View more cell phones

Other Cell Phones:
LG
LG-VX9900
enV Cell Phone

Summary

LG VX9900 enV is both a thick clamshell and a small QWERTY flip phone. Closed, the phone has a small external screen. Open, the internal screen is bright and colorful.

LGenV Cell Phone

Pros

Cons

I envy the enV!

I saw this phone a while ago and thought it looked like something I NEEDED!  When it was time to get a new cell phone, I did a lot of research online to see what others had to say.  I was trying to decide between this phone and another that was similar to it.  The reviews I read about this phone were mostly positive.

I have to say, I'm glad I chose this phone.  I don't have anything negative to say about it.  I thought I'd hate it because it isn't a flip phone.  But I actually don't really notice that it's not a flip phone.  The buttons lock after 7 seconds (this can be changed to make it default to lock at other intervals, or not at all) and I never have to worry about my phone making random calls while it's in my purse.  When someone calls, instead of having to flip a phone open, I just push the "ok" button and answer the call.  It's really simple.

I love the full keyboard.  It makes text messaging and emailing REALLY easy!  The screen on the front of the phone is small, but not so small that you can't see anything.  The screen on the inside is much bigger and I think it's a perfect size for a cell phone.

I've only used the camera a couple times, and don't really like it.  But I'm not really a cell phone camera user.  Other reviews I've read have had positive things to say about the camera though.

I've had this phone for almost 2 months, and don't have a complaint yet.  I'll let you know if I find any!  :)  I'm pretty picky and critical of my cell phones.  So if I do have any complaints, I think I would have known by now!

This is a perfect phone for anyone who does a lot of text messaging or emailing from their phone.  The price is pretty reasonable for the features it comes with.

It's not the worst phone in the world, but not the best either.

I have only had this phone for two months, and already have found a handful of things that really bother me about it.  The biggest annoyance is that it randomly will shut itself off.  I took it into Verizon after the first couple of times it did it, and they told me it was because it had to be upgraded (I hadn't even had the phone for a month), so they did the upgrade and sent me on my way.  Two months later, and I'm still having the same problem.  Another thing that really annoys me is the buzzing in my ear when I'm talking on the phone.  It's something to do with the speaker placement.  If I use a hands-free set, there is no buzzing, but I don't use one that often, so the buzzing is kind of annoying.

A couple of things I do like abou it are:  the keyboard and the camera.  Both are great.  Keyboard actually didn't take as long to get used to as I thought it would, and the camera takes great pictures.

I guess if these things don't bother you, then this phone would be fine.  But, I won't get it again.

I'm very happy with the LG env cell phone

Comments about LG enV Cell Phone:

I traded in my Convoy flip phone for this perfectly good used LG enV phone just recently. I love it. Best decision I've made in a long time. I went to a store in Ocala Florida that buys and cells used cell phones. I traded in my Convoy and now I can text easier and faster. I love how the front is a fully functional phone, and then it opens up to a full keyboard, which makes texting so much easier. The phone is really simple to use, especially if you haven't owned a cell phone before. I figured it out without any instructions.

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

Easy to uses, attractive design and just the right size to find.

from Pomona, CA

Comments about LG enV Cell Phone:

The Verizon Envy VX9100M has spoiled me.

It is so easy to enter contacts, making calls, send e-mails and instant messages, listen to music and browse the web on this telephone, that I hate having to use any of my friends cell phones. I also love how the Envy looks and feels. The plum color is enticing and the size is just perfect to hold and locate in my purse. Its video screen is crisp. and the 2.0 mgp camera takes excellent pictures and videos. This is the best cell phone I have seen, it has everything I want and I still can not find anything wrong with it, and I have been using this phone for over six months.

I Love My EnV

from Redmond, WA

Comments about LG enV Cell Phone:

I love my EnV phone. I did "upgrade" to the EnV2 when it came out and could not stand it! I ended up selling the 2 and rebuying a used original EnV. It has never let me down. The battery life is excellent and they QWERTY keyboard is just the right size and comfortable and easy to hold

If you can type well, you will love this phone!

from Harrisburg, IL

Comments about LG enV Cell Phone:

Love this phone!  I sit behind a computer all day, so when I text, I can do so very easily.  My family and I work different shifts, so we do a lot of texting.  The full keyboard is so much easier to use.  I thought I wanted a Blackberry or Motorola Q, but my cell phone carrier requires an internet connection with those, and I refused to pay the additional cost every month in addition to 5 cell phones already.  I continued to look and a few months later, found this.  I would highly recommend this to anyone who is typing savvy.

I love this phone!

from Gresham, OR

Comments about LG enV Cell Phone:

I got the new green enV about a month ago.  The battery hasn't died on me yet.  I charge it when I notice it's getting low which is usually about every 4 days, 3 if I use it a ton.  texting is easy with the qwerty keyboard.  reception seems to be good.  it's an easy phone to use.  I haven't used my instruction book for anything yet.  The only thing I haven't figured out on my own is how to take a video with it which I'm not even certain it can do.  I have hated my last 2 phones so figured I'd wind up hating this one too but so far I love it!

Great so far love the orange one with great txting qwerty.

from Louisville, KY

Comments about LG enV Cell Phone:

Great phone so far.  Love the orange one with great texting and qwerty keyboard.  2 megapixs camera phone & flip open with speakers.  Long lasting battery and great size.  It has a full keypad. Great sound quality. Love my new phone.

I love this phone!

from Orem, UT

Comments about LG enV Cell Phone:

This phone took a bit to get used to because of the full keypad but now I can't imagine not having it.  The tools options are great and I like the alarms features.  Another part I like is that the camera lens has a sliding cover so I don't have to worry about scratching it.   People on the other end of the line say the sound quality is good and I have no problems hearing others, even when on speaker phone.

it's an easy to use device, on the go, or to sit and play.

from Clarkesville, GA

Comments about LG enV Cell Phone:

excellent phone... i had "The v" by LG and loved it. unfortunately I was a little rough with it and had trouble with my battery. I'm sure it could have been replaced and the phone could have been used longer but I decided to upgrade and i chose the latest model of LG's V which is "the EnV." I love it like my other one, it's about the same with a few more features. I'm a text messaging freak of nature so it works perfect for me. The camera is AMAZING for a cell phone. My best friend has the orange one and i have the silver....i'm very happy with it

I love this phone!!

from Danville, OH

Comments about LG enV Cell Phone:

I got this phone for my birthday in september. I love it!! I"m not sure how I ever txted anyone before I had the full keyboard. Here are the things I like about this phone: Easy setup and usage, Full keyboard, Vcast, Navigation, email, IM, multiple sound/display options built in. The only thing that I dont really like is that the camera has a big delay and sometimes it is a little bulky but overall I love this phone!!

Good, durable product, high quality.

from Bloomington, IL

Comments about LG enV Cell Phone:

Overall, I've been very pleased with my phone.  I did have a minor problem initially with the phone charger, I was actually unable to talk on the phone and charge it at the same time, no one could hear me.  However, Verizon was very pleasant and provided a replacement at no extra charge.  I usually tend to try and purchase durable products for myself knowing that many accidents have happened, especially working outside with Habitat building houses, and I must say this phone is very durable, I'm pleased.  It's gotten wet, dropped, kicked, tossed, sat on, and had stuff spilled on it and it still works just like new.  Granted, I wouldn't try all of these things just to test this theory :), but usually if a product can survive me, it can usually last anyone.The qwerty keyboard is great for texting without getting carpal tunnel syndrome :).  It also makes it easy to incorporate capitalization and symbols into the text message without having to go through a bunch of menu options to find the symbol you are looking for.Overall, the 2.0 megapixel camera is good if you want to catch a moment of hilarity but don't have a digital camera with you.  You can get a very high resolution picture, and there are some options to vary the shutter speed, lighting, color composition (sepia, b/w etc.); however, if you are looking to replace your digital camera with a phone camera...it's not quite up to par to produce that kind of high quality pictures and it takes a good while for the camera to both take the picture and reset after taking a picture.Finally, the bluetooth is also a great feature.  I have bluetooth capability on my laptop which makes it extremely simple to connect to my computer and upload pictures, addresses, contacts, etc.The only other con I found was that you can no longer record a sound to your phone and turn it into your ringtone.  However, there are work arounds for that as well.