4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

You love your pet, buy the best food!

If you have a dog, you should try this food.  Dogs are carnivors and need meat.  This food contains NO grains, which are not digested by dogs.
Read complete review

Many of the grocery store brands are made with by-products that are hosed off the floor of packing plants.  Do you want your dog to be eating waste?  No with Evo, which uses only quailty ingredients.

Do a quick check of your dog food.  Ingredients are listed in order based on the amount of each item contained in the food.  Check the first 10 ingredients.  Are they all something that you would eat?  Probably not unless you're feeding Evo or another premium dog food.

Feeding this product eliminates the need to clean up poop in the yard.  There is so little that the dog's digestive system does not break down and use that the dogs' stool is smaller, more firm, and disintegrates in a couple days in the sun.  You'll rarely have to have the dogs' anal glands expressed either as the stool is firm enough to take care of that naturally.

I founded a small dog rescue and started using Evo because we get in many dogs with allergies.  I know for certain that a dog I'm fostering, that's eating Evo, is not allergic to grains!

All the dogs we've fostered, as well as our own dogs, have immedigely developed much thicker and healthier-looking coats and skin.  Just as in humans, hair and skin tell much about the health of the individual.

The cost is a little more for this food, and you might have to drive across town to get it but it's worth the trip!  If you can't feed a homemade cooked or raw diet, feed Evo.  I recommend it to all our foster moms and to our adopters!  You'll notice the difference in your dog!  AND--no more poop patrol!

All three of my kitties wouldn't go near Innova EVO Cat Food!

I love my cat's (I have three male cat's, two are brothers- they are three years old, and the other is two years old) and I will do anything for them to have the best life possible. I usually feed them Purina Naturals- but me and my Fiancé wanted to try some of the brands that are at pet specialty shops only. We figured that there must be a reason why they say it's best to feed your cat this food. So we went to a specialty pet food store in our city and Innova EVO Cat Food is what the man who worked there said was the best choice. So we brought it home to let our cat's try it. Now this cat food is the most expensive cat food I have ever bought, so I'm thinking that this is quality stuff- which don't get me wrong it probably is. The big problem was, my cat's wouldn't touch it. They came over when we first filled their bowls, smelled it, and walked away. We left it in their bowls for almost two whole day's. By then they were begging for food, I kept showing them that there was food in their bowls but they wanted nothing to do with the Innova EVO food! So in the end, this food may be the best food to feed my cat's, but if they wont eat it then they aren't going to get the nutrition from it! So were just sticking to what they like!

Innova EVO Cat & Kitten food better for Grown Cats

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Innova EVO Cat & Kitten Food:

I have a super picky cat. He turns his nose up to most any kind of cat food especially the dry food that he generally gets. The Innova EVO Cat and Kitten food was on sale at my grocery store for a really good price. I was at my wits end trying to find a dry food that he liked, I decided I would go in a different direction and try this more expensive brand of cat food. He seemed to like the flavor and the texture is very easy to chew and digest. As soon as I poured it in his bowl, he came running over. This time he did not walk away. He finished the entire bowlful and still wanted more so I gave him more. THe food is more expensive than other dry foods and I have to get it in a specialty store here.. His stomach did not seem to get upset either. It might be too hard for a kitten to chew. This is great for adult cats and sensitive stomachs as well. It has good ingredients that are gentle on a cat's intestines. My cat seems to really like it, at least for now!

EVO is a godsend!

from Uniontown, OH

Comments about Innova EVO Cat & Kitten Food:

Both my friend and I tried EVO and it was a godsend for her cat! Slappy was just skin and bones and hair falling out. His quality of life was not the greatest on the foods he was eating, and my cat, Hershey, had horrible bad breath and was overweight. I purchased Weight Management. Both of our cats are doing WONDERFUL now! Slappy has gained weight, while Hershey has shed some of his...even the bad breath has gone away! We have both vowed to keep our babies on EVO cat food.

Grain-free dry cat food

Comments about Innova EVO Cat & Kitten Food:

This seemed to be a great quality dry cat food that our cats love. They are very finicky eaters so finding a food that they would eat was a challenge. This is one of the few that they approved of. It has high quality ingredients and no filler so is very healthy. It is more expensive than brands available in supermarkets but because of the lack of filler our cats were satisfied with smaller portions. I would rate this food higher but last year the company recalled numerous batches due to the presence of salmonella. While they say they have solved the problems I do check before I buy that nothing new has been reported.
Unfortunately one of our local independently owned pet stores no longer will carry this brand. A different store has expressed their confidence in the company. Note that the contamination never was a danger to animals and just means that owners need to not handle the food without washing hands afterwards.

• Flavor Selection:

The is the overall best food I bought for my kitten AND cat!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Innova EVO Cat & Kitten Food:

I just recently added a kitten to our household as a Christmas gift to my daughter. While looking for a food online to feed him, I came across a review for Innova EVO Cat and Kitten food. I read about it and decided to purchase this food for him and try it with my older Siamese as well. She has stomach issues, so I wanted to see if it would work with her. I could not find it at my regular grocery store (Walmart), so I went to a specialty pet store and found it there. It was a little expensive, so I bought the smallest bag available. I was really surprised the first time I fed the two cats. The kitten loved the food and it gave him energy. I did not know what to expect with my eleven year old cat, but the food gave her energy too! She had much more energy that usual and she was playing with the kitten more than usual too! She did not get sick at all, which was incredible. I found a food that works for my kitten AND my adult cat with digestive issues. I am so glad I bought this food and I am going to buy the big bag next time. It is worth the cost and the drive to get such a wonderful and quality food.

• Flavor Selection:

works great for young cats

Comments about Innova EVO Cat & Kitten Food:

We used this for our kittens until they reached 1 year, and it really keeps them healthy, active, and looking great. You do pay a little bit more for it, but the ingredients are all natural and they are the things you want in a cat food. Not a bunch of filler and byproduct. We have had great luck with this brand and would recommend to all cat lovers.

• Flavor Selection:

One of the best dry cat foods (kibble) on the market.

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Innova EVO Cat & Kitten Food:

No kibble is really good for cats. Cats need a high water content in their diets to avoid kidney issues later in life. If you can address the water content, and still feed kibble, then this is one of the better brands. I keep this same brand in a canned food in the house for emergencies. That being said, as kibbles go, this is at the top of the list. The ingredients are of a higher quality than most supermarket brands and other commercial varieties. There are more vitamins in this brand. There is more meat content and less grain and other fillers. My cats also like the flavor better than most other brands.

Quality of Ingredients
Better ingredients overall than other name brand dry cat foods. Added vitamins, oils, and more things that cats need in their diets than what you'll find in other brands. Less fillers. Less grains. Less of the things that cats really don't need to eat, and really don't need to eat dry.

• Flavor Selection:

EVO is an excellent healthy food for cats

from Hanover, PA

Comments about Innova EVO Cat & Kitten Food:

I have two very overweight male cats.  I decided to try Evo's Weight Management cat food and much to my surprise my picky eater cats loved it.  It is a cat food that you can really feel good about giving to your cats.  When you think about human food it is rare to find a healthy product that seems to equal an unhealthy product in taste.  EVO weight management cat food appears to do that for cats.  My two male cats are ages 10 and 16 and both weigh nearly 20 pounds.  I have tried other "diet" pet foods and they simply would not touch it.  The downfall to this product is the price.  It is more than twice the cost of a pet food like Cat Chow.  If your budget allows it is a great choice.  For those on a tight budget like I am, I have found that mixing it half and half with an average cat food like Cat Chow still seems to offer some health benefits and allows it to be a possibility within my budget.  They also need to eat a bit less as it is a richer food.  That helps with the weight problem and allows a bag to last a little longer.

Quality of Ingredients
Cats seem to love it.

Flavor Selection
There were only a couple of choices, but only needed a couple.

Great brand of food

from Mchenry, IL

Comments about Innova EVO Cat & Kitten Food:

Innova is a great brand of pet food and EVO is their high end product.  They use high quality ingreadients and no junky filler.  EVO is high in protein and has no junk fillers which is great for cats espically who need a high protein diet as obligate carnoves.  The drawbacks to Innova is that it is a bit pricey and can be harder to find.  But it is worth it.  Look for it at higher end pet stores.  My cats really like the taste of this food and I feel that I am giving them a healthy diet.

My cat loves it, and my vet recommends it.

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Innova EVO Cat & Kitten Food:

My cat, Annabel, loves Evo. With all the kitty junk food out there (not to mention the recent scare) I feel it's important to make sure she gets good nutrition. Pets can't go shopping for themselves, so it's the owner's responsibility to do the research and try to keep the pets healthy. My vet recommends Evo, as do other cat owners and rescuers I know. It's not carried everywhere. I buy it at An-Jan in San Jose, CA.

ecellent, high quality cat food

from Northfield, OH

Comments about Innova EVO Cat & Kitten Food:

this cat food is excellent.  it is a great food for ferrets.  i like the all natural products and don't mind paying more for the better quality pet foods.  my mom's cats eat this when they come to visit, it is in the mix that i feed my ferrets.  it is not as "rich" as some of the other cat foods, and therefore, does not smell up the litter box as much as other cat foods.