Other Refrigerators:
Whirlpool
W8RXNGMWB
Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator

Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator

Pros

• Easy access (3)
  • Quiet (3)

Cons

• Limited shelving options (3)

• Small kitchens (3)
    • Personal (3)

Very Reliable

from Bothell WA

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Limited Shelving Options

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

For the size it works well in a small kitchen. I really pack it at times and it keeps foods cold. Only real issue is small freezer capacity.

• Personal

More shelving options was required!

from India

Pros

• Easy Access
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet

Cons

• Limited Shelving Options

• 2nd Refrigerator
  • Large Kitchens

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

It is one beautifully designed fridge from Whirlpool. Lots of storage space inside and it has the capability to become your most desired fridge.
Interior Organization
Interior of the fridge is beautifully organized. You can store and organize your foods quite easily. The only problem for was the limited shelving options and I could not store all my items in it.
Normally, Whirlpool products are very easy to use and this fridge is no different. The system is not so complicated and anyone can use it.
Just remove the shelves and other parts and you can then easily clean the fridge with soap and water.
The fridge looks good to last for at least 3-4 years. Till now, no problems at all and works as promised by the company.

excellent!

from Madison, wi

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy Access
  • Quiet

Cons

• Limited Shelving Options

• 2nd Refrigerator
  • Office Fridge

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

Purchased this to replace a 20 year old GE 18.2 cu. ft. top freezer refrigerator that came with my house when it was built. The GE unit was still functioning perfectly, but it was starting to rust pretty badly and I felt it was time to replace it.

Decided on this Whirlpool unit since it was similar in dimensions, features and functions to the old GE unit, plus it had received overwhelmingly positive reviews from owners.

The Whirlpool was delivered as scheduled. Everything seemed peachy, but on the second day the compressor started emitting a loud, metallic buzzing sound. Contacted Whirlpool and they dispatched a technician to diagnose the unit. He confirmed that the compressor was faulty and that it would require a second visit and three hours minimum to replace the compressor. He suggested that since the unit was less than a week old, I should attempt to get it replaced by Home Depot.

I stopped in at the Home Depot store from which I had purchased the Whirlpool, and they agreed to an exchange. The paperwork for the exchange process took over an hour as the customer service personnel were making calls trying to determine if Home Depot or the delivery company were responsible for exchanging the unit.

The new (replacement) unit was delivered a few days later. It also emits a metallic buzzing sound when the compressor kicks in, but not as loud as the first new unit. Guess I'll have to live with it, but I highly doubt the unit will last as long as the original GE refrigerator.

• Personal
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Whirlpool Fridge...recommended

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

After reviewing online & had looked upon various refrigerators in stores, I opted for this one. There are few reasons for me to buy this fridge. First an foremost is the space in it....its a very big big fridge. Since I have a big family I always wanted to buy a bigger fridge so that it can accommodate all the things which was tough for me to store in a smaller one I had. Due to its big size, it is very easier for me to clean the fridge as and when needed. The deep freeze section works very fast in making the ice, ice cream etc. The cooling is pretty wonderful.

However, I have quite a few negatives as well to share. Firstly it makes some strange noises which is at time so irritating. Since my kitchen is very close to my bedroom, it irritates me more often. Secondly, the side walls of the fridge should have been of the same pattern as the front side which would have make it more attractive in looks.

Having said that I still go with Whirlpool brand.

• Noise Level:
  • Interior Organization:
  • Temperature Control:

Great Frdge

from Jersey City, NJ

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

This is the best refrigerator that I have ever owned. It goes fabulously with my other stainless steel items and doesnt make that awkward fridge noise. The glass shelves makes cleanup a snap and makes the inside attractive. It includes crispers to keep your veggies and salads fresh and easy temperature control. My drinks and meats are kept cool and food keeps it taste. I would recommend this fridge.

• Noise Level:
  • Interior Organization:
  • Temperature Control:

Whirlpool Refrigerator does the job

from Sparta, TN

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I am normally positive in my reviews, but I have a hard time ranking my Whirlpool side by side refrigerator as above average.  Sure it does the job in keeping food refrigerated, but the noises from this machine are off the scale annoying.  I am not referring to normal refrigeration noises; instead I am referring to annoying noises when you walk around the refrigerator that are squeaking and very consistent.  This has been a problem from almost day one of the two and a half years I have owned this Whirlpool refrigerator.  Another problem is bottles in the refrigerator that rattle when you walk around the refrigerator.

I bought this particular refrigerator because of the great price, and the stainless steel look that matched my other appliances.  Overall it has done a fine job with its primary purpose which is keeping food cold.  If it weren't for the extreme noise problems I would give it a very good recommendation, but the consistent noises have driven me crazy, therefore I cannot recommend the refrigerator to a friend.

This Whirlpool Refrigerator is outstanding

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

Normally, I do not like the metallic refrigerators.  However, since this was a gift, we had to give it a try.  I always thought that magnets didn't stick to them, but I guess that is some other kind of metal because there is no problem with this one.  It looks like a grown-up's refrigerator.  There are no scratches, stains or scuff marks on it.  This has been a problem in the past.  Aside from appearance, it is a quality appliance.  The space is made so that the cool air circulates evenly.  No more frozen food in the back and barely cool items in the front.  I do not have to worry about food placement anymore, which is a relief.  I have also noticed that my vegetables actually do stay crisper longer.  Usually I do not rely on that feature to keep my vegetables and fruits fresh and crisp, but I have noticed a difference with this particular refrigerator.  The freezer is really well constructed as well.  I have yet to have one freezer-burned item since I have had it.  All in all, this is a superlative refrigerator!