Other E-commerce Websites:
Home and Garden Websites, Computers and Electronics Websites, Appliance Websites
NewEgg.com

NewEgg.com

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Your go to place for things electronic

I'm an on-line shopper.  Sure, I often go to stores to kick the tires, but most often when it comes to pulling the trigger I go on-line.  When I buy on-line I know I've come to my own conclusion and that I'm comfortable with the results of my exhaustive research.  No glib salesman around hurling techno-babble at me.

Then of course there's the issue of sales tax.  For the most part, it doesn't exist on the Internet.  When purchasing high-ticket items that 6%-8% starts adding up quickly.

So, when I'm in the market for electronics,  I automatically gravitate to Newegg.com.  This is truly my "go to" place for anything remotely electronic.

**Why's that?**

Several reasons actually.  First, over time I've found that **Newegg **offers great prices.  Usually, but not always the best.

I find their web-site (particularly recently with the redesigned homepage) easy to understand and to navigate through.  Product descriptions and visuals are always top notch.

Especially helpful are the user reviews that are available.  I often find the questions I might raise about a particular item addressed in the reviews (kind of like here).  They don't filter the reviews.  You get to see the good, bad and the ugly.  They let it all hang out and on occasion take a few shots.

**The Art of Customer Service**

How many times have you gritted your teeth before daring to place your call to customer service. In your head you've already played out the whole argument.  It's not going to be pretty, is it?

Well, I'm here to tell you that you're not going to experience that here at **Newegg**.  I don't know what they're serving in their cafeteria, it it sure seems to agree with the staff.  Other web-sites should take note of and emulate Newegg's brand of customer service.  It doesn't mean that products are not occasionally defective or incomplete.  It means that Newegg will right a wrong quickly.

**Shipping**

And while we're talking about "quickly", anyone who's dealt with them has to appreciate how quickly things get delivered.  I like this.  Once I've made a buying decision, I'm not one to defer gratification for too long.  Most often I receive my purchase the same week I place the order.  Slow shipping is like a bad cup of coffee at the end of an otherwise good meal.  It's what you remember and it always leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

**My Viewpoint**

Whether you're buying a new computer, a digital camera, an MP3 player, Newegg is a highly reliable supplier that you'll enjoy doing business with.  The combination of a broad assortment of items, low prices, excellent customer service and fast shipping should leave you with a smile on your face.

Regards,

Rudi

Good Prices, but Better Service would have been Nice

I decided after buying my new computer that I could really use a new monitor to go along with it. I researched monitors, and once I settled upon the Samsung flat panel that I really wanted, I then set about trying to find a place where I could get it, and quick. I found the monitor for a decent price at several online sites, but shipping was exhorbitant and I wanted my monitor as quickly as possible. After seeing that Best Buy had the monitor at a seriously jacked up price ($50+ above the prices online) I continued my search, finally settling upon **newegg.com**.**About Newegg.com**Newegg.com has been around for many years and is a typical "geek" superstore online outlet. The navigation for the site isn't fancy; everything is pretty much listed in basic categories on the main page. They seem to sell just about everything, and their prices are quite good. My monitor at Newegg cost me about $25 less than what it was selling for elsewhere, and their shipping rates were reasonable as well.**Purchase & Follow Up**I placed my order for the monitor, a port replicator for my laptop, and a monitor stand (for my soon-to-be spare monitor) and selected the "expedited" processing option for just a couple of dollars more. This option carries the promise that Newegg will do everything possible to get your order out the door on the same business day that you place it.As it turned out, my choice to expedite the order was a total waste of money. I sat and watched as my order sat for two business days and, only slightly seething, gave Newegg.com a call. The call was answered promptly by a customer service rep and I explained that I was confused, as I had expedited my order request but it just sat there with no update. The rep noted that there was a problem with the zip code I had provided him.The zip code issue was due to the fact that my residence has recently been assigned a new zip code. I haven't changed it on my credit card yet, but when I placed my order, Newegg.com's tracking site validated my address and required me to use the new zip code. So the charge wasn't being approved due to the difference in zip codes. This is forgivable, but the fact that Newegg.com let my "expedited" order languish without so much as a call to me (I had provided my phone number) to acknowledge the issue was not forgivable.The customer service rep was very polite, and my order went out the door the very next morning. All of my components arrived within a couple of business days, and the products were shipped well and arrived in perfect condition.**Cat's Bottom Line**I wasn't too impressed with Newegg.com's inability to pick up a phone and call me to inquire about the zip code discrepancy, and that is why I've chosen to rate them as "average". Everything else about the ordering experience was slightly above average. I recommend Newegg.com for its great prices and fast shipping, but do caution users of the site to keep an eye on the status of their order, because waiting for Newegg.com to call you about an issue could take a long time.

I'll Never Use Them Again

from Ohio

Comments about NewEgg.com:

I purchased a refurbished PC which stopped working 3 days after installation. I was issued a refund. I did not want a refund, I wanted my computer back. Was told by one person the damage could not be repaired in short order and another that they did not do repairs but sent them back to their vender. Which is it and why do you offer warranties?
In my case I could not get into my computer to retrieve my research. It's gone back to the vender also. I would have liked the option of having it sent back. I would have taken it for repair.
As for the repair, I checked You Tube. The repair options for the problem are all very simple. I could have done it myself. Tell me again Newegg, Do you not repair or would it have taken to long to do the 10 minute repair?
There is a list of other things I experienced with this company. The entire thing was a nightmare from start to finish, not one positive. I could go on but will save you the time and trouble of reading it. They will apologize from sun up to sun down but in the end you will still have an issue.
There are other vendors with better track records and comparable or better pricing. I am going back to them. I will never use Newegg again.

Unfair rejection and lost student coupon

Comments about NewEgg.com:

I was coaxed into trying NewEgg with one time student discount for up to $20. I thought it was a pretty good deal so I bought a motherboard.

Hours later, I got an e-mail telling me the order had been cancelled because the billing address I put down didn't match the one I had on file with my bank. That's totally false, my address was 100% correct.

So now, my bank account has been charged. My student coupon has been lost (it was a one-time thing), and there's no product in sight.

They should've mentioned that they have a hard time with debit cards. I would've used PayPal instead.

Product Selection
NewEgg.com has a huge inventory with a wide array of excellent products. I was really looking forward to using it but Amazon.com is much better. Unfortunately some products are unavailable on Amazon.com, forcing me to try bush league rubbish.

Product Pricing
They generally have very good prices for their products.

Customer Service
I tried talking to an agent and he didn't give me any new information, just repeated what I said and what the e-mail said. Terrible.

newegg.com

Profile Image

Comments about NewEgg.com:

Newegg.com is basically on online only electronics store. Although they specialize in selling electronics and electronic accessories, they do offer some jewelry, toys, and apparel. They sell most items at a discount and have a large selection of refurbished items. I always shop on here when we need a new laptop, tablet, or accessories for our items. I can find chargers and cords on this website a lot cheaper than in store. Most items ship for free as well.

You just select what category you want to shop in from the drop down menu or type in what you are looking for.

Product Selection
They have a huge selection of electronics and accessories. They also carry some other categories but are mostly known for electronics.

Cheaper than in store!

Customer Service
I had to call once since I was unsure if a charger would work or not for my tablet. They were very helpful and easy to understand.

Shipping and Returns
Most items on this website ship for free and items usually come very fast.

• Shipping and Returns:

Good stuff at great prices.

Comments about NewEgg.com:

New Egg has saved me a great deal of money and time. It's also helped me find just the right things I need without the hassle of having to comb through site after site, or drive to store after store. When my computer's hard drive need some more "oomph", I really liked that I was able to find the right part on New Egg and didn't have to deal with a sales associate trying to up-sell me extra items that I didn't need.
I was able to get some extra goodies to compliment my son's Ipod--goodies I have never seen in the store. New Egg is awesome like that.

The website is very simple to scroll around. All products are detailed well, making it easy to find exactly the item sought after.

Product Selection
It is nice to see so many different product options in one place. I like the varying styles, and styles that aren't as common, as well.

Product Pricing
The prices are more than fair, and often MUCH cheaper than if I were to go to a store to buy an item.

Shipping and Returns
I've never needed to return anything, so I can't speak about that. The shipping was as promised, though, so I have no complaints in that regard, either.

• Shipping and Returns:

I will never order from them again.

Comments about NewEgg.com:

The first time I ordered from newegg.com I had an pleasant experience. The product was exactly as expected, shipping was reasonable, though I've seen better, and I had no need to deal with customer service.

Upon finding myself in need for something for my PC, and no other sites having it at a reasonable price, I turned to newegg again. I ordered the piece, and they ended up sending me the wrong one. I contacted customer service and they insisted it was the piece I ordered (I had the proof right on my PC). What was even more outrageous, the piece they sent couldn't have been more different than the one I ordered.

After I convinced them they sent the wrong item, they wanted me to pay to have it sent back when it was their mistake in the first place. I ended up selling the item on ebay for a little less than what I paid, then I bought one using that money.

I will never buy from newegg again.

The website was very easy to use and products easy to find. It has a good search engine within the site.

Product Selection
The site has one of the best selections on the web for computer products.

Product Pricing
With shipping the product prices are no more outstanding than any other online shop. Unless they're the only place to get the part that you can find online, go elsewhere.

Customer Service
Newegg has awful customer service and policies.

Shipping and Returns
They charge a restocking fee even when the mistake is theirs and not yours. The shipping isn't horrible but I've seen much better in places like Amazon.com.

Don't waste your money.

Comments about NewEgg.com:

"Newegg sent me a laptop with a broken dvd drive. I returned the computer and weeks later they email me that the computer screen was damaged and are sending the laptop back to me because that violates the warranty. I told them the computer was fine when I sent it. They said they would put in a claim to UPS. I received a busted computer. When I called they said the box looked ok when it arrived so no replacement will be given. Money completely wasted.

Great for electronics

from Utah

Comments about NewEgg.com:

I used newegg.com to buy an external hard drive for my computer based on the recommendation of a friend who had a lot of experience with both their website and electronics in general. I have been pleased with my experience and with the hard drive that I received.

Product Selection
My friend recommended Toshiba hard drives over the more common Western Digital brand, and newegg.com was one of the few places where I could find a Toshiba hard drive.

Product Pricing
When I found Toshiba hard drives from a few different stores, newegg.com was easily the best price, so that is where I ended up buying it from. The one downside to buying from this website is that the price was lower based on a mail-in rebate. That meant I had to order the hard drive, wait until it arrived, mail in the rebate, and then wait for my money back. I received the $20, but it was several weeks later. It would be nice if they switched to instant rebates.

• Shipping and Returns:

My electronics research and purchase go to site!

from Boston, MA

Comments about NewEgg.com:

New Egg is the best tech-junkie site out there for purchasing new wares. It is also set up for those who are less inclined to the electronics and the internets of our day. They have great customer service on the phone and online, they offer super fast shipping really cheap or free, and they have some of the lowest prices around. Sometimes I will have to purchase something elsewhere as it will be cheaper but I always start at New Egg and at very least do all my research there. IT is a 3rd party seller as well so they keep all the good and bad product reviews on their site and they genuinely care about the customer experience so if you aren't pleased with them they try to make it right as soon as possible.

This site is super user friendly, catering to the computer literate and illiterate alike. It is fun and with the colors and pictures they use on their site is easy on your eyes. i am very sensitive to glare and sometimes graphics are painful to look at for me but new egg has a great site so I never have a problem with this and I can ALWAYS find exactly what I want via search. It seems to know what I want which makes life easy for me.

Product Selection
If it can be plugged in or would make even the most seasoned tech geek swoon new egg has it which is great because my fiance is such a NERD. New Egg is really his home page, it is kind of sad, but he has to have the newest stuff at the lowest price faster than everyone else. Not to mention New egg has fun information sometimes about up and coming "toys" and gadgets coming on the horizon.

Product Pricing
New Egg usually offers the best prices anywhere online...usually, not always. Regardless of that I usually start here any time I want to purchase something. I am cheap - although I prefer the term frugal - so I usually have multiple windows open when I am looking to buy to make sure I am getting the best deal but I would say 75% of the time New Egg takes the cake. Sometimes they are a little more pricey but the shipping costs elsewhere are so exorbitant that I will go with New Egg anyway to save money. Do your research here regardless.

Customer Service
I have been in customer service for years. I have trained on it and I have taken extensive classes on how to please your fellow man and NewEgg does it right! Their level of service is always spectacular. It speaks a lot about a company that has great customer service, you know that they are good to their employees.

Shipping and Returns
I always think about the scene is spaceballs where they travel at ludicrous speed. OK, NewEgg doesn't deliver that fast but they are super speedy! I don't even bother paying for expedited shipping because I know whatever I order will arrive super fast. I have yet to return anything but their customer service is superb so I highly doubt I would have any issues.

• Shipping and Returns:

Newegg.com--A great place to shop!

Comments about NewEgg.com:

I don't shop here alot, But, whenever my hubby or i need something for our PC's, its the first place we go, They have great prices and are very nice should you need help with something.

Shipping and Returns
I ordered something for my hubby on the afternoon of 2/26-- the purchase went through within a matter of minutes and with one day shipping, I knew it would ship out on 2/27 and be in our hands on 2/28.. Well needless to say there was a snafu somewhere and it shipped the 27th per my newegg email-- but according to my fed ex tracking number wouldn't arrive till 3/1 despite the fact that i paid for 1 day shipping..

When it still hadn't left where it was being shipped from later that evening, I called newegg and got a very nice and very helpful gentleman who looked into it and was as baffled as i was as there was no weather delay or anything. and he was able to make things right and he refunded my shipping cost and apologized profusely as he couldn't understand why it was going to take till the 1st when it clearly was to be 1 day shipping.

Great electronic retailer

from Downers Grove, IL

Comments about NewEgg.com:

Newegg is a wonderful place to purchase electronics and computer related merchandise. When I built my own PCs, most of the parts came from Newegg. This is because they have competitive prices, offer free and fast shipping on most items, and have a wide selection of products. There are a lot of customer reviews on items, so it's easy to see which products are popular and the best based on users. Navigating the site is easy and checkout is quick and painless. On the front page, you'll see any sales, deals, or promotions currently offered. They have something called a Shell Shocker which is a reduced price item that lasts at the price until sold out. Similar to how Amazon has Gold Deals. Items that are shipped and sold by Newegg are almost universally shipped free. It's usually a 3-day ground shipping option, so you receive your purchases in a timely manner. Customer service is very responsive. You will receive order updates frequently: order confirmation, payment processing/confirmation, and shipping confirmation. It's always nice when retailers are quick to inform you.