Other Refrigerators:
Top-Freezer Refrigerators
Kenmore
Kenmore Top-Freezer Refrigerator

Kenmore Top-Freezer Refrigerator

Pros

• Easy access (3)
  • Energy efficient (3)
  • Holds temperature well (3)
  • Quiet (3)

Black Kenmore 18.2 cu ft Top Freezer Refrigerator #68989

My 25 year old refrigerator began dying in the winter.  It started off by making a screeching sound.  Luckily that stopped.  Then I began finding pools of water in the refrigerator.  The final straw was when my frost free freezer section began making snow-cones.

I checked out refrigerators on the Internet. The one thing i didn't like about the Sears Internet site was that it didn't show the interior of the refrigerator.  So I had to go down to the store to check it out.

I wanted one that was Energy Star rated and that would fit in the existing space in my kitchen.  I did not want an ice maker.  The wall of my kitchen abuts my bedroom so it needed to be quiet.  I didn't want to hear cubes dropping, nor did I want to give up freezer space.  The 18.2 cu ft model proved to be a perfect fit.

I was concerned that the interior of the refrigerator seemed smaller that my old one.  My old refrigerator had three shelves and this one has only two, but the door storage is amazing and I fit most of what used to be on the shelves into the door.

I like the spill proof glass shelves, but I'm a little worried about the fact that they are glass.  I do like that you can see through the glass into the crisper bins.

All in all, I've had the refrigerator for about a month and I'm satisfied.  The delivery was very professional.  The delivery people reversed the door for me, leveled the refrigerator and removed my old clunker.

It's quiet and keeps the food cold and the frozen food frozen.  The door has a tight seal.  I would have liked an extra half shelf on the door and another slide out shelf for the refrigerator, but I guess I can always buy that..

Basic fridge for an average household

I rated this fridge as such because it doesn't meet all my needs. It came with the condo we purchased so I didn't really have a choice. I supposed we could have bought a better one, but the space wouldn't allow. My main complaint is that the freezer space is wayyyy to small. We have five people living here and I cannot stock up on food nor cook and freeze a lot of meals for later because there just isn't room!

Noise Level
I forgot this thing could even make noise. The only noise it ever makes is the ice maker doing its thing when we turn it on.

Interior Organization
Ehhh the bottom shelf is too low, but if its adjust up, then the milk gallon doesn't fit well.

Temperature Control
Anything on the top shelf freezes but if we turn it down, the bottom shelf isn't cold enough. Only annoying when your forget and put sour cream or hummus on the top shelf and it freezes. Neither of those taste good defrosted.

It'd be nicer if the veggie drawer fronts came off. It's hard to get the lips all clean on the shelves as well.

So far so good I guess. It's lasted another owner and us.

Not my fave refrigerator ever that's for sure.

from Algeria

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

• 2nd Refrigerator
    • Big Families

Comments about Kenmore Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

Fantastic fridge, very meticulous, well designed

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Good quality

from Louisiana

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy Access
    • Energy Efficient
    • Holds Temperature Well
    • Quiet

• 2nd Refrigerator

Comments about Kenmore Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I keep my Kenmore top freezer in the mudroom for our guest. It does amazing job at keep beverages cold. It's easy to get to and doesn't take a lot of space. It open and closes easily. The freezer does just what it's suppose to do at keeping ice frozen. Not a lot of space but just right for what I need it for at storing ice and sometimes frozen beverages. I also use the refrigerator for storing prepared meals for family get togethers. I like how it keeps the meals safe and cool. This refrigerator is reliable,energy efficient, holds temperature good,quiet,and doesn't take up a lot of space. I would recommend it.

• Primary use:
      • Personal

Neat work horse!

from Kingman Arizona

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
      • Customizable Shelving
      • Easy Access
      • Energy Efficient
      • Holds Temperature Well
      • Quiet
      • Space For Tall Items

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Kenmore Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I bought this in a hurry because my old fridge didn't give much notice when it decided to breathe it's last. It fits perfectly in my kitchen, (all my appliances are white). Many consider that to be old fashioned, but I enjoy the fact that it cleans easily, and looks clean. I have friends with stainless steel and it's a pita (pain in the asterisk) to keep it clean. Fingerprints are a constant problem. The temperature sits steadily wherever you set it, and there's plenty of room for veggies and fruits in the designated drawers. The shelves are easily adjusted for height, easy to clean and readjust if I need to.

• Primary use:
        • Personal

Its okay

Comments about Kenmore Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I only give Kenmore Top_Freezer Refrigerator an eight out of ten because it has weird stains that pop up every once in awhile. I have narrowed it down to nothing I have put into the fridge part, but still there are yellow stains that pop up every once in awhile. This requires me to clean and empty my fridge more often than necessary. However, this could be good just for the fact that I know my food is always in a sanitary environment. Otherwise it is just a pain in the rear. It is really easy to use and adjust. This appliance always keeps a great seal on the doors which saves energy and keeps you from losing coldness. It has great shelves that allow you to store a lot of food reasonably easy.

Noise Level
        It does not make noise which is a huge plus.

Temperature Control
        This fridge is very easy to control the temperature on.

It is pretty easy to clean, but weird stains are always appearing out of nowhere.

Just wow

from Enterprise, Wv

Comments about Kenmore Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I bought this refrigerator 4 years ago because mine had blown up. I got it at an appliance store for %75 off because it had a dent in it. It was a steal, I have 4 kids and two grandkids. It has been stood in while browsing for food. It is open at least 30 times a day.It get jammed packed with food and still keeps it nice and cold . But the REAL test is this. Last January m house caught on fire. It did not reach the kitchen BUT the water from the fie department did. It was below zero so as soon as the water hit surfaces it froze solid. My refrigerator was covered and filled with 100's of gallons of water, frozen water. I was devastated. WE did not have insurance covering the things inside the house. We are a one income family and to be honest we lucked into this deal to start with. My husband turned up the furnace, lit the oven and pulled the refrigerator in front of it. Randomly he used a blow dryer inside the back of it. One week after the fire he plugged it back in. It worked and it is STILL working.I will NEVER buy another brand of refrigerator. This thing is amazing. My stove unfortunately did not do the same. The entire side of it rusted out and it stopped working. It was only 6 months old. This brand is quality that absolutely cannot be matched. I was blessed to have it when that happened.

Runs quiet . Do not know it is on

Wonderful. Lots of space

Temperature Control
        Keep everything nice and cold.

Read my review. Amazing

top freezer refigerator

Comments about Kenmore Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

This refrigerator has a top freezer that is very spacious. Stays cold. Self defrosting. Refrigerator holds 3 full shelves. It has a lunchmeat drawer. I like the crisper drawer for vegetables. It has a fruit drawer also. East to clean. Butter keeper and 2 shelf door storage. They fit 2gallons of milk and 2 litter pop bottles.

Quiet

Interior Organization
        Easy to get to everything

Temperature Control
        Temperature stays where you put it. I have new had trouble

Warm water And dry towel. Cleans super easy.

I have had this refrigerator 8 yrs.

Classic design. Fits any decore

• Temperature Control:

A great refrigerator on a budget.

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Kenmore Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I love Kenmore appliances. They tend to last longer for me than most. We bought this one two years ago and I have not had any problems with it.

Noise Level
        My last refrigerator made a lot of noises. This one seems very quite compared to my last one. You can hear it occasionally but it is not loud or obnoxious.

Interior Organization
        This has a very basic design. We have a family of four and it holds plenty of food and drinks. It has a meat and cheese tray under the middle shelf. It also has two pull out drawers on the bottom. They are meant for fruits and vegetables and have humidity control knobs. I don't store that many fruits and vegetables in the refrigerator so these drawers come in handy for soda and water bottles.

Temperature Control
        This doesn't seem to take long to change temperature when you adjust the control. I have never had a problem with temperature. I like things pretty cold and it does a good job of it.

This is easy to clean. The drawers and glass shelves remove for easy cleaning.

No School Like the Old School

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Kenmore Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

Growing up, my friends all had fancy fridges with French doors and water/ice dispensers. I thought that these were the mark of greatness at the time. It wasn't until I owned one and did not love it that I appreciated and went back to my roots with a Kenmore Top-Freezer Refrigerator.
        Despite appearances, the top freezer has quite a bit of storage space. The only space that is not well utilized is right until the ice maker. The ice tray is rather large and bulky, but other than that. There is heaps of storage space. I do wish that there were more shelves to make items more accessible. Things can easily get lost in the back.
        I love that the fridge and freezer are totally separate, so I don't waste electricity by having them both open at the same time.
        The white color doesn't show fingerprints, unlike many stainless steel and black models.
        As far as the fridge, the produce and deli drawers keep food really fresh. Great storage space and functional design.

Noise Level
        A bit louder than other models. The ice maker is a bit loud as well.

Keep your cool.

from Rome,GA

Comments about Kenmore Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I bought this refrigerator to use in our shop as a secondary cooling unit to keep close to our work area. So far I have been very pleased with this unit, it's very unit and I haven't noticed a big increase in my power consumption. I like the quiet operation of this refrigerator as well. I believe in my own personal opinion it may work better than my in the house unit which was much more expensive. I didn't find the interior layout very pleasing but for my purpose it was fine. The interior of the unit is very easy to clean it just wipes clean for the most part. The upper freezer area is one of my favorite parts of this unit. I like to keep lots of ice on hand for myself and others that may be working with me in the shop at any given time.

Interior Organization
        The interior is laid out oddly in my opinion, it may be due to the straight forward overall design. I did feel like it would have been better if you had been able to adjust the shelves in more ways.

Temperature Control
        The temperature control is very simple and easy to set.

Great Product

Comments about Kenmore Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

The Kenmire Top-Freezer Refrigerator is a very great product. The noise Kevel is very low and the interior organization is very nice. The temperature control is awesome and it us very easy to read and regulate. It us very easy to clean and the design is good like the other brands. It is also very durable as I have been using this refrigerator for quite a while and there has been no issue with it. The only problem I usually encounter is that the bottom drawers sometimes does not sit properly and this usually hinder the door from closing properly. The operation of this refrigerator does not require any expertise. You just plug it in and adjust the control knob to regulate the temperature and you are good to go. Because Kenmore has always been a trusted brand that has been consistent for ages, I will recommend it to everyone that seeks my opinion about refrigerators.