Other Vacuums:

Pros

Cons

Love It!

from Hartford, CT

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
  • Cleans Under Furniture
  • Covers Entire Room
  • Hassle Free Operation
  • Large Debris Bin
  • Long Run Time
  • Pet Friendly

Cons

• Carpeted Rooms
    • Hardwood Floors
    • Tile Floors

Comments about iRobot Roomba Pet Vacuum:

I love my Roomba! This is my third or fourth model and I was glad to find a pet specific model since I have both cats and dogs and hair is always an issue.

This is the absolute simplest thing to use! You simply turn it on and let it do its thing. It picks up everything from pet hair to litter to dry food pieces and human related debris such as sand and pine needles tracked in from outside as well. Should the bin fill up before the cleaning cycle is complete Roomba alerts you and you just slide the bin out, empty it, and slide it back in. The entire process takes about thirty seconds. The bin on this model is larger than on non-pet models so it holds a lot of debris, which means less emptying! Usually I empty the bin before each new cycle and it works out perfectly.

Roomba also goes under furniture such as tables, beds, and sofas to get all those hard to reach places that regular vacuums can't.

Overall, with the power and ease of use this is a joy to have in my home and it makes keeping things tidy infinitely easier. I highly, highly recommend this!

Amazing

Comments about iRobot Roomba Pet Vacuum:

Great Product. Works as described. Cleans around the furniture with no problem. Goes on to hard surfaces from carpet without any problems.

Maneuverability
    Great product. Moves around furniture with no problem. When its done or the battery gets low it goes back to the dock for charging. A great product to have in any household. I got one for christmas and love it. Now if they can make one to do the steps we would be not sweeping anything.

Ease of Maintenance
    Easy to empty the container and change the filter with no problems. It's easier to empty the container then to change a sweeper bag.

Suction Performance
    Had no problems with the suction of this unit. Within the first few passes there was already particles from the floor in the bag less canister. I had no problems emptying the canister in-between cleanings.

The design of this unit is great. It maneuvers around corners and will even follow the wall to get close cleaning of the wall. No problems on the design. I will even stop and try to escape if it comes into contact with an electric cord. The suction of the unit stops and it moves on to a new place and then starts again.

Roomba- Its the best!

Comments about iRobot Roomba Pet Vacuum:

Roomba runs around my house cleaning, spinning, knocking, cleaning and more cleaning. My husband and I were totally surprised with the results after we cleaned our home 6 months after shifting at a new place. We actually like that it comes with extra set of easy to clean brushes. Easily you get notified if something is stucked or it needs charging. However, to maintain it, you need to do frequent cleaning of the brushes, because hair gets easily wrapped but good overall.

• Versatility:

Perfect for a house without a lot of surface dirt.

from Mountainside, NJ

Comments about iRobot Roomba Pet Vacuum:

Not for heavy duty vacuuming, but my house is all wood and tile floors with a few rugs. I use Roomba once a week, and I never have to vacuum. Get as much off the floor as I can, press go, and let Roomba go through the house for 40-60 minutes. Sometimes I lift the rugs off he floor too. Sometimes I'll shut the door of a room and let it go for 15 minutes to just get the one room done.

Maneuverability
    Just let Roomba go, and it picks up dirt and dust everywhere, IF there's an obstacle, it bounces off and turns to go in another direction.

Ease of Maintenance
    I clean out the dirt trap after every use, and give Roomba thorough cleaning every 4-5 times. Otherwise the mechanisms get clogged.

Suction Performance
    Gets dirt and dust off the floor. Can get clogged by anything too large, like leaves.

Versatility
    Works on hardwood, tile and rugs.

I can see how a square design might get into corners better, but I'm pretty happy with it.

I've only had it 3 months, but so far so good.

• Versatility:

Carefree vacuum for pet owners!

from Ft Mitchell, KY

Comments about iRobot Roomba Pet Vacuum:

This is my 3rd Roomba...the 1st was the wet 'mop' type...I absolutely loved it, but I did not treat it gently enough and it broke on me...I bought a Roomba 'dirt-dog', and though the name connotes that it would have been great for us,the dog hair was just too much for it. My favorite is this one. This model, the Pet 532, is just perfect! We have dogs in our home at all times (from 2 to 5, depending on the day), and the floors get cleaned at least once/day. This machine has been going for months now, with no problems at all, my floors are clean, the house is waaaay less dusty, and I LOVE THIS VACUUM!

Maneuverability
    Just stick it in the middle of the room and push the button!

Ease of Maintenance
    It is best to clean the brushes each time, but I only do it when the machine beeps and tells me to, just pop 'em out, de-hair them, and pop 'em back in!

Suction Performance
    Seems to pick up most things,but large or long, stringy things make the machine stop and you have to remove the object (simple).

Versatility
    Hmmm...it can't get into teeny areas or do steps...

Wish I had invented this!

After much use,still working like new!

• Versatility:

The iRobot Roomba is fantastic!

from Winterville, GA

Comments about iRobot Roomba Pet Vacuum:

The iRobot Roomba 532 Pet Robotic Vacuum is fantastic. I've had it for approximately two months and run it three to four times a week. It works wonders with all the pet hair in my house. We have two pugs that shed constantly and I can see the difference from using the Roomba versus a traditional vacuum. The convenience fo being able to do other chores around the house while the Roomba vacuums for you is worth purchasing this alone. As for maintenance, I normally have to clean out the brushes once a week. It comes with toold for doing this and is not hard to do at all. Less than five minues and you are done. I empty the tray after the Roomba is done running and has docked itself for recharging. It comes with two trays, one is a regular tray with a filter and the second is a large capacity tray which is great for large messes. It has picked up everything that has been in its path although I do go through the house and pick up anything that is bigger before I run it, such as rubberbands, change, etc. Although I have not personally had to deal with customer service, my mother has and it is excellent. I highly recommend this vacuum, especially if you have pets like me!

The Roomba 532 is smart

from Fullerton, CA

Comments about iRobot Roomba Pet Vacuum:

The Roomba 532 is a great vacuum cleaner. I personally do not have pets but I bought this product because I figured it would be a strong vacuum and great for picking up hair. And it is. The Roomba has a mind of its own and tracks where it has cleaned and where it hasn't so that it covers the whole room. One downside is that it sometimes has trouble finding its docking station when it is done cleaning. Sometimes I find the Roomba has ran out of batteries and died in a random corner of the room. Make sure you keep the Roomba barricaded within one room so it doesn't wander into other rooms far from its docking station. When hte Roomba is docked, it charges its batteries. It is a fun vacuum to watch clean and I am pleased with how well it works. It is somewhat expensive and must be cleaned out frequently since it is small. If you don't mind vacuuming yourself, then I would not get the Roomba.