Other Refrigerators:

Samsung French Door Refrigerator RFG297AAWP RFG297AAPN RFG297AABP

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

Best refrigerator available and get tons of compliments.

We just bought a new house and decided to get the best available for appliances.  This Samsung refrigerator is truly a treat.  Easy to use features on outside of door for choosing between crushed or cubed ice and water.  Display is appealing also.  The best feature is that the refrigerator utilizes all of its space for food storage.  3 shelves with the option to lift to make space for bigger objects like a pitcher.  Six total shelves on in the doors to house every condiment possible.  The freezer on the bottom is spacious with 2 shelves.  My mother actually had to bring the turker to be stored at my house because she did not have any room in her regular sized refrigerator.  I didn't have to move my normal supply of leftovers and fully stocked condiments.  So I can say that I have more space than I need in the refrigerator!  The outside style of the refrigerator is very appealing and I am sure to get a compliment on it whenever a guest comes over!

Do Not Buy This

This is the worst piece of Junk I have ever bought. Ice spits out all over when you use the dispenser, sometimes plugs up inside the door and when you open the door to fix the problem it dumps ice all over the floor. The ice maker sounds like a bomb is going off when it fills the ice container. Sometimes the fridge makes a terrible noise. Water builds up under the bottom drawer in the fridge and freezes the runs down into the freezer compartment and onto the floor. When and if you get the repairman out they do not know why and have been unable to fix it. Last Samsung appliance I will ever buy!!

electronics not good nor is Samsung support

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator RFG297AAWP RFG297AAPN RFG297AABP:

Have had to replace boards for fridge side several times. Self diagnostics has not worked correctly for technician. Ice maker is loud.
Unit is stainless and handsome. About all the good I can say.

Noise Level
Icemaker makes loud noise as ice drops into container. Causes guests to look and wonder .

Interior Organization
OK. The tall section for milk/bottles could be larger

Temperature Control
We have serious problems with temps. Easy to set temps but unit electronics has failed several times

OK

SERIOUS problems with electronics

enough said

A fridge for all.

As far as french door refrigerator goes, this one really satisfied my domestic requirement. Great design, functions, and energy consumption. There were a few contenders prior to my final purchase of this fridge, but the overall price/design/value scored the most when it comes to all factors considered. All compartments are well organized. Freezer drawers are perfectly easy to operate. overall a great product. It's a very sleek addition to my modern kitchen.

Interior Organization
Different temperature for fruit vs vegetable with control for temperature zone for each. very handy in when it comes to organizing the contents after a grocery trip. cute logos to label each compartments.

Temperature Control
the beeping mechanism warning of open door is handy in keeping the doors closed perfectly.

stainless surface is smudge-resistant. It proved to me that a clean stainless surface is do-able.

Very high quality stainless steel bar for door handles. very sculpture bars accompanying the slight curves of the door panels.

Good Refrigerator Overall Just a Couple of Tweaks

Overall this is a good fridge and freezer. I really love how much space there is in both the fridge and the freezer. I buy in bulk and have no issues with space. I can fit 5 gallons of milk, a pitcher, 5 cartons of eggs, tons of pyrex containers, a dozen water bottles, a six pack of soda, tons of condiments in the doors and any other items I need and still have room for odds and ends. The freezer holds two briskets, a rack of ribs, four whole chickens, ten pounds of ground beef, twenty chicken breasts, packages of french fries, chicken nuggets, waffles, pizza, ice cream, frozen veggies and at least 7 casserole dishes on any given day. There is still room left for other items as well. We really have a ton of room in the freezer. I have two tweaks that I wish I would have thought about before buying this fridge. The ice maker and the pull out drawer. The ice maker makes very little ice and it takes literally 24 hours to remake one small bin of ice. We entertain a lot and we always have to buy ice. We can't even get one bucket of ice out of the ice maker to serve drinks. If you have two people living in your house and need ice for a couple of drinks a day, this ice maker is fine. If you have a larger family or entertain, you will constantly be without ice. Secondly we wish the large pull out tray for the deli meats and cheeses was accessible from the outside. We have to open both doors several times a day to get to the pull out tray. This lets all the cool air out and wastes energy. Overall this is a good unit.

• Temperature Control:

This is a very fashionable and spacious product.

Very great product but hard to clean the exterior. It's easy to clean the interior and there is a lot of room. I love how you can control the temp for different areas of the refrigerator. The freezer is a nice size as well. The blue lights on the panel looks great against the black.

Loving this!

I'm very astonished on how much I love this Samsung refrigerator. The refrigerator is very spacious. As well as the digital control are easy to understand, very simple. The interior is very neat. Well organized. All drawers are see through. One of the best things is how the refrigerator runs extremely quietly. Temperature through out is moderately cool, just the way I need it. Nice exterior as well. Great Fridge!

Very good Product!

I have had this product for about six months now. It was a good value and is a good product. I only have a few minor complaints about it. Firstly, the ice maker is extremely loud! I'm not sure why it makes so much noise but it does. Even when the bottom ice maker is shut off. That's one of the positives of this fridge is that it can make a TON of ice. Drawback to this is the noise and it does take some time to make ice.

My second minor complaint is that the fridge isn't suitable for those who have a lot of condiments. At least my opinion... Some of the shelves are kind of small and I have difficulties arranging things sometimes. I do love the freezer space though! I have never had such a big freezer. It becomes even roomier if you remove the bottom ice tray collector. I had it in there for a while but I realized that I never used that ice. The top one makes enough for just two people in the house. Overall good buy! I'm happy.

Loud ice maker!

Excellent Fridge!

I was a little skeptical at first buying a fridge made by Samsung, but pleasantly surprised. Love the look of it and it has tons of room and continues to keep everything cold like it should. Also love the ice maker and option to have crushed ice. No problems at all!

Silent!

Roomy!

Easy and consistent!

Pretty easy to clean. A couple of tough places.

So far so good.

Love the look of the french doors and pull out freezer drawer.

Do Not Buy This

RFG297AABP

from Phoenix, AZ

I just bought the RFG297 series Samsung refrigerator. It is very nice looking, runs very well and has very nice features. I especially like the lighting throughout, which enables me to see all the way to the back of the refrigerator. There are lights situated even in the drawer areas where fruits and vegetables are held. There is no guessing game when it comes to finding items in the refrigerator because of the well-thought out lighting features.

Noise Level
This is a quiet refrigerator.

Temperature Control
Runs a little cold; but I am sure I can adjust the level without any problems.

Love the sturdiness of the shelves that are adjustable; as well as the door shelves that are well made and adjustable too. They are not cheap looking, but sturdy.

Well thought out. This refrigerator is very attractive. I bought it in the black finish and it is looking real good in my kitchen! I really like the looks.

Functional refrigerator

from Merced, CA

This French door refrigerator is a "work horse". It does not have as many bells and whistles as some of its counterparts on the market, but is perfect for a family of four to five people. Also, it is ideal for budget conscious people as well as the energy conservative. This refrigerator is virtually noiseless, has reasonable sized shelves and doors that could easily fit gallon-sized milk bottles. Moreover, the shelves inside the refrigerator as well as the ones inside the door can be re-oriented to make more or less room as needed. Since the refigerator is well compartmentalized, it is very easy to contain and clean up spills and messes as well as organize food items in both the fridge and freezer sections. While purchasing this product be aware that there is an additional water connection line that needs to be purchased with it and it has to be the right kind to complement the in-built water line you have in your kitchen designated to this fridge. Overall, reasonably satisfied with the product.