Other Cat Foods:

Whiskas Dry Cat Food

Pros

Cons

My cat loves it.

Whiskas cat food is really a great cat food my cat is blind so I am very funny about what I give her to eat and I want her to eat something that want hurt her she also has has high blood pressure is on heart medication and has arthritis in her back legs plus she is 19 years old some food makes her throw it back up after she eats it but whiskas has not done that yet and I am glad about that there are good cat foods out there and then there are bad ones but I trust whiskas other food I dont trust so many foods have been on recall and you cannot be to careful when some foods can poison are even kill you thats why when I buy cat food I have to be careful about foods.

Whiskas new formula sucks!

My cat has been eating the original Whiskas dry food chicken & turkey flavor with crunchy meaty nuggets for over 7 years & now they have changed the formula to some hard little irregular shapes with a few puny little nuggets!! My cat tries to cover it up & he won't eat any other dry food...I have tried them all (at GREAT expense). Does anyone know where I can order the old stuff? The packages look almost the same but the new one says "Meaty selections" (Ha, that's a LIE) I emailed Whiskas & they said "The original formula wasn't selling well enough so they changed it". Money grubbers! Boo, Hiss to them!!! ................ Starving kitty's mom

Quality of Ingredients
It smells bad & my cat won't eat the hard little weird shapes.

Flavor Selection
My cat won't eat it, tries to cover it up like in a litter box!

new formula is horrible

from KY

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• None Anymore

Cons

• Bad Taste
  • Causes Irritation
  • Doesn't Like It
  • Hard to Digest
  • Unhealthy
  • Will Not Eat It

• Throw It Away

Comments about Whiskas Dry Cat Food:

I have fed my cats whiskas dry for well over 10 YEARS! You have changed the formula, most of my cats will not eat it anymore and the one that does throws it up! It also smells terrible, I will no longer be buying your cat food!

A food my cats come running to eat.

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about Whiskas Dry Cat Food:

I have two cats and the minute they hear the food hitting their bowl they come running every time. My cats can both be very finicky when it comes to their food, so I greatly appreciate their enthusiastic appetites and desire to eat Whiskas. The small bites work great for them and they seem to love the taste. I do think that the price point is also a good selling feature.

Quality of Ingredients
I have given my cats more expensive dried food that I have purchased from the vet. I find that these more expensive brands have a higher quality because my cats stay full and apparently satisfied longer that with Whiskas brand cat food.

Flavor Selection
I don't believe that there are a lot of different flavor choices. There are, I believe, different formulas but perhaps only two different flavor choices: chicken and beef flavors. I think they also have a hairball formula and one for kittens as well as older cats.

• Flavor Selection:

Traditional flavors cats love!

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Whiskas Dry Cat Food:

I have used this brand in the past when I have had kittens, and they have absolutely loved it. I have found this brand is better for their little tummies because it does not contain any fillers. When my kittens became full grown cats they still loved this product and made sure to eat every morsel from their bowls. I highly recommend this product also, especially when you are seeking an affordable way to provide the very best for your pets.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients in this product is all natural and does not container any fillers or artificial flavorings. This product is also beneficial to all cat species an does a great job in keeping there coats shiny and soft, and keeping their teeth healthy and strong.

Flavor Selection
The offer a ton of different varieties that are suitable for kittens and adult cats, and even senior cats. I have found that when I use this product for my cats they love it, but also they seem to be in much better health because of the ongoing use of this product.

Whiskas dry cat food

Comments about Whiskas Dry Cat Food:

This cat food is a very cheap cat food. Look at the ingredients list before you buy, Calcium Carbonate, dl-Methionine, Taurine, and meat by products are just a few of the nastiness they put in this food. Our pets are family and I would never feed my kids by products and chemicals. Also this food has corn in it! We had no clue cats could not digest carbohydrates and bought this, thankfully he had a vet visit soon after and they told us to throw it out. I have learned my lesson, look at the ingredients just like I would for my food. I thought I could save money and buy some inexpensive food but this stuff is overly processed and unhealthy.

Quality of Ingredients
It is nothing but chemicals and by products. Very poor quality ingredients. No wonder it is so inexpensive. I adore my cat and can not believe I was feeding him this stuff, thankfully I did my research and feed him better now.

Flavor Selection
It's a mix of meats and corn. They really do not offer a lot of variety.

• Flavor Selection:

Essential for my cats needs

Comments about Whiskas Dry Cat Food:

The Whiskas Dry Cat Food is a regular favourite for my cat and I am glad it’s always in stock in any shopping store I visit as it’s a very popular brand and the reason why is because cats love it. What is an added bonus is that the Whiskas cat food brand is incredibly affordable, with other bills to pay and looking after a cat is not a cheap role. I had a cat in the past that would only eat the Whiskas Dry Cat Food, she refused to eat anything else, and we joked around with calling it her catnip or cat crack for her with the dry biscuits. It’s a staple dry cat food for my cats for many years now, and I have been a loyal buyer to Whiskas since the very first kitten I owned. I would highly recommend buying the Whiskas brand for pet owners and new pet owners as it is evident that cats love the product, it’s a vital dry cat biscuit for a cats diet, it’s a trustful brand and very affordable with people on a tight budget.

Its Easy, Inexpensive and works for my cat

from Millstone Township, NJ

Comments about Whiskas Dry Cat Food:

I know that there are a lot of options out there for high end pet food, but my feeling is that you don't need to spend more if what you have works. My husband started feeding an outdoor cat about two years ago. I was not crazy about it, but I guess the cat is now our. We started on this food about that time. It is usually one of the least expensive options in the store. Also, sometimes you can even find a coupon which adds to the savings. My cat will eat it just fine and doesn't complain. While my cat does not care, I note from the website that there are various flavors available and there are snacks and wet food varieties, but I generally just serve the dry food. There is good kibble size and it appeals to my cat. I never had issues with my cat getting a sour stomach or other issues. I think if its not broken, I would not fix it. I am not jumping on the natural foods bandwagon and will stick to my Whiskas dry cat food for now. Though my cat is not sensitive or indoor, I don't think it matters.

• Flavor Selection:

Whiskas Makes Mealtime Fun!

from North Hanover, NJ

Comments about Whiskas Dry Cat Food:

My cat is fussy and picky when it comes to food and I have tried almost every brand there is. I have to say that this is only food that he loves. It is sold in every store and can sometimes be found on sale or sometimes there are coupons in the paper. I think it is more expensive than the other cans of cat food and it is much smaller too but seems to be a good size for a meal and he finishes the container instead of leaving half that generally gets thrown out. It has quality ingredients as well and his coat looks sleek and shiny. It comes in a variety of flavors and there is a large selection of them. It is easy to chew and digest so I would recommend it for kittens as well as adult cats. He has not thrown up or had any stomach issues with the Whiskas food line. I really like the fact that he runs right over to his bowl and does not turn his nose up. He gobbles it right down. If you have a fussy cat or just want to give your cat a special treat, try this cat food.

• Flavor Selection:

This is the only thing my super picky cat will eat!

Comments about Whiskas Dry Cat Food:

For some reason, out of the three cats I have, one of them is extremely picky! We've experimented with quite a few different cat food brands, both dry and wet, to see what our cats like the best, compared with the cost, how much it lasts any differences in the cats behavior or health we notice. We haven't tried the dry food made by Whiskas because our cats are pretty happy with what they eat - but as for wet food, this is the only thing my picky kitty will eat! We've had other brands in the house, offered it to the cats, and the picky one won't eat any of them. Then we'll go out and get the Whiskas and he eats it - it is clear that it's the Whiskas only. I don't know what it is exactly about this brand - but the cats love it. It's priced relatively low and it's easy to use. I like that it comes in a bunch of different flavors, packages and sizes.

Definitely a crowd pleaser in my 3 cat home + great price

from West Virginia

Comments about Whiskas Dry Cat Food:

This product is certainly on the lower end of the price scale but I was pleasantly surprised. I purchased this for the first time, probably in 2007 and I've been using it on and off ever since. I try to buy a variety of foods so that my cats don't get bored but this one was definitely a crowd pleaser in my house. My cats are 4, 3, and 9 months and all three of them enjoy this formula.

The smell isn't great to my human nose but my brood finds it very appealing and they run every time the bag is opened or shook. The food doesn't get stale as fast as some other brands. I've noticed if I use the auto feeder when I won't be around that the cats will eat out of it for four or five days or until its empty and do not complain or beg for fresher food as soon as I walk through the door.

The bag doesn't have any fancy claims and the ingredients aren't the highest quality but for the price, my cats are very satisfied. The bag isn't resealable and I always put a bag clip on it or pour it into another container to maintain as much freshness as possible. Als, I add my own protein meal from another brand.

My cats will eat this dry or they will also eat it wet--as I often add water to it to turn it into a kind of gravy/mash when I put any medicines in their food.

I don't notice any affects on my cats with this. Some people were writing about their cats covering it up like liter or puking or even having diarrhea but I didn't and don't see any of those affects. For the price this brand really cant be beat.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients aren't that great. I add in my own protein meal for my cats from another, more expensive brand, however the cats don't complain at all.

Flavor Selection
There are quite a few different flavors available at my local grocery for this brand.

• Flavor Selection:

My kitty doesn't like it

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Whiskas Dry Cat Food:

I think Whiskas Dry Cat Food is a good brand of cat food for your cat, unfortunately, my cat does not like it and won't eat it. I am not sure if she doesn't like the taste or the texture or maybe the smell. So its impossible to purchase something for my pet when I know that she will not consume or use it. I have bought this several times in between her preferred food (which I won't mention) and she is not fooled. She will not eat it no matter what. I have left it there for an entire day and even if she is hungry she will not eat it. So I would say that if you try it on your cat and he/she likes it-go for it! Otherwise, pick a healthy food that he/she will eat. Don't waste your money.

Quality of Ingredients
I believe Whiskas provides good ingredients and nutrition and vitamins for our beloved cats, but you need to make sure they like it first.

Flavor Selection
I can't remember the flavor selection as I usually do not purchase this brand. I believe they have more than one however. Most brands do offer more than one choice.