4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Why did I wait so long?

My 4 Maine Coon cats make my life very happy, BUT their fur does NOT! I feel like I spend most of my life chasing their little hairball tumbleweeds that constantly dance across my floor.

When I get home from work, all 4 cats look so innocent. They reluctantly rise from their little beds and baskets, yawning and stretching as if they have slept all day. They slowly amble over to greet me, looking so sweet and pur-fect. However, it only takes a few seconds before they are busted. The tufts of fur and toppled knick knacks paint a very different picture. This use to be the moment of stress. I couldn't relax until I at least dry mopped to eliminate some of the cat hair before I sat down and put my feet up. Now, I simply push the clean button on my Roomba and it's like the good pet zipping around cleaning up after the naughy pets.

Seriously, I feel my house is now cleaner than ever because I run Roomba in the morning before leaving for work, then again when I get home. I've noticed so much less cat hair even on my funiture because it does't get tracked or float through the air nearly as much. Even the ganules kitty litter that would get tracked into the living areas is practically non-existant now that I have Roomba.

It is still necessary to vacuum with my regular vacuum to get into the corners, and behind things that Roomba can't reach, but I will never again be without this awesome robot.

I do empty Roomba once a day and clean the cat hair from the brushes and wheels otherwise the cat hair will get wound around the wheels and the machine will stop.

I am thinking of getting another Roomba for my second floor. So, I guess that says it all.

Frustrating and Not for Families with Long Hair

Great conversation starter. Poor vacuum for our home. I'm a stay-at-home Mom with a toddler and I found this vacuum was a pain to have to deal with every other day, had to constantly monitor it as it would get stuck in various spots and then avoid "debris" that I really NEEDED vacuumed up. After a few weeks, it has terrible "battle scars" from running into every piece of furntiure I own over and over and over...I won't even mention the affect on said pieces. But for me the most frustrating issue is the hair (mainly mine and my 7 year olds long hair) caught in the gears so I have to literally cut it out and spend at least 20 -30 minutes unwrapping it from the gears and nooks and crannies in the vacuum. I could have my whole home vacuumed with an upright in the same amount of time. Maybe this is good for small working families, singles or empty-nesters who are gone all day and don't have to deal with the noise or maintenence. Just not for my family.

So easy and you don't strain your back!

from Dallas, GA

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

We have been using the iRobot Roomba vacuum for years! We actually have three of them now. We use one for each level of our home (upstairs, main floor and basement). They work really great at getting up every little hair and piece of dust. The only issues are: 1) They don't work on stairs 2) They don't get all the way in the corners all though they come close and get some of the dirt. 3) They get stuck on floor vents, sofas and low chairs. 4) The batteries do wear out and have to be replaced. All that being said, they are still my favorite vacuum because I don't have to stand there and push something and work like a dog getting the floor cleaned. I just push a button and let it go. I am all for less work for me physically. Age I get older (and I have a bad back) I am not able to do things as I did when I was in my 20's. With this vacuum, I don't have to spend an hour or so cleaning the floors. I believe in exercise but there are more fun ways to do it than vacuuming floors!

• Versatility:

iRobot Roomba Vacuum is expensive and not very useful!

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

iRobot Roomba Vacuum is expensive and not very useful! I rarely take things back after I buy them, but that is exactly what I did with my iRobot Roomba Vacuum. I thought it would be a great little machine to vacuum my room with hard wood floors. I never intended on using it on carpet although they say it will work (I doubt it).

I went through all the steps to make it work. I put up the little borders to keep it contained in the room. I started the vacuum and I let it run. It really didn't do much. It ran around the room. And it sucked up light dust. But I could still feel that the floor had not been thoroughly cleaned.

So after I put it away, I got out a swiffer duster and went over the floor again and it was almost like the Roomba had not been there! If I have to swiffer after the Roomba vacuums, it isn't worth it for me.

I'm not sure exactly who uses these things and if they are satisfied with the results, but I definitely was not happy with it!

I think rating it a 3 is generous!

• Versatility:

We made fun of this vacuum because it was so dumb.

from Kansas

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

My family received this vacuum from another family member because they were going to throw it away. We thought "well man it can't be THAT bad especially for the price they paid for it, sure give it to us". The iRobot Roomba Vacuum has got to be one of the dumbest electronics out there. It ended up being a toy for our cats at the time.

It sounds really convenient, hit a few buttons and the vacuum will just roll around by itself? AWESOME! That poor blind vacuum would run into everything. It would smack into a door frame and get stuck. It would run right into the wall repeatedly. It would spin in circles sometimes. Oh, and it missed most of the stuff it rolled over. It did however turn into a nice toy for our cats. They loved chasing after the machine. We eventually threw it away because it would ding the walls, chairs, door frames, etc, that it would hit an we didn't want those things being damaged from that dumb vacuum.

I do NOT recommend the iRobot Roomba Vacuum. It doesn't vacuum up items. It just runs into things. It's entertaining to watch the struggle of the poor vacuum and the cats really enjoyed playing with it, but that's about all it's good for!

• Versatility:

Room a 550 works well but high on maintenance.

from Mansfield, OH

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

I gave had many different generations of the Roomba, but the 550 has been the best so far. The Roomba does a good of cleaning most floor types. The only flooring that I would say it doesn't work well on is high pile carpet. It just doesn't have the suction needed to get deep down into those types of carpets. I like the corner brush because it works very well at getting under base boards and into tight corners. The room a operates by using "lighthouses" , which are little towers that set in different rooms to guide the Roomba. I find these to be unattractive. The downsides of the Roomba are that it is a bit Pricey and to keep it running well, you have to do a bit of maintenance such as cleaning brushes if hair. I have had other room a models that have only lasted six months or so, bit this model seems to be a but more reliable. I would recommend making sure you save the Reginald box and manuals, because there's avoid chance you may need to have ome warranty work done at some point.

No work, easy cleaning

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

This iRobot Roomba has replaced an older version of the first one we owned that worked well, but just simply wore out. This cleaning robot starts at the home base and is able to go through the whole first floor of the house without any intervention from us. It almost always does so on one full charge. It does take a fair amount of time for the unit to make it through the whole house level, but it does make for very easy work, since it does what we don't have to. It does occasionally get stuck, but very rarely. We have found that this new unit does a very good job of cleaning and when completed, it returns to the home base for a recharge. This is the second iRobot Roomba we've had, and so far so good. The first one broke a couple of times and was replaced through the warranty. Our hope is that this one will not need that kind of attention and we can just enjoy the ease of cleaning without breakage and inconvenient repair issues. Would definitely recommend this product.

My new housekeeper

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

After we installed wood laminate flooring I was looking for a way to keep them clean without a lot of effort. The Roomba was the perfect answer. We have had it for about three months, and we use it at least 3 x per week. The bot comes with two towers that keep it from going onto areas you don't want it to go. For instance if we are watching tv I put a tower by the doorway and it won't disturb us. It dusts the laminate floors, tile and area rugs with smooth transition. It goes under beds and furniture high enough for it to easily go under. All I have to do is swifter clean my floors once a week and Roomba does the rest. My dog hates my regular vacuum but is not afraid of the Roomba at all. It is also a lot quieter than a regular vacuum. The brushes and filters are easily cleaned and snap in and out with no problem. Love it! Highly recommend!

• Versatility:

"how'd the floors get so clean?" "I don't know. ask my roomba"

from Denver, CO

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

Hmm..where shall i start? it all started when i was housesitting, and I saw this black disc-shape floating and dancing across the floor. i jumped onto the bed and screamed, as did the dog. i was convinced. NO bending over with an aching back and trying to maneuver the square shaped vacuum edge and cramming it into the corner? sign me up! soo....i'd have to say, it's a great substitute and in betweeners of heavy duty vacuum cleanings, but as far as daily usage, it's a great gizmo (gadget? something like that). the only thing is even with the side brush, i do notice sometimes there are fine crumbs in the corners (WHat is it with these corners?!) and the bristles underneath seem to be a little weak. with that said, it's great to see it going under the bed, and has no problem going on top of the rugs (which i would otherwise have to step on both edges of the rug with a regular vacuum cleaner preventing it from begin sucked up into the vacuum because it's being pulled up into mid-air. (is it just me?!) and the battery life has been good....at least most of the times, it can find the charging/docking station to go to...and sometimes i do see that it wanders around aimlessly trying to find its home. but all in all, can't beat a fairly quiet, cleaning device that takes care of the mundane constant sweeping.

A magical floor cleaner.

from Oxford, AL

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

This iRobot is perfect for not just busy women (and/or men) it is perfect for anyone. It does the vacuuming for you while you do other household chores or just relax.

Maneuverability
It covers the whole area you want vacuumed. It gets in all the corners and when it runs in to a barrier, it immediately bounces off and goes in another direction. It need to have a clear area to clean in, no electrical cords, or tassels on rugs.

Ease of Maintenance
I was surprised at how quick and easy it is to maintain. Just empty the dust bin and wipe off.

Suction Performance
It has amazing suction for such a small item. I was extremely pleased at the amount of "trash" it picks up and I thought I was a good housekeeper.

Versatility
You can use it on any floor surface and know you are getting a thorough job.

I like the design of the iRobot. It is a perfect vacuum. Doesn't take up much space, is easy to store and the design is exactly what you need for a vacuum that works on its own.

I found the iRobot to be very durable. It bounces off barriers and keeps right on going. Doesn't leave any marks on the walls or on itself.

• Versatility:

The best vacuum for busy families.

from Stewartville, MN

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

In a home with four kids, three dogs and various shades of white carpet throughout, it is virtually impossible to keep the carpets looking clean and fresh on a daily basis. The roomba has been doing just that for over a month now. It does need a little suprevision. The machine will stop and tell you it needs its brushes cleaned when there is a lot of pet hair - but with daily use this happens infrequently. It also occasionally goes under a peice of furniture and gets stuck coming back out. (Though in a month of daily use, this has happened only twice on a sofa with a particularly low profile.) Roomba does pick up very small toy peices, but they are easily retrieved from the bagless dirt bin. It goes around larger "clutter". The lighthouse and virtual wall units work well as virtual walls, but don't seem to be effective when in use as a lighthouse. This is not a big deal though, since Roomba will cover the entire area it has access too even without the lighthouses. For large areas with open floor plans it is a good idea to have two or more virtual walls so Roomba can do smaller areas more effectively.Roomba wil dock itself fairly consistently when it is done or the battery is low. It does sometimes die before it finds its base again however. Once on the base it recharges quickly enough to be used several times (or in several areas) a day.Overall, the Roomba 500 series does a great job of cleaning. It is easy to empty the bin and clean the brushes, which must be done after every use in homes with heavy pet hair. The ease of use makes it ideal for daily or even twice daily cleaning. It does require some supervision as it can get stuck or stop because of too much pet hair on the brushes. Even with its drawbacks, the Roomba 500 series is well worth the money. It makes it possible for even very busy people with very dirty homes to have really clean carpets all the time.

Love my new cleaning partner

from Ocala, FL

Comments about iRobot Roomba Vacuum:

Roomba is great hands-free vacuum cleaner. Little prep is needed.

You can leave shoes on floors, books, whatever…he goes around them.

You do not have to move chairs.

He auto shuts off when he is done. If he detects lots of dirt, he vacuums more.

What is not to like???

I  have special rubber rugs I use for Roomba under my antique furniture. I have a lighthouse but that is too much trouble to figure out and it requires batteries.

You can use the rubber rugs (three stair treds stacked) to block the little guy.He rarely gets stuck.