Other E-commerce Websites:

eBates.com

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Whee! Free money. Well, I spent it and got some back so, whee!

**Quick View****ebates.com** is a free site that gives you cash back on all purchases made through their site. You just need to log on, find the online store that you want to visit, and click through ebates to get there. From there, you will shop as usual. **ebates.com** will give you anywhere from 1-15% of your order total back. No strings attached.**Full View**I had heard about "coupon sites" for a while but finally decided to check around and see exactly what they were. One site, which isn't really a coupon site but that I am dedicated member of now, was **ebates.com**.This site is found money. All you have to do is register and give them a paypal address. Then, each time you want to shop online, log into **ebates.com** and see if the store you want to go to is on their long list. If so, click through **ebates.com** to get there. They will track how much you spend and credit you with the percentage of your order that they are currently offering. For instance, I shop at Drugstore.com a lot. I go through **ebates.com** and get 6% of my order total back every time. And all it entails is me going to **ebates.com** and clicking through to Drugstore.com!Every three months, you will get your accumulated cash back via paypal. You may be able to request a check but I go the paypal route. There are also coupons and other perks to save you money on the site but I just use it as a cash back site. I usually already have coupon codes before I choose what store to visit.This is a win-win situation for buyers and I encourage you all to sign up. You can also get $5.00 for each friend you refer who uses the service. The money can pile up if you are an avid online shopper like I am!**My Viewpoint on ebates.com**I love it. I am also a member of *fatwallet.com* which is essentially the same type of site but has some different stores and a few different percentages for cash back. I check both for the best deal and use the one that gives me the most cash back.**ebates.com** has hundreds of affiliated stores and has NEVER made an error, missed an order, or skipped a payment. I trust them. And I have saved a lot of money by simply clicking through their site to shop. If you shop online, why NOT save a little extra? There are no strings, no cost to you, and no bait and switching. ***I give ebates.com 5 stars ***for saving me money and for flawlessly tracing my orders and getting them right every time.*Visit www.ebates.com for more info and to sign up!*

A scam! Cashback not credited, won't investigate after 90 days.

Having been a user of Fatwallet.com (which I think is fantastic), I gave ebates a try on two separate purchases from "Collections, etc." I noticed that I never got cashback credit for my transactions. I submitted complaints to ebates, and got response that "a real customer service rep" would respond shortly.  After a week and a half, I inquired again, and got a response saying that ebates cannot look into transactions that are more than 90 days old. So, (1) the "real customer service rep" never responded without my having followed up, and (2) ebates won't investigate the cashback transactions that I'm entitled to.

I will never use ebates again, for sure. In contrast, Fatwallet responds IMMEDIATELY to your online inquiries. It's almost scary-- like somebody is sitting there waiting for your complaint!  I've had several cases at Fatwallet where my cashback was not credited --and I requested an inquiry. Always, Fatwallet responded immediately, investigated, resolved the issue (in my favor) within 3 days or less. Also, amazingly, Fatwallet will send you an email query if you've logged onto Fatwallet and browsed in various online stores, but did not actually make a purchase. The inquiry simply asks you to make sure you check to see if you got your cashback credited from "X", since it was noticed that you were shopping in "X", but may not have made a purchase.

Let's review: Fatwallet has great customer service and is honest beyond belief. Ebates has terrible customer service, and can only be described as a scam.

It is not easy to use!

from Madison, ME

Comments about eBates.com:

I spend an hour searching for the "order number",however I had not received one,only to find out the confirmation number goes in two different places. One of which labeled as ORDER NUMBER. This was very frustrating, and a complete waste of time due to an important mistake made by Ebates.com, however the website does come in handy.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Eeasy!

from Potomac, MD

Comments about eBates.com:

I have been shopping through myluckyrewards.com for years. You can only shop through that site if you have a subscription to the magazine. But they have a good selection of sites to shop from and include some you won't see elsewhere. I did a lot of shopping online at Macy's over the holiday season and I remember seeing an email from EBATES with a generous cash back offer. It was more than double what myluckyrewards was offering, Although that was a special offer, the usual cash back from Macy's when shopping through ebates is still generous. I switched over to EBATES for all my holiday shopping except in cases where they are not affiliated with with the merchant. The cash is usually deposited into your EBATES account within 24 hours. On the one occasion it was not, I contacted EBATES and got a quick and friendly response. If the credit was not in my account within the next 72 hours, all I had to do was send them a screen shot or copy and past the electronic receipt and the adjustment would be made. And it was! You do not get your money back instantly. They work on a quarterly system. The amount you earned will be cashed out about 45 days after the end of the quarter. It's not a scam. It allows them to ensure the customer didn't return everything they bought and try to collect the cash back anyway. I will make EBATES my primary shop through site, but will use other sites when EBATES does not have an association with a merchant.

Shipping and Returns
Not really a factor here. But if you don't want the money I guess they will take it back

Ebates - Easy way to save

from Mount Laurel, NJ

Comments about eBates.com:

I have been an Ebates member for many many years. I have been able to use them to obtain cash back saving on many items and I believe the cash adds up quicker than other sites. Only thing I found over the years is that not all the companies I want to purchase from are part of Ebates. I still try to make it a habit to check to see if the company I want to purchase something from is available through Ebates before I do buy something. I love saving especially when you purchase a higher price item like a computer. I have noticed lately that they have included some of the larger stores and double percentage point days. They didn't advertise for a long time and many were not aware they even existed but I have seen advertisements on TV for them and I keep sending out emails to my family and friends to try them out. It doesn't cost you anything and you get money back for things you were going to purchase in the first place. I recommend giving them a try and you will see how fast the cash can add up.

Customer Service
Never had to use them but I would think they are as easy to use as their website.

Shipping and Returns
No problems here they don't ship your order they direct you to the stores website.

• Shipping and Returns:

Good rewards website....if you shop online a lot.

from Florida

Comments about eBates.com:

Ebates has been around for awhile now and has been pretty fierce in their advertising. I joined awhile back when starting to shop for my newborn. I was doing the majority of my shopping online and was doing what most parents do, trying to stretch a dollar. Ebates does help with that.

When you first sign up you get to pick your first reward. There are a few different e gift cards you can choose from. As long as you shop from the Ebates portal you build up points or cash back when you spend a certain amount. Then you can cash out at a certain point.

Its a great tool for mothers like myself as well as just about anyone else who is looking to make their money really last.

I've been able to stretch dollars to be able to get more Christmas and birthday presents since joining Ebates. I've never had any problems with cashing out, or getting what I've earned. I would definitely recommend using this rewards site.

• Shipping and Returns:

Great way to earn cash back if you shop online!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about eBates.com:

If you shop a lot online, then you need to use Ebates.com. It is a great, easy way to earn cash back. Especially right now during the holidays, it's an easy fun way to earn extra cash. Basically I'm getting paid to shop online.

They have pretty much every store I've ever heard of online from your big chains Target, Sears, Gap, to luxury stores like Barneys and Neiman Marcus. They also have websites like Amazon and Overstock.com.

The best thing about Ebates is unlike other reward companies, they pay in cash. They will send what they call a big fat check in the mail. Although if you are looking for quick cash, this is not for you. They send it every few months and they have a minimum of what you have to earn before they can cut you a check. But if you are already shopping online, this is a way to get paid to do it.

It's very easy through their website. The percentages range from 2% to sometimes 12%. They have weekly deals and featured stores they change all the time. Right now they even have double cash, where percentages are doubled of certain websites. They even have great featured coupons available for your use.

It's a no brainer if you are already planning on spending money online.

• Shipping and Returns:

User friendly. Great addition to online shopping.

Comments about eBates.com:

For anyone who shops online, whether all the time or every now and again, ebates is a must have type of sight. They have a huge selection of stores that offer cash back ranging from electronics to clothes, magazines to makeup, and so much more. Some stores offer larger cash back than others but they all are rather fair. The site itself is very simple to use and easy to get your money from. I like that there is the option to get a check in the mail or receive it in the form of paypal. Ebates only sends out the cash back every 3 months which can be hard to wait for. If I could change anything about the site it would be cash outs every month insteas of every third month.

The Ebates website is very easy to use and I think it's set up nicely. Shopping categories are in plain sight or you can easily search by store name.

Product Selection
I have only come across one or two stores that were not on ebates. They were lesser known stores though. There is a gigantic selection of not only stores to get cash back in but also many coupons to save money while shopping.

Product Pricing
It's free to use and they offer many coupons which will save you a little to alot of money depending on what you need.

• Shipping and Returns:

Get rewarded for purchases you already make.

Comments about eBates.com:

I love shopping on this site. Initially, you receive $10 cash back just for registering, which is free. Further, for each purchase you make through other online retailers (ebay, amazon, guess, kmart, etc), you receive a cash back reward based on how much you spend. So, if you already shop online, this site will pay you back for making a purchase you were planning on making anyway. Plus you aren't limited on where you can spend cash back. As long as you reach a spending threshold, you are going to be rewarded for using the e bates site to make your online purchases.

Product Pricing
Of course it depends on where you shop, as prices are subject to the online retailer you are buying other goods from. But, comparison shopping will allow you to save and to find the best deals possible for different items you plan on purchasing on the site.

Shipping and Returns
Again, like savings, shipping and return averages will vary based on where you shop. With most retailers, items tend to arrive two to three days after the purchase is initially made.

Ebates.com

Comments about eBates.com:

Ebates.com is this really cool website that earns you cash back on your online shopping. It has tons of stores on there too. You find the store's website you want to shop from the huge selection, click on the "shop now"link and it will redirect you to that website to complete your purchase. You can earn up to 11% cash back from your total purchase. I shop online a lot so this seemed like a great thing for me to do. I have not made too much yet but every little cent helps out. They pay you by check every few months. That is the only thing I would change, I prefer paypal deposits.

It is pretty easy to figure out. Just select your store or search for it and then hit shop now next to the category you are shopping in. That's it! Then just shop on the website you choose like you normally would and they keep track of your cash back.

Product Selection
They probably have over one thousand stores on there to shop from.

It is completely free!

Customer Service
Very helpful if you need help.

Shipping and Returns
Checks come every few months, maybe four times a year. Yes it is not often but it is basically free money.

Ebates Saves You Money!

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about eBates.com:

Ebates is great and it is a free site that gives you cash back on all purchases made through their site. It works on the same premise basically as other sites such as My Points and Swagbucks. You need to register and then when you want to shop you find the online store that you want to visit and it will take you through ebates to the store. You have to make sure you get to the online shop through Ebates or you will not get the cash back. . From there, you will shop as usual. When you purchase something they will give you cash back in the amount of 1 - 15 percent. It is great especially if you combine with coupon codes or coupons you may have. You have to see if the store you want to go to is on their list and there is a large selection of stores. If so, click through ebates.com to get there. They monitor how much you spend and credit you with the percentage of your order that is offered. You get your back through paypal or a check. . There are also coupons to save you money on the site You can also get $5.00 for each friend you refer who uses the service.

Works Great

from Hartford, CT

Comments about eBates.com:

I've used the eBates website for a number of years and have been very pleased with it. When you shop through a link on their site you get a certain percentage back in your quarterly Big Fat Check. It's super easy to do and they do pay out.

Whenever I shop online I always check their website first to see if they offer cash back and use the link on their site if they do. You just click on the link, it gives you confirmation number that assures you that you will get cash back from your purchase, and then it redirects you to the site and you shop as usual. Your cash back is posted to your account within a few days.

Payouts are automatic once you reach a certain level which I think is currently $5. You can opt to either receive a check in the mail or receive your funds via PayPal. You receive the balance of your account every quarter. I like that it's automatic and there's no need to request the payout.

The site also offers a variety of coupons for the sites which can be combined with their cash back offer to give you the best possible deal.

I definitely highly recommend eBates. The site works and they do pay out.