Other Refrigerators:
Whirlpool
Models:
WSF26C2EXY, WSF26C2EXB, WSF26C2EXW
Whirlpool Refrigerator

Summary

Whirlpool WSF26C2EXY 26.4 cu. ft. Side by Side Refrigerator with SpillGuard Glass Shelves, Gallon Door Bins, In-Door-Ice, External Ice/Water Dispenser and ADA Compliant: Monochromatic Stainless Steel

Whirlpool Refrigerator

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

Great refrigerator with lots of space and easy to clean.

Comments about Whirlpool Refrigerator:

Great refrigerator. Stainless steel like surface means nice stainless look without the fingerprints!

Noise Level
Ice maker has a bit of noise to it when it is cylcing and drawing water. There is very little other audible notes to the unit.

Interior Organization
Flexible door and interior shelving make it very convenient to set up as you please. Door allows for all manner of drink containers based on flexible shelving.

Temperature Control
Digital interface on front allows for easy control of temperature, plus the fridge has an audible warning if you leave the door open for too long. Also, the unit has a fast freeze setting that senses when it may need to boost output based on temperature changes, like when you add food to the fridge.

Easy access for cleaning interior and great surface treatment for cleaning exterior.

Functional and easy to use means very few of the added and expensive bells and whistles that may fail on other fridges.

Excellent design. Flexible shelving, easy water filter change compartment inside the fridge. Ice maker bin is in freezer door and pulls out of door to create a quick ice bucket. The exterior separate ice and water dispensers are a plus for our kids as it leaves no question as to what they are wanting or getting.

• Temperature Control:

Good if you don't use it for water or ice

Comments about Whirlpool Refrigerator:

This is a solid fridge. Personally I prefer french-door fridges, but this is the one we have in our office and so I don't get a choice about it. It has good capacity and keeps things cold, but the water machine is quite sub-par. The water dispenser itself is easily the slowest dispenser I've used in a long time. The water is cold and tastes fine, but it just takes forever! The ice machine is also often slow to actually get ice to come down. I just hear it churning trying to get a grip on some ice before anything actually starts coming out. At first I thought it just never had enough ice, but after many times of checking the ice bin it really is just slow at getting it from point A to B. We actually have two of these in our office so its unlikely that this is just a fluke machine. The stainless steel stays about as clean as any other I've seen and they do look pretty smart, but I just can't get over the ice and water dispenser!

Noise Level
Very quiet, not at all noticeable.

Interior Organization
Good for a side by side. I think french doors have much better use of space though.

Temperature Control
Exactly what you expect when you set it.

As simple as any other fridge.

Gets a lot of use, but still looks great.

Sleek, modern, handsome.

Whirpool has it down!

Comments about Whirlpool Refrigerator:

We recently bought our first home and after diligently pouring over many online reviews, Consumer Reports, and suggestions from friends and family, we FINALLY settled on this refrigerator. All the research I did on fridges with built in water/ice in the door came down to one major complaint: the ice maker. It was either finicky or too hard to remove and/or reinstall the ice bucket. Whirpool seems to be the only brand who has figured out how to make a reliable ice maker. We've had our fridge for about 4 months and so far I really love it. The ice bucket slides in and out extremely easily so that if I need a large amount of ice for a party, I can very easily access it. It also has a "quick ice" feature that makes more ice fast for parties. Also, a major selling point for us is that this ice MAKER is in the door, rather than taking up the entire top shelf of the freezer like other models. The freezer seems a lot more spacious because of this, which is hard to find in side-by-side models. That was probably a main selling point for us. The other thing that is neat about this fridge is the "6th Sense" that senses when the door is open or when warm food is placed in the fridge and adjusts the cooling to bring the temperature to normal quickly. I also like that the shelves slide in and out a few inches so you can access stuff that gets hidden in the back. My only complaint about this fridge is that, despite it's claims to keep produce fresher longer in the drawers, I honestly believe it goes bad faster...I have no concrete evidence to back this up but it seems I really have to go through my berries and lettuce very fast or it molds/wilts despite the drawer being on the "vegetable" setting. Not a huge deal but I have noticed it. Overall I am extremely happy with this product!

Noise Level
The ice maker can be a bit loud. For the first few days we really had to get used to the sound of dropping ice.

Interior Organization
Shelves slide back and forth a few inches to access food in the back.

Temperature Control
Has a 6th sense feature that regulates temperature quickly when the door is opened or when warm food is placed in it.

awesome!

from Greenville, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Refrigerator:

i have this fridge . we bought it a year ago and i absolutely love it! it is very stylish and sufficient. the water softener makes the water and ice come out very clear. it taste good just like bottled water . it is easy to clean and the stainless steel shines really nice. i definitely recommend this appliance to anyone. it doesn't cost hardly anything to run. very efficient and eco friendly. it is very spacious and shelves are easily moveable. you can adjust the temperature setting very easily too. it has a lock out that you can use for the water and ice maker too. which is very nice if you have young grand kids like i do. it makes very little noise too. when it kicks on you still don't hear it neither. the filter is very easy to change. it is also inexpensive. you would not be disappointed with this product. the design of it is very nice. it is a great addition to any kitchen. it is very durable and i know this will last for quite a few years to come.

Temperature Control
very easy to adjust. just a turn of some knobs .

Good for the price

Comments about Whirlpool Refrigerator:

This fridge doesn't have all the bells and whistles of some of its competitors, but it is a very decent fridge for the price. We chose the product in black, to match the rest of our Whirlpool appliances. The inside lights are not LED, which some of the other fridges we looked at are. But, for the price, this fridge is just what we needed. The biggest complaint we have with this fridge is that the water line sometimes just does not work. After a few minutes, we will try again and the water will once again work and come out. This can oftentimes be an inconvenience. Other than that, everything else is just fine with this fridge.

like the product

Comments about Whirlpool Refrigerator:

I have always been satisfied with the purchase of whirlpool products and this is no exception. I like the finish of the product and it matches my decor! Although the finish is such that any spots or fingerprints that are not wiped immediately show on the doors, I tend to wipe them immediately! The overall functionality is excellent and the space is sufficient for my groceries. It has everything right: ice maker, appearance, quietness and convertible compartments!The ease of cleaning the glass shelves is a bonus feature for me. The fresh air feature keeps the inside of the refrigerator fresh and without odor. There is almost no noise while it is operating which is a nice change from my previous refrigerator that was way too loud. the freezer and the fridge have a lot of space. The light inside is good. The multitude of features and the awesome compliments that I get from my guests makes it one of the best purchases this year!

• Temperature Control:

Would not get this again

from Fountain Inn, SC

Comments about Whirlpool Refrigerator:

This Whirlpool side by side refrigerator looked so shiny and nice on the showroom floor. Not in my house though. The stainless steel is very hard to keep looking nice. It always has spots on it. Maybe I do not know what I am doing but I do not like that.
Even worse than that is the fact that I can not get big items in the doors easily. For example a pizza can not be put in the refrigerator or freezer in the box. Worse yet is the Thanksgiving turkey. I have had to limit the size that I buy because I can't easily get a turkey in the freezer or refrigerator. Very dissapointing.
The noise level is fine. It keeps my food cold or frozen as I wish but that does me no good if I can't get the food in. Live and learn.