4.1
Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator

Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator

4.1

this is a workhorse

If you are looking for a quiet refrigerator that has plenty of room this Whirlpool refrigerator is the one for you. I wanted a refrigerator that was laid out well making it easy to find items inside and not loose food shoved to the back. This Whirlpool refrigerator is designed well inside and out making it easy to clean up those nasty food spills.It keep the food at a constant temperature and I can't say enough about the design and ease of use of this refrigerator. I wanted a refrigerator that had the freezer on top so I can see what is in the freezer and I am able to stack several weeks worth of food in this Whirlpool freezer and know at a glance what is in the freezer.

Good design, poor durability.

I bought this refrigerator about a year ago to use in my basement recreation room. While I like some things about this refrigerator very well, I have have some complaints about it that allow me to rate it only as satisfactory. It has a spacious interior, and keeps food and drinks nice and cold. I like the clear acrylic shelves, and the way the shelves are organized. The freezer compartment is a bit small, but not a big issue. The ice maker does a good job. I thought I would like the black exterior finish, especially for use in a recreation room. But, greasy finger smudges from popcorn and chips show terribly on this refrigerator. Also it scratches very easily. However, my biggest complaint is that the compressor went out just 3 weeks after purchase. Now, a year later, I have a scheduled service appointment for the same problem.

Noise Level
Noise level is pretty low.

Interior Organization
The interior organization is one of the best features of this model.

Temperature Control
Very easy to set and change. Keeps food and drinks nice and cold.

Interior is extremely easy to clean. Can remove shelves for cleaning if needed. Also the hard acrylic is easy to clean. The exterior needs frequent cleaning because smudges and smears really show up on this black surface .

I have not had a good experience with the durability of this model. The refrigerator was replaced 3 weeks after purchase because the compressor failed. I am now having the same problem with it for the second time.

Designed well on the interior for food storage. Exterior is also attractively designed.

Whirlpool Problems

from Highland, Utah

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design

Cons

• Noisy Compressor
  • Poor handles, break very easy

• Larger Kitchens

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

After 3 mouth of use, the lower handle broke off, whirlpool said that it was a cosmetic problem and would not cover it, I think the handles are a little more than cosmetic problem like a scratch or ding. The compressor is very noisy, when I asked the service tech about the problem, he told me that's just the way whirlpool frigs are.

Not Good

from Ontario Canada

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

Cons

• Flimsy Shelves
    • Limited Shelving Options
    • Noisy
    • Poor Layout
    • Unreliable

• 2nd Refrigerator

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

Broke down 3 times during warranty. Very difficult to access. Poor design. Black is NOT a good color for an appliance

• Primary use:
    • Personal

This is the best refrigeror out there.

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

I would not change one thing about this refrigerator. The size, the glass shelves, and the removable bins make this a product that I just love. When it comes time to purchase another refrigerator, I will be definitely looking for another as similar as possible.

Noise Level
    The only thing I ever hear is the water running for the icemaker. It is very quiet.

Interior Organization
    I love the adjustable bins in the door and the adjustable glass shelves. The bins are just the right size to store a gallon of milk. I have no problems fitting all my condiments in the door of this refrigerator and our family loves condiments.

Temperature Control
    I have not had any problems with freezing in the back of the refrigerator. So temperature seems to be about the same in the front of the refrigerator as the back.

The glass shelves are easy to remove and easy to clean. This is one great product.

We have had this refrigerator for awhile now and it never gives us any problems..

I prefer this design to a side by side. The freezer space is just the right amount and there is plenty of room to store all my cold products in the refrigerator itself.

• Temperature Control:

Very good no-frills but effective refrigerator

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

Have preferred Whirlpool refrigerators for years - have had this model for the last few years and it has performed perfectly. Quiet, easy to clean and just a good serviceable refrigerator. The organization of shelves and the adaptability of the storage design has proven to be more than adequate

• Temperature Control:

Basic refrigerator for a mid size family

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

This is the refrigerator that we currently have in the house that we are renting. It came with it. It is a basic refrigerator. We haven't really had any issues with it but I have several neighbors with the same refrigerator who have. We are a family of 4, two being babies, and sometimes we even run out of storage space. I wish the freezer was a little bigger so that we could store more meat. If we were a bigger family, it probably wouldn't work for us. When my family came to visit over the summer, the refrigerator became packed and cluttered with everyone's extra food and that was just 3 extra adults. I like that it has all the basic compartments. Egg section, butter, two vegetable/fruit trays. I also like that you can adjust the temp for the vegetables in order to keep them fresh and crisp longer. The second shelf is kind of small and it's hard to find the best options to store there. If you are a single person or a small family then this refrigerator would be perfect. It won't give you any trouble, it's easy to clean, and it makes zero noise.

• Temperature Control:

This is the best refrigerator I know.

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

This is by far the most awesome refrigerator I have ever seen and used. I really don't have much words to describe it. What I like most about this refrigerator is its space. It has so much space inside that you can hardly fill up if you are not that kind of person who shops for groceries at least twice or thrice a week. It took us months to stock up this refrigerator. The inside of the fridge part is so beautiful and divided into various shelves. It does not fail in the freezing part. The freezer part has its fair share of spaces too. Together they make up a durable and massively spacious refrigerator.

Noise Level
    U hardly notice the noise. It has that faint, steady noise that most refrigerators make.

Interior Organization
    The interior organization is nice and well organized.

Temperature Control
    I have not noticed any problem in this area.

Now this is where there is a problem. Due to its size and the number of shelves, it is impossible sometimes to totally clean it.

It is durable.

The design is one thing I like. It is beautiful. I do not know if it comes only in black colors but I love it.

• Temperature Control:

whirlpool brand is a great brand

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

I have always owned Whirlpool brand, and its been in the family for generations. Whirlpool, from my experience is a good brand its energy sufficient and are casual which I like too.

Noise Level
    My whirlpool is very quiet.

Interior Organization
    Inside a whirlpool refrigerator is nice its well spacious and organized

Temperature Control
    My fruits and veggies are at perfect temperature I don't have no complains.

Very easy to clean, easy for the drawers to come out for that deep cleaning outcome. But if you want to clean it quickly, you can wipe down and is easy to clean

I had my refrigerator for many years now they last long, mine has not broke down still working well very durable and lots of space.

I like the options that whirlpool offers to the customers, I personally like the stainless steel refrigerator but for now since my refrigerator is still running smoothly I will keep the one I have.

Whirlpool refrigerator

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

This item is functional. There are some ups and downs with it. There is plenty of freezer space for my family of 4 but the actual refrigeration area is not as good as I would like. The shelves in the fridge are not adjustable like my last fridge and it is difficult to fit a lot of items in it. Overall I think it is a decent fridge but in the future I will do a bit more research before I buy my appliances.

Noise Level
    This is not a noisy unit at all.

Interior Organization
    Again the shelves do not adjust well so it is difficult to fit large items in it.

Temperature Control
    The food stays cold and there have been no issues with the thermostat in this unit. Overall I think we chose well.

I love cleaning this fridge. It is not difficult at all. Just a little hot soapy water and everything comes off. This helps when it comes to my eleven and twelve year old.

There were damages done to this unit when it was delivered and the rails inside the door come off a little easier than I would like. It seems that it is quite easy to dent or ding this unit.

Reliable and Cost Effective

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

We have had this refrigerator for years and we have had no problems with it. It is standard refrigerator without all of the fancy and extra features. It accomplishes the job though of keeping food chilled and frozen. The black finish keeps dirt and smears from showing up as easily as a lighter colored refrigerator would. This appliance is extremely easy to clean inside and outside. There are enough storage drawers and shelves inside, including decent amount of storage space on the door too. The refrigerator is not a loud machine when running. We have never had a problem with our cold or frozen foods needing a temperature adjustment. The temperature settings are very clear and easy to adjust. The only extra need would be to have more freezer room. We have no complaints with this appliance. It has met our needs and we would recommend it to anyone looking for a standard and simple refrigerator.

• Temperature Control:

Good design, poor durability.

Noise Level
    Noise level is pretty low.

Interior Organization
    The interior organization is one of the best features of this model.

Temperature Control
    Very easy to set and change. Keeps food and drinks nice and cold.