4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

Keep your cat healthy by feeding him/her the best food!

We recently adopted a kitten from the local SPCA. He was adorable, but was a sick little guy developing several infections a week after we brought him home. Along with medications we started feeding him IAMS Kitten food and he rebounded within a week! 4 months later the vet says he has one of the softest coats of fur he's ever seen, and is completely well from all infections.

Just a couple of years prior to adopting the kitten, our dog of 17 years had died. She had been fed nothing by IAMS her whole life and lived a healthy active life until two days before she died of old age. We think her diet had a lot to do with her long life and great health, and we hope our new kitten will enjoy both as well.

Iams kitten food isn't anything special but works just fine,.

I first purchased Iams kitten food when my kitten was having a hard time chewing the Science Diet kibble food. This is small kibble shaped in triangle bits. They are not too thick, so he seems to do better chewing these than the ones that are in little squares and are thicker. My kitten doesn't seem to be crazy about the flavor or anything, and to me, it really doesn't smell very flavorful, but it seems to work. It is a good price, definitely cheaper than Science Diet, but I also have my questions about how healthy it actually is for them. The first ingredient on the list is chicken, but the second is corn meal, and I don't think the corn meal is really that healthy for them. The triangle shape does seem like it would do a good job at cleaning their teeth as they crunch it. I don't think I will use this exclusively, but it is nice to have a bag to mix in with some of his wet food, or some other food.

Iams kitten food

Profile Image

Comments about Iams Kitten Food:

Iams kitten food is specially formulated to help your little kitten grow up big and strong and healthy. This food's main ingredient is chicken and it is small pieces, so easy for a kitten to eat. We used this for a short time for one of our babies based on our veterinarians recommendation and he really seemed to like it. My only complaint was storing the bag, I like resealable food so it does not go stale so I did have to transfer this to a Tupperware. Other than that it was a really good high quality kitten food that helped my little guy get all the nutrients he needed.

Quality of Ingredients
It has lots of added vitamins and nutrients to help kittens. Ingredients seemed to be of high quality. It had no bad odor and my kitten really liked it. He would not have ate it if it was gross!

Flavor Selection
They only offered the one flavor, chicken. I am sure some picky kittens out there wished they offered more flavors than just one.

• Flavor Selection:

My cat loved this food when she was a kitten!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Iams Kitten Food:

Three years ago when my cat was just a baby kitten, I was looking for a nutritious food for her to eat. I looked at reviews online trying to find the best kitten food possible for her to eat and enjoy. That is when I found Iams kitten food. She was fussy with the other foods that I tried giving her, so I was hopeful that she would actually like the taste of this one. I was in luck! She gobbled this kitten food up so quickly. I was ecstatic to finally find a healthy kitten food for her to eat that she actually enjoys. Iams kitten food is not very expensive, so that is a plus as well. I would recommend this for anyone who has kittens.

Quality of Ingredients
Iams kitten food is by far, the most healthy and nutritious kitten food that I have come across thus far. It contains real meat, vegetables, and grains with no added by-products.

Flavor Selection
It comes in a variety of flavors including chicken, beef, fish, etc. My kitten especially loved the fish flavor.

• Flavor Selection:

Great for a growing kitten

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Iams Kitten Food:

My husband rescued a 5-6 week old kitten that someone dumped on the side of a laundromat. We needed to buy kitten food since our other cat is a "mature" cat and this is what they recommended at the emergency vet where we had him looked at. The food is affordable, doesn't cause any issues with hairballs or throwing up and seems to be working extremely well to keep Feisty growing. The only down side is that our older cat seems to love it so much that we have to keep it out of sight/reach when the kitten isn't eating so the older cat doesn't get all of it. Overall very happy with this food.

Quality of Ingredients
Iams is slightly better then middle of the road in terms of ingredients. It isn't all natural or the highest quality out there like some foods have, but they are still higher quality then many of the other brands. When you read the ingredient list, they are mostly things you can pronounce and understand what they are. They also seem to keep the kitten growing, not end up overweight and maintain his energy.

Flavor Selection
There is basically only one flavor available in this particular food/age/type. However, it works perfectly because the kitten loved this food. Our older cat also seemed to really enjoy it.

• Flavor Selection:

One of my kitten's favorites!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Iams Kitten Food:

A little while back we took in a free kitten that needed a home. I have tried a few different kinds of dry kitten and cat food since we got her. I really liked the Iams Kitten Proactive Health Food and so did my kitten. It has good ingredients and nutrients that are good for growing kittens. Iams is a trusted brand for pet food. It is a little more expensive than some kitten food. However, Iams usually offers coupons regularly to help offset the cost. Iams Kitten Food is widely available at many stores. I didn't use this exclusively but it was one of my and my kitten's favorites.

Quality of Ingredients
Iams has good quality, healthy, and natural ingredients. There are some with better but they are usually much more expensive. The is a happy medium for me.

Flavor Selection
It must be full of flavor to satisfy my kitten because she seems to really enjoy eating it! This is one of the kitten foods I've tried that she seems enthusiastic to eat.

• Flavor Selection:

Best kitten food there is.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Iams Kitten Food:

We had a momma cat that was living under our house that was a stray who had kittens and then unfortunately she did not make it through the night, so we had to take in 8 kittens and raise them all ourselves! After we got them to eating solid foods, this is the second kitten food that we bought for them. The first one seemed to upset their stomachs and they were all throwing up. After buying this we saw a huge difference in our kittens as they became alive again and full of all kinds of energy and started growing like weeds! The ingredients in this cat food are all very good and not a bunch of fillers and bi-products that are not good for animals, it is a lot more healthy options and real food. The kittens all loved the flavor of this and scarfed it down as fast as we were willing to pour it in the bowls for them. Our vet told us this was a very good food for the cats as soon as we had them checked out, so I am glad we chose this and even though it is a little expensive you should feed your animals well.

• Flavor Selection:

Great food for a kitten!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Iams Kitten Food:

I just purchased this food because we found a kitten on our street last weekend. She was not doing well with the food we feed our Siamese so I decided to get her some food of her own. She loves this food! She is a chubby little kitten, so she was not starving when we found her but we decided to keep her because she did not have a collar. She attacks this food as though it is going to be gone soon and forever! I like that this food has the nutrients that kittens need to keep growing at a healthy pace. There is not a lot of filler in this food which is something that I have noticed is a problem with a lot of kitten food. Also, it is easier on her stomach than regular cat food. I do not normally purchase Iam's food but I had a coupon and I am glad that I did purchase it. I will definitely be buying this for her in the future and I would recommend it to other people for their kittens as well.

• Flavor Selection:

The Perfect Starter Food For Your New Kitten!

Comments about Iams Kitten Food:

I have kept Iams in my house for years for my dogs and when my husband and I first got our Abyssinian kitty this is what we fed her! She loved the food and the little bites were the perfect size for her. Our little kitty never had any problems with digesting her food. I can still remember telling my hubby "It's the one in the purple bag!". We also have an older cat in our home that always loved to sneak the kitten's food, I figure she found the food equally as irresistible! It is not the cheapest dog food but it is definitely priced fair considering it's quality of ingredients. I always felt confident feeding her the Iams Kitten Food versus some cheaper brands (we won't name names) . I would highly recommend anyone with a new kitten to purchase Iams Dry Kitten Food, it is well balanced and I guarantee your kitties will love it, too!

Quality of Ingredients
Iams provides superior quality ingredients. There are some animal by-products in the food but overall has a much higher meat grade!

Flavor Selection
My kitten ( and frisky adult cat ) love the flavor!

• Flavor Selection:

a great start for kittens

Comments about Iams Kitten Food:

When my cats were kittens I wanted them to have the best start possible so I gave them this especially formulated cat food made especially for kittens. My kittens loved this food and they grew up excellent with this cat food formula because it had all the allowances of vitamins and minerals they would need to grow properly.

Quality of Ingredients
I like that Iams uses only top ingredients and no byproducts so my kittens are eating real meat and vegetables and grains. I want what is best for my pets and their babies so this dry cat food was a great choice.

Flavor Selection
This dry cat food has many different flavors so each bite my kitten takes is gonna be full of flavor and have a good variety to satisfy their tastes. I like that they use real ingredients in this food so not only are my kittens getting a good variety of flavors but also top meat, vegetables, and grain ingredients to keep them healthy.

Great and good price

Comments about Iams Kitten Food:

I've used Iams kitten food with my kittens for years. My cats are outdoor cats and very strong and healthy. They RARELY refuse any kind of cat food, but they have at times, so I know if they really don't like something they won't eat it. The Iams food has never been a problem and the kittens are always eager to start eating real cat food when they smell the IAMs. Weaning has never been an issue for me because the kittens love IAMs. I use this kitten food as soon as they reach the age when they are ready to start eating on their own. If they are having some trouble, I may soak the dry food in water and they will happily slurp up the soggy food. However, the last kittens I've had didn't even wait for me to soak the food and just started sucking on it themselves. I don't know what's in the IAMs kitten food but apparently it's quite tasty!

Quality of Ingredients
I've never looked into what IAMs uses for ingredients, but the kittens seem to like it and they have been quite healthy.

Flavor Selection
I haven't really noticed any variety in flavors, but my kittens/cats aren't picky at all and gobble up the food whenever I offer it to them. I assume there are more flavors but I've never actively looked for them

Top Notch Kitten Food

Comments about Iams Kitten Food:

I've been feeding this brand of food to all my kittens.They love it.It keeps them healthy and happy..You can see how shiny their fur is. I always recommend this to all my friends and family.

Quality of Ingredients
I do like the quality and texture of this. It's easier for their tiny teeth to chew.

They enjoy the taste.