2.8

2.8

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Ticketmaster is an convenient and reliable way to buy tickets

Ticketmaster.com is a pretty convenient way to buy concert tickets. It's easy to use and reliable.  I especially like it for buying concert tickets for shows that aren't close enough to me for me to go buy tickets in person in advance.  While it's a bit more expensive than buying the tickets at the venue in person, since they tack on some extra service charges, it balances out in not costing me the gas money and time and hassle of making an extra trip just to pick up tickets or the worry of getting to the show and not being able to get tickets or having to settle for whatever seats are left over.  Plus, there's no waiting in line.

You can order tickets online and have them mailed to your house at no extra charge.  There is a print-your own option, but I have never used it.  I feel more comfortable with the pre-printed tickets.  You can pay extra for express delivery to your house, in case you waited until the last minute, but if you order early enough to use regular postal delivery, it's free.  And it's fast.  Really fast.  Like I've always recieved my tickets in less than a week.  And they come in a fairly non-descript envelope, to help reduce temptation for someone to swipe them out of your mailbox.  It's not a giant bright colored envelope that says "CONCERT TICKETS INSIDE" in great big print.  So you'll want to watch your mail a little extra closely when you're waiting on tickets to arrive just to be sure that you don't accidently throw it away.

The site itself is very easy to navigate.  You can even use it to find out what events and concerts are coming to your area or a certain venue soon.  You can search by the name of the band, team, event, etc you want to find, the date you want to find, or the city, or the venue.  It's simple.  You just find the event you want tickets for, then you can choose what type of seats you want by price or by where you would like to sit (reserved seats, general admission, floor tickets, upper deck, vip area, etc) or by "best available", then enter how many tickets you want and the site will offer you the best seats available in the section or price range you specified.  You have a few minutes to complete your order to get those tickets or they will be offered up to someone else.  While this method is fair, I wish the time limit was a bit longer.  Like if you had say 15 minutes instead of closer to 5 might be nice.  But most of the time, It doesn't take me that long to decide whether or not to buy that set of tickets.  Then you confirm that you want to buy the tickets and pick your shipping method and pay by credit card.  You can choose to save your info and not have to enter your billing adress and credit card info and all every time you use the site, but for greater privacy and security, I go ahead and enter it every time instead of saving it.  They send email confirmation of your order and send you a notice again when your tickets have been shipped.

I do wish that when you have an account already registered with them that it would do a better job of setting your local area.  I live in Northwestern,Arkansas and have only bought tickets from them for shows in Oklahoma City, Dallas, Tulsa, and Little Rock, but for some reason, ticketmaster pre-sets my local area as Memphis and doesn't try and show me the shows in the citys that I'm really most likely to want.  I have to search for them.  It's not a big hassle, but could be an area for improvement.  In general, it might be cool if the site were a bit more personalized, like if it featured recommended shows for cities or venues that you have bought tickets to before for the kinds of shows you've bought tickets before.  Like if I've bought tickets to a couple heavy metal concerts in the Dallas area in the last couple of months, my home page should come up with info on other heavy metal concerts in the Dallas area. Or if I've bought tickets for several different things happening at the Ford Center in Oklahoma City, it could come up displaying things that are about to be at the Ford Center.   A lot of other shopping sites have that capability, I wish ticket master did.

I love that ticketmaster tickets feel as reliable as tickets you bought at the ticket booth.  I've bought tickets from online auctions and from the newspaper and from people in parking lots at events and often worried a lot about whether the tickets were going to arrive at all, or on time, or be genuine when they arrive.  I've heard a lot of sad stories about people getting scammed buying tickets online or from the classifieds or from scalpers and the tickets not ever actually arriving or being counterfeit or otherwise invalid.  It would really stink to pay good money, drive for hours to get a concert, and then find out my tickets weren't good.  I never fear with ticketmaster.  They're real, authorized, ticket dealers.  They only sell first-hand normal tickets, from the venue to you.

They even offer insurance at a little extra cost so that if you can't make it a show for a valid reason like illness or having to work or car trouble or something, you can get a refund.  I've never purchased the insurance, but I could see if your sitution was a little more uncertain or the tickets to the event that you were purchasing were especially expensive, it might be worth it.  Without purchasing the insurance, though, the tickets aren't refundable.  You're stuck with them regardless.

Customer service is okay at ticketmaster.  I've never had any trouble with any tickets I bought directly from them and used myself.  But I did once have trouble with tickets that I bought on ebay that came from them originally, but I'd bought from a reseller, and then I accidently damaged one of the two tickets really badly and though it was legible and still attached to the other verifiable ticket, it would no longer scan .  They don't offer you any protection if you bought the tickets from a reseller, and don't even seem very sympathetic. I understand that they may deal with people trying to commit fraud all the time, but my tickets were clearly not fraudulent.  Even if the girls at the counter were bound by policy to not honor my second ticket, they should have as human beings been bound by human decency to at least pretend to care when another person was distressed.  But it did seem that if I were to have bought those tickets from ticketmaster directly for myself that they might have been able to help me.  If my ID had matched the original buyer and I had the original credit card number used to purchase them, they would have been able to reissue the ticket.  So I guess if you use ticketmaster the regular way, you're not always out of luck if you damage your ticket.  And really, you should keep your tickets safe in the first place,right?  I can't complain too much about that one rare bad experience.

If a show was in my own hometown where I could just go to the venue box office and buy a genuine ticket at face value without any service charges added on, I would do that instead of using ticketmaster.  But for shows that are out-of-town, it's easy, fast, reliable, and a worth the extra surcharge.

I hate HATE DESPISE Ticketmaster & they often can't be avoided!

Ticketmaster revolutionized the process of going to popular concerts and shows, figuring out how to make money off the businesses who book acts into their venues and off the people who buy tickets.   They have been around for more than 25 years and I've resented and hated the way they do business ever since they first came on the market.

I'm amazed that the general public puts up with it.

Imagine if  you will  calling or going on line and connecting with your local record or video store to reserve tan item you want to buy.  Then you pay taxes and handling charge and then you pay another 6 dollar service charge.    Now if you go to the record or dvd store when you are supposed to and your item is not available,  you will either have to wait for up to a few months for it to be available and you might have to pay another fee  OR  you will get only a PARTIAL refund.

If you get confused while you are trying to buy, you won't get any help from a real live person in any conventional manner either.   There's a time-limit and you have to complete your transaction or it won't go through. There are also lots of companies and scam artists who have set up rip-offs using the actual Ticketmaster.com site  and people who get 'taken' wait months or years before they get refunds.   There are also lots of look-a-like sites out there too.. so be careful.

Sometimes even though you think you are getting the same opportunity to get the good seats like everyone else... you are not.   Many tickets and special buys and discounts are held back from the public and how this is done varies.    Ticketmaster has also been very slow in implementing any checks or balances into their system to prevent ticket scalpers from buying large blocks of tickets which THEY will then sell for much higher prices to the public.  After lots of lawsuits and even regulatory and government action it is much better than it used to be.. but still there are lots of problems.

It is almost impossible if you want to see a particular rock band or show to avoid using Ticketmaster.

So  having no choice, and being forced to pay somewhere between 8 to 15 dollars in additional fees for every single ticket you buy...does it work okay?   Wait .. wait.. I should also mention that If you need the tickets mailed to you over-night... they will charge not just the cost of using overnight or priority mail but an added handling charge for that as well...  So if you wanted tickets very quickly mailed to your house (perhaps you are giving one or more away as a gift?  It might cost you  the price printed on the ticket plus another $30 dollars PER TICKET before you are done.  So a $65 dollar ticket now becomes a $95 ticket,  a $130 dollar night out.. oh we better add another $20 bucks for parking... a $150 dollar night out now costs  $210 dollars.

And Ticketmaster.com is still number ONE.   We  the general public... pay and pay some more and put up with it.. so we can sit in the same zip code as a famous rock band....

There's a bit of a learning curve when you first use the service.  For the most popular concerts and shows you may only have a few minutes to buy tickets when they first come available.  You can be on the system in most cases fairly quickly and then you pick tickets and have a few minutes and a few minutes only to buy the tickets or you'll have to start the process all over again and you might lose you opportunity to buy a ticket for a very popular event.

If the system hiccups, if your computer is very slow, if the server is over crowded.. tough luck... you might not get a ticket.    Sometimes, though it is rare, there are technical problems and you find out days or weeks later you didn't actually buy the ticket or any ticket to the event that you thought you did.    Usually you are out of luck when this happens.  You also might notice that even though your purchasing tickets in the first minutes they are available the supposed BEST SEAT AVAILABLE is a mediocre one.  You pretty much have to take it if you want to go to a popular concert but you wonder what special group or who has finagled the system to get the best tickets?  Sometimes a block of tickets are kept off the site until a LATER date.   This done, says Ticketmaster folks to help prevent scalpers and scammers... but it screws up the little guy trying to get tickets and when they are offered later on... scalpers and scammers are still able to get the tickets and re-sell them at huge prices.  Grrrrr.

Once upon a time people camped out overnight and stood in really long lines to buy tickets through Ticketmaster.  The phone services never worked the way they were supposed to and they still don't.  Now the lines are virtual via  Ticketmaster.com.

You would think Searching for upcoming concerts, artists and venues using the Ticketmaster site would be easy.  Not the case.  You might know from a band's site or email or you might even hear on the radio The Hot Rock Band is playing at such and such soon.  You go to search at Ticketmaster and there's no information.  Sometimes you'll see an ad in a newspaper and you still can't find any information through the Ticketmaster site.   It's actually much improved then it used to be but its still faulty.

**BOTTOM LINE:**

Without** Ticketmaster**,  venues would have a logistical nightmare putting up with people who would be willing to camp out for a week and stand in long lines for days to get tickets for their favorite rock bands.  Local police would have to be involved in some cases (as have been in the past).   People with normal jobs who just want to see their favorite band.. would be out of luck unless they knew someone willing to camp out for tickets.

You pay big-time for convenience and there is not enough competition to stop the high service charges and mediocre to poor customer service Tickmaster.com offers.

I hate hate hate Ticketmaster.com and try not to use them...but I can't avoid it if I want to see a band I like or a show (in most cases).  ** **

Misleading

from Barrington, Illinois

Comments about TicketMaster.com:

Purchased tickets through Ticketmaster resale for the Eagles Concert in Lexington. It was represented as VIP tickets. When I looked at the Eagles site in combination with Ticketmaster's I bought the tickets. Got down there and nothing. We should have had the package. I think they should have said "tickets only." Kind of low if you ask me.

Ticketmaster consumer fraud!!!!

from Atlanta, Georgia

Comments about TicketMaster.com:

I purchased Tickets for myself and my kids to attend the circus in February 2015. Due to winter storm advisories, I called ticketmaster to exchange my tickets for a later date considering I had two small children that did not need to be in such weather. The rep gladly found more tickets in a similar section for a later date. The tickets I exchanged had an $8.00 difference and I agreed to pay on the spot. I was told that I could not pay with a different card and would have to pay with the original one I used which was a prepaid card, I informed the rep that there were no funds on the card and the rep even went a step further to double check if I could use a different card for payment to ensure I would be promised these seats. He stated that unfortunately a different card could not be used but that I would have 4 days to pay the $8.00. I was surprised but satisfied that they were willing to work with me and not force me to rush out to transfer $8.00 to my card, which I tried to do immediately but the rep insisted I didn't. When I called after two days to pay the remaining balance of $8.00, I find out my tickets are cancelled WITHOUT NOTIFICATION. I'm furious because not only am I out of $180.00 but my kids are out of a chance to see the circus for the first time. I'm transferred to a supervisor who attempts to listen to the call but claims he could not hear the entire phone call between me and the rep so he escalates my problem to corporate level and ensures me someone will listen to the call and refund my money in 4-5 days. He lets me know that corporate handles problems across the world so that's why it will take 4-5 days.( Which was a lie) I call in 7 and I'm given the run around and transferred twice and then finally told a supervisor would call me which they NEVER DID. Its been over a month and I finally decided to call ticketmaster again because once again I have not heard from them. I am transferred to corporate level in which I spoke to a lady name PAM who seems at first she would be the one to resolve this issue. The phone call immediately starts with lies! She tells me she cannot listen to the phone call since it was made on February 20 but later in the phone calls she yells out that a phone call could not be listened to after 60 days!!!!! Today is April 2!!!!!! It has only been 41 days. She also tells me that SHE is the one who denied my case because of the policy that tickets can not be held after the an event has passed...which makes sense but I was not told of this policy of the time of which I purchased my order and the rep told me 4 days!!!!!!!!! Ticketmaster policy is now invalid to me!!!! You're telling me the policy says this but you own representative of your company tells me something totally different??? I was not aware and I can only go off what I was told from the rep. And now I'm not eligible for a refund simply because of your policy that obviously your rep did not follow? Also you was given my case to listen to a recording and you never bothered to listen??? This PAM was rude and very obnoxious. Once again encountered yet a another representative of ticketmaster lying to me and be very unsympathetic to consumer needs. Ticketmaster stole money from me and refuses to give it back. PAM simply tells me to file a dispute with my credit card company but the dispute is with Ticketmaster!!! I want justice! This is unfair and shameful how an employee of ticketmaster on a corporate level treats people. Very disgusting and unprofessional! They never tried to resolve my issue, just covered it up with lies!
• • •

I would rather purchase directly from a vendor

Comments about TicketMaster.com:

I am not a big fan of ticketmaste.com. I do not like the way the website is set up. I can never find events in my area. I can never find events on specific dates. I have been frozen out of ticketmaster.com mid buying tickets. I ended up losing out on those tickets as when I returned there were no more tickets to purchase.

I find ticketmaster.com extremely hard to use sometimes. I can never seem to find a group or game I'm searching for and when I do it is difficult to look for tickets. I would rather go straight to the vendor to get tickets, but when that is not the option I would like to be able to purchase tickets with ease.

Product Selection
The product selection is average at best.

Product Pricing
I'm not sure how the pricing compares to other sites as I have only ever purchased tickets through ticketmaster.com.

Customer Service
I have never used customer service through ticketmaster.com so I am unsure how well it is.

Shipping and Returns
I have not dealt with shipping and returns with ticketmaster.com so I am unsure how well it is. I do like that the tickets can be printed online right after purchase or can be sent to your email for printing later.

• Shipping and Returns:

Fantastic Way to purchase tickets for a variety of events!

Comments about TicketMaster.com:

Overall Ticketmaster.com is a great website to use when purchasing event tickets. They are always my "go-to" when looking to buy tickets to upcoming shows or concerts in my area. I love that they have such a variety of offerings from huge pop concerts, plays, sporting events, and even small venue shows. I can always find reasonably priced tickets for anything I am looking to do.

The website is very easy to use. You can search a lot of different ways which makes finding exactly what you are looking for easy. You can search by location or event.

Product Selection
They offer a bunch of different products so everyone can find something they would be interested in seeing.

Product Pricing
The ticket prices are always pretty reasonable and they do not require HUGE fees like other sites do.

Customer Service
Ticketmaster.com offers great customer services and they are always willing to help you out if the website isn't working or if you have a show question.

Shipping and Returns
They allow you to print tickets online for free and you can also re-sell your tickets if something comes up and you are unable to attend.

• Shipping and Returns:

A necessary evil if you like concerts or sporting events

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about TicketMaster.com:

If you love going to concerts, sporting events or other live entertainment, you will know the necessary evil of Ticketmaster. It is a great site because you can get tickets to anything and everything at venues across the country in a few clicks. But the fees make the ticket price quite a bit higher. They also often have pre sales where you can get the best seats before the are offered to the general public. This can be good and bad. If you have the code, you luck out and get the best seats. If you don't have the code, you can be stuck with lousy seats even if you but them minutes after they officially go on sale. I have also noticed that when there is a popular show or event, the site can slow to a crawl or possibly not even be available. Overall, a great one stop shop for buying tickets to your favorite event. I just wish they didn't add so many fees.

It is very easy to find events via the name of the event, the city or the date. You can also make it through the check out process fairly quickly.

Product Selection
You can find any kind of entertainment on this site. Bands, comedians, musicals, dance, special events and sporting events are all available. If you are traveling to a new city, it can be fun to check this site on the dates you will be there during a fun concert or event.

Product Pricing
Ticket Master has very little control over the actual price of the tickets since that is determined by the artist and venue.

Customer Service
It can take forever to actually get through to customer service, but once you do they are usually very helpful.

Shipping and Returns
I suppose "shipping" could be their service and delivery fees. And they stink. You will have anywhere from $5 to $15 added per ticket with all of the fees. I don't understand how a handling fee can be charged when the tickets are delivered immediately to my inbox!

• Shipping and Returns:

The best last minute decision I ever made

Comments about TicketMaster.com:

Ticketmaster.com gave me one of the best experiences I have ever had. My sister bought a ticket to the Egyptian exhibit in Atlanta, Georgia from her job. I asked her to purchase me a ticket, but to my surprise, they were sold out. I wanted to go so bad that I checked around everywhere. Finally, I went online to ticketmaster.com and they had three tickets left to the Egyptian exhibit. I was so excited. I purchased the ticket online, paid a small service fee, and waited for my tickets to arrive in the mail. I received my tickets within three days and went to the exhibit with my sister that Saturday. It was such a memorable day that my sister and I still talk about it today.

Very simple. Just type in the event you would like to attend within the search box on their home page and order your tickets.

Product Selection
They have a variety of tickets because of so many events happening all around. There is always something going on at ticketmaster.com.

Product Pricing
The prices are always great. I could do without the additional fees but all in all, very reasonable.

• Shipping and Returns:

Ticketmaster.com is your ticket palace

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about TicketMaster.com:

My mom always used ticketmaster when I was little for concerts, broadway shows, and a lot of other stuff. Now that I have my own kids and they love going to concerts for kids and a bunch of other different shows, without a doubt I always use ticketmaster.com to purchase my tickets. I love the site because it has all the release dates for tickets to any show or concert playing by typing in the name or city. Their prices compared to other websites and ticket sellers are by far much better. A couple years ago my kids were dying to go see a show at Madison square garden and the tickets were being bought fast. I didn't think I had a chance of getting them, but I didn't want my kids to be disappointed. I jumped on ticketmaster.com and because I knew the exact time, I got on and bought them and had amazing seats so my kids could be up close and really enjoy it without it costing a fortune. I've even gotten to pre-order a concert me and my fiancé wanted to go to by using their site. It's easy to navigate around to find the tickets your looking for and they have every category you could think of. I love this site and I wouldn't look anywhere else to buy tickets. I would definitely recommend this site, especially to people who love going to shows and concerts.

Good for Sports Tickets

from Utah

Comments about TicketMaster.com:

I have looked at ticketmaster.com for concert tickets, but I have used it more often for sports tickets. I have been able to buy tickets for baseball games several times through ticketmaster.com, and I have found them available for cheaper than other websites or even through the team's own ticket office.

It is very easy to sort through the available options of available music artists or sports teams. I will often search for the Phillies and be able to see the dates, teams they are playing against on those dates, and number of tickets available for each game. Once I click on the specific game, I ca see what specific seats are available and how much they cost.

Product Selection
When my dates are flexible for what game I want to go to, I have checked different dates for the best value and seats available. I have found a lot of different of options for the specific games that I was looking for.

Best way to get Tickets

Comments about TicketMaster.com:

I am completely satisfied with the service. I have purchased many concert tickets as well as tickets for sporting events. I honestly don't know how I would improve the service.

It is very easy. I love the interactive seating charts for sporting events. I am able to pick out where I want to sit and purchase the tickets with ease.

Product Selection
They have tickets for almost any event you would want to go to. They have concerts of all genres as well as many different types of sporting events. I personally have enjoyed getting NBA tickets through them.

Product Pricing
The prices are as expected but the guarantee that you will not get ripped off is what really make it worth it. They also have a variety of different ticket prices for different seat availability.

Customer Service
Fantastic customer service. I have yet to have a major issue that couldn't be resolved.

Shipping and Returns
I have had tickets delivered earlier then the expected time. I am very pleased with how fast they are able to get the tickets out to ship.

• Shipping and Returns:

Ticketmaster - They are a necessary evil, but still an evil!!

Comments about TicketMaster.com:

Ticketmaster - They are a necessary evil, but still an evil!! I don't understand why some of the big (huge) name acts still work with ticketmaster. Their service is poor and their business practices are shady.

I understand why consumers continue to use them. We have no other choice. When an artist sells his tickets through ticketmaster, we can't get tickets anywhere else except from brokers (with a huge markup)!

So when an event is announced, my two friends and I have a system. We set up a conference call between the three of us. We each have our ticketmaster accounts logged in and we verify that our credit cards are valid. We print out seating charts of the venue. The SECOND that the tickets go on sale (often times 10:00 AM) we each hit try to place our orders. Most of the time we get the "circle of death" screen that says, "your wait is 2 minutes -- or 8 minutes -- or 15 minutes".

If any of us are lucky enough to actually be offered tickets, we discuss the location and decide if we are going to buy them or to throw them back and try again.

What angers me is that sometimes 2 or 3 weeks later, tickets that are BETTER than ours are released!! That just seems so unfair!

I don't know how the decision makers at ticketmaster work. I guess their first priority is profits and selling tickets. But fairness should be factored in there somewhere! If I make great efforts to be one of the first people to try to buy tickets, I should get the best seats available!

I have been disappointed by them many times. And, unfortunately, I'm sure I will be disappointed again! Rating of 2!