4.9

• Product Selection:
    • Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:
    • I received a sample (48), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (23)

B&H Photo Video

One of many purchases I have made at B&H, and every experience is easy. Their selection is huge, their pricing is always lower than most websites or stores, the information provided for each item is amazingly detailed, and the one return I have had was just the simplest exchange. I use them often and will continue to do so. Whether I buy something large like a camera or a simple memory card reader, they are my first website searched. In the 4 years I have been ordering from them, I have never had a bad experience. I cannot say enough about B & H.

Online check-out is a mess.

Purchasing online is barely usable. I finally managed to trick it into processing my order after some considerable effort.

You can't enter your own city or state for shipping, which means you have to trust their super-clever zip code recognition, which gave incorrect cities and states multiple times. Another fun quirk is that they don't let you alter billing and shipping addresses once you've selected PayPal. In fact, if you already entered custom addresses, they will erase them in favor of your PalPal addresses for you, and then remove the "change" button to make sure you can't accidentally bring back the addresses you needed.

No doubt these were conceived as handy features to improve user experience, but they are so poorly implemented that I nearly had to give up all together. I sincerely hope someone at B&H reads this and restores their check-out procedure to functional basics.

See overall review.

Product Selection
The online catalog has some nice drop-ship options to get products before they're in full retail.

Product Pricing
Prices seem comparable to other online retailers.

Customer Service
Their customer service reps via live chat are friendly and knowledgeable.

Shipping and Returns
Returns on computers / parts are 30 days unopened or defect only.

Excellent service

from Bellingham, WA

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

Excellent selection of products; very helpful advise either via a "chat" or by phoning in; good prices and fast shipping.

Fast shipping, user friendly interface, best in industry!

from Buckeye, Arizona

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

From moment you enter their website to last checkout screen the site is very professional, fast responding and very clear for navigation. Products and very well described and it is very easy to get needed information without going through lengthy process of search elsewhere. Before moving to Arizona I was frequent shopper at their brick and mortar store in Manhattan and I was always leaving that place with a nice product and a great satisfaction. The customer service there is out of this world since all personnel on floor is highly knowledgable and experts in their fields. You have to visit the store at least once in your lifetime! :-)

Great service

from Arlington Va

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

I order from B&H for private and work purchases. I always get great service

Looking forward to using my new Canon Lens

from KWE, Appleton, Wisconsin

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

B&H is my single source for all my camera purchases. Great place to do business. Website is easy to navigate and the purchasing process is very friendly. Service is fast and very reliable. I have never had an issue so I am not able to comment on problem resolution but I suspect it would be acceptable since all other experiences are quite favorable. A person can spend their dollars lots of places so one may as well pick a great place to do so.

As a pro shooter of video/photos, this in my one stop shop

from lexington, KY

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

B&H has the widest selection at the some of the best prices online. But more importantly to me, they offer the best customer service, bar none.

Fast & Easy

from Rosendale, New York

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

Shopping at B& H Photo both online and in-store is not only a pleasant experience, it is also educational. I highly recommend B & H for all your photographic needs.

love shopping with B&H

from NJ

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

no tax and the prices always match local vendor

Dell Inspiron 11 3000

from NC

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

Ordered this computer direct from Dell with their "Price Match" guarantee. Found it less than 24 hours later for $70 less at B&H. In addition, no tax at B&H, and delivery much quicker. Total savings of $95! Found out Dell guarantee only applies at time of purchase. Cancelled Dell order and purchased from B&H. Should have gone to B&H in the first place.

Great, not cheap, source

from Madison, NJ

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

B+H is a go-to source when I really need something.

Great deal on an excellent Canon printer! Rebate is amazing!

from Winfield, KS

Comments about bhphotovideo.com:

My printer died and the Canon tech support told me about this deal and where to find it. LOVE Canon's tech support. They are always so helpful. B&H has FREE SHIPPING to boot!