet is too heavy because it is full of extra cash, this will help with that as well as produce temporary weight loss. Sure, I lost weight with this plan, because I was getting portion controlled meals, but when I stopped the plan and went back to eating 'real' food that didn't come in a Jenny package, I was right back where I started.

Kirstie Alley is a great example of what this diet does for you in the long run. Yes she lost weight, as did I, but the results were temporary and unsustainable. Nobody can or would suggest eating nothing but Jenny food for the rest of your life, so right from the very start you know you are looking at something temporary.

This is a great business plan for them because now you'll be a returning customer because you WILL gain back the weight when you go back to the way you were eating as soon as you stop the plan.

You will lose weight as I did, but you will also gain it all back again, because this diet does not address how to do it without them. This is great for the company, terrible for the customer. It's a cycle of co-dependence that keeps you coming back for more, gaining and losing over and over.

Side Effects
The side effects for this type of diet are the same as with any yo-yo effect dieting. Start the plan and lose the weight, only to go off the plan and gain it back. Now you have to lose the weight again, only it's a little bit harder because of the last time you lost the weight. Round and round on the cycle of weight-loss and weight gain, but you end up nowhere.

It's very easy while you are on the plan. Unfortunately once you stop the plan you are right back where you started.

Great weight loss program

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program:

I absolutely love the Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program. The cookbooks, meals and advise are all very helpful. I own the book, "Jenny Craig Cookbook: Cutting Through the Fat", and use it to prepare meals often. The Jenny Craig commercials are so memorable. They are the only commercials that have believable celebrities endorsing their products and services. It is so inspiring and motivating to go on the Jenny Craig website and see all of the before and after photos of actual people who had success with the Jenny Craig Diet. I went to a Jenny Craig consultation and set personal goals for weight loss. They explained to me how the program works and provided menu selections. They gave me a ton of helpful advise about eating healthy and exercising. The atmosphere at the Jenny Craig location is so positive and inviting that I leave there feeling renewed after every visit. I have lost twenty pounds on the Jenny Craig Diet. I'll be at my ideal weight when I lose 20 more pounds. It took me several months to lose the first twenty pounds because I had to totally change the way I ate. This is a great weight loss program and it is definitely worth trying.

So Supportive

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program:

My favorite part about being on this diet was that I could call in anytime and get support and advice. Whether I had food questions or just needed some accountability not to reach for that cookie, my personal consultant was always there for me.
I am often an emotional eater, so having someone to encourage me has been crucial. Knowing that I am accountable to someone is really quite motivating too.
With 2 children at home, I don't have time to attend weekly meetings or pick up my meals. I love that I can have the food delivered right to my door and can still talk to my consultant on the phone.

Great accountability and motivation.

Side Effects
Good portion control, no noticed side effects.

The delivery option works so well for me. I have two young children and couldn't get out to meet with my personal consultant and pick up meals. Having them brought straight to my door saves grocery shopping time as well.

• Side Effects:

It works if you stick to it.

Comments about Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program:

The Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program actually works and does help you lose weight, only if you work hard and stick to it. I joined the program last year and began eating the meals that were sent to me. I was exercising the entire two weeks I was on the program. I ate nothing but the meals that were sent to me. At the end of two weeks, I had went down five pounds which made me really happy.
The meals did not taste bad at all, but they just weren't fulfilling, or satisfying. After eating them for two weeks straight, I began my third week in the program but found myself snacking on other foods more than three times a day. It felt like cheating, but it was during the third week when I realized that the Jenny Craig meals were not doing it for me anymore. They weren't filling me up and I would eat other foods that were unhealthy. The meals weren't cheap to buy either. After the first two weeks I just felt like I was wasting my money on these meals that I wasn't enjoying anymore. I finished my third week and never used Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program after that again. However, I was very satisfied with the results of those few weeks.

• Side Effects:

Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program works, but is expensive.

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program:

I tried the Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program after I had my first child. I was successful at losing the extra pounds I gained during my pregnancy. There are a variety of meals and foods to choose from so you do not feel as deprived as you may on some other diet plans. I saved up throughout my pregnancy because I knew I wanted to give this Jenny Craig a try. The cost of the registration fee and meals can be overwhelming if you are on a tight budget.

This program takes much of the research and time out of figuring out how to lose weight and plan meals and snacks. Jenny Craig does it all for you and provides you with a support system also. You have to be disciplined enough to stick to the plan. I do think that with a little bit of time and planning you can accomplish the same thing for a lot less money.

Side Effects
I did not suffer any negative side effects while on the Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program.

Jenny Craig does all the work. It is very convenient.