Other Cat Foods:
Models:
17800-45058, 3013648
Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food

Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food

Pros

• Good taste (6)
  • Good value (6)
  • Likes it (6)
  • Easy to digest (4)
  • Improves coat (4)

• Kittens (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (5)

I raised six healthy kittens on Purina Kitten Chow

I believe in spaying and neutering my pets, but Elsie was given to me when she was within a week of popping out six beautiful kittens.  We have lots of great products available today, that we did not have when I was a kid.  One of them is Kitten Milk Replacer, for kitties that don't have a mom cat, or as in this case, for a Mom cat who just can't feed her large litter enough to keep them and her healthy.  Another great product is Kitten Chow.  This kibble consists of small pieces that a baby can get into her or his mouth, and they're easy for little kitty teeth to chew.  The ingredients are not the best, and they do include corn and byproducts.  On the other paw, most cat foods do.  I started offering Kitten Chow when they were three weeks old, and they started eating it immediately.  They had been totally ignoring their Mom cat's kibble, but they liked Kitten Chow.  The problem was that Mom cat prefurred the Kitten Chow, too.  My little kitties, two white ones, two gray striped ones and two solid gray ones, grew big and strong, with shiny coats and bright eyes.  They got good homes, in part because they were so healthy and beautiful.  I credit Kitten Chow for part of their success.  Thank you so much for reading!    ~~~

My cat loved this.

When I first found my cat I was trying to find things that she liked. I found this and she loved it. She would eat it when I used it. There were other foods that she would flat out ignored and it would sit there. My cat is really good so I am able to sit out food and she eats when she is hungry. She would eat this often and would tell me when she needed more. This is specifically designed for kittens. It means that as they grow the food needs to change also. This has everything a kitten needs to grow healthy but it is not good food for an adult. There are other purina products out there for adult cats. That is one of the reasons I really liked this product. It has the ingredients to help a kitten grow healthy. Kittens teeth are not as strong as adult cat's teeth. That means that they need softer food. This is perfect for that. It takes all the kittens needs into account.

I am very pleased with this product

from Ashland, Ky

About Me New Owner

Pros

• Easy To Digest
  • Good Taste
  • Good Value
  • Improves Coat
  • Likes It
  • Nutritional

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

I have a new kitten. She loves this food. She is growing steadily and is extremely active and energetic. She eats well. I have noticed a huge improvement in her coat since I started using Purina Kitten Chow.

My Kitten Loves This Food!

from Houston, Tx

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Digest
    • Good Taste
    • Good Value
    • Improves Coat
    • Likes It
    • Nutritional

Cons

• Unhealthy

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

I have rescued 2 kittens and have fed them both this kitten food and they've love it also they have gained healthy weight from eating it. I would recommend to a friend if they have or have gotten a kitten. The only thing I dont really like is that its not grain free but other that I would recommend it.

Purina Kitten Chow

from Brown town, WI

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Digest
    • Good Taste
    • Good Value
    • Improves Coat
    • Likes It

• Active Cats
      • Everyday
      • Indoor Cats
      • Older Cats

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

My cats of all ages love this food.

My go to Kitten food!

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Digest
      • Good Taste
      • Good Value
      • Likes It
      • Nutritional

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

Purina pet food is a brand that I have used and trusted for many years. I have taken in stray cats and litters of kittens that needed homes many times and I have always fed them purina kitten food, even the kittens that were in less then perfect shape. It always has gotten them back into good condition and I've never had a kitten not like the taste or have any issues at all. It keeps their teeth clean while giving them the nutrients and vitamins they need for healthy growth. It even has DHA in it which is in mother's milk and is important for healthy brain development. It is avaliable in diffrent sizes and it's easy to find, at most places that sell pet foods. I think this is the best kitten food and I highly reccomend it and I truly believe this food has everything little growing kittens need to be able to grow up healthy and happy.

my cat love it!!!!!!!!

from Sn antonio,Tx

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Good Taste
        • Good Value
        • Improves Coat
        • Likes It
        • Nutritional

• Everyday
          • Indoor Cats
          • Older Cats

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

I have a 19 month old Male indoor/outdoor Cat... Buddy. I started him on Purina Kitten and then moved to Purina One. He tired of eating the Purina One and I...

My cat loved this.

from Long Island, NY

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Good Taste
          • Good Value
          • Likes It

Cons

• Pricey / Poor Value

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

Purina Kitten Chow has always been my kitten's choice.

from Canton, OH

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

Although Purina Kitten Chow may not be the most nutritious of all of the kitten food on the market is has always been my choice when starting kittens on solid foods. I've used it for my own kittens as well as all of the kittens that I've fostered. It is gentler on the stomach than some other brands and I've never had a kitten refuse it due to taste.

Quality of Ingredients
          There are other foods with higher quality ingredients. But this is my choice because I mix it with a quality wet food and add KMR to it. So it is then the highest possible quality. Sometimes the higher protein foods on the market upset a small kittens sensitive stomach. It is often a better idea to start with lower proteins and add them in with other foods and supplements like I do.

Flavor Selection
          It only comes in one flavor. But that flavor has always made the kittens that I've offered it to very happy. Sometimes offering many flavors upsets a kitten's system. So one flavor is actually a good idea.

Great product

from TN

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

I recently got a kitten for my two year old daughter. The kitten was not in the best shape and needed to be fattened up in a healthy way. I decided to try out this Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula dry cat food because I have used Cat chow before and loved it. This kitten chow was perfect for our little kitten. The pieces of food were really small and soft enough so that her little mouth could chew them with ease. Our kitten really seemed to enjoy this food too. After she ate it for a while, there was a noticeable difference in her appearance. She had gained weight, her fur wa softer, and her fur was shinier. I love that this food worked so well for her because I had no idea what I could do to help her besides finding her a good cat food. I would definitely recommend this kitten food to other kitten owners. It really helps the kittens phyaically. Also this food is affordable.

• Flavor Selection:

Use for every orphaned kitten I foster!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

I volunteer for our local SPCA and every spring/summer, I take in 3 to 4 litters of orphaned kittens from as early as birth to 8 weeks of age and once I am done the bottle feeding stage I go straight to softening up some Purina Kitten Chow mixed with kitten formula. Once they are weaned off the formula completely, they stay on Purina Kitten Chow until they are adopted out. It has the perfect blend of nutrients, great texture and is excellent for weaning the kittens from milk to solid food. I will never switch brands, I absolutely love it and so do the kittens! Not to mention, it's very affordable for fostering such a large amount of kittens per year.

Quality of Ingredients
          Very high quality ingredients. Nothing too fancy, just exactly what the kittens need in nutrients. Very natural ingredients and that's why I think the kittens transition so well from the formula to this particular brand of solid food.

Flavor Selection
          There is no "selection" of flavor, in the means that there are different packaging for select flavors versus one bag/flavor. However, I cannot rate this section negatively at all because I have been educated on the fact that "flavors" do not necessarily contain any better nutritional value at all, unless you are making kitten chow from scratch which is not the case here. In rating and reviewing Purina Kitten Chow vs other bagged/solid kitten food, flavor bares no difference in nutritional value and doesn't always mean the kitten will favor one flavor over another. I have fostered hundreds of kittens and they all take to Purina Kitten Chow immediately and with much enthusiasm so I feel that the flavor selection that is within Purina Kitten Chow already, is all any kitten could ever need or want. This section gets a 10 rating from me!

Perfect for Kittens.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

One of the neighborhood cats ended up getting pregnant and had kittens under my porch and then she disappeared so we ended up having to take care of them. After we got done bottle feeding them and nursing them back to health we wanted to find a kitten food that would help fatten them up some and something that would be good for their sensitive stomachs. I bought this because I have always trusted the Purina brand and after looking over all of the ingredients it was great to see that it was made with all kinds of natural things, so I felt good giving it to the kittens. The kittens absolutely loved this food, they devoured it almost immediately when we would pour it into their bowls. Within a few weeks this food really did the trick and all of the kittens were fattened up and healthy and thriving. The food is made from quality ingredients that are made for a kittens digestive system and works with it to keep the cats healthy. This food was their favorite and the only kind that they would eat after that.