Other Diets:

The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno

Pros

Cons

• Side Effects:

Real food for real women

I work in the fitness industry so I have been surrounded for years with people trying to lose weight.  I used to recommend people going to Weight watchers or a similar program, but would be so sad to see people lose weight and then gain it back later.  I now recommend the Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno.  It isn't a diet, but a lifestyle change to a healhty way of eating.  There is no starvation, no calorie counting and no gimmics.  That is what I love.  It is simple to follow and everything is easy to find in the local grocery store.  It is very heart healthy and works for most people.  Of course, I would recommend that anyone who needs to lose weight to first speak with their family doctor first.

I know many people who have lost weight on this diet while eating more than they ever had in the past.  They have more energy, feel fantastic and look great.  They just glow with their overall confidence that they have finally ditch the starvation diets and are eating real food.

As opposted to what? Eat dirty?

This is just another gimmick. It cracks me up to even read the title - eat CLEAN....as opposed to what? Eat DIRTY? This idea is really stretching it a bit - well, more than a bit. It is really stretching the limits. What I find interesting is that people will buy the book out of sheer desperation. I know this lady in her mid 30's who said she is eating this way because she really understands the concept. Well, if you could see the size of her behind, you would laugh yours off. lol It is really silly that we would go through such lengths to do things to our bodies when all we have to do is pay attention to them. Why even buy this trash and pretend that we know what we are doing? Clean is for houses, not for diets. Besides diet is a dirty word. The first three letters in diet spell the word die. Does that tell you something? Someone should write a book about that and tell the truth about these insane diets that keep everyone stupid, starving, and broke. Why or why do we continue to support this stuff? Just another diet book with pages and pages of junk. The good thing though is that the fad dies down and then folks move on but the bad part is that they will move on to some other trash book. Spend more money, eat less, lose a few pounds and go and say that they love the book because they lost weight. Don't you find this funny? In a few weeks, they show up all fat again with a new book. Eat clean - another eye-roll of a book. Always pay attention to the credentials of the person who wrote the book. If they do not have a medical degree, then move on. There are also some fad doctors just out to make a buck or two but there are not as many of those as there are these nuts who want to say some stupid things and expect that it will work and they will get rich to boot. Well, at least they try I guess and they probably get human nature!

Smart way to spent you money

Comments about The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno:

Eating less and moving more are the basics of weight loss that lasts. For some people, prescription weight loss drugs may help.

You'll still need to focus on diet and exercise while taking these drugs, and they're not for everyone.

Doctors usually prescribe them only if your BMI is 30 or higher, or if it's at least 27 and you have a condition that may be related to your weight, like type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure. You should be on a low-fat diet (less than 30% of your daily calories from fat) before taking orlistat. If you are committed to making a healthy lifestyle change, try this diet pill.

Side Effects
Things about sede effects you ch ould know espacially for how eat fast food . include abdominal cramping, passing gas, leaking oily stool, having more bowel movements, and not being able to control bowel movements.

These side effects are generally mild and temporary. But they may get worse if you eat high-fat foods.

Good tips

Comments about The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno:

I have tried almost every diet out there, and this is one that I think is actually sustainable. Most of the recommendations were familiar to me now that I've been reading and experimenting with healthy eating for a while. It's a bit more tough on the no-fat requirement than I'm used to, but it stresses good carbs, good fats, and combining carbs with lean protein to keep a full feeling there. I also like eating the 5-6 times a day.

What is also really great is that it includes great lists of pantry goods to fill your cupboards and refrigerator with. I find that it makes it easier for me to choose healthy options. It also introduces concepts in a simple and easy-to-grasp mapper.

Tosca is full of excitement and enthusiasm, which is actually pretty infectious. This is tempered with helpful information and personal experience and doesn't feel empty.

Why not give it a try?

• Side Effects:

Eating clean is the way to go.

Comments about The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno:

I think eating clean is absolutely the way to go and this diet will be so beneficial for your health. The thing I love about this diet is that it is not just focused on weight loss. It is focused on improving your overall health. Eating clean will allow you to lose weight but will also heal so many other parts of your body. This diet promotes an all over healthy lifestyle. The recipes are great and are not bland at all. They give you a ton of new ideas for things to try in the kitchen. The idea behind this is to eat things as close to their natural state as possible. I alter some recipes because I cannot afford all the ingredients. Eating clean can be expensive. There are also a lot of ingredients that you can only get at specialty stores. Therefore, I do substitute things when I use these recipes. Overall, it is a great diet and really will benefit your health. I would highly recommend trying it.

It has been incredibly effective for me. I feel better and lose weight on this diet. It also makes my skin look better. There are a number of benefits to this diet plan. Stick with it and it will be worth it.

Side Effects
I have experienced no side effects while using this diet.

It is not easy to use but it is completely worth it. It requires meal preparation and a lot of cooking. It also requires hunting down ingredients. However, your body will thank you!

• Side Effects:

Eat-Clean Speaks For Itself!

Comments about The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno:

This is the perfect diet, in my opinion. I wouldn't even call it a diet, rather a plan outlined to help you lead a more healthy eating lifestyle. I wasn't introduced to this diet plan by my mother who mentioned it, after she had done her own research on diet plans. I've tried so many, and never heard of the Eat-Clean Diet, so I thought why not try it out. The benefits sounded good. Basically, with this diet, you must completely cut out all the "bad" foods. For example, fatty foods and foods that are high in sugars. Any prepackaged junk food is thrown out the window, with this diet plan. I didn't have trouble letting go some of my favorite foods, but some carbs were hard to cut down on. I think if you are a carb lover, this plan wouldn't work for you. If you are good at sticking to rules, I think this is a really good diet plan for you to try. I started this plan about 3 months ago, and I maintain a healthy weight, and have good energy thanks to the Eat-Clean diet! I would highly recommend it to all people looking for a good diet.

I loss weight on this diet, so yes it's effective!!

Money Well Spent

from Concord, NC

Comments about The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno:

If you're like me, counting calories doesn't work. Starving yourself doesn't work. You want to lose weight but you've got to eat! The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno is the best place to start. This book changed my perception of what weight loss was. No more torture, no more giving up. It will completely change your idea of what weight loss can mean. Everything is possible, and this book teaches you how to get the body you want, how to be healthier and still eat like you want.

The book contains chapters for gluten free dieters, which is very important to a lot of people who can't tolerate gluten in their diets. It also has a chapter for vegan dieters, and even a chapter for men because, well, us ladies aren't the only ones who want a healthier lifestyle.

It's very helpful for planning meals, and teaches you how to organize your weekly menu. It even helps you with the dreaded grocery store trips. There are planners included in the book that make everything a breeze.

I'll admit that Tosca Reno is a little on the obnoxious side to me in her commercials and promotional segments, but the book is so much easier to deal with. And once I started to lose weight, I no longer cared how loud and peppy she was on her TV spots. She knows her stuff.

I'll also admit I picked this book up at a yard sale for 50 cents, but after reading it and making changes in my diet (and my dress size!), I can tell everyone that it's worth the cost if you have to pay full price.

If you are committed to making a healthy lifestyle change, try this book. Consider it a "How To" manual for making smarter dietary choices. You'll look and feel great!

• Side Effects:

This diet is a great life style change.

Profile Image

from West Virginia

Comments about The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno:

I love this diet. You can use it in conjunction with any other diet you are on but the great thing about this diet is that it's not so much a diet as it is a lifestyle change. The diet is exactly what it says. You're eating clean.

The idea behind this diet is that you eat clean foods. You get foods as close to the source as you possibly can. With this diet, instead of processed, chemical ridden, unnatural foods, you're eating clean. Instead of frozen foods, eat fresh garden foods. Instead of meats with dyes and additives, get things from a butcher.

I love the ideas behind this. The book walks you through it all. By using this book, I was able to lose my first ten pounds and jump start my lifestyle change.

The book tells you exactly what to trade out in your meals, where you can look for food items, and it shows you how to store and pack meals for later so that you always have clean food.

This diet is truly something we can all try to implement in our lives. I love the idea of getting back to nature and eating foods that are from nature and earth. The food is as little unfooled around with as possible. I still live by these principles.

This may not be a miracle weight loss program, but it is a lifestyle change that helps you feel healthier. I managed to lose my first ten pounds on this diet within a few weeks and have continued

Side Effects
The only side effects to this diet was me feeling great and great about myself.

It was a little hard at first to implement lifestyle changes but after I got used to making changes it was easy. The only difficult part is spending on a budget.

Yummy Food!

Comments about The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno:

The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno is not your typical diet plan. Instead of telling you to watch your calories and cut back on your intake of food, the book gives you healthy recipes that taste good and make you feel great. The food mentioned in this book helps fill you up quickly so that you don't feel the urge to snack on unhealthy items, and it's a great way for people to start having a healthier lifestyle.

I was on this diet and am still on this diet. Through the Eat-Clean Diet, I have learned how to incorporate healthier eating choices into my daily meals, as well as replace some fatty ingredients in my favorite foods with healthier options. I have learned the importance of eating small meals every few hours rather than 2 big meals a day. The Eat-Clean Diet helped me lose weight as well as maintain my weight whenever I needed it. Whenever I aim to lose a few more pounds, I simply incorporate exercise. The Eat-Clean Diet is a diet that works- but like every other diet, you have to commit to it. However, the Eat-Clean Diet gives you nourishing meals so that you never go hungry.

The Eat-Clean Diet works very well in giving you filling food that makes you feel and look great! You don't have to count your calories- instead, you find delicious recipes that work to curb your unhealthy cravings!

Side Effects
Very little side effects- I'd say the hardest thing about the Eat-Clean Diet is trying to change your eating habits.

Very easy to use. Although it was hard for me to adjust my lifestyle to eating and preparing healthier meals, I must admit the Eat-Clean Diet recipes are amazing and leave me feeling more rejuvenated than ever!

• Side Effects:

Not a diet, a lifestyle choice that works

Comments about The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno:

Tosca's Eat Clean Diet Recharged is a great way to lose weight when combined with a cardio and strength training program. There aren't any gimmicks. There's no prescribed calorie counting. There's no pre-ordered meal plan. There is no "protein only" nonsense. There is no asking you to turn into a caveman and only eat of that which existed when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Tosca's Eat Clean Diet Recharged offers a no nonsense plan that works.

Tosca's diet plan is simple and focuses on nutritional education instead of dieting. Her "diet" consists of no processed foods (i.e. nothing that comes pre-made in a box or is filled with sugar), fresh fruits, and fresh veggies. She provides lists and recipes of how to stock your refrigerator and sample meal plans that are easy to follow.

The three most challenging part's to Tosca's diet are ridding your system of processed foods, planning your meals in advance, and not returning to your old ways. I admit once you've grown accustomed to processed foods, it is difficult to take them out of your system. There is a little bit of withdrawal and it does seem to inconvenient at first to plan your meals in advance. Fortunately, the withdrawal only lasts about a week and then you start craving fresh fruits and veggies.

Soon, you find your metabolism is kicking back in. That 2pm slump you used to feel when you needed your energy the most is also gone. It has been replaced with this internal mechanism that tells you when to eat and to crave foods that are good for your body. Your skin begins to clear and your clothes fit better than ever.

I had huge success following Tosca's plan for about a year and a half. The only time the weight came back is when I ate something processed. Stick to the principles and make it a lifestyle and results will follow.

Hugely successful.

Best I've had

Comments about The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno:

Tosca Reno has done a great job putting together the Eat-Clean Diet. This is the latest diet program that I have tried, and it has helped me finish losing the weight I wanted to and keep the weight off. When I lost weight before, I put it back on fairly quickly, but with the Eat-Clean Diet, it has been gone for months and is not coming back. Her recipes are flat out delicious. The selection is huge, even for the pickiest of eaters. One thing that I have found encouraging is Tosca's blog. She posts some very good tips and tricks and recipes on their. I like that she has such a wide variety of books to choose from and you can pull very good information from each. Her rules to eating healthy are for every restaurant, no matter where you go. By taking to heart her eating tips and combining them with her workout tips, I have been able to lose twenty pounds. Give this diet a try. It worked for me and I'm sure it will work for you. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

• Side Effects:

Definitely effective if followed correctly.

Comments about The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno:

Let me start by saying that this clean eating is a good way to change your eating habits and possibly lifestyle. I used this as a stepping stone to help me become a vegetarian. They recipe's are pretty good. Within 2 weeks I did notice my energy level definitely changed and I lost 2 inches off my waist. Pretty easy menu to shop off of and it isn't too pricey. I recommend for anyone serious about losing weight and keeping it off.