Pros

Cons

Oriental Trading: Thousands of Craft Supplies Under One Roof

Many young people like arts and crafts and this creative outlet often begins in the early stages of development, at toddler level or younger. Little kids like to draw and assemble unique and creative items with their hands or with other aids and one web site that sells supplies for kid's crafts and special events is **Oriental Trading,** a web site loaded with craft products, educational material, and art supplies.  **Web Site Commentary:**Oriental Trading is an online store that is popular in my home and in the homes of many people who entertain youngsters, due to its crafts and party supplies. This online store offers supplies for art, along with teaching supplies, party supplies, toys and novelties, and much more.   Oriental Trading has supplies organized into many subcategories and these categories are further subdivided to help customers find what they want as quickly as possible. With each category selection, a listing on the left side of the screen lets shoppers know the available subcategories along with the number of items available in each. When one of the subcategories is selected, the customer is then provided the option to narrow down further by price range. I like that Oriental Trading offers an easy to use search function like this. It makes shopping much easier and this is particularly important for a site like Oriental Trading that offers thousands of items for sale. It would become overwhelming if you tried to search without some way to narrow down. Crafts are the main reason people visit Oriental Trading, but this online store does offer other things, too, including items specific to teaching, holidays, etc. The teaching supplies section even offers subcategories like furniture, carpet, and equipment. But don't get the wrong idea- these subsections are geared toward kids. The "furniture" section, for example, includes things like small plastic chairs and a folding table; a play kitchen; and soft foam- like couches and chairs.  I know many teachers who recommend Oriental Trading for online school craft supplies, and that includes these extra categories like the furniture section. Oriental Trading succeeds as an online shopping experience by offering literally thousands of craft and other items under one web site roof, pretty much guaranteeing that you will find something that suits your needs. It charges shipping on most orders, but the cost of shipping is eliminated if your purchase is large enough. I have found that it is often worthwhile to spend a little extra to avoid the shipping charges. These charges can add significantly to your total bill and this is why it is often economically in your best interest to spend a little more.  **Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Oriental Trading is a very nice, user- friendly web site for purchasing party supplies, craft supplies, and art supplies. The site offers thousands of items for sale, navigation is easy, and shipping is prompt. Each shopping experience has been excellent with Oriental Trading and looking for something to criticize, I cannot come up with anything. Low prices, along with thousands of items to choose from and possible free shipping add up to high customer satisfaction.

Great selection and prices but poor quality.

I've always wanted to order from here for a while now, and last Monday, with their free shipping, I ordered their Fuse Bead Kit ($29.95) and Triple Heart Connector Charms ($5.95). I was horrified to discover that their 26,000 multi-bright colored fuse beads contained LEAD. The charms had it too. This was noted under my list of ordered items ON the receipt, but not on the items' web sites. Since fuse beads are popularly used by children, I do not recommend letting your children play with them unsupervised. These products may or may not contain more than the legal amount of lead (0.06% or 600 parts per million), so it's best to stay safe and be careful.

Other than that, I'd say Oriental Trading Company offers a wide and fun selection of toys and novelties that will appeal to children of all ages. The prices are affordable and cheaper than when you buy them separately, but the quality of the items are not so good. Overall, just be aware of the products you are buying and their lead content.

Party Supply Central

Comments about OrientalTrading.com:

Oriental Trading has anything you may be looking for to host a party. They have thousands of items with many coordinating sets so you can do one stop shopping here. While some of the larger items are sold individually many of the smaller party items are sold in multi packs so if you are wanting to get one thing you may end up with twelve or higher quantities if you purchase from here. The prices are alright though I feel they can be somewhat high for quality that is so so. Something I have learned is that you need to order early from them or what you want may be out of stock or on back order for several weeks. I attempted to order party supplies last minute but was out of luck due to it being a popular party theme. They also have longer order fulfillment times compared with other retailers so even if what you want is in stock you still need to plan well if you want your supplies on time. Overall I have had very good experiences with their customer service representatives who have been knowledgable and helpful when trying to locate different items.

Comments about OrientalTrading.com:

Orientaltrading.com is sort of a bulk party and craft online store. You can seriously buy everything you need for kids favor bags, crafts for a room of kids, and bulk candy for very affordable prices. My kids have done countless crafts in school that their teachers got off this website. I like shopping on here for party favors and stuff for my kids birthday parties. They also have a lot of holiday stuff and decorations. Around Halloween they sell a lot of costumes as well. Great website, very affordable, fast shipping.

Just select the category you want to shop in and go from there. Very easy to use.

Product Selection
Huge selection of toys, candy, crafts, and party supplies.

Product Pricing
Extremely affordable items on this website. I have never found cheaper.

Customer Service
I have never called them before but I am sure they are very good at what they do.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping costs are low and items usually come in a very timely manner. I have had no issues with broken items.

• Shipping and Returns:

You get what you pay for: cheap crap

Comments about OrientalTrading.com:

I was highly disappointed in an order I received from oriental trading.com. I ordered some Halloween toys for my son's pre-k class and the toys were very poor quality. Most, if not all, the toys broke the night we passed them out. The kids were very upset as was I. I will never purchase anything from this website again.

The website is very easy to use. The items are broken into categories for easy navigation. You can also search for an item in the search tool bar.

Product Selection
There is a wide variety of products to choose from for any type of event. I purchased Halloween toys for my son's pre-k class.

Product Pricing
The pricing is great: cheap. However, it is not great when the toys break so easily and the product does not hold up. I would pay a little more for a better quality item.

Customer Service
I did not use the customer service feature for the website.

Shipping and Returns
I received my items within a few days which was very nice. I was able to get everything I needed in one shipment and did not have to worry about items shipping late.

Amazing online site

from Slidell, LA

Comments about OrientalTrading.com:

I love this website. My son recently got married and we had the reception at our home. So I went on Orientaltrading.com and purchased almost all of the decorations, things for the candy buffet, paper goods, and balloons. I saved a ton of money by shopping on this site. When you spend a certain amount on this website you get a $5.00 gift certificate to use on future purchases. I have earned quite a few from them.

This site is very easy to use. I put in the colors that I was looking for and everything pertaining to that color came up. That made it so easy to find what I was looking for.

Product Selection
Orientaltrading.com has a huge selection of products in many colors.

Product Pricing
I love the prices on this website. Sometimes I almost feel like they are too low to be good. But the quality of their products I find is pretty good

Customer Service
I have never had to contact customer service for anything so I cannot comment on this.

Shipping and Returns
When I have ordered something from this website, it ships pretty fast. As far as returns, I have never had to return anything to them, so I cannot comment on this.

Best Site for Childrens Parties

Comments about OrientalTrading.com:

Overall OrientalTrading.com is a gold mine! Growing up as a child I would always go through the catalog and pick out decorations and good bag items for my birthday party. They seriously have everything you would ever need to throw an awesome party. Now I love using OrientalTrading.com when I am helping friends out plan themed parties or even when I am throwing my own Children's Birthday parties.

The site is so easy to use and they categorize things well so it is easy to see what you are looking for.

Product Selection
OrientalTrading.com has more products then you could ever need. They offer all different themed items and a bunch of different party supplies.

Product Pricing
The products are not the highest quality so their prices are low and really affordable!

Customer Service
I have never had an issue so I have not dealt with customer service.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is quick and easy and I have never had to return any items.

LOVE!

from TN

Comments about OrientalTrading.com:

I absolutely love OrientalTrading.com! I have used this site many times. They have the best selection of party decorations and holiday decorations! I always like to do my daughter's birthday big and there are no party stores where I live, so Oriental Trading is wonderful and convenient for me. I have been able to buy decorations for inside the house and even outside the house. I love that they have a huge selection of candy and small toys to choose from too because they are great party favors. One of my favorite things that I have been able to order from the site is the birthday banners that match the theme of the party. You can add a picture and text on them. They are so cute! Shipping has never been a problem for me. I always make sure to order in advance just in case, but I have always received my packages within a small amount of time. I would recommend orientaltrading.com to anyone who is wanting to decorate for holidays and birthdays because they definitely have a great selection to choose from for reasonable prices.

• Shipping and Returns:

If you are having a party, make sure you check out this site

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about OrientalTrading.com:

I have purchased a wide variety of items from this site. I have gotten stickers, crafts, activities and prizes for vacation bible school at church. I've purchased favors and decorations for parties. I got a lot of Hawaiian themed items to use for when my chorus was traveling to Hawaii and I also used the site for a variety of products for my wedding. I have been pleased with every single experience. They have individual items and also items in bulk or multiple quanities. A hit for my wedding was the personalized bubbles and chapsticks. The quality of the items isn't always high, but when you are paying between $.05 and $.50 per item, that is the reason why. Occasionally they offer a "buy now, pay later" option which was extremely useful when I was making purchases for my wedding and had a lot of expenses all at once.
If you are planning any sort of party and need favors, decor or even inspiration for ideas, make sure you check out this site.

Product Selection
There is a wide variety of products. Certain products are even available in multiple themes and colors.

Product Pricing
Prices are fantastic and affordable. They often have coupons as well!

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is quick and it is easy to return an item.

Novelty Products & Lots of Them

from Nashville, TN

Comments about OrientalTrading.com:

Oriental Trading is a website that I have ordered from a couple of time. The prices are average, but sometimes they do offer free or discounted shipping. The company has a lot of party favors, church goodies and other small novelty type items. They sell these items in bulk, so when you add tings up you are getting a good deal on the -per -piece deal. A few of the things in their catalogs I have seen elsewhere cheaper, but for the most part they have some pretty good deals. They do have a lot of merchandise to choose from, and some things are really unique. All of the items they sell are really fun!
I have only talked to customer service regarding product questions, but they have always been helpful and willing to go out of their way to help me with whatever I needed.

The website has tabs to click to take you to what you want. The site loads easy, and adding items to your cart is as simple as a push of a button.

Product Selection
There is a little of everything here, making it easy to accomodate any event that you have planned, whether a birthday party, a Bible study event, school projects or simply for those who want to tackle crafts at home.

orientaltrading.com

Comments about OrientalTrading.com:

Orientaltrading.com is truly a great company to shop at for any occasion, event, or celebration. I ordered some outdoor supplies for next week’s neighborhood party and they told me everything will arrive on or before July 15th. This will definitely work because that day is also my brother-in-laws birthday. I wanted to make this his best birthday ever since he's moving. I looked throughout the site and found exactly what I needed to make this celebration a great success. I also ordered some toys and games for the children to play with. To my surprise, the order arrived today and it looks exactly as it does in the pictures. Since everything arrived in such a timely fashion, I decided to make it a Luau celebration thanks to orientaltrading.com and their fast shipping. I will continue to shop here for all of my party and event needs.

Very easy and fun to navigate through.

Product Selection
There are so many items to choose from.

Shipping and Returns
My order arrived very fast and way before schedule.

Great for gifts

from Utah

Comments about OrientalTrading.com:

We shop on orientaltrading.com to buy small gifts and prizes for some children's programs that we help run.

Product Selection
We have been able to find a lot of unique gifts that we haven't found at other places, and they are a good quality. They aren't cheap toys that fall apart after the kids use them a time or two. They have a lot of different themed products as well. Our theme for this summer with our kids program was a spy academy, and orientaltrading.com had a spy themed prizes, so it fit perfectly with what we are doing.

Product Pricing
For kids prizes, we don't necessarily want to spend a whole lot of money. But orientaltrading.com has good prices. We were able to get a dozen kid's sunglasses for less than ten dollars, which was cheaper (and better quality) than the dollar store.

Shipping and Returns
You need $45 to get free shipping, which isn't hard to do. We usually place a large enough order in the Spring that will take us through the summer, and we always can easily get the free shipping.