Other Cell Phones:
UTStarcom
TXT8010
UTStarcom Blitz Cell Phone

UTStarcom Blitz Cell Phone

The Blitz was build for text messaging and is easy to read.

Being a Verizon wireless customer I went in search of a new phone. I text quite frequently and the QWERTY Keyboard was a must for me.  I am very glad I chose the Blitz for the texting ease.  It did not take long to get used to this phone.  One of the best features is the large display for text and calls.  You can see the numbers and letters on this large display screen. One of the downfalls is the size of the keys.  They are indeed small.  I do not have a problem typing on them.  I can see someone with large hands having problems.  I guess this phone is better suited for smaller hands.  It does not have all the bells and whistles as a blackberry....which I personally had no need for anyway.  The sound is nice and loud...both on speaker phone or using it normally.  One downfall may be it slides open.  If it is in my pocket and it rings....I have opened it getting it out of my pocket and lost calls.  So far signal quality has been acceptable.   The camera is easy to use and takes decent pictures. It  has a slot for a mini SD card.  I have  4 gig card in it now and will not fill it any time soon.   I am happy with my choice..... I am sure you would be too.

Verizon Wireless Blitz has querty keyboard but drops calls.

I have had my Verizon Wireless Blitz cellphone for almost a year.  I do have it on the pay as you go program.  I love the fact that it has a full querty keyboard.  It is a cute phone with a large screen.  I love being able to slide it up to use the keyboard with ease.  The blue color of the phone is my favorite color so that was a plus for me.  The things that I don't like about the phone is that it drops calls all the time.  Almost every time I use it.  Therefore, I don't make or receive alot of calls but I text alot on it.  I gave up trying to have any kind of phone calls on it because of the dropped calls.  Another thing that I don't like about it is that sound is sort of muffled.  When I am talking on it, I have a hard time hearing because of the muffled sound.  I read online about that before I bought it so I already expected that.  Overall, it's a great texting phone, but I wouldn't buy it if you want to talk alot on it.  One more side note...there is no flash for the camera and so the picture quality isn't great.

I really like my phone- about time!

from Concord, NC

Comments about UTStarcom Blitz Cell Phone:

I really got tired of the flip phone, but really did not have a need for one of thoes iphones. I just won't use all that stuff. So I found the Blitz and just LOVE it. I does everything I need it to do and looks good,a nd different too. Everything on it is very easy to use. I have owned my phone for just over a year and still have no problems. This phone is very durable as well- i don't know how many times I have dropped it and you would never know it by looking at it.

The best cell phone I have ever owned,

from Ocean City, NJ

Comments about UTStarcom Blitz Cell Phone:

I have had this phone coming up on a year and I have never had interrupted service or its never needed repairs. this is the 1st cell phone I have ever had that I am able to say that about. It is a really great phone!!!!

Blitz phone is ok phone

from Colton, CA

Comments about UTStarcom Blitz Cell Phone:

I quite like the look of the Blitz, it is a nice smooth looking slider phone, that reveals a full qwerty keyboard. The keys for the qwerty board are a bit small, but once you use it alot you start getting the hang of the phone. It has a 1.3 megapixel camera, so that is nothing to write home about. It seems more expensive phones have better quality pictures, they have much better mexapixels now a days. So why this does not have more mexapixels is beyond me. The phone is pretty simple, it has your basics, nothing too fancy. It has a stopwatch which I like in phones, it comes handy when you cook, or need to time something. It also has a music player which I quite like on phones, and was something I did not require in the past. Now that I have had one, i always look for a phone with a music player. I would recommend it to someone that like stexting, as the qwerty makes it fun and easy to send text messages. But if you are someone who likes teh newest and coolest of phones and gadgets, I would think this is not it.

Good starter phone with qwetry for blitz cell phone

from Addison, NY

Comments about UTStarcom Blitz Cell Phone:

I liked this phone because of the qwerty keyboard and it was a simple phone, good starter phone. The negatives would be the keys are small, no flash for camera and the keys easily gets scratched off. but other than that its a pretty good phone.

The Blitz is a Good Device

from Denver, CO

Comments about UTStarcom Blitz Cell Phone:

I like a small cell phone that slides open. The Blitz fulfills this requirement. It has  a full QWERTY keyboard that makes texting very wasy. I find the buttons are even big enough for me to text without issue. Nonetheless, the Blitz is relatively small -- I can slide it open and closed with one hand. I also find that it's a slick, attractive design.

As a phone it works perfectly well for both talk and text. However, the manufacturers should save space and money by not even bothering with the camera. It takes horrible, grainy pictures. It's awkward to use because the photo on the screen is not what gets saved -- the tagline down at the bottom makes centering difficult to gauge. Also, considering I like one-handed construction, it is difficult to hold the phone and click the photo button with just one hand.

Some people might prefer the phone come in different colors, However, the color is shiny and has maintained even after two years.

the little phone that could!

from South Bend, WA

Comments about UTStarcom Blitz Cell Phone:

we had this phone for 2 years and loved it. it had been dropped in a drink and dropped on the ground about a thousand times and this phone just kept on going!! the qwerty keyboard is very easy to use and it fits nicely in your pocket. the layout of this phone makes it very easy to get acquainted with this little spitfire without needing to use the manual. picture quality was pretty good, call quality was outstanding and the screen is huge which makes it great to view pics. never a dropped call, tunnel sounds or fuzziness. callers could hear us great too. this is an amazing little phone that can be put through the ringer and still keep on ringin!

Look cool but bulky

from Tampa, FL

Comments about UTStarcom Blitz Cell Phone:

The Blitz looked like a cool phone on the outside, but once you actually hold it and start hauling it around, it's kind of more heavier then the average cell phone. I was not used to having a cell phone that was a little more weighty thus it kept slipping out of the hands which did not happen as often with my previous cell phones. The buttons on the keypad are hard to use too I can only imagine if it is hard for me to use, to just see a grown man or someone with chubbier fingers try to press the keys on the keyboard which do not really stick out much so you really have to push it in for it to work. Also, the button were extremely small, I've seen bigger buttons on a Blackberry. Another downfall is not being able to control the brightness of the screen, I liked that feature on other phones. In addition to the given choice of ringtones for the phone, mine came with some different ones which I had not heard on any other Verizon phone to date, but they were alright and to say the least interesting.

Verizon Wireless Blitz has querty keyboard but drops calls.

from Austin, IN

Comments about UTStarcom Blitz Cell Phone:

I love my Verizon Blitz, it's perfect!

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about UTStarcom Blitz Cell Phone:

I purchased my Verizon Blitz approximately 2 months ago and can say that i have never been as satisfied with a cell phone as i am now.  This is my first phone that has the qwerty keyboard so i don't have another phone to compare the Blitz to but i love it!  The buttons are big enough to text with ease and small enough to avoid having to stretch your fingers across the whole phone to hit the buttons.  The only thing i would improve is the camera.  It is 1.3 megapixels and i really don't know if that is considered good or not but the quality of my pictures are definitely lacking.  If it wasn't for the camera, I would have given the rating a five star instead of four.  At first i thought it might be me, so i asked others to give it a try and it's definitely the phone.  The pictures are fuzzy and has poor lighting.  But again, EVERYTHING else is absolutely perfect!!  I am constantly getting compliments on my adorable phone.  As soon as someone sees it, they comment on how small it is and cute.

A little bulky, but it's great for texting!

from Broomfield, CO

Comments about UTStarcom Blitz Cell Phone:

The Blitz phone is overall an OK phone. It's really bulky- it's not tall, but boy is it fat! It has a slide out QWRTY keyboard, which, of course, is great for texting and web browsing and all that. It wouldn't really be helpful if you dialed numbers like 1-800-STEEMER or 1-800-ROCKHUT (I totally made the latter one up :P) or something because it doesn't have the specific letters for the number-does that make sense? It doesn't have ABC listed under 1 like, say, a flip phone would. The battery on it lasts FOREVER. Like, a week or so. The camera is foul- it does not work at ALL in dark or even dim lighting. It has to be really light out for it to work. My old phone, a Krzr, took at least 5 minutes to delete all of the messeges from my inbox. This one only takes 5 seconds, and it gives you the option as to whether you want to delete all messeges or just all messages except for unread ones. It doesn't seem to hold more than 175 messages- but I don't have a micro SD card for mine. Just to let you know, there IS a slot for that. I really wish it came in more than just blue...