Other Refrigerators:
Models:
RF267AERS, RF267AEBP
Samsung French Door Refrigerator

Samsung French Door Refrigerator

Pros

• Easy access (4)
  • Energy efficient (4)
  • Holds temperature well (4)
  • Attractive (3)
  • Space for tall items (3)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (4)
    • Personal (5)

Samsung French Door offers a ton of space!

I had a Whirlpool side by side and as a gourmet cook who entertains a lot, never had room for my big serving dishes in it!  I never thought I would like the french door models but it was the only other option at the home improvement store and we couldn't afford a commercial grade so I gave it a whirl.

I love it!  This unit is the same size as our old side by side but because of it's wide layout, seems to hold a lot more!  For Thanksgiving I fixed two casseroles and three desserts and got it all in the fridge along with a month's worth of groceries from our shopping trip the day before.

With a large family for holidays and entertaining, the dual ice makers have been a godsend and we don't have to buy ice.  Plus, I love the LED lights and the water and ice makers.  I also like the being able to adjust the temperature.

The freezer on the bottom seems pretty big and it is but it will also fill up quickly. I like the slide out tray which is good for small things like pints of ice cream and packs of lunch meat or hot dogs.

All though pricier than some of the other models, I think it was worth it and will last many years.

Bumpy ride at first

Bought our first refrigerater in Twenty years. Wanted to make sure it was a good purchase cause it would be awhile hopefuly before having to buy another one. We liked the looks of this one the ease of having the freezer at the bottom. The style of the french doors. Overall look great. We got it delivered and within a week someone had to come out and look at it. Was not keeping our milk cold. Tested the temp of milk it was only 45 degrees when the frig reading on the door read 34 degrees. Tested the temp control on the back and that was broke...Had to order another..Got the new one put in and now it works great...My only complaint would be the ice machine. When you want just cubes you will get some crushed with it. Also it claims to make 8 pounds of ice, I don't believe this. If you have family get togetheres have ice on back up you are going to need it.

I love my fridge

from Bakersfield

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

I use this as my home personal family use i love it because it's very convenient for me and my family it has enough space and keeps my food cool and last longer I love how it makes crushed ice and whole ice ice chest is big enough to put lots of frozen items

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

would definitely buy when i own a house

from San Diego CA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy Access
    • Energy Efficient
    • Holds Temperature Well
    • Space For Tall Items

• Big Families

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

i love the doors at top and freezer at bottom. its not short refrigerator just perfect size.

nice

from netherlands

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Energy Efficient

Cons

• Unreliable

• Large Kitchens

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would not recommend this refrigerator

from Kitts Hill, Oh

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
      • Customizable Shelving
      • Easy Access
      • Energy Efficient
      • Holds Temperature Well
      • Quiet
      • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• cosmetic rust bottom of icemaker front door

• Small Kitchens

the
      25.5 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator
      Model Number: RF268ABBP/XAA Serial Number: 1332F we purchased in 9/2010 is out of warranty, live chat sent me to service for rust on outside door below icemaker, this was a very expensive purchase, on of which i thought would not have any issues until maybe 12-15 years of use, there isn't anything samsung will do according to live chat, so unless i fix the rust, i will have a hole in the front panel, i will not purchase another samsung.

Wonderful investment

from Tacoma, WA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
      • Customizable Shelving
      • Easy Access
      • Holds Temperature Well
      • Space For Tall Items

• Big Families
        • Large Kitchens

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

Our family was on a refrigerator search for a year but ended quickly as soon as we saw this fridge. We loved the stainless steel elegant design this one had. The french door style allows more room for food to be refrigerated, which is perfect for our family since we don't freeze much. The shelves are also adjustable for tall items such as pitchers. It also plays a little tune just in case you leave the door slightly open. The LED light on the water and ice display is beautiful and easy to understand. They have pictures of water, ice cubes, or crushed ice. I can also fit a nice reasonably tall glass underneath for water. The only reason why I am giving this review 4 stars is that one time, the ice machine got a little stuck, and a bunch of ice cubes fell out all at once when I opened the door. It was the first issue I had with the fridge, and so far the only one. Overall, great deal for an amazing fridge.

• Personal

Great concept, just doesn't measure up.

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

Initially we loved this Samsung product. But the glitter has fallen off, and now we are just o.k. with it. The frost buildup on products in the freezer compartment is awful. I don't mean around the freezer, but in/on the foods. And trying to find something in it when 3/4 full or more is very frustrating. The ice/water dispenser takes up a HUGE amount of space. Our old one was 1/2 and worked fine. Veggies need humidity, fruit need low to keep produce fresh. Regardless of the fancy dials, they do not work well at all. And, going more vegetarian, the fruit and veggie drawers are too few and too small. The adjustable shelves are nice; if you have an empty fridge. Otherwise, not very useful. The quick access freezer shelf is awkward. Don't get me wrong --- this unit has some good ideas, but the end product just doesn't quite measure up to the concepts.

• Temperature Control:

Great product! Highly recommend!

from North Baltimore, OH

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

I am a huge Samsung fanatic, from there televisions, to there appliances, they never have let me down. When I first bought my Samsung refrigerator I was immediately impressed. There is so much room inside this product, I was simply blown away. One of my favorite things about this item is the inside light. When you open the doors the light is dim, and then gets brighter. So for those late night drinks or snacks it doesn't immediately blind you when you open the door. The ice maker, and water dispenser are also great. Never any issues with over freezing or anything like that. There are shelves inside that you can push under another to create more space for different grocery items. If you don't have enough shelf space, just pull out the retractable shelf inside for space. I highly recommend this refrigerator to anyone looking at buying it. The prices for Samsung is a little higher than most, but it is worth it in every way.

I love it

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

We don't own this refrigerator, but my parents do and they absolutely love it. I am extremely jealous of it every time I visit! They came to purchase it after researching it for a long time, and when it is time to upgrade to a new refrigerator, this one is currently at the top of my list.

From a pure aesthetic perspective, this design is so sleek looking. But from an actual convenience perspective, it's even better. I still cannot get over how huge it is! When you open the doors there is just a ton of space and the way it is set up is just perfect for how you need to store items.

They don't have the in-door water filtration and ice dispensing mechanism. I used to have a refrigerator like that and used it all the time, so I can understand why people would want to have it. However, I started hearing how they weren't very sanitary and I switched to using a brita filter. I actually really love doing this, as the water is colder and tastes fresher.

Overall, great refrigerator!

Samsung's Well Designed 26.0 Cu. Ft. Refrigerator

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

I love this refrigerator. It looks good, runs quiet, and has plenty of space. It's designed well to maximize the space. It may actually be designed too well as my fridge usually looks half empty now because it's probably a bigger model than I need, but that's a nice luxury to have.

Noise Level
        This model is really quiet. Even when the compressor is running it's still really quiet and you hardly notice that it's running.

Interior Organization
        I love how the interior is designed. With the bottom freezer you can easily separate your foods in the fridge part, the French door area. I keep my dairy products together and fresh fruits along with leftovers and drinks. I used to just stick everything in all together but the fridge is so well designed that just putting things into place separates your items.

Temperature Control
        Has separate temperature controls for each large compartment of your fridge. Easy to adjust and control the settings.

Because of the shelves and the compartments there are a lot of corners and cracks that can be hard to clean when something gets spilled down into that area, but for the most part, just wipe and go. Pretty simple.

Comes with a warranty including parts and labor for a year with an additional warranty offered. I haven't had any issues whatsoever.

It looks really great in my kitchen. It's a beautiful appliance that matches with with my other high-end appliances.

Very loud

from Loris, SC

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

We love the size of the fridge, but when the ice drops, it wakes the dead. It is probably the biggest drawback. Also, the ice maker takes up a huge chunk of the fridge. I find that terribly annoying and a waste of space. However, the freezer on the bottom is a major plus, although at times it can be back breaking. It would have been smarter to put the ice maker connected to the bottom like LG did. It is a "known issue" by Samsung about the noise. They took away some of the insulation around the ice maker to make it bigger, however this definitely affected the sound. You cannot watch tv, be on the phone, or try and sleep when someone is getting ice. It is next to impossible. It is that loud.

Noise Level
        The ice maker is very loud when the ice drops or when you try and get some from the ice maker.

Interior Organization
        You can move the shelves up and down, which makes it easier to put tall things like milk in. If you need to shuffle your food around, you can do that, like when you put a cake in, the heights adjust to fit.

Temperature Control
        The temperature control is simple, with a touch of a button on the outside. I find it is very precise and you can have a range of temperatures. However, I get confused with some of the internal temperature controls.

Find that it's very difficult to keep it clean inside, and all the nooks and crannies where liquids get stuck. The drawers all come out to get cleaned, however.