Other E-commerce Websites:

MyPoints.com

Pros

Cons

Mypoints.com: Earn Points and Rewards Quickly and Easily

Want to earn rewards for doing practically nothing? You could get involved in politics, but there is another option that takes even less of your time and can be conducted completely from the comfort of home. It's a web service called **Mypoints.com **and it awards points for reading e-mail. Let's take a closer look at this online e-mail reading service:

**Web Site Commentary:**

Mypoints.com** **is all about earning points and then redeeming these points for gift cards and other reward items. The most common way to earn points is simply by reading e-mail sent to your inbox each day from Mypoints.com** **and clicking a link to an online site. Each time you click one of these links, you earn five points. Depending on what you do when the link opens, you could earn even more points. If the link is to an online store (and most of them are), you will earn more points if you make a purchase. If the e-mail link is to a survey site, charity site, etc. you will earn more points if you sign up as a member and/or take a survey. You can also add to your Mypoints.com account by signing up for a Mypoints.com credit card.

I have been a Mypoints.com member for many years and it ranks as the only e-mail for points service that I still use. I was once a member of several of these sites, but over the years, some have gone belly- up while others have failed to hold my interest, due either to the lack of many earning opportunities or the failure of the service to deliver as promised. Mypoints.com has managed to hold my interest for several years. The points accumulate slowly, but at a steady pace and the payout is decent for those who exercise patience.

How much effort does it take to cash in at Mypoints.com? Well, I typically go for the $25 restaurant card at Applebee's or some other restaurant. This reward requires about 3,500 points. So, that means, at the very least, I will have to read 700 e-mail messages. Taking a few surveys here and there and making purchases can help accumulate points more quickly, but at worst, I will have to read 700 e-mail messages. Breaking it down, each point has a value of about 0.7 cents, if you go for the restaurant card, like I usually do. However, the trade off is not consistent from one reward to the next. For example, a $25 gift card to Amazon.com will require 3,750 points, making the points worth only 0.67 cents each. At the other extreme, a $25 gift card to FTD.com requires only 2,500 points, making each point worth exactly one cent. There are about 75 different merchants from which to choose- a much better number of reward options compared to other, similar sites. The point requirements, however, are inconsistent from one merchant to the next and this could cause some frustration.

E-mails from Mypoints.com are sent on a consistent basis. I haven't tracked them closely, but I would estimate that I receive anywhere from one to three e-mails each day. The majority are offers from online merchants, with points rewarded for making a purchase. The others are usually direct offers to take a survey for 50 points if you qualify for the survey or 10 points if you do not. There are a few other offers to earn points that do not require making a purchase (like e-mail offers from gaming sites, charities, and others that reward points if you simply sign up), but if you want to earns hundreds of points at a time and work your way toward a gift card more quickly, then making a purchase is the way to go.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Mypoints.com is one of my favorite on-line money earning services and it ranks as the only one of its kind I am still using after all these years. It does have a few shortcomings, like the slow pace of point accumulation and the inconsistency in point requires from one merchant to the next. But the fact that I am still a Mypoints.com member after several years says something about this service. They must be doing something right, or I would have abandoned the service a long time ago. But I am still here, reading e-mail, earning points, and cashing them in for gift cards. It adds up to a good online service that everyone should at least try. It costs nothing to join and you can earn points without making any purchases. You really have nothing to lose.

I Was Wrong about MyPOINTS

One of the very first reviews I ever wrote here on Viewpoints was to tell everyone how wonderful I thought MyPoints Shopping site is. I have been a member for many years.                            Well, unfortunately I now have negative Point of View.Since I wrote that review a few weeks ago things have changed.Very recently, as I redeemed points; saved all year for Christmas Gift Cards, I started with a balance of over 18,000 pts. To make this short I only received two gift cards that did arrive sooner than expected but I will probably never see the others I honestly qualified for.

Now they say I only have a balance just over 1000 pts. left in my account. WRONG. At their site they have a statement for each transaction just like a bank statement with an easy click to customer service for a particular transaction inquiry and on a particular date.It does show points earned but not a "running" Daily, Weekly or Monthly balance or balance before or after redeeming points.They do send out an email once per month with your current balance.I emailed them to request  the Point Balance on the date I redeemedand asked when the other Giftcards might arrive  I received the usual computer generated email to notify me they received my email. After two more generic email replies to my question "point balance the date of redemption",Another email from them that told me there is no way they  could tell me my point balancebefore redemption. DUH what is that all about They would have to know my balance?!?!?!?!A Balance should show before and after redemption.LOSING 3000 points or more is not good biz practice nor is the idiotic explanation in their email I got to my question. This is ridiculous BEWARE OF MYPOINTS ACCOUNT STATEMENTS AND BALANCES

No customer service

from Virgin Islands

Comments about MyPoints.com:

have built points with MyPoints for years and now want to use my points. I log on and the web site recognizes me and says I have X points and then when I try to redeem my points they kick my to a loop that says they don't know who I am and I have to verify my ID when I verify they don't recognize me. OK these things happen. Starting months ago I use their service contact and email them. NO response repeatedly. Today completely fed up I decide to call their service people. Big surprise no phone number!!! These people hide their phone number like a cobra hides it's kill!!!!! So I have a problem and I need to communicate with a human. Simple fact with MyPoints that will be impossible. Avoid this company like the plague, find another shopping portal there are many good ones such as the ones attached to American Airlines and American express.
Tom Sedar
Very Very mad customer of my points.com

Bad company

from Chicago

Comments about MyPoints.com:

Joined on a United Promo. Both myself and my wife. Received initial mileage credit.

Ordered each over $25 purchases through the site to qualify for an additional 1000 miles. Never credited.

Emailed and received response asking me to show actual purchases. Did so on both accounts. NEVER heard back . Now over two weeks with 4 emails to them and a phone call to them. Never a real person, always wants to use email.

Tried today to get anyone in the main office and it answers and just keeps taking you in a no return loop.

The worst customer service I have experienced

I am completely unsubscribing both accounts as I can not waste any more of my time and would never receive what they promised if I stayed

So many free gift cards

from Troy NY

Comments about MyPoints.com:

I absolutely love MyPoints, I have been a member for over five years now and have redeemed so many gift cards - many for frequest flyer miles! I even took a free trip to San Diego thanks to MyPoints.

I know that some other folks have been complaining about getting points to credit - but I've never had this problem. If you ever complete an offer, you just need to screenshot the completion page to prove to MyPoints that you did it, and they will credit you right away.

I have always found the MyPoints support staff to be extremely helpful and courteous!

In order to earn the most points... I check all my MyPoints emails, do my daily surveys, and complete all of my monthly searches, print coupons, and use the online shopping links... and I usually earn 2,000+ points per month.

MyPoints is easily one of my favorite websites ever! I would recommend it to everyone (and I have recommended it to all my family and friends already!)

Points are difficult to verify

from Waterville, MN

Comments about MyPoints.com:

I have had several times lately when points I should have earned were not credited to My Points. I have emailed the confirmation from the companies to My Points and filled out the online form but it is not good enough and they want me to cut and paste the confirmation email which I do not understand how to do although I have tried many times it does not work for me. I have offered to mail or fax it to them even though I have emailed it to them and that was good enough in the past. I think they are avoiding awarding points and this is their way of getting around it.

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL SITE

Comments about MyPoints.com:

This is one of my all time favorite sites and tool bars to visit and install. I utilize it daily. It is a great way to earn gift cards and points for things that you do anyway. I earn walmart gift cards almost weekly. If you go to their site and shop at the store of your choice through their site you get additional discounts plus point credits for your purchases that you can exchange for rewards. You also get points just for adding the plug in toolbar and searching internet like you usually do. It always amazes me when my point total pops up because i have no idea how i accumulated that much so quick. You can also open easy emails, do quick surveys, watch videos etc. It is a very secure site and i have been participating in their program for years and never once had a problem with security or information hacking/leaks. Another great benefit to the toolbar is that when you go to a site it will automatically pop up and tell you if there are any additional coupons or discounts available for that site to use, which has saved me a small fortune. It is a awesome site and i recommend it to anyone who is online often and shops or does anything online. good luck you will not be disappointed.

Earning money from online shopping!

from Florida

Comments about MyPoints.com:

MyPoints is another earning website where you complete activities and do your online shopping through them and earn points which you can redeem for cash and gift cards. I always forget to go through them when I shop online and I do a lot of shopping online. That is truly the best way to earn money through them. They do have a Chrome extension or toolbar, I just don't have it. There are not a whole lot of activities but there are some and you can use them to search the web and earn points too.

It isn't a hard site to use, if you remember to use it! There are some surveys and special offers but the bulk of your earning here comes from shopping online. You get points you can then trade for cash and gift cards. They pay instantly or really fast but in the two years I have been a member I have only cashed out one time. That is partly because I don't use them as my search engine and I never remember to shop through them either. You get out what you put in and I don't put much in at all.

Product Selection
They have a fairly decent selection of gift cards or you can get paypal and the retailers they let you shop through them for points is pretty much anywhere you can shop online.

Does not apply

Customer Service
I have not actually had to interact with their customer service but I am going to assume it is pretty good, they pay super fast and I have never heard anything bad about them.

Does not apply

• Shipping and Returns:

Great rewards program if you shop online a lot!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about MyPoints.com:

I recently joined mypoints.com and find it to be a pretty good rewards program for myself. I don't shop a lot online, but I can see how if one does, you can really rack up the points.

They do have other ways to earn points, like coupons, searching through their search engine, referring friends and such. But it is mainly through shopping online that you get the majority of your points, which is very easy to do. You just find the store their their website and they will send you through.

Definitely an easy and appealing website to use. They mentioned they recently updated their website and got a new look. It's very sharp and clean to the eye. It's very easy to find stores to shop through, as well as how to redeem points.

Product Selection
I think they have a good selection of stores to choose from. Although I was looking for Pier 1 Imports and GoPicnic.com and they did not have them. But they had a ton of other websites I have never heard of.

Product Pricing
Every store is different with how you are rewarded for points. And it varies on the day as well. You can get better point to dollar value if you shop through Groupon or Living Social or Ebay.

Shipping and Returns
They do say it takes 30 days to ship your gift card, but I get egift cards, so that won't take as long.

One Of My Favorite Sites

Comments about MyPoints.com:

I have been a member of MyPoints.com for a few years now and love the site. I have cashed out many times, never with a problem. This site has a very large variety of offers and surveys available. The surveys are relevant to me and are interesting and not too time consuming. The offers on this site are easy to complete and usually pay higher than other gpt sites. I can log in each day and find something different. The customer service on the site is great. They always answer any questions that I may have very quickly. This has become one of my favorite sites. I like that the site is very easy to use and navigate. I really like the fast crediting times. Usually, as soon as I finish an offer I can refresh the page and immediately see my account credited. I would definitely like to recommend this site to everyone who is looking to make a few extra dollars. You will be surprised at how fast your points add up.

Shop With MyPoints

from Saint Anne, IL

Comments about MyPoints.com:

MyPoints is a search engine site. You receive points for using their site to search, to shop and to respond to their surveys or offers. Points are redeemed for gift cards.

The site is easy to use. I have the MyPoints toolbar to make searching easier and to get credit for my searches. When I shop, I go through MyPoints to get credit for my purchases.

Product Selection
MyPoints will feature deals especially for their members. You earn points to shop. Their are many stores to shop.

Product Pricing
The product that MyPoints offers is their rewards which are redeemable with the members points. All other products are offered by the stores that partner with MyPoints.

Customer Service
When you contact their customer service it is done through an e-message. A response is given in a timely manner. Most of the time issues are solved quickly. In the case of points being credited to your account a customer must wait 30 days before anything can be resolved.

Shipping and Returns
I have not had anything shipped or returned since the only thing MyPoints sends you is your reward card.

• Shipping and Returns:

I have been a MyPoints member for many years..mixed feelings.

from Orange County, Ca

Comments about MyPoints.com:

I have been a member for MyPoints.com for several years and have redeemed a few gift cards. I had earned most of my points by being a Bzzagent. Bzzagent has a partnership with MyPoints. Every time I fill out a bzzreport, I earn on average of 50 points towards my account. The downside of this, is that MyPoints has the points waiting in limbo for a few weeks. When I use the site itself, it is so busy and hard on the eyes. I try to answer surveys yet Ivjave yet to qualify after so many years. The site does credit the member 10 points for each disqualification. I had to switch my email accounts as I was receiving too many emails from the site. It was becoming a nuisance. I belong to another rewards site and have earned 3 times the amount of rewards in 2 years.

The site is cluttered, it can be hard to navigate the site.

Product Selection
Excellent selection of gift cards from many companies.

Product Pricing
High number of points is needed to claim a reward.