1,965 reviews

• Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:

You Don't Need to Leave the House to Get Good Deals

I have been using Amazon for about three years.  I started using it a lot after I won a $500 Amazon gift card from the *Live With Regis & Kelly* show last December.  I must have bought over twenty items with it.  I buy a lot of household items there, including things like body wash, vitamins, aspirin, and protein bars.  They sell just about everything you would ever need.  Because I am a full-time student, I also receive email notices with 20% off certain items.  In addition, I got a free year of their Amazon Prime, which gives me the benefit of unlimited, free, two-day shipping.

The only thing I have had trouble with is selling items on Amazon.  I think the way it works (or doesn't, in my case) is, if they don't already have the particular item you are wanting to sell, you aren't able to post it.  I believe there are some exceptions to their rule.  If there is a way around it, I have certainly not figured it out.

Otherwise, I have been very happy with my experience with Amazon.  I have never had to return anything.  That says a lot!

A one stop shopping online superstore? For some but not for me.

***Quick View***: **Amazon.com** is striving to take over online shopping as we know it. With their many, many affiliates, price comparison engine, reviews, and huge inventory, it is the biggest shopping outlet on the net. But it's not perfect by any means.

***About Amazon.com***

Most people know **Amazon.com**. It's almost as common as the word "google" these days. Amazon.com started out as a media site selling books, CDs and videos. It slowly expanded to become the #1 price comparison site on the web. I won’t go into all the site does and sells but will touch on a few things.

**Amazon.com** has hundreds, perhaps thousands, of affiliates. That is, they partner with online stores to sell their products on the **Amazon.com** site. This gets the other sites a lot of exposure and more sales and I am sure **Amazon.com** makes a commission from the sales. The site has many consumer reviews, ratings, lists, and other things that help people make buying choices. At first, the site seems like the perfect one stop shopping site but there are a few caveats. One is that each site has their own shipping rate. Therefore, if I buy one thing from site A, one from site B, and one from site C, I will be charged three shipping charges which can be eye opening when I look at my shopping cart! **Amazon.com** sells its own stock and often has free shipping and that is ALL I buy from Amazon.com. I often see where the item I want comes from and go to their site to buy it, bypassing Amazon because of caveat number two.

Getting a hold of **Amazon.com** for returns is downright painful. I have tried to write them many times and I tried to find a phone number for customer service. Where is it? If you do a LOT of searching you can find it but clearly, they don’t welcome calls. They don’t do a good job of answering emails either. Returns are a hassle. I would rather deal with one website that sells the products I am buying than one website that sells products from five sites that I am buying from. It's easier to make returns and deal with customer service that way.

**Amazon.com** now has a full grocery area, computer hard drive back up service, and just about anything else a consumer could want. There are good things about Amazon.com. Their prices are usually decent and their own products often ship free over $25.00. You can sign up for Amazon Prime which makes shipping for many orders free (with a lot of exclusions) for a $79.00 yearly payment. It keeps your cart contents saved, you can make a wish list, the site personalizes its picks for you based on your past shopping habits, and almost anyone on the web can be an affiliate and make a few percent of the total of orders made by those who click through the Amazon ads places on their website or blog.

Shopping on the site is easy – if a bit daunting with so many categories and so much stock. I shop on the site often but only for **Amazon.com **products because I believe in shopping on the actual websites if I am going to buy from them. For instance, Sephora.com has a presence on Amazon. But if I go through Amazon, I don't get my pick of three samples nor can I get specials and the cool packaging that Sephora provides. Plus, many sites have cash back incentives via ebates.com or fatwallet.com and similar sites.** Amazon.com **does not participate in the cash back programs so you could lose that 5 or 6 percent cash back if you shop through **Amazon.com** rather than participating cash back websites.

In all, I will and do shop on **Amazon.com** but I don't do a lot of shopping there that isn't free shipping. Some orders can really have killer shipping I refuse to pay. Still, **Amazon.com** has many services that I enjoy, like used books and DVDs (Marketplace) and it is a one stop shopping experience for some. Just not me.

***My Viewpoint***

Most of my **Amazon.com** orders have arrived as ordered. They take a LONG time to get here but they do get here. I rarely buy anything that charges shipping and I often go right to the affiliate website to purchase items but I do enjoy Amazon's variety and their deals. I am not as much of a fan as many of my friends are but I still can't really complain much. However, returns are a hassle and one I never bother with.*** I will give this site 3.5 stars rounded down to 3.*** I have not experienced every aspect of the site so I am basing the rating on just the areas I have experienced.

Reviewed by 1965 customers

from egypt

its good

BlueDriver

from Vancouver, WA

Comments about Amazon.com:

Having been a Tech for over 25 years and a certified drivo and emissions tech as well, I would recommend the BlueDriver to anyone who is serious about the information they need when working with drivability and emissions. It also speaks of quality just taking it out of the package. Apple is known for their fine packaging and it sets them apart. As I was removing the BlueDriver from its box I had a Deja Vu moment of unpacking my Apple Phone, Tablet and Accessories. The free software that is downloadable was very nice from a professional point of view. When i add all of that with the free updates, fast delivery it's a win-win for me. I read the reviews on the BlueDriver prior to purchase; there were a few negative ones that I have come to believe are not from an industry experience perspective. To them I say Blue Driver is a tool and certainly delivers everything they say it is. Oh, by the way thank you BlueDriver for the customer BlueDriver coffee cup that showed up a couple weeks after I received my order all boxed up like it was thoughtful gift.

Amazon Prime is a Scam

from Florida

Comments about Amazon.com:

Twice now I have decided to watch a TV series on Amazon Prime and on both occasions with no warning you login in one day to watch the next episode and it is no longer on Prime so you have to pay extra. Their latest scam is to make you subscribe to Hulu as well so you are paying for both. Be VERY mindful before watching any TV series unless you are going to watch them back to back for days on end, which would be very sad!!!!

rough

from los angeles

Comments about Amazon.com:

Oh well: There goes Amazon and customer service. Kindle was always pretty bad. Now it is terrible. I returned $400 worth of goods to Amazon. Did not see credit. Much later, after many queries, I learned that Amazon had the nerve to credit all returns to my gift card account. They said this was a default. Nerve, the result is an interest free loan to Amazon. Worse, much worse is the fact that I can not get them to reverse this situation. Have written 10-12 times with no result except obfuscation. Too bad. Amazon was so good for so long. So long Amazon

I shop amazon first!

Comments about Amazon.com:

Amazon.com is the absolute best shopping website there is! They literally have everything you could ever need. I love that they have any and everything I have ever needed and I have yet to be unsatisfied with shopping on Amazon. I don't have a credit card, and it's hard to buy anything online without one on other sites. Amazon gift cards are very widely available now and you can get them at most gas stations. You just purchase a card whenever you need to add money to your Amazon account and then add the funds directly to your account and they are immediately available for spending. I started using Amazon when I bought a kindle and I haven't stopped using them since. I have bought a lot of paperback books for a fraction of the cost that I would pay in store. I also buy a lot of things for gift giving and especially for Christmas. If you are not happy with your product it's easy to return them. I have never had any issues with getting my orders, they have always come on time. I have learned to shop amazon first for anything that I need wether I need pet products, shoes, books, toys, electronics, clothes, party supplies, household products, gardening supplies, and much much more! I get a lot of hard to find stuff on Amazon too like custom stickers and collectables. You set up an account and you can browse and add things to your wish list or you can add them to your cart to buy later. As you are looking at products you can also see what other customers say about it and know if it sounds like a good buy or not. They have Amazon prime which is a yearly membership you can pay for and get free unlimited shipping and lower prices on everything when you are a prime member. You don't have to have the membership unless you want it but it's worth the price for people who plan to make a lot of purchases. It also includes streaming movies and borrowing books for free for kindle. I tell everyone to look on Amazon when they are having a hard time finding something! I love Amazon.com

All the beautiful things

from Roma, Italy

Comments about Amazon.com:

The best shopping website! very easy and nice with good prices and much gifts, Prime and solde all the time and offer also much options for help the users| A very good service, your things arrive until your home only with a ''CLICK'' I used for buy many many things I changed also my location from a continet to another and the service was perfect the same and what I like more are the gifts that makes you buy without money with very easy ways which every person can do it without complication because The ''AMAZON'' Website give to you much possibility for learn new things and know more types of products. For me there is no negative point in Amazon and I think that it's the best shopping website and I would use it again and again cause I enjoy it.

very bad shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from wisconsin

Comments about Amazon.com:

placed an order said it shipped the next day from California.turns out it shipped a week later & missed the delivery day by 2 days.come on shouldn't take 2 weeks to ship from California to wisconsin.

Amazon is one of my favorites!

from Worcester, Ma.

Comments about Amazon.com:

No matter what I need, big or small, I always go to Amazon first. The site has absolutely everything a person could be looking for. I love the reviews, too, it helps a lot when I'm deciding on a purchase. Returns are super-easy-just go on Amazon and click on your 'account' page. Then click on ' my orders' and find the product. There will be a button right there. Just click, tell them what was wrong and print a shipping label. Done! When I'm browsing the site, I can add items I see to 'lists' I create in my account page. I can save stuff I want to purchase later in my home list, my work list...etc. You just can't beat the deals here. For instance, I use lots of pens at work, I'm always buying pens. I used to go to the drug store and pay $5-$8 for a pack of 2 or 4 retractable pens. Then I found a deal on amazon. I found 12 packs and 20 packs of retractable pens for $8 to $12! See, no matter what you need, from apps to clothing to office supplies, Amazon has it-and probably cheaper than anywhere else!

Amazon.com

from home

Comments about Amazon.com:

i like Amazon.com i use it all the time they have a good wed but the one thing that i can say that is Bad is if you get something that is from Amazon it will come to you by within 2 day's but if you get something that is not from amazon they take forever!!! so mach sure if you buy something it from Amazon because you can be like me and still whiting for my stuff and yea it been 2 weeks -_-

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Amazon Prime is a joke!

from Silver Spring Md

Comments about Amazon.com:

Amazon Prime is a joke! It is Wednesday evening and I am trying to order an item that is "in stock." Even though I have Prime, the item is not scheduled to be delivered until Tuesday. Um, that is nearly one week away- not sure how that counts as two business days! The silly explanation I get is that Amazon might not have more than one of the item in stock. Well then, if that is true and it is going to cause problems, maybe you should not SAY you have the item in stock.