Other Vacuums:

iRobot Roomba Vacuum

Pros

Cons

Roomba is Life Changing!

Initially I thought this had to be a gimic but I recieved one a gift and decided to give it a try. I couldn't be happy that I did. Roomba changes the way you think about cleaning. Living on the beach meant constantly vacuuming and sweeping to try to battle the never ending sand. Now I don't worry about how much sand the kids drag in (or the cherios, cracker and goldfish they drop). The device frees up so much time it really is life changing. The only downside is intitially you need to roomba proof the house, much like baby proofing. Any loose chords or strings hanging will get caught in roomba's wheels. Other than that this is the only vacuume you need.

Giving up on Roombas

This is the 3rd Roomba product I have had. The first one was a gift from my children who really thought this would be a time saver for me since I have 4 dogs. They helped me understand how to use it efficiently and it was all set up. The first one died after just a few weeks but the warranty kicked in and it was reapired. It then worked for a few more months and once again died. The warranty was still valid so it was fixed once again. When it dies again after a month they simply replaced it with a brand new one. So I was really pleased thinking I just had a defective one. No! This one did the exact same thing. I immediately asked for a replacement instead of another repair and they sent me a 3rd one after I sent back the other one. So the company is great about honoring its warranty but the 3rd one also died. I give up What good is a warranty if you have to repair the item more than you actually use the item. This is defintely not something I will ever prchase. I told my kids not to get this anymore as it is more work vleaning it out for the little time it actually works. I would rather just run my old trusty vacuum.

Maneuverability
It gets stuck on furniture and under things.

Ease of Maintenance
I have to completely clean it out after it barely does a room. This takes more time than if I had vacuumed.

Suction Performance
Does not pick up everything.

Versatility
Gets stuck and sometimes just goes in circles.

If it breaks this easy the design may look good but the functioning is awful.

This is just awful for being durable.

Sent it back-to my closet

from Nesconset, NY

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

The irobot roomba vacuum unfortunately did not live up to the hype of what everyone on television and even family and friends were telling me about it. Everyone saying this little round vacuum that has sensors and cleans your floor and won't crash into things and saved you the time and energy of cleaning your floors. Honestly how lays is that now that I think of it. But anyways I became a customer, not really willingly. My sister bought me one for my birthday. I thought it was kind of ridiculous to begin with but I figured I do a lot of cleaning as it is, maybe this thing would actually do a good job and save my back the work. For about five months, I guess it did okay. It had a problem with dust for some reason which they said it should be able to pick up. It would get clogged and stop working sometimes. My sister didn't give me a gift receipt and I didn't want to hurt her feelings and tell her this thing is not working out, so I called the company and explained the situation to them. Their customer service was terrible because they wouldn't help me in any way or even offer me some sort of replacement piece for the brush part. It's not that great on suction and to be honest, even thought it doesn't bump into things, you probably could trip on it if you didn't see it. Not worth the price and I had to end up keeping it so I didn't feel like I wasted my sisters money. Bad product.

Awesome Daily Vacuum

Profile Image

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

One of the chores I hate most in my house is vacuuming due to the fact that most of my house is made up of hardwood floors and tile. I also have a two year old and a dog so my floors always seem to be dirty no matter how many times I sweep and vacuum them. After complaining a bunch to my mom she bought me the iRobot Roomba vacuum since she had one and really liked hers. I am so glad she did. I love this little vacuum. I plugged in the charging base under and end table in the living room and got it all set up. I am able to let it run during the day taking care of the regular daily dog hair that gets shed and dirt dragged in on everyone's shoes without having to pull out the broom every hour. This vacuum has good suction and does not miss a spot anywhere on the entire first floor. It does take a while to complete the level because it navigates by gently bumping into the walls and furniture and then rearranging itsdirection based on where it came from and where the obstacle is. The bump is too gentle to do any damage to the device or your home and furniture. There is actually a sensor located in the front bumper that helps with the navigation. Another great thing about this vacuum is that if the battery starts to become too low it send and receives a signal from the base unit and returns to it on its own to charge itself. It can be used when I am home or not making it super easy and convenient. I now only pull out the broom and big vacuum one a week thanks to this new little helper. It is easy to empty, clean and maintain. It can transition back and forth from carpet to hardwood and tile floors with ease.

• Versatility:

Convenient but not worth the pirce

from Liberty, KY

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

While we love the convenience of this robotic vacuum and how it lets us do other things while it's working on its own, if we hadn't gotten it at a very deep discount and had to buy it at its normal price, we would so not have felt it was worth its price. On sale and discounted it might be worth it, but you can seriously do a better job by using a regular vacuum for half the price.

Maneuverability
It gets around most obstacles eventually. If you accidentally leave something impassible on the floor (such as a cat toy or piece of clothing) it can and probably will get tangled up. So, while it gets around normal floor stuff (rugs, carpeting) you do have to clean up first.

Ease of Maintenance
Since its on the small side, getting some of the parts apart to clean it can be a pain if you aren't dexterous or have patience.

Suction Performance
Average suction. I think some other regular vacuum cleaners we've owned in the past and still own have a lot more suction.

Versatility
It's versatile in the fact that it does hardwood floors as well as carpeted ones pretty much equally well.

Just don't step on it!

• Versatility:

Use often enough to reduce regular vacuuming

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

If you use often enough to reduce regular vacuuming, then this robot is worth its weight in gold. I would still use my Dyson every couple of weeks or less depending on factors like animals and foot traffic.

Maneuverability
This robot can maneuver under my dresser and coffee tables with ease. It really is pretty smart. It cleans along walls and does not fall down stairs. My favorite feature is that it can go from room to room all by itself with the virtual walls that come included.

Ease of Maintenance
Cleaning rollers takes some time, not to mention that with two girls and a cat in this house, I have to clean them often. Sometimes the robot gets stuck and does not finish its full cycle, then leaving me to find it and have it finish its run.

Suction Performance
Not much suction. This product is more of a carpet sweeper. This product does not get deep down dirt in carpet, but does clean the surface nicely. If suction is what your looking for then I would recommend at least a Dyson if not a Kirby.

A life saver!

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

Automatically cleans the house. Although occasionally stuck under low height objects or get trapped in bathroom, still a great product

Maneuverability
As said above, for a basic type it is good enough, the coverage is great.

Ease of Maintenance
very easy to dump the dirt. Hair removal is a little boring but still good.

Better than Expected

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

This has been the best purchase I have made in a long time. My house has never been cleaner. I have it programmed to run every Wednesday. Before purchasing this, my floors always seen to be dirty. I never liked walking barefoot on the hardwood Now I never feel any dirt when walking on the hardwood.

• Versatility:

My housekeeper keeps my floor clean enough to eat on,,,,almost

from Smiths Station, AL

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

No I don't eat on the floor but my robot does do a wonderful job and believe me my floors are a full time job. I have 4 dogs that live inside and shed a lot even though I keep them well groomed. The dogs are not at all afraid of it either. It has a low buzz sound when cleaning but it doesn't bother the dogs or me. It is easy to take apart to clean and picks up dog hair easily. I charge it at night and use it daily. The battery is easily accessible and inexpensive to replace. I have used mine daily for over a year and the battery still charges fine. I use it on the carpeted parts of my house and on the hard tiled floor in my den.

Maneuverability
It manuvers easily around the room and when it touches a item it reverses direction.

Ease of Maintenance
All of the parts are easily accessible to remove and clean. It only takes minutes to clean it.

Versatility
It cleans equally well on carpet and hard surfaces.

The parts are easily accessible to replace if needed.

• Versatility:

A must have for lazy ( or busy!) people.

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

I love this vacuum. I have no time in the week to sweep or vacuum. I have hardwood floors, and this vacuum makes my place spotless. Plus, it is fun to watch the machine go back and forth over the floors. While it may not have the suction ability of a regular vacuum, it is pretty close. Dirt and hair are picked up. I have not had any issue with maintenance, and I find that it does a good job of maneuvering around my apartments funky layout. I do not have pets and cannot comment on pet hair, but I do shed a lot. The Roomba is easy to clean as well. I love that it cleans when I am not home. I can schedule it to clean when I am work. If only there were appliances that did other cleaning tasks like this! It is worth the price. I highly recommend it.

Suprisinly clean

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

The high price of this vacuum is really worth it. It saves you a lot of time because you can program or schedule it at night and save you all the hard work. I usually clean my floors every two days and now Roomba does all the work. It cleans very well and it is worth every penny. At first we doubted the effectiveness of this appliance and we were even worried for the price, but nowadays, we recommend this to our friends.
The accessories are not hard to find. You can even order it online, so you don’t have to worry about the refills.
We are considering the washer. The positive results of this purchase motivate us to try other products of the same family.

• Versatility:

This should be on your bucket list.

from Pismo Beach, CA

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

I think of all the products I own, Roomba is my favorite. Love coming home from work and seeing my carpets have been vacuumed. It's like having a house cleaner without the monthly cost.

Maneuverability
The whole point about Roomba is that you don't have to push it around or spend time cleaning. You hit the button and leave and it does the whole job itself.

Who cares if it takes three times as longer than a regular vacuum? Or that you have to sweep the same spot many more times than a regular vacuum? You are not doing it, the machine is, so there is no marginal cost to you.

It works beautifully for us, and the fact that we no longer have to worry about spending our free time on vacuuming makes the price totally worth it.

Ease of Maintenance
Have to clean the brushes often.

Sleek look.

Works great and good battery life.