Other Cat Foods:
17800-45058, 3013648
Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food

Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food

I raised six healthy kittens on Purina Kitten Chow

I believe in spaying and neutering my pets, but Elsie was given to me when she was within a week of popping out six beautiful kittens.  We have lots of great products available today, that we did not have when I was a kid.  One of them is Kitten Milk Replacer, for kitties that don't have a mom cat, or as in this case, for a Mom cat who just can't feed her large litter enough to keep them and her healthy.  Another great product is Kitten Chow.  This kibble consists of small pieces that a baby can get into her or his mouth, and they're easy for little kitty teeth to chew.  The ingredients are not the best, and they do include corn and byproducts.  On the other paw, most cat foods do.  I started offering Kitten Chow when they were three weeks old, and they started eating it immediately.  They had been totally ignoring their Mom cat's kibble, but they liked Kitten Chow.  The problem was that Mom cat prefurred the Kitten Chow, too.  My little kitties, two white ones, two gray striped ones and two solid gray ones, grew big and strong, with shiny coats and bright eyes.  They got good homes, in part because they were so healthy and beautiful.  I credit Kitten Chow for part of their success.  Thank you so much for reading!    ~~~

My cat loved this.

When I first found my cat I was trying to find things that she liked. I found this and she loved it. She would eat it when I used it. There were other foods that she would flat out ignored and it would sit there. My cat is really good so I am able to sit out food and she eats when she is hungry. She would eat this often and would tell me when she needed more. This is specifically designed for kittens. It means that as they grow the food needs to change also. This has everything a kitten needs to grow healthy but it is not good food for an adult. There are other purina products out there for adult cats. That is one of the reasons I really liked this product. It has the ingredients to help a kitten grow healthy. Kittens teeth are not as strong as adult cat's teeth. That means that they need softer food. This is perfect for that. It takes all the kittens needs into account.

my cat love it!!!!!!!!

from Sn antonio,Tx

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Good Taste
  • Good Value
  • Improves Coat
  • Likes It
  • Nutritional

• Everyday
    • Indoor Cats
    • Older Cats

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

I have a 19 month old Male indoor/outdoor Cat... Buddy. I started him on Purina Kitten and then moved to Purina One. He tired of eating the Purina One and I...

My cat loved this.

from Long Island, NY

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Good Taste
    • Good Value
    • Likes It

Cons

• Pricey / Poor Value

• Kittens

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

Purina Kitten Chow has always been my kitten's choice.

from Canton, OH

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

Although Purina Kitten Chow may not be the most nutritious of all of the kitten food on the market is has always been my choice when starting kittens on solid foods. I've used it for my own kittens as well as all of the kittens that I've fostered. It is gentler on the stomach than some other brands and I've never had a kitten refuse it due to taste.

Quality of Ingredients
    There are other foods with higher quality ingredients. But this is my choice because I mix it with a quality wet food and add KMR to it. So it is then the highest possible quality. Sometimes the higher protein foods on the market upset a small kittens sensitive stomach. It is often a better idea to start with lower proteins and add them in with other foods and supplements like I do.

Flavor Selection
    It only comes in one flavor. But that flavor has always made the kittens that I've offered it to very happy. Sometimes offering many flavors upsets a kitten's system. So one flavor is actually a good idea.

Great product

from TN

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

I recently got a kitten for my two year old daughter. The kitten was not in the best shape and needed to be fattened up in a healthy way. I decided to try out this Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula dry cat food because I have used Cat chow before and loved it. This kitten chow was perfect for our little kitten. The pieces of food were really small and soft enough so that her little mouth could chew them with ease. Our kitten really seemed to enjoy this food too. After she ate it for a while, there was a noticeable difference in her appearance. She had gained weight, her fur wa softer, and her fur was shinier. I love that this food worked so well for her because I had no idea what I could do to help her besides finding her a good cat food. I would definitely recommend this kitten food to other kitten owners. It really helps the kittens phyaically. Also this food is affordable.

• Flavor Selection:

Use for every orphaned kitten I foster!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

I volunteer for our local SPCA and every spring/summer, I take in 3 to 4 litters of orphaned kittens from as early as birth to 8 weeks of age and once I am done the bottle feeding stage I go straight to softening up some Purina Kitten Chow mixed with kitten formula. Once they are weaned off the formula completely, they stay on Purina Kitten Chow until they are adopted out. It has the perfect blend of nutrients, great texture and is excellent for weaning the kittens from milk to solid food. I will never switch brands, I absolutely love it and so do the kittens! Not to mention, it's very affordable for fostering such a large amount of kittens per year.

Quality of Ingredients
    Very high quality ingredients. Nothing too fancy, just exactly what the kittens need in nutrients. Very natural ingredients and that's why I think the kittens transition so well from the formula to this particular brand of solid food.

Flavor Selection
    There is no "selection" of flavor, in the means that there are different packaging for select flavors versus one bag/flavor. However, I cannot rate this section negatively at all because I have been educated on the fact that "flavors" do not necessarily contain any better nutritional value at all, unless you are making kitten chow from scratch which is not the case here. In rating and reviewing Purina Kitten Chow vs other bagged/solid kitten food, flavor bares no difference in nutritional value and doesn't always mean the kitten will favor one flavor over another. I have fostered hundreds of kittens and they all take to Purina Kitten Chow immediately and with much enthusiasm so I feel that the flavor selection that is within Purina Kitten Chow already, is all any kitten could ever need or want. This section gets a 10 rating from me!

Perfect for Kittens.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

One of the neighborhood cats ended up getting pregnant and had kittens under my porch and then she disappeared so we ended up having to take care of them. After we got done bottle feeding them and nursing them back to health we wanted to find a kitten food that would help fatten them up some and something that would be good for their sensitive stomachs. I bought this because I have always trusted the Purina brand and after looking over all of the ingredients it was great to see that it was made with all kinds of natural things, so I felt good giving it to the kittens. The kittens absolutely loved this food, they devoured it almost immediately when we would pour it into their bowls. Within a few weeks this food really did the trick and all of the kittens were fattened up and healthy and thriving. The food is made from quality ingredients that are made for a kittens digestive system and works with it to keep the cats healthy. This food was their favorite and the only kind that they would eat after that.

Purina Kitten chow

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

I will be the first to admit that I have no clue what the difference is between kitten food and adult cat food other than the size. This food is small pebble like bits that are obviously easier for a kitten to pick up. They did not appear to be any softer though than the adult cat food. We bought this when our cat was only around 9 weeks old and he really loved it. It has nutrients and vitamins added to help make sure your kitten is healthy and getting everything they need. It appeared to be of really good quality, no bad odor and seemed to be fresh. Best thing though is that my cat grew to be very healthy so I would gladly buy this again.

Quality of Ingredients
    Appeared to be very fresh and high quality. It has lots of added nutrients to help kittens grow up nice and strong and healthy. You can tell Purina cares about the products they put out.

Flavor Selection
    It only came in the one flavor. That was fine with my cat though he loved this food.

• Flavor Selection:

Not the best ingredients but helped my kitten.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

When I first got my cat Oreo, she was a ferile kitten that was having a lot of digestion issues. She wasn't used to eating solid foods so she was having diarrhea, and couldn't keep much food down at first without getting sick. She was spayed and the vets said she was healthy so there wasn't much I could do besides getting her to eat solid foods. I went and bought her the Purina Kitten Chow, because the adult cat food that I had didn't have the vitamins and minerals that she needed, and it was also too hard for her to eat. She loved this food when she first tried it. At first her diarrhea continued, but after a week it was completely gone. I think her body just needed to get used to the solid food. This was really easy for my kitten to eat, and eventually it made her strong and healthy again. Now Oreo is three years old, and she's a very healthy cat with no problems whatsoever. This food completely nourished her, and helped her to grow big and strong. If I ever got another kitten I would definitely feed it the Purina Kitten Chow.

Quality of Ingredients
    This kitten chow doesn't have the best ingredients, but it isn't terrible either. When I rescued my cat this food really helped her to get healthy again, and helped her disgetive system. It has ingredients like poultry by product meal, corn gluten meal, brewers rice, soy flour meal, taurine, animal fat, fish meal, and more. It has a bunch of necessary vitamins and minerals as well. It does have filler and additives but my cat only had positive side effects so I can't really say anything bad about it.

Flavor Selection
    There is only one flavor of the kitten chow. It has a variety of meat and fish flavors in it. My cat liked the flavor, but I think that they should come out with more varieties and flavors of the kitten chows.

• Flavor Selection:

My kitten loved Purina Kitten Chow!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula was one of my cat's favorites when she was a kitten. I didn't use this exclusively but it was one she particularly liked. I think this is a great choice for kitten food. It has tiny pieces my kitten could get into her mouth and chew easily. Purina is a brand of pet food that I know and trust. It is reasonably priced and is widely available in many stores. Purina does offer coupons periodically to help keep the cost down.

Quality of Ingredients
    Purina Kitten Chow has specifically targeted ingredients to provide needed nutrients to growing kittens. It has good quality, healthy, and nutritious ingredients. There are better on the market but they usually cost more than my budget allows for. I feel this is a good balance of quality and price.

Flavor Selection
    My kitten really seemed to enjoy eating this. She would be excited to eat when I gave her this. She definitely preferred Purina more than other brands I've tried.

Great Taste

Comments about Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food:

Our kitten cannot wait to get his little teeth on Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula. I trust Purina to provide both the taste and nutrition that he needs. Our kitten had no trouble at all transitioning into solid foods when I fed him this pet food.