Other E-commerce Websites:

Barnes & Noble | BarnesAndNoble.com

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

A wonderful gift idea for special occasions!

I realize that everyone knows about Barnes & Noble and their wonderful website, BN.com -- but you may not be aware that  -- in addition to many great juvenile books -- this bookseller offers for sale **237 coloring books**, most of them for under five dollars!  Here are coloring books of every kind and for every age and level of skill.  Some of them appear to be very challenging but there is something here for everyone including some that may not be available in stores.

In addition, Barnes & Noble also offers **466 paper doll cut-out books** for all skill levels.  I can't describe how beautiful some of these are and reasonably priced as well.

If you have Crayola *aficianados* or enthusiastic snippers in your life and a plethora of special occasions on the horizon, it might be a good idea to stock up now as any order of $25 or more earns free shipping.  Leave us not forget that accessing *Barnes & Noble* through MyPoints will also earn ten points for each dollar spent.

Same Day Manhattan Delivery is a Barnes & Noble Fairy Tale

After yet another form letter from B&N that does not fully address my questions or concerns I feel compelled to post a Viewpoints Review.   I believe that if B&N had actually read my emails or paid attention to what I was saying when I called them on the telephone, my simple single book order could have been resolved.  But no, they chose to believe that we reused to sign for the book when it was brought to our door - a total fabrication on the part of their subcontracted delivery service in Manhattan, Lasership.

I proposed several workarounds to address the delivery of my book order but B&N never worked with me.

A book was ordered online on a Tuesday and when it hadn't arrived by Friday I checked the tracking note and saw that they attempted delivery twice - totally not true, someone was home every day that week.

I call B&N and ask that the book be delivered (again) to our home.  The telephone CS person said that redelivery was possible and promises delivery at 10 AM on the following Monday.

On Sunday I get an email refunding my money - what?  no book tomorrow?  I email B&N CS and ask if the money is being refunded as a courtesy for all the stress my family has endured over this and other orders messed up by Lasership in the past 12 months (I could go on and on about our pre-ordered Harry Potters #7). I receive a reply that no, money is refunded because **we don't get our book, order has been cancelled**.

Response email says that if I give permission (via email) the book will be re-shipped - so I do so, I give permission. Does anyone confirm that the book will be resent? NO they don't.

I get another email from them and I respond asking if the book can be sent to a store instead of being shipped so I can just go and pick it up - well, no, B&N doesn't do that.  Very sad.

They ask me yet again to reauthorize the book purchase on the gift certificate I used -but this time I say no because I have thrown caution to the wind and reordered the book requesting STANDARD DELIVERY, no expedited for me please it's too stressful.  My husband's surprise has been ruined already, he knows this book is his gift and he knows the gift is not expected anytime soon thanks to the FABULOUS customer service provided by Narnes & Boble, I don't think "Noble" should be part of their name anymore.

I do not plan to order from B&N **online** ever again - if someone ever gives me a online gift card I will refuse it.

so dissapointing

from Turks & Caicos Islands

Comments about Barnes & Noble | BarnesAndNoble.com:

I recently bought a NOOK. I was so excited as I live on a small island that has no book store. After registering my Nook I tried to start buying books. I received an email from Barnes & Noble stating that you must live in the US in order to buy books!!!!! I was not told this when I bought my nook. They will not even let me buy with my Pay Pal account. They told me to return my Nook, but I am no longer in the US to go back to the store.
BUYER BEWARE, only buy if you live in the US, they do not want to cater to us in the Bahamas, even though we like to read book too.

Second to Amazon

Profile Image

from New York, NY

Comments about Barnes & Noble | BarnesAndNoble.com:

I like barns and noble as they have a big selection, often have discounts, and have in store pick up; however, I always compare with Amazon and there are some important the gs to note when making a decision. If you are a teacher, you can get an educators card and get a discount on items for the classroom. Also, if you sign up for emails, they frequently send 20% off coupon codes. However, you need to spend more than $25 for free shipping. If you select pick up in a store, the price will likely be higher at the store compared to the website. I do like that you can see what it's,s are available in the store and place a hold. They send you an email or text when they pull it from the shelf. I have used this feature when I want to compare items or look through them first. I often then will go back home and order it online or from Amazon as it can be cheaper.

Product Selection
Not as big as Amazon but pretty decent.

Product Pricing
Prices vary between website and store. The prices are usually higher in the store.

Shipping and Returns
Need to spend $25 or more for free shipping.

Great Book Store Website

Profile Image

from North Hanover, NJ

Comments about Barnes & Noble | BarnesAndNoble.com:

BarnesAndNoble.com is a great book website. I always get Barnes and Noble gift cards and even though they have a brick and mortar store nearby ,I find that the website is alot better for me as it gives me a lot of time to browse at my leisure. They have millions of books, dvds and cds and other items such as electronics and accessories. There is an enormous selection and they are always running great sales so you are sure to find a book or something that you would want. There is a loyalty program as well but it charges a monthly fee. Sometimes they have coupons as well If you are looking for a book or an e book , you will find one here as well as many other items. Buy the items on sale though as the regular prices are pretty expensive. The website is also very easy to navigate and I would recommend it to anyone. Take a look and I am sure that you will find something you would love to read or listen too.

Barnes and Noble Online

from Grand Rapids, MN

Comments about Barnes & Noble | BarnesAndNoble.com:

The Barnes and Noble website is a great site for birthday and holiday shopping. That is the main time that I use the Barnes and Noble website. Their prices are usually less than out local bookstore, but more than some of the big box that sell books as well.

The Barnes and Noble website is good if you know the name of the book or the specific author for which you are looking. However, if you are just browsing for a book, nothing beats going to the physical store itself.

Product Selection
The Barnes and Noble website will always have the latest books available and the classics too. There are better online shopping sites if you are looking for an obscure book or maybe a small, local author.

Product Pricing
The Barnes and Noble site has pretty standard pricing related to the "sticker price" on the book jackets.

Shipping and Returns
Around holiday time, wait to order from the Barnes and Noble website until they announce that they will be offering free shipping. Their overall shipping costs are pretty standard, but can significantly increase the cost of a ten dollar book.

Great website for books!

Comments about Barnes & Noble | BarnesAndNoble.com:

I have used the BarnesandNoble.com website a few times to order books. It is a great website and very easy to use. They have books on the website that may not be available in their stores also. The site also gives you the option to pre-order a book that has not been released, so that way you can make sure you get a copy before it gets sold out. Also, if you spend $25.00 or more, you get free shipping on your order. The customer service department is very friendly and helpful, and the returns/exchanges are very easy to do if you need to return or exchange a book. I am very happy with my experience using the BarnesandNoble.com website, and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

The site is very easy to use.

Product Selection
They offer a huge selection of books and products. You can also find books on the website that may not be available in the stores.

Customer Service
The customer service department is very friendly and helpful.

Shipping and Returns
You can get fee shipping on your orders when you spend $25.00 or more.

My Go To Place For Books and DVDs

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Barnes & Noble | BarnesAndNoble.com:

I shop at my local Barnes & Noble store all the time and love grabbing a coffee in their cafe but sometimes they just don't have an item that I want in stock and I need to order it online.

I love that as a Barnes & Noble Member (for which I pay $25 a year) I get free, unlimited shipping on their website (as well as other perks, including in store discounts). Shipping usually takes about three or four days so it is quite fast.

They have a fabulous selection of books and DVDs and are my first choice whenever I need to purchase a book. They also offer the ability to check in store availability so I can see if an item is in stock before I drive over and wander around looking for it only to discover it is not available.

Ordering is super easy and they accept PayPal as a payment option which is really great. They do accept up to three gift cards at a time online which is good and bad. It's great that you can pay with a gift card, but not so great that you have to type in the giant number along with the PIN every time you wan to use a gift card. There is no option to store the card's value on your account as there is on Amazon.

Overall, I highly recommend Barnes & Noble. Their prices are comparable to other retailers and they always offer tons of percentage off coupons so you can get quite a deal. Shipping is good and returns can be made in the store. I've never had a single problem ordering from them.

Good site

Comments about Barnes & Noble | BarnesAndNoble.com:

I live in a small town and our library does not carry a whole lot of books. I am always needing something for school, and without a local bookstore, I had to turn to online shopping. I always find the books that I need for school on barnesandnoble.com. Most of the books are reasonably priced but there are some that are pretty over priced. Also, I have been able to buy some of the textbooks I need for a lower price than the price offered at the bookstore at my school. The website is set up nicely and it is pretty easy to follow. They have everything sectioned off into different categories so it is easier to go directly to whatever it is you are wanting to purchase. I like to browse through the best sellers section because I see a lot of books that I have not heard of, but would probably be interested in reading. I also like to shop for books for my two year old daughter on this site. They have great educational books that have small toys to go along with them and she always loves those. Shipping is reasonable and my books never take a long time to be delivered. You can get free shipping if you spend I think twenty five dollars, and I almost always meet that requirement.

Product Selection
There are tons and tons of books to choose from and even other items.

Product Pricing
Some things are perfectly priced while others seem to be a little more expensive than they should be.

So many great gifts

Comments about Barnes & Noble | BarnesAndNoble.com:

I absolutely adore shopping at Barnes and noble dot com! I feel that books, movies, and music are wonderful gifts to give. When I have a family member or friend to shop for I almost always end up at Barnes and Noble dot com to buy a fantastic gift. The selection online is so amazing. They offer classic literature to new releases. Sometimes I find myself on this particular website for hours browsing favorites. I am so impressed how organized the website is. I can always find exactly what I'm looking for. I do continue to plan on shopping here and also I would recommend this website to anyone looking for a book, movie, or a CD.

This website is extremely easy to use. They have a search bar making it easy to find exactly what you're looking for!

Product Selection
The product selection on this particular website is also outstanding.

Product Pricing
Sometimes, I did find that this particular store is more expensive but the quality is always very good.

Customer Service
Outstanding customer service! I once had an issue with a return and the customer service representative was so helpful! She walked me through every step and I felt very secure that I would receive my return fast.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping and returns are fairly easy. The one thing that I don't like about the returns is it takes a long time for them to refund your money unless you actually go to the store itself.

• Shipping and Returns:

has books and more books great

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Barnes & Noble | BarnesAndNoble.com:

I like Barnes & Noble that is because they have so many books I like to read, from cook books to normal books, and magazine. They have everything i'm looking for. I have ordered books from the website in the past and they do have a great selection of titles. The site is great I have found books that were on sale for around 20% off and above which was cool, the experience is great. They have so many books on sale for cheap. I would definity buy books from them again.

The site is easy to navigate and they also have short descriptions of the books I was looking at which was very helpful to me.

Product Selection
The Barnes & Noble website has alot of book and I mean alot, about every book I was looking for was there, and all on sale which was great to me.

Product Pricing
They have very low prices, and I really enjoyed buying things from their site because on it.

Shipping and Returns
Their shipping is great, they ship UPS which is good and the books come nicely packaged.

• Shipping and Returns:

Excellent source for new and used books

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Barnes & Noble | BarnesAndNoble.com:

BarnesAndNoble.com has been a staple in my life for as long as it has been available. I always go there first to check for new books and best sellers. When I was in college I was able to purchase several text books at a major price reduction compared to my university's bookstore. Since I purchase a lot of books on a regular basis I decided to sign up for a membership. The membership is $25 a year and it gives me free shipping on all orders, which paid for it self after a couple of months. The only downside to the membership is that free shipping doesn't apply to used books. The price of used books on the site are usually sold at a 70-80% price reduction and the price of shipping is usually $3.99, which still makes it an excellent deal. Because of the excellent price I tend to purchase older used books for my self and new books for my friends. I have also had books and magazines delivered to my Nook. As soon as I pay for the media it is instantly delivered to my device.