4.9

• Product Selection:
    • Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:
    • I received a sample (70), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (30)

B&H Photo Video

One of many purchases I have made at B&H, and every experience is easy. Their selection is huge, their pricing is always lower than most websites or stores, the information provided for each item is amazingly detailed, and the one return I have had was just the simplest exchange. I use them often and will continue to do so. Whether I buy something large like a camera or a simple memory card reader, they are my first website searched. In the 4 years I have been ordering from them, I have never had a bad experience. I cannot say enough about B & H.

Online check-out is a mess.

Purchasing online is barely usable. I finally managed to trick it into processing my order after some considerable effort.

You can't enter your own city or state for shipping, which means you have to trust their super-clever zip code recognition, which gave incorrect cities and states multiple times. Another fun quirk is that they don't let you alter billing and shipping addresses once you've selected PayPal. In fact, if you already entered custom addresses, they will erase them in favor of your PalPal addresses for you, and then remove the "change" button to make sure you can't accidentally bring back the addresses you needed.

No doubt these were conceived as handy features to improve user experience, but they are so poorly implemented that I nearly had to give up all together. I sincerely hope someone at B&H reads this and restores their check-out procedure to functional basics.

See overall review.

Product Selection
The online catalog has some nice drop-ship options to get products before they're in full retail.

Product Pricing
Prices seem comparable to other online retailers.

Customer Service
Their customer service reps via live chat are friendly and knowledgeable.

Shipping and Returns
Returns on computers / parts are 30 days unopened or defect only.

Easy to Navigate and Checkout

from Memphis, TN

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

It was very easy to find what I needed and to check out. I really appreciate no taxes and free shipping as well.

Have nothing but good experiences buying from B&H Photovideo

from Green Sea, SC

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

Am a band member that is tech savvy and many of our purchases have been from B&H. The equipment has always arrived promptly and in good condition. Have not had problems with damage due to poor packing. Highly recommend buying from B&H Photovideo.

Top Notch Service

from Floral Park New York

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

I called and spoke with Shevon in Customer service to help with a rewards card problem (my fault). She quickly helped me and the situation was resolved. Wait time was about 2 minutes for a rep to answer. Never a problem always a pleasant experience. In the past I purchased a Nikon d7200 which was enroute and changed my mind to purchase the nikon d750. Customer service gave me easy instruction on how to return and accept the new item. For so many moving parts everything went smoothly as expected with B&H.

the guys in the camera section are not pushy and are very helpful even with "silly" questions.

Great company to do business with

from Castries, Saint Lucia

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

To back up data on server harddrives

This is the greatest company since they invented the mobile

from London

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

Great website with good prices

Photography equipment and accessories

from South Carolina

Photography equipment and accessories

Love shopping on B&H Photo.com!

from Boston, MA

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

Everything is easy to find and prices are very competitive.

Excellent Service

from Clarkston, Washington

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

The request for rating came up when I purchased the product, and I haven't been able to evaluate it yet. But the service I received for the purchase was excellent.

My go to place

from Belgrade, MT

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

Whenever I'm in the market for electronics - especially camera gear - B&H is one of the first stops I make before purchasing. They have been consistently reliable - I've only had one complaint out of dozens of things purchased over many years. This time, I was after a A/C to D/C converter for a telescope. The price at B&H was the same as the best price I found elsewhere for the same thing and came with free shipping - hard to beat that. :-) I also appreciate that they hold to their beliefs about not being open on Saturdays. I may not share that belief but, believe it's a good thing to stand for what you believe.

You want the best? you have found it.

from Seattle

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

You want the best? you have found it.