Other E-commerce Websites:

RetailMeNot.com

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

This site makes it so easy to not pay full price.

When I need something immediately I go out shopping but it's not something I find very enjoyable so I try to avoid it and do a lot of my shopping online.  This of course means that I have to pay for shipping and handling and occasionally have to return something, but it also means that I can find some really good deals too.  Especially when I am able to locate an online coupon or discount code that I can apply to my order.

Before I check out and pay for my order while online shopping, I always Google the name of the store plus the words "coupon code" to be directed to sites where discount codes are listed.  The problem with this is that many times the codes are expired or, worse, you have to click on a link and make your purchase through a third party site to get the discount.  I don't like doing that and prefer to find a valid discount code.

Most sites are pretty much the same but during the holiday season of 2007 I found a really good coupon site that is very user friendly and gives the actual code to type in to get the discount and does give users the run around by making them click on links.  **That site is RetailMeNot.com and it's the first site to which I turn to find valid coupon codes.**

As I mentioned, the site is user friendly.  You just to to RetailMeNot.com and type in the name of the store in the search field.  If the store is found the screen changes and displays a list of all the coupon codes that can be used and the rules for each.  Users even have the ability to add a new code to the database by clicking the Submit a New Coupon link on the homepage and entering the details.  I believe that users can actually earn income share from doing so, although I've never tried it as I'm not usually in the loop on new coupon codes; I just go there to find and use them.

One nice thing about this site is that users can enter comments about the code like whether it worked for them or not and if they were able to "stack" the code (use more than one at a time).  Users can also simply click the green checkmark button to indicate that they were able to use the coupon successfully or click the red X button to indicate that it was not valid for their order.  There is also a "Stats" statement that shows users at a glance the percentage of people who were able to successfully use the code.

Not every code works so I still have to dig around and I don't always find a for every store I want, but RetailMeNot is still always the first place I check as it seems the most user friendly for me.

**4 stars for Retail Me Not.com.**  It's the best source of online coupon codes I have found.  The site is very user friendly, easy on the eyes, and always has a good number of valid coupon codes. (Updated on 9/13/09: Changed from 5 stars to 4 stars as this site has undergone some design changes that I'm not crazy about. It's still the first site I check though. I successfully found good codes on this site twice this week alone).

A scam, that's what it is

A reviewer said "success stats are displayed". Looks to me like everything is done for people to click everywhere but almost never works. 2/5 at best. Marketing hype!I work as a webmaster and I can you that stats on this site are total BS! I agree with the guy/gal below, **this site is a total scam**. They copy information from other sites and lie through their teeths when it comes to number of stores and everything, total BS!Is that the ONLY site you've ever browsed or did you get paid to write this?

My go-to for coupon codes!

Profile Image

from Troy NY

Verified Reviewer

Comments about RetailMeNot.com:

Don't shop without using RetailMeNot! RetailMeNot is my go-to for coupon codes, I never place a single online order without checking RetailMeNot first.

A lot of companies claim to list their best coupon codes right on their website, but occasionally, I've found that RetailMeNot has better coupons than the company itself claims to - and I end up saving more money!

Plus, RetailMeNot tells you how many people have successfully used a coupon code, so you can gauge if it will be successful. And their platform allows comments from other users, so you can see how much they saved, or if they encountered any issues with using a coupon code, etc.

You can then combine the coupon codes you find on RetailMeNot with any other online shopping benefit you might use (ebates, mypoints, upromise, etc.) - so that you get the absolute best bang-for-your-online-buck!

I would definitely recommend RetailMeNot to everyone out there! Such a great place to save money!

Great site if you are persistent and a frequent online shopper

Comments about RetailMeNot.com:

Every time I go to buy something online i check with retain me not for coupons. The coupons don't always work, but when they do they bring me savings. Sometimes you have to try every coupon they offer to find one that hits. But keep trying. I saved $40 on a New York and Company order ot $120 today. Why pay full price??

• Shipping and Returns:

Find online coupons for nearly any retailer (on and offline).

Comments about RetailMeNot.com:

Retailmenot.com carries an extensive list of coupon for you to choose from. Currently the site has over 50,000 retailers for you to find coupons from. With retailers ranging from Nike to Domino's Pizza, you can find coupons and savings for everything. The greatest thing about the site is that it pools coupons for you, so you do not have to visit several coupon sites in search for the latest deals. All coupons I have found are valid, and are the latest available coupons. As of now I have used coupons which included: free shipping on orders, 15% off order total, free gifts with order, and free delivery for food orders. If you don't like shopping to compare coupons, use this site and you are sure to find the latest coupons and most savings, for any online purchase you want to make.

Shipping and Returns
Irrelevant to this site as you simply find the coupons, print them out, or use them directly on the merchant's site you are shopping on.

Don't shop without it

Comments about RetailMeNot.com:

I adore this site. I cannot say enough positive things about retailmenot.com. I always check this site before making an online or an in-store purchase. Most times I can find a free shipping code which is great. I almost always find a coupon to every store I shop at. There are few exceptions, but those particular stores are not known for ever having coupons anyway. I literally tell everyone about this site. I am surprised at how many people don't know about it or say they forget to use it. I have saved countless amounts of money using this site to get codes for items I am purchasing. Every day the site updates the coupon codes available. This is great when you are looking for high percentage coupons and patiently waiting to purchase a particular item. You will generally find what you are looking for over a two week span. This site is incredible. I recommend it to anyone looking to save money.

Useful Sometimes

from Fairfield, VA

Comments about RetailMeNot.com:

The bottom line for most of us, I think, is finding a good deal or coupon for somewhere we want to order from online. It is worth it most of the time to stop by this site and see if they know of any coupons or deals you don't. If you love talking about deals and sharing deals, there is a community and blog.

It can be fun and satisfying to use RetailMeNot.com, and it can be disappointing and a waste of time. Its worth quickly checking it out regarding whatever site you are planning to buy from, but I wouldn't use up much of your time there. My biggest pet peeve with this site and a few others like it, is that expired and useless links are still in front of you-site managers need to do better in keeping it up to date, even up to the hour. I don't want to be "taken in" clicking here and there several times and having it amount to no savings.

Product Selection
There are links to oodles of retailers, but sometimes I have been disappointed by having nothing there for a retailer I'm wanting to purchase from-it is all pretty up-in-the-air.

Product Pricing
The products you order online are often reduced by the coupon codes you find or clicking through to a certain deal. Sometimes it amounts to nothing, and that is frustrating, you feel like you are really wasting your time.

Customer Service
I haven't used any form of direct communication with persons through the site.

Shipping and Returns
Since this is for finding coupons, I have no experience of any shipping and returns directly related to the site.

• Shipping and Returns:

Great site to find a discount

Comments about RetailMeNot.com:

Great site to find a discount code or promo code for just about every e-commerce site out there.

It is pretty easy to use, user friendly would be the online term. You just put in the name of the store your looking for and if there is a promo code or discount code it will be there. Then just click the link and be taken straight to the site or get the code and use it on another site for more points there for an even bigger savings.

Product Selection
I have found they have a plethora of shopping sites and stores to choose from. I have never not found a store that I was looking for. Finding a promo code that is valid might be another story. Just because there is a listing for a store I doesn't mean there is a promo code. I like that I am able to rate a code or even add a code I have gotten so I can share with others.

Product Pricing
There is no product pricing as far as Retail Me Not is concerned, it is a free site to use. Your pricing coming from the valid promo codes on the site that will save you money when you link to another shopping site or copy the code for use via another site such as Ebates.

Customer Service
I have never had an issue with Retail Me Not that I have had to contact them for anything. I do think it would be nice if they cleaned out the old or expired promo codes and only had new or valid codes, or allowed their customers to remove an invalid code.

Shipping and Returns
There is no shipping or returns for Retail Me Not. All shipping and return policies are from the shopping sites you shop at and you must check each individual sites policy.

Good Extensive Coupon Site

from Hartford, CT

Comments about RetailMeNot.com:

This is my first stop for online shopping coupons. There's a large database of many online retailers, and all sorts of various coupon codes to use when shopping them. Some are available to copy and paste, others are a link that bring you right to the site with the code already loaded into your order.

Most of the deals are very clear, with any stipulations explained such as order minimums, excluded items/departments and expiration dates. You can also see (and participate) in a rating system showing the effectiveness of the code by other users.

There are even occasionally links to printable coupons, however I usually use this site for online coupons. I don't think that they have a customer service team however there is a small blurb about the origins and intents of the site itself. There's featured deals on their home site and many ways to search a specific store or type of product. Some of the coupon codes are ones that are offered blatantly on the sites, however I have definitely found some hidden gems here and saved some money!

N/A

• Shipping and Returns:

Seem to have a coupon for EVERYTHING!

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about RetailMeNot.com:

I can't really think of any drawbacks to using RetailMeNot: you don't have to sign in or create any kind of account or login, the search function on the site is pretty thorough and you're not bombarded with any unacceptable pop-ups or hard to use flash. The worst that can happen is either there is no coupon code available for the store you're wanting or the ones that are available don't work for you. That's it! And my philosophy is that it's always good to try at least, right? I have found working coupon codes for some of the most obscure online sites saving me at least 10-15% or free shipping or something. And for the major, better known online stores there's almost always something available that working, as well.

It's quite easy to use, all you have to do is click and search - and the search function does operate well (not one of those where if you don't spell the word exactly right or search the full and correct title you won't get a result).

Product Selection
I find coupon codes for some of the most obscure online stores, very rare for me not to find a way to save at least 10% from almost anywhere.

Product Pricing
Couldn't be better - it's free!

Customer Service
I've never actually contacted Customer Service as I've never had to, this site is pretty much help yourself.

• Shipping and Returns:

Great website for online coupon codes

Comments about RetailMeNot.com:

RetailMeNot.com is my favorite website for finding reliable, current coupon codes for shopping online at my favorite retailers. When you first load the website, there is a prominent search bar on the main page. It gives examples of possible search terms which helps clarify how you should be use the website to search for online coupon codes. There are three general types of links that will come up. First, there is the "show coupon code" link. This will pull up the coupon code and allow you to copy and paste it to your clipboard so you can access it when you are shopping online. The second type of link is the "get deal" link. This will connect directly to the online retailer's website and will direct you to the deal. The third type of link is the "show coupon" link. This will pull up a printable coupon you can use in the store. I really like that RetailMeNot.com indicates whether the deal is new or the success rate of the deal if it has been around for a few days. Overall, I have had tremendous success with the online coupon codes I have found on this website and highly recommend RetailMeNot.com if you want to save money!

• Shipping and Returns:

This website is genius! I save so much using it!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about RetailMeNot.com:

I rave about RetailMeNot.com constantly! I think the idea of this website is nothing shy of genius! I save so much money using the online and in-store coupons and codes on a weekly visit that if they decided to charge a small fee to keep using it, I would gladly pay it. However, the fact that is is free is just one more amazing aspect of RetailMeNot.com.

Very user friendly. I pick whether I'm shopping in-store or online and I can pick from several different codes or coupons that come right up in order of success of use. The best part of how easy it is to use is that there's an app for it! Of course, it's one of my main page apps on my phone.

Product Selection
There are some places I haven't been able to find (yet) on RetailMeNot.com but they are constantly expanding there database with new business. I like that it isn't just mainstream franchises but also contains family owned and local businesses as well. I like that it gives me the option to put in a suggestion of a business if it is not already listed through the site.

Product Pricing
This is what RetailMeNot.com is all about! Getting you the best prices on every aspect of online and in-store shopping. Coupons and promo codes galore! I love going on the site to see what deal I can scoop up next. It's a little bit of a thrill, in my opinion. I feel accomplished each time I find a coupon or promo code that is successful and saves me money.

Customer Service
I haven't had to use customer service either directly or indirectly via RetailMeNot.com and that's because the site acts more as a resource/referral site, rather then a direct purchasing site. However,being able to suggest knew businesses to be added to the site falls under customer service so I give it a 10.

Shipping and Returns
I don't feel this section is directly applicable to RetailMeNot.com but if I were to look at it under the aspect of how many times the coupons and promo codes are sucessful and provide me with free shipping or free items and discounted items then, again this section receives a 10 as well.