Other Refrigerators:

Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator G2IXEFMWS / G2IXEFMWB / G2IXEFMWQ

Pros

Cons

Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator

This is an excellent refrigerator! It is not fancy and does not have all the bells and whistles of some other refrigerators, but I really like it. I have had absolutely no issues with this refrigerator. It is nice and big, very quiet running, and keeps things cold to the desired selected temperature. I like that it is white. It looks modern and up to date, yet it will not brake the bank, so to speak. I agree with other reviewers that it is easy to clean and I also like the handless doors. I have had several appliances by Whirlpool and have always had good luck . Another plus is that customer service is very helpful and knowledgeable. I had a few questions in the beginning and I received very curteous help .

3 repairs in 3 years.

Condenser went bad 3 times. Once under warranty and twice out of warranty. Repair man told me very unusual for whirlpool to have this problem.

Interior...Read complete review

Standard. Nothing fancy.

Standard.

Easy to clean.

Major repairs needed multiple times.

Sleek and modern looking.

Great Refrigerator with Reversable Door Option

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator G2IXEFMWS / G2IXEFMWB / G2IXEFMWQ:

This refrigerator is great and would highly recommend it!

Noise Level
Overall the refrigerator is relatively quiet. The only noise I notice is when the ice maker is dispensing ice.

Interior Organization
The interior organization is great and is one of the reasons why I purchased the refrigerator. I really like that you can move the shelves around based on the size of items you store in the refrigerator and where you would like to store them.

Temperature Control
The temperature control is good. I have found that some items in the back if the fridge will get colder.

Very ease to remove shelves and drawers to clean.

Very durable. I have two young children that can be rough on appliances.

I love the design and the main reason I purchased the refrigerator was for the design. I like that there isn't a handle and the door was reversible. We needed a refrigerator door that opened to the left and most doors open to the right. I also like the freezer being on the top.

SIMPLE RELIABILITY

I have been the owner of this stainless steel Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator (Model #G2IXEFMWS) for going on seven years, and I am very satisfied with its overall performance and reliability. I have not experienced any negative issues requiring a repair man yet. It is simple, because I do not require a side-by-side style nor do I require an ice maker or ice water mechanism in the door. Doing without these features has saved me money on the initial purchase, and on paying for repairs for more complicated construction later on down the line. The overall performance of this model has proven to maintain the consistent temperature needed to safely preserve refrigerated and frozen foods. It is very easy to clean, with easily removable glass shelves, plastic side shelves, and the bottom storage drawers. It is also very roomy and more than adequate for storing quantitative and bulky items. I am quite satisfied.

Noise Level
Silent most of the time, except for some odd noises during its cooling cycles.

Interior Organization
Flexibility in rearranging shelf positions and roomy

One annoying quirk is that the bottom door shelf sometimes works its way out of its bracket, thereby spilling out whatever items it was holding

Classic and efficient

It’s energy efficient and has an updated interior, though its controls and shelves are hard to customize It's very good for someone looking for a traditional fridge.
Doesn't give any noise. Doens't take much time to get the things cooled.
And also it takes less power relatively. The glossy white finish gives it a fresh look.
There’s a single temperature control, located inside the fridge compartment. Unfortunately, it controls both the temperature of the refrigerator and freezer, and doesn’t have any corresponding temperature scale.On its "recommended" setting, the Whirlpool’s fridge ran warm. That’s a consequence of a single temperature control for both compartments: If we were to reduce the temperature in the fridge, the freezer would’ve been too cold, something that may not impact your food but could cause increased energy consumption. Either way, temperatures were best in the middle of the fridge, so keep highly perishable items like dairy towards the center.Up top, the freezer did a great job keeping food consistently cold, barely varying over time or space. Like the fridge, temperatures also didn’t vary over time. Consistency is very important in a freezer, as constant changes in temperature can cause freezer burn and ruin food. Altogether, the whole unit was also quite energy efficient for the space it offers. The vegetable drawers defied the temperature issues and delivered results that very average—a good thing, at this point. Produce should remain fresh for a couple of days, no more than you might generally expect.

Good buy

I own this refrigerator and have only had one problem with it over the last five years. I'm having an issue with the freezer not defrosting, and having some trouble locating the exact problem or part. I would say the biggest problem is because I'm doing it myself and not hiring someone to do it.

Noise Level
Never even know it's running

Interior Organization
I am happy with the organization inside.

Temperature Control
Usually good, just the one problem with the freezer lately.

Easy to clean. I can wipe the inside down or remove the shelves for big messes and wash them in the sink. The shelves obviously do not fit in the sink, but it's very manageable. The drawers remove easily as well and can be cleaned.

It seems very durable to me. It lives with a family of five, three of them being teenagers now, and so far it's still holding up well.

I like the design just fine. It's not the top of the line, extremely large refrigerator, but it serves the purpose fine, and it fits well in the space I had.

Best fridge!

from Enfield, CT

If you're looking for a durable, long lasting, good all round fridge. This is the one! We've had this one about 9 months & so far it works like it's still brand new. No issues whatsoever. Beautiful, sharp looking design & works quietly. Not noisy at all like our last fridge! We've been very pleased with it. While I'd like to try my hardest to think of any major {or minor} flaws, I can't. It's just been perfect for our use. And has held up well. I expect many years out of it. We love whirlpool products in general &. This one has lived up to the name. Good quality, sharp design, quiet as a mouse {w just a very low hum}, easy to clean & no issues w the temperature control on either the fridge part or the freezer part. No complaints here, friends. So if you're still refridgerator hunting...stop now. You've found "The One." Don't hesitate to get ours today...we promise you won't be let down! :) happy fridge buying, friends!

3 repairs in 3 years.

Standard. Nothing fancy.

Standard.

Easy to clean.

Major repairs needed multiple times.

Sleek and modern looking.

• Temperature Control:

So much space! and I used to hate top/bottom fridges!

from Blacksburg, VA

This refrigerator is certainly designed for maximum usage of interior space! I can fit six gallons of milk on only half of the top shelf! There are 2 drawers in the bottom that are really deep and the meat/cheese drawer is very spacious as well. The door space is great too and every single shelf is adjustable! The freezer isn't huge, but it is more spacious than most top/bottom fridges. The ice maker works perfectly too, but that would be the noisiest part of the fridge and sometimes sounds like someone is moving around my kitchen getting into things. My favorite thing is the handle used to open it--it is an indentation in the top of the door that I also use it to collect my coke lids and box tops in before redeeming, it is a notch on both sides of the door that is about 3 inches deep and 6-8 inches long--perfect for a storing a few small items!

I purchased mine from craigslist and it is now in it's third home. Very heavy to move though! easier to remove the doors first as it can sometimes be wider than most doorways.

Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator

from In Upstate, NY

Great Refrigerator for the money

from Covina, CA

I love this refrigerator. I bought it when I got my first apartment and then when I moved I gave it to my mother for her house and she is still using it. It has a lot of space which is nice.. I always had at least 2 pizzas in there (yay for dominos). I loved that the freezer doesn't over freeze or under freeze which i can sometimes find to be a problem with refrigerators. I hate that level of ice on boxes.. or ice that breaks cause its too cold.

I will say my one problem with it is the doors. The storage part of the doors.. it doesn't feel super steady which makes me worry about what i put in there. i hate that it just has a strap across well not a strap but like a piece of plastic.. so things like packets of sauce spill out at you when you open it.

Well Worth the Money

from Peoria, IL

We bought this as a replacement for a refrigerator that we had for many years. I shopped around at quite a few places before making my decision on this particular make and model. All I can say is that I found just what I wanted in this product. Not too big, not too small.

Large roomy interior with easy to clean, adjustable shelves and automatic defrost as well. What more could you ask for? I love the fact that the freezer compartment has a light of it's own so there is no need to be digging around to get something in the dark.. I also love the fact that it has no exterior handles, sleek and wonderful in a brilliant white color and really makes your kitchen stand out.

It is well worth the amount I paid for it and am sure that it will be here and working for many years to come. I showed all the special features of this refrigerator to my sister and she is now thinking of getting this model as well.